• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MOAST3: Dallas, Texas Tournament - Results in 1st post

Essence

Smash Journeyman
I AM SHEP

yuh i entered as SHEP cuz im just a pimp, youre the evil SHEP, and i pwn joo nooblud

R0BM0NEY

Smash Apprentice
leprechaun here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhhhhhhh i like it

fluffy-sama....................caveman says hi and you like it

smash smash mr.c were you at
essence my bro
bluk i want to visit you sometime and be a plo pimp

yeah whatever

Mr.C

Smash Master
surprisingly i was found asleep in Africa today when some wierd guy with his nipples pierced like 150x woke me up and shot me in the neck with a blow dart.........im still trying to figure out what happened during the time i was unconsous :eek: well i sucked at this tourney but hey i had fun BOWZAH! but the most important thing is i got spam so boooooooyahkasha!

SoupNazi

Smash Cadet
First time I've posted on this in a long time.. Tourney was fun. Everything was good.
I'm gonna forget like everyone.. So just yell at me later.
Eddie - Talking with you was fun.. Your Ganon is the bane of mine.. Next time we meet I'm taking you out.. And by taking you out I mean get you down to one stock.
Sint - Oh silly Austin.. Your tomfoolery keeps me chuckling.
Silas - I've missed your jolly hate. I will have to make sure to bug you atleast three to seventeen times a day. LOLIMOBTWTBHROFLFOGL.
Neveah(?) - Kitty! Yah I don't feel like putting up the other part.. You know what it is all about. What what.
Landon and Alucard - You guys are silly :(
Team Ben - All fun... You guys are so lucky I let you have pause and keep up all of those random "tournament" matches you were having..
Crystal - Was fun watching and talking to you guys.. Your YL is godly Caveman
Scav - The drives were fun.. We tried in teams. We are teh winnar I suppose. I look forward to playing soon.. Your G&W's *** is mine.
My Orange Vest - Wow I love you so much.. You kept me warm when I was cold and let me be seen really easily.
Mr. Silver - Was awesome talking. Not sure if I ever got the play you.. But I've sort of stolen your Zelda and play exactly like you now almost.. Fun times.
Mike G - Your peach is awesome.. I never got you to show me what to do, but I did manage to kick you off the TVs about 239842 times :x
Kenshin - You loved the hug..
AZ - You guys were the height of too-muchery. Kudos to you silly folk.
I'm probably forgetting like everyone.. But.. Meh. I'm feelin way too lazy to think right now... So off to stare at a wall.

DracaDragon

Smash Cadet
LOL Cole and I went out to buy that spam....geez it was a hard choice between original spam and spam with cheese....But we thought the cheese would maybe....I don't know.... taste better??

Shlay

BOOBS O' D-Krew
BRoomer
Originally posted by DracaDragon

Cory Thanks so much for diving into the scary dark post things cause if you weren't there it would've been either me or Ashley jumping in there!
Holly-
You totally missed me diving in up to my knees in those holes. I have like 4 or 5 bruises on my arms and legs from it. Tru Gamerz were threating to take pics of me like that....good thing they didn't...but hey, I got even more free play for doin so...I found them a cube, memory card, and a Ghost Recon game that they had missed...oh yeah and a cell phone charger...there was some interesting things in there....:chuckle:

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Luke were you expecting to see your ol pal AOB at the top of the low tier placings? i think i got 5th, got taken out by ice climbers which are NOT low tier!!!

Alucard258

Smash Journeyman
umm... lets see....

Oro- You have a badass Samus. I wanna play it again sometime. YOur Link and Pika were good too.
Soup Nazi- LOLROFLMAO Your a cool guy didnt get to play you but you were fun to hang out with.
AOB- DIDnt play you in the tourney but you DK rox. I beta it once but the rest of the times you pwned me.
Arash- Your Bowser pwns.
Silver- PLayed your Fox when you were tired so I almost beat you. Cool guy.
JesusFreak- I played your Zelda which was ok. Twas fun, wish to play you again sometime.
Titan- PLayed your Ganon once. Best one I played there.
Ken- I played you in teams at Pmatts one night but you didnt play Marth:( . I played your Ganon tho... but... I wish you wouldve played Marth.
Other people I forgot then umm... I dunno.... twas a fun tourney. Cant wait till MO4ST

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
K...let me post before this spam thing gets out of control again. That tournament was easily the best event ive ever been to. It was very well organized and it was a lot of fun. And seriously...texans are so ****ing cool its not even funny. I was considering buying a house there when i have a family after seeing the place and the people. Great hospitality.

Shout outs:

Fluffy Sama - You were cool and funny. Did you like me? I wasn't to sure if you did. We were having friendlies and you were saying things like "oh **** you/**** off/ i ****ing hate you" everytime i got a stock off of you. Either way i thought it was funny. Nice meeting you.

Arash - You shouldn't have been allowed in the BOWSER CHALLENGES....you actually had a good bowser. Thanks for letting me borrow your gameboy. That mewtwo instead of bowser thing makes sense...but i still think you should keep your bowser.

Ken - Good job...you made a lot of money. You play so well under pressure. Thanks for helping me/gabe/wolf get better. We owe you.

Isai - Finally...we got to hang out for a while. You didn't win this tournament for california...you won it for Mexico....you deserve a carne asada burrito. Good job man. I lead bowser teams better though...how dare you cut me.

Fear - TEAMmate...we did well man. We lost the last one cuz of me...but still we had a great run. I wish i didn't have to play you in the tournament. Your family was cool as **** too. I think i gave your sis 300 high fives. Your bro kept dogging me after our match. haha...i know he was kidding though. It was good to meet you man.

