• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
He didn't want our attention on himself directly. He wanted our attention on Toaster.
Then how does this apply to me when all I did was end the pressuring on toast?

I'll accept this point. But this wasn't the basis of my case anyway. I'm focusing on the change in Vinyl's activity after it was commented on, and the fact he lynched someone he claimed he knew was town.
Or the fact that toast was at L-1 and the inactivity from others. Plus, we didn't exactly had enough time as it could've ended the day with a no lynch.

But why would you lynch someone you think is town? Why would you hammer them? That doesn't make any sense.
Look above.

While it's on my mind, I know I saw a post commenting on how Vinyl's hammer was ok since he didn't want a no lynch to happen.
Then is it not okay to you? If so, how?
I already knew this guy was town when he answered yes, and I believed that for now on that day.

And I know that the NK's are a bit iffy for picking out scum, but note that Ori bro just got killed, and the last question he was asked was why he would consider going after Vinyl next.
Note that Ori bro probably wanted to go for you too.
I asked him why he would probably vote you.

BSP

Smash Legend
Then how does this apply to me when all I did was end the pressuring on toast?
It applies to you because I think you wanted more people to vote on Toaster.

Explain to me how you "ended the pressure" on Toaster. I'm looking back at the conversation, and I'm not seeing it.

Or better yet, what was your purpose of asking Toaster those questions during Soup's case on him?

Or the fact that toast was at L-1 and the inactivity from others. Plus, we didn't exactly had enough time as it could've ended the day with a no lynch.

Look above.

Then is it not okay to you? If so, how?
I already knew this guy was town when he answered yes, and I believed that for now on that day.
It's not ok with me because I can't see the reasoning behind your actions.

You claimed that you confirmed