Mr. C - Nice playing you in those friendlies. I was surprised you weren't all loud and hyper. You were right man...your link is sick.

Lep - No johns...you were one of the coolest people there. You're my bro now too. Pleasure doing crew battles with you. You need to come to california if we hold the OC2. Im giving you some In n' Out if you do.

Crashman - finally got to meet you. Your samus is good too. Your bro was awesome as well. Dude...you shoulda crewed with us...but we couldnt have 2 samuses. Nice to meet you man...ur the reason i got double missles working.

Kenshin - Thanks for the ride man...you said you were bad with names so i dont know if you remembered us. You took us to waterburger.

JESI - You were the best female smasher i have ever played. You owe me ten bucks...or maybe you don't. Do you live in texas or closer to cali? You were cool to play against and fun to talk to.

Silas - thanks for all the rides and the arby's...it was greatly appreciated. Those money matches were close.

Essence - good falcon...nice hair

Darkness of heart - good zelda...nice hair...pleasure doing crew with you.

Tsetse - sorry we couldnt let you use peach in crew battles. But you still held your own with shiek. Good job man.

Darkrain - Playing you in crew battles was one of my highlights...not because i hated you or i wanted to beat you...but because you are so **** good...i was proud of how i did. Your falcon is top 3 in my book. Crazy ****.

Eddie - Man...you were so cool. You were fun to talk to....you were nice as ****. It was awesome playing your ganon (finally). Good to finally meet you.

Mike G - Check it out....blakula is too scary. Stop sucking so much blood man...just chill for a second. When you weren't playing in tournaments you were eating peoples blood...just calm down for a while. You dont NEED blood...have you thought about soda or Milk or something? Well besides that your peach was so good. You faked me out in almost every way. Got a lot of respect for your peach...glad to finally play you.

AZ - Punks...whats with all this hating? Nah joking...i thought most of it was funny as ****. First you give fear tips on how to beat me...then you cheer for my opponent in a few matches. No johns...but i probably wouldn't have lost if you...my brothers...weren't cheering against me. It's alright though...come to OC2 if it happens. Im gonna try to make up for it by jacking some more money out of your pockets. :) Nice seeing you guys again....no honestly...i really don't hate you guys if thats what you think. I think tony was thinking that. Its always fun when you guys are around.

Bluk - so good meeting you man. You were also one of my favorite persons. You looked tired as **** the whole time. Ill teach you the cali hand shake if you ever decide to come down again.

Gore- your ice climbers are sick...soooo good. Your hat was awesome. Pleasure meeting you

Clever - nice samus...i thought it was the best in texas.

Sevens - nice samus as well...nice playing you in my first ditto of the tourney.

JF - nice meeting you too...ken is a cool guy...dont hate man...just smash.

CC - sick sick sick sick. You guys were so good. And your catch phrases are unmatched. I liked it. Rob Money called me "Papa Johns" when i asked to turn off my rumble before our team match started. Haha...its not a john...its just a preference. Smiles...our mind smash game was intense...i won though...it was like a 2 stock. Dont lie. Nice meeting you guys

Lubback crew (that how you spell it) - You guys were pretty good...roy had a good run...you got me. But you guys taught me a very important lesson...never play friendlies with someone more than twice...i played roy like 40 times before the tournament...and it ended up hurting me in the end. None of my tricks were working anymore. Good game.

Team Ben - Oro...your samus is so impressive. Your aggresive style is unmatched...i wish i could play it like you do. Wife your peach is awesome...Husband....your marth is crazy we will rematch for 1000 bucks next time. You guys were some of the funniest smashers ever...you guys coach each other while you play...wisper strats every match...gave each other hugs after winning a round vs ken and isai...too funny. You guys were awesome to be around.

GameFaqers - you guys were so awesome...you guys had a great attitude...get on smashboards now!

Pmatt - thanks for housing us...your house is easily the nicest house i have ever been in....and the funny thing was it wasn't much different from EVERY OTHER house i saw...dallas is too good.

Dr. Drew - The only guy i lost money to...and not once but twice...i hate you for being a samus killer...but i like you for being an awesome guy and housing us on monday. You should consider using bowser from now on.

Majin - wtf? we were supposed to play? Next time man...next time.

Well thats it....it was amazing...thanks to everyone for the compliments. Texas owns. I'd love to see you guys in California if the OC2 goes down. You guys are some of the nicest people ive ever met. I had the best time. Thank you

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by HugS

Fluffy Sama - You were cool and funny. Did you like me? I wasn't to sure if you did. We were having friendlies and you were saying things like "oh **** you/**** off/ i ****ing hate you" everytime i got a stock off of you. Either way i thought it was funny. Nice meeting you.

Roflmao. That's the unique lanugage I use when playing smash. "OH **** you" actually means "Good job." **** off means "Wow, nice!" and "I ****ing hate you" means 'Way to go, good game!"

I feel so special, i was at the top of someone's shout list! :D I don't hate you hugs! You're teh awsome. = ) It was funny watching them taunt you with that cell phone... hehehe... <3<3<3

fluffy-sama

BRoomer
BRoomer
omg tysm lep! :)

I forgot to shout out to you. OMG.

Crystal City: you guys kick so much @$$. Not just in smash, you guys - especially Caveman - made MOAST3 truly awsome for me. Not that it wouldn't have been awsome anyway, but you guys made it even awsomer. Caveman, your lap makes a wonderful pillow <3 ^_^. Rob$, I wish I had gotten to chill with you more. Get a tan, boy. Smiles, one day, we will.. together.. discover Victoria's Secret. XD Zulu, it takes a real man to use Jigglypuff. I applaud you. Leprechaun, your avatar rocks my world, but why didn't you say anyting about my glorious sig? :( If there's anyone else in Crystal that i forgot, I <3 you too!

HOPEFULLY I'll be getting an apartment of my own soon. If i do, Crystal City is welcome to come and stay with me for MLG Houston. :D 'twill be much fun.

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
It was great to actually see Eddie in person, the one who sparked my interest in Ganon.
And was interesting to have Red hand me my *** so swiftly, your and Eddie's Dorf's are everything I want mine to be, and I will train to be.
It was great to meet AoB as well, and to beat his Capn. And oh yeah Andy, it counts in my book. Even though you chose your Kong rectify your previous loss, Id have to say those were my most entertaining and well played battles. 4 consecutive Dairs on your Kong ;) Only to be matched by your Uairs.
Must give a hoot and holler to Mookie Rah for showing me a competent Mewtwo and the good friendlys we had.
To everyone else I met, it was a pleasure.
Make sure to keep an eye out for Poncho Pat in future tournaments.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
MLG Houston will rock!! I couldn't get enough of MOAST 3, even though we could only appear for the 1 vs 1... (**** car engine failing on us!)

Fluffy, I will definintly get a match in with you when I go to Houston, I'll make sure I look everywhere this time instead of just walking around aimlessly like I did at MOAST. Does that sound good to you?

Kind of early of us but... housing anyone? Houston? Scav? Sint? Fluffy? Anyone?

PDFarsight

Smash Cadet
shoutouts

Since everyone else is doing it, I shall do shout-outs to all the guys I remember.

Leprechaun: I probably played you more than anyone else. You were one of the only superior smashers willing to waste time on me. Thanks for all the matches and for not bragging about beating me a million times. Finally got your Fox with my Peach! Now I can say I beat someone from Crystal City. :D

fluffysama: Sorry about your hand. :( And I didn't get to play you! That pissed me off. We'll meet again!

McFox: You were the only guy I actually beat in a tournament match. Not that you suck, but for every match after that I was playing horribly. Thanks for the awesome Pika dittos.

Fast2: You eliminated me from the Low Tier you punk! Nice Link. Thanks for the games.

Darkness Of Hearts: And you eliminated me from the 1 vs. 1! *******. Haha, no, you were cool. Crazy good Zelda. O_O

Richard: Even though you owned me in that match we played, you are my new hero. What you do with Kirby is mind blowing. Best Kirby in the nation!

Kenshin: Thanks for playing me again. It's kind of weird playing you: you're such a crazy guy, but during the matches you're so serious. Your Link is godly as always and I loved watching you show off your expertise with the character whenever you played.

Lord: I only played you a few times, but I desperately wanted to play you again. Come to another tourney!

Sevens and Brian: I did not want to play you guys first team match :( You're both insanely good and, unfortunately, you know it. Great job, guys, and thanks for the L-cancelling tips.

Ken: I was afraid to talk to you for the entire first day of the tournament. Your skills are truly amazing and I still do not know how you move so fast; it's like you can see the future or something. Congrats on winning Low Tier and 2 vs. 2, and FREAKING AWESOME MATCHES against Isai. The one before the final match was definitely the best match I have ever seen. Oh, by the way, I was the guy who asked you if you had a job, to which you replied "this is my job" as you counted your money.

Isai: I didn't actually talk to you, but rather watched from afar. I'm afraid I cheered against you during the Kirby match, since you were playing my fellow DKREW member Richard. Thanks for the entertaining matches and HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD. TELL ME.

RobFalco: You little punk. You sit there like a little innocent smasher waiting for people to play you, then OWN ME LIKE CRAZY AND THEN tell me you're RobFalco. Haha, you were cool to me, though you were a little cocky to Ken in my opinion. Your Falco is truly out of this world; I'm glad you didn't unleash it on me. O_O

Zulu: Your skills impress me the most. What you can do with Jigglypuff is unbelievable. Also, you're one of the best team players I've ever seen. Way to go.

BunnyAvenger: You knocked me out of 1 vs. 1 too, you *****! Haha, you were cool. I finally got my pride back after doing that Marth combo on you. I wish I could play you some more.

Jesi: Grr, the first girl to beat me at a videogame! My victories continued to get more and more crazy as the tournament went on. You were pretty good and a fun person to talk to. Thanks for putting up with my Doc and Marth!

Andy: It was cool playing with you and Jesi and BunnyAvenger. I pwn FFA! I wish to play you guys again.

Meszanjur: This TV looks open, what do you think, Blake? Had fun raiding the free TVs during the tournament matches.

Brian, Derek, whatever your name is, Mr. Pool Shark: 15 losses, 2 wins... insane. Thanks for owning me so much at pool. You taught me a few new tricks too! You were a cool guy. Get a Gamecube!

And now for the people who helped make this thing possible...

Scav: Props to you for putting on the whole show. I really enjoyed this tourney and you at least gave the illusion of running it smoothly. But you didn't do this alone, you had help...

Austin: You were a crazy announcer when Scav was out and put up with me during the drive over there and back. Thanks for answering all my annoying smash questions.

Schmatt: You were cool and mellow during the whole thing, but maybe that was the constant exhaustion. Sorry we didn't do too well in teams. Thanks for inviting me to be your partner anyway. Too bad about that ticket on the way back :-\

CORY: As crazy and fun as ever. You still owe me 75 cents!

Drew: Thanks for playing Golden Sun for me; I don't know how I would have gotten past it without you. ;) I didn't get to play you, but I know you're good as ever and worked hard to maintain order at the tournament. You seemed more alive and excited despite your chronic tiredness. And DK vs. Ken, are you insane?!

PMatt: Thanks for the congratulations on the AMV award, it meant a lot to me even if you did wake me up :D I can't believe you housed so many people. :O

FMatt: You stupid *****, if you ever punch me again I'm going to kill you. See you at Tech! :D

Chang: I wanted to play you some more! I never get to play you. Sorry about bringing you home late, I hope you didn't get in too much trouble. That cop was nice, though, right?

Sammy: Your "open the gates!" cheer has become my excuse for my random moments of pwnage. "Gotta open a gate!" I now say. Thanks a lot. Your Peach is still crazy and I would like to one day play you for real, 1 on 1 >=(

And finally, a sad goodbye to KishCubed. My very first tourney badge goes to you, pal. Rest in Peace.

I had a ton of fun at this tournament and eagerly await MOAST4. I hope to see you all again!

EDIT: smoothly, not slowly

Smiles

Smash Journeyman
smash is still a like

Man this tournament was the moAst fun i have ever had. i did not expect to get that far. Looking foward to Moast 4. congratulations to everybody on a job well done.

leprechaun

Smash Ace
Re: shoutouts

Originally posted by PDFarsight
Since everyone else is doing it, I shall do shout-outs to all the guys I remember.

Leprechaun: I probably played you more than anyone else. You were one of the only superior smashers willing to waste time on me. Thanks for all the matches and for not bragging about beating me a million times. Finally got your Fox with my Peach! Now I can say I beat someone from Crystal City. :D

**** man i played you like 50 million times but it was fun and of course you did get my fox with your peach and of course i like to play for fun and i don't consider it a waste of time.....................peace out

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
awesome tourney, lots of fun. definitely worth the trip. big thanks to PMatt, Silas, Kenshin (you're hilarious dude), Drew (your DKC2 skills are amazing!!!), and Scav for hauling me around and putting me up for the nights. and thanks to all the TX guys who put this thing together.

i can't shout out to everyone i played, cuz i played a whole lot of people. and evidently a lot of you can't shout out to me either! my DK still isn't good enough, eh? well i'll work on it some more, get some new tricks.

Ken - good game of monopoly! i really thought Zulu had that one, but you made some comeback. we're gonna play your version from now on. too bad you weren't as good at scrabble... oh yeah nice smash games too, you're pretty good.

Arash, Drew, HugS, HugS's brother who plays yoshi??? - bowser team! jigglypuff is too cheap, i'm not even very good with jiggly and i tied for the best score of 5, what's up with that? or did someone get 6?

Isai - bowser leadership! you got the strategies man, you know how to lead the bowser team.

darkrain - not capitalized! always great to see ya, and my falcon does have his moments, like those 2 matches i beat you friday night, but usually you just kicked my ***. you're not too shabby at smash, you know that?

Team Ben - you guys are awesome, but you should have brought mario tennis to the tourney so you could get crushed by my incredible skill. grats on your placings, but my DK can still hang with ya! i'm going to relearn jiggly just to beat you Chris, so watch out.

Eddie - stop saying you suck. great to play you again buddy. a tip against jiggly - if she's crouching, watch the **** out, that's how i beat darkrain at fob2.

JesuFreak - well i think Drew has the best monkey in texas, but you're pretty good, just got a few things to work on like i said. did you ditto him anyway? nice team matches.

darknessofheart - i gotta say, i thought your name was a Joseph Conrad allusion, but i lost a lot of respect for you when i heard it was actually a kingdom hearts allusion... ah well.

people i played in the tourney - thanks for picking countercharacters, you *******s. jk, although it would have been nice to play a marth or fox or something instead of sheik and peach and doc every match! i enjoyed our games.

whoever decided that ice climbers qualified for a low tier tourney - what exactly were you thinking?

edit: wow, *******s doesn't get bleeped but *** and **** and **** do, what the ****? i'm talking to grid about this **** right now, *******s should be banned and *** and **** and **** shouldn't be. ok.

edit edit: well that didn't work, now everything is banned. i'll talk him into taking those other words off the list later.

Straight

Smash Journeyman
awesome

Wow. what an awesome tourny. This weekend was soo much fun. Scav, thanks for hosting this tournament, awesome mario by the way... where was justin spelled backwards?

Converse - Fear, it was awesome hanging out with you. kick *** fox dude and our yoshi ditto was fun. Fears sister and teri's brother (aka nathan and teri) you guys are really cool too. thanks for the ride to denny's on sunday night. We never had our yoshi ditto, oh well, you would have beaten my *** anyways. Felt kind of weird cheering for opposite sides when our brothers played each other. you three are awesome. Haha Mr. C i saw you busting out party boy to the waitress at dennys. Good stuff

Crystal City - lep, funny *** mofo. It was cool having dinner with you at denny's and doing a crew battle with you.SocalTx owns lol. Caveman, it was awesome getting some friendlies in with you. Your young link owns me. Robfalco cool friendlies as well. Your fox owns me, im john-less. Smiles, your name suits you perfectly, smiling during your intense tournament matches and all. Too bad we couldnt play each other, although we were about to but we got kicked off as soon as we plugged our controllers in .Our rock paper scissors tournament was awesome. Good job on getting third in that.lol

bluk - it was cooling talking to you. You were the first person to beat me.Thanks for no chain grabbing. That would have been gay. Your texas handshake is weird. Ill show you our cali handshake in more depth next time we meet.

essence - great falcon dude. It was fun talking to you. Funny *** **** at denny's. Going to the back and getting a refill. haha no motherfu(king tip!!

Silas - thanks for the ride from the airport. you knew who we were as soon as we stepped out of the plane. Crazy smashers intuition.lol

eddie - it was cool to finally meet you. Good times at the airport and at sonics. I know i asked who you were, but as soon as I saw you i knew exactly who you were. Funny hearing you and ken argue on friday night.

Isai - It was cool seeing you again. We mexicans have to stick together.lol. congrats on getting 1st place both in singles and doubles. It was fun hanging with you at drew's house. The bowser challenge owns all.

ken - cool talking to you as always. Thanks a lot for training us. you effing rock. Congrats on your placings.

arash - good job on your placing man. I saw some of your matches... crazy close. Who would have known that all of socal had the same flight back. Thanks for letting me use your gameboy. Mario 3 owns.lol hugo lost in literally 2 seconds in that game.

kenshin - thanks for the ride to the airport and for taking us to waterburger. That place kicks ***. We dont have it here in cali:(

jra - peach player right? Good games dude. You were really nice to me thanks a lot for that.

jri - funny *** yoshi glitch. Thanks a lot for letting me put vids in your labtop. Your the only one that has the teams winners finals. hopefully you still have my email. I still have yours Ill email you shortly so I can get those vids and post them up.

PMatt - thanks a lot for housing socal. haha most people thought i was saying soulcal (soulcalibur) when i would answer where i was from. But ya dude thanks you so much for housing us. Your such a nice guy and your parents are so cool too.

drew - thanks for housing us on monday morning. congrats on getting the most stocks off of the bowsers in the bowser challenge. I think the record was eight or so.

gore - kick *** ice climbers. those were some kick *** friendlies we had.

darkrain - good match against you. **** you you beat my yoshi in low tier. lol jk. youre really good dude.

fast02 - awesome doc. Good tournament matches with you. I think I have a new worst level... corneria. Playing scavs mario and your doctor mario in that level was hard. Mario owns that level.

smash002 - something like that. we played each other in the tournament. I played your fox and falco. hope you remember me. Your good dude. Good matches with you.

Darkness of heart - good doing a crew battle with you. kick *** zelda man.

tsetse - good doing crew battle with you. sorry we couldnt give you peach. Your sheik did god though

Az - cool talking to you guys. props on the wet willies. Good job sean on your placing. Geez guys dont cheer against my bro lol.

team ben - you guys are so funny. Your coaching tactics are crazy.
Our crew battle against you first round was lots of fun. Oro, your samus is crazy. I wasnt sure what to do against you. That was a crazy set by the newlyweds against ken and isai.

Mr. silver - your fox kicks ***. It was fun playing you. Too bad i didnt get you play your PAL version.

Mike G. - your such a cool guy. Your peach kicks ***. Hopefully next time we can finsh our set. Blakula was too funny.

7's - good samus

AOB - crazy Dk. You were the reason my brother and I started competitive smash. You own. My bro recorded our friendly match at drews house. I think its on the hub already. Dl it off of us if you want.

Fluffy - thanks for the rides.

Alucard - cool talking to you during our "comftorable" car rides

Wow what a long post. My longest ever. hopefully i didnt forget anybody. this was such a bad *** tournament. Hopefully i get to see you guys in the future. My Aim SN is in my profile. In case you wanna talk:D

Zarelid

Smash Lord
hmmm MOASTS top players prove tiers all wrong sheiks top tier but who was sheik!?!?!? who was Fox!?!?!? no Fox or sheik in top ten I don't think.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Disputable Ranking

I decided to say the bad stuff first, so I can end on a good note...

Negative comments on MOAST:

Yeah, I hate to critique on such a badass tournament, but I'm so ashamed of my placement, once I saw the competition... Mainly, because Roy placed 9th, and I placed 49th! The thing is, I beat Roy all the time in Lubbock! In my opinion, Roy had an easier bracket. I guess I have to get this off my chest because Roy keeps making fun of me because I didn't place as high as he did, but when we play here at home, I beat him all the time... I guess I'm kind of jealous... Forgive me for being so competitive... =(... Also, my brother, JChmack, is definately nowhere of me or Roy's skill level... yet he placed better than I did! He got 33rd... He doesn't even play ssbm, at all, really...

Other placements I don't agree with (no offenses)

Wife (13th) - a definate solid peach... He gave roy a lot of credit, which made me feel half envious of roy because I wanted acknowledgement as well, but also made me feel like I acutally DID have good competition in smash in Lubbock, I just thought Lubbock was no good in smash... Maybe since he's a peach player, and he has a superior peach (I'd assume) that's why he gave roy more credit... Me and CJ from lubbock almost beat his (team bombass) if I didn't kill cj and cj didn't kill me, we would have won! But hey, can't change what happened, we never play with FF on here in Lubbock...

AOB (17th) - really respectable player, played with him a moderate amount, shouldn't placed higher...

Oro (25th) - Great samus player... Yeah, he knocked me out, grrrrrrrr.... nice job oro... should've placed higher...

CahPhoenix (33rd) - Really good falco, is always on you... tied with my brother jchmack, which is impossible... Should've definately placed higher

Jchmack (33rd) - JChmack doesn't even play SSBM... He ranked higher than I did... Typical...

Straight (33rd) - with a low tier char (yoshi) you're definately good... You tied with my bro... I'm going to make myself look like a *******, but I'm willing to challenge your Yoshi to my Peach, I think I can take you =D

A few other notes:

1. Me and Roy were told about the tournament a day before it happened... no practice was done (about 4-6 months is when we last played smash)

2. We have never played on a team, that would be no fun against lubbock competition...

3. We only play FD, we were inexposed to yoshi story, battlefield, our fault for the inexposure, but we can work on that =)

4. Friendly fire? Never heard of it... =D

5. Roy reads nothing on smashboards...

I guess what I'm trying to say is, next time, you guys better watch out... If we had known lots of these variables, we'd have been much more prepared...

Now, maybe a little positive comments won't make me look like a glory hogging *******:

Lubbock Crew did surprisingly well, even though this was our first tournament, Roy placing 9th was a big surprise... We all thought we'd get eliminated

pretty quickly...

1. Mike G - Badass peach, always wanted to meet you, see how you play in person...
2. DarkRain - Extremely good CF
3. AoB - Badass DK, better CF...
4. Hugs - I talked to you a lot, hung out with you... Definately a good samus... I think I can take you though =D....
5. Wife - Very respectable peach...
6. Huband - Great Marth... Good spacing...
7. Arash - best bowser, period...
8. Smiles - played your peach, pretty **** good... got you down to one stock with 100% though, watch out... oOoooOooo... lol...
9. Straight - talked with you a lot... Best yoshi I've ever seen...
10. cory - played your fox, never got to see your best skill level though... You had to go out on a loss, and I know you can do better, you'll have your

rematch at another tourney...

Originally posted by HugS
Lubback crew (that how you spell it) - You guys were pretty good...roy had a good run...you got me. But you guys taught me a very important lesson...never play friendlies with someone more than twice...i played roy like 40 times before the tournament...and it ended up hurting me in the end. None of my tricks were working anymore. Good game.
I think that was a pretty close and even match... But remember, the first time you played Roy, you barely lost to roy, twice... BARELY though, which is EXACTLY what happened in the tournament... Roy's quote: "He didn't want to die! He was over 200%" lol.... Great job on survival, hugs...

2v2's I finished 13th, I guess thats ok...

btw: where's the bracket...

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Meh, 17th is pretty good... especially for my first "major" tournament.

Getting Ken then Sean sucked pretty badly, but those are the breaks, and even if I beaten Sean I'd have to play Darkrain then Caveman or something crazy like that.

I'm finally recovered enough for shout-outs:

Isai: Great job winning, I told you you'd win:) SSJ4 Isai is quite a sight. Oh, and I just remembered like 5 minutes ago you still owe me a dollar, but I'll be nice and let you keep it:chuckle: Monday was awesome, coaching up the triple bowsers and finally shutting me up about Samus. Teaming with you was cool too, even if I kept screwing up...

Ken: Good show man, and great Fox, I couldn't do anything against you in the tournament, though I know you were scared when I went DK in the second match.:chuckle: Playing you was always intense, even when you were screwing around and playing Doc or DK at Matt's. Oh, and get some sleep, half the time I saw you you were on someone's couch passed out.

AOB: Cool hanging with you, and thanks for putting up with my very-Oklahoman relatives at dinner... Your DK is too good, but I still got that one match:) Playing DKC2 (how ironic, more monkeys) was also cool, even though we kept gettin destroyed... Oh yeah, and triple bowser was too much fun, as was teams. I'll be glad to rep the monkey for TX whenever I can. :)

Hugs: Sorry for being such a Samus crusher :cool: You were still really good, never seen anyone turn missle spam into an art form... Fun playing you, and thanks for bringing that camera to record the teams finals. Your bro (Straight maybe?) has a kickass yoshi btw...

Arash: Crazy Bowser, I never knew he could move around like that. Your jiggly's awesome too, and it was fun just talking to you Monday as well. You + Isai + Andy/me = Triple BOWZAH OWNAGE!

Eddie: awesome to finally meet you after so long. I remember vids of you from like 3 years ago that made me want to play G-dorf. You're just too fast, and absolutely destroyed Chang and myself in that third team match (you got all 8 kills:crazy: ) Backhands are just too good, and you arguing with Ken on Friday was hilarious. In fact, you're always hilarious. TRANSFORMERS!

Mr Silver: Congrats on modship, and you're an awesome guy. Now that I think about it I never got to play you 1v1, but your fox looked awesome. I also think you had the worst luck of about anyone with that forward b death against CC.

Sean: Your Falco's just too good... I still think I should have had you that first match, but no johns. Besides, I don't think I could've beaten darkrain or put up that good of a fight agaisnt caveman... Great job getting 7th.

R3D: Good matches man, too bad my comp ate them all, and like Josh said, stop getting banned, I hated having to remember your 18 names.

Team Ben: you guys are great, with all your strategies and support for one another. Newlyweds are too good, but shouldn't you guys be happily married, it's been a year at least, that's one long honeymoon. Oh, and I never got to play Oro Sheik vs. Samus :(

Mookie: After all that talk we never got to play each other, we'll have to fix that at the next tournament. Maybe you'll be doing better than as well.

Mike G: Stupid bora wouldn't ever let me play you, but your Peach looks even more awesome in person. I've gotta play you sometime... and someone's gotta let me in on that Blackula joke.

And now for TX:

CC: Great job guys, you definately put TX on the map for smash. And when did smiles get so good? I never got to play any of you guys, guess it just makes up for playing 5 of you in that SA tournament back in June...

Schwippy: It was cool housing you, even if we really didn't do anything til Sunday. Street fighter is still trash:) Oh, and learn to up B from shield JF. Maybe then you can take back best DK from me (or Chang, his is really good too...)

V-town: you guys all got real good, I just barely beat gore's IC's and bluk's Marth, and Essence was having his way with me in teams on Monday. Keep it up and you guys will be really great someday.

SAK: I (well, everyone actually) figured you guys would miss ANOTHER Texas tournament, so thanks for proving us all wrong. Still never got to play any of you, but you guys had to be good to place where you did, and especially SOS if he actually beat Isai once (I didn't see, I was off playing a match).

Fluffy and Ray-nice meeting both of you, though we never got to play... Hope your hand isn't all screwy next time so I can see your true skill.

The Mound: Way to rep Kirby Richard :). Maybe that silly MBR will wise up and put Kirby where he belongs. Marcus- I WANT MY AR BACK!!! FMATT- you're too crazy, learn more characters. You even play cheap in Naruto...

DKREW: we finally did it guys. After 6+ months we finally did it. Biggest (and definately best run) fan tournament ever. Scav- you kept everything going, and did a great job hosting. Silas- great job staying sane. Josh-thanks for pulling cubes out of those tubes. Ashley- way to work those brackets, and what's with Nevaeh, you stealing our Xer Tlav idea? Austin- always cool, and thanks for taking a hit for the team and giving up your spot so everything would run smoothly. And finally Chang- thank you for kicking so much *** in teams when I was sucking it up. Too bad Sunday didn't go as well for you. You'll get them next time, and don't give up on high tiers, they'll see you through in the end. :cool:

Ok, I think that's most of everyone. There were way too many awesome people at this thing. Now I know why people shell out hundreds of dollars and travel across country for these things. Hopefully I can make it to someone else's big tournament in the future, to repay the favor of so many people coming to ours.

And of course I have to post the obligatory: If I forgot you I'm truly sorry, there were 128+ people there..., don't take it too personally;)

cHaNg-sTa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, I wouldn't worry about places after 5th or 7th, and any smasher can have a horrible day. Heck I got tied 64th. Does that mean I'm horrible at smash? It certainly doesn't. Does it mean I have room for improvement? Well yea, but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Getting 64th, 32nd, 17th, 13th or even 9th would've been the same to me. Winning a few more rounds doesn't mean much til you win the ones at the end.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
yeah the only things i regret about moast was not playing in low tier or 1v1s

but we needed that perfect bracket ^^

Shlay

BOOBS O' D-Krew
BRoomer
Originally posted by Dr DrewtheDragon
Ashley- way to work those brackets, and what's with Nevaeh, you stealing our Xer Tlav idea?
nope not stealing...I've had my aim sn for a long time...so when it came time to get on here...I just used that... :cool:

jra64

Smash Journeyman
lol, I think I'm being an *** about the whole thing, why was I so pissed off that I didn't place higher than roy? Brackets are random, and I just happened to have a bad draw... I just feel I'm a lot better than some of the people who placed 49 and up...

SABERinBLUE

Smash Apprentice
The one thing that I regret about MOAST was not being there...

Ah, well, MO4ST'll make up for it!

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Originally posted by jra64
lol, I think I'm being an *** about the whole thing, why was I so pissed off that I didn't place higher than roy? Brackets are random, and I just happened to have a bad draw... I just feel I'm a lot better than some of the people who placed 49 and up...

I think that was a pretty close and even match... But remember, the first time you played Roy, you barely lost to roy, twice... BARELY though, which is EXACTLY what happened in the tournament... Roy's quote: "He didn't want to die! He was over 200%" lol.... Great job on survival, hugs...

4. Hugs - I talked to you a lot, hung out with you... Definately a good samus... I think I can take you though =D....

I lost to roy the first time in friendlies...not twice in a row...if i lost twice in a row...that woulda been set and i wouldnt have been sitting on the tv for so long. His style threw me off, no one expects that many sidesteps. He won maybe 10 % of our friendlies. And if he did win...it was on Final D... If he won first...and i won second...i would ask him to complete set...you guys never took a set off of me in friendlies...not one.

And just as you said...i really dont want to sound like an ***...but You beat me twice...I beat you more...what makes you think you can take me just like that? You only played me final D. Sets are not 100% final D. come on man :D

You guys did well...you guys were good....ur styles threw people off. It doesn't matter if you beat roy a lot or not...ur just used to his style cuz you play him alot. Your style didn't throw people off as much as his did. Its like wtf...no one sidesteps that much...

Yet you get my respect...because you guys did well vs many players. You guys played smart...but you can't go and say "so and so didn't deserve his spot...so and so didn't deserve higher". Cuz first of all you don't know their weaknesses/strengths. Second, there are a lot of elements which dictate who gets what place even outside of smash...better brackets/more pressure/people talking ****/ etc etc. Thats the way the game is...if everyone got a bracket with people that were easy...in a silent white room with no distractions, we'd all be getting top 5...it just doesn't work that way. You gotta take what you get and deal with it. I would have rather played someone with higher ranking than roy rather than he...cuz i know after playing so many friendlies...he learned my weaknesses. But i played it...knowing full well he would give me trouble...knowing full well i had people cheering against me, i had so many regrets with that match...so many...but i accept it cuz thats how tournaments are. You live and learn...maybe next time you will learn how to deal with oro's type of samus. And i learned a few things...awkward sidestepping styles need jiggly for wop and grabs. No more than 2 friendlies with any one person unless i play them a lot anyways. No more giving any one person like 40 friendlies before a tournament..

Just like you...i needed to get that off my chest. I love you guys...you guys were cool as hell...and nothing i did was a personal attack...i was angry at myself...not you guys...not at all. You guys were nice as hell to me and i hope i didn't come off as a **** to you guys.

Just accept what you got as I did...hell, you can get angry just as i did too...but learn from it and move on. Go to more tournaments and play better. Guaranteed...come a new texas tournament i go to...roy won't knock me out...promise. But at moast he did...so i go get better...and learn how to deal with the lubbock style. You guys earned my respect. Let's see you do it again. Sorry for the rant...i had a lot on my chest.

Fraley

Smash Rookie
Yeah so this game "Super Smash Bros Melee", I found out there's a little bit more to it than nintendo's cartoonish, kid-friendly creations might lead you to believe. This weekend I was just a Mario wannabe scrub, but over the summer I'm gonna figure out all this L-canceling, short hopping, wave-dashing shtuff on my brother's cube. Whether or not it'll do me any good remains to be seen. I also plan to learn at least a few characters besides Mario, just for grins. I don't actually know any of you very well cept for Fluffy and Rayzorium, but anyway...

Caveman - I have a special place of hate in my heart for guys who just win girls over without even trying, but Fluffy really is a guy so I guess the joke's on you. Congrats on taking 3rd place, even though you may have wanted higher, it seemed like you weren't quite as obsessed with victory as some of the guys there, which is cool.

Ken n Isai - Sure you guys are fast, but it looks to me like you mostly win by spamming short hop combos, knee o death, chain throw etc., especially in the finals (not that just anyone can do that stuff). As for not practicing, any game of smash counts as practice, no matter who you're playing against or what event it's for. Then again like I said I'm a scrub so feel free to ignore me. Fluffy is convinced that you've sold your souls to Satan for Smash power though.

Mr Silver - Definitely cool for a European, I'm still amazed that you actually spent the airfare just to come play in a video game tournament. I guess it's worth it when you're top tier >.>

Scav and the rest of the staff - you guys have organizational powers I can only dream of, tho Silas must be pretty low tier to lose to me =P ...na I'm just kiddin. Tourney organizers get free johns in my book, especially if they've just finished coordinating an event with over 100 players who all have to get their matches in.

Rayzorium - I didn't get to play ya at Starcraft OR Smash, but like you said we can do that any time over the summer.

Fluffy - You seriously need to chill out about this game. Video games are my bread and butter, and it would be pretty sad if I couldn't pick up a fighting game and beat someone who has a broken hand AND a broken controller (not to mention the er, bandage thing. once again, there's something WRONG with you). In my opinion, no johns should only extend so far.

JesusFreak - I fooled you. I am by no means a profound individual. I just start to freak out a bit when Fluffy flirts with guys cause, you know, he's a guy, and it's just kinda weird, particularly since he gives off that feminine impression so convincingly sometimes.

Framerate obsessive computerhead - Yeah I can't for the life of me recall your real or smashboards identity, but you might be onto something. Be sure to let us know if you get that data, it could potentially add a whole new dimension to the high level play.

And finally, the gentleman who gave me an early exit from the 1v1 tourney, Red AKA Tony - All I have to say is... more like GAYnondorf.

sauce

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by cHaNg-sTa
Eh, I wouldn't worry about places after 5th or 7th, and any smasher can have a horrible day. Heck I got tied 64th. Does that mean I'm horrible at smash? It certainly doesn't. Does it mean I have room for improvement? Well yea, but it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Getting 64th, 32nd, 17th, 13th or even 9th would've been the same to me. Winning a few more rounds doesn't mean much til you win the ones at the end.
My sentiments exactly.

I hope i made some people frustrated with YL.

Ken - you gotta work on your social skills, half the time we were talking you just started to ignore me.

Isiah - you are good, should've taken my advice and done 1v1

Controller stealer & and Kish Cubed - You guys made me really depressed right before 1v1, good thing i feel like changsta does about by rank.

Mr. C - Low tier was mine, but you stole it from me. YL should've won that. But good link.

socal Yoshi - That is great, very nice.

Jesi - I wish I could've played you more, your Falco is very good.

Eddie - next time crew with WI, it's closer than CA by an *** load. and we are alot better.

Suggestions - I had a great time down in warm *** Texas and Tru Gamarz is a sweet place, but next time there needs to be more TVs and GC's because I wanted to play some more smash without waiting in a line. And when I finally get to face off against people, I want to get my *** kicked like 3 or 4 times to try different ways to not get devastated.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I have like 10 minutes, so I'll try to do shout outs...

AoB - Your DK is bestial, next time I wont counter pick on Yoshi's Story...that match on DL64 was fun though. Maybe now I'll make my name a Joseph Conrad reference...>.>

Team SoCalTX - Fun crew, we reppin low-tier...wish we could have taken out Chuck Norris, but still, we did good. Hugs, Straight, Lep, Tseste and DarkShark, right? I dunno...

JesusFreak - Sorry I suck so much at Zelda dittos...next time we should do like Zelda vs DK or something...

Lord - **** you, a centimeter closer and I would have landed that kick...ah, well, it's cool.

Team Ben - You guys were awesome, Dkrew is going to try to go to your next tournement. Oro, I hate your Black Samus on FoD. Husband, you're Marth's really good, almost had it in crew...I was rooting for you vs Rob though. Wife, you're Peach is suh-weet, maybe next time we can have a closer Princess throwdown.

Mr Silver - Congrats on getting Mod powers...but **** your crew coaching...I missed out on doing the Zelda dittos, but maybe next time. I <3 your camping Fox ^.^

Mike G - Never got a match in with you, but my Peach learned alot from watching you. See you soon hopefully.

MookieRah - You definately showed me that Zelda v Roy is alot closer than I thought, thanks. Your M2 is pretty good too.

Dkrew - Haha, freeplay for the rest of the month...awesome. You guys put this together...yay! I still have the orange staff jacket if someone needs that back...

If i think of more i'll post them later

Essence

Smash Journeyman
where the **** was THE MAN? texas didnt get to meet THE MAN :(
shiiit i wish i could be back in dallas with everyone, v-town sucks and it was so ****ty leaving everyone :( :( :( :( :( :(

yo robby, v-town can prolly come down to converse this weekend, well, at least me and fletcher, idk if devon and caleb have to work, but if we can come ill call you and we will get it krunk and smoke some crack and worship the devil and kill some babies and lick the top of some frogs and get really high off them and run around naked pulling out our teeth and throwing them at homeless people

Top Bottom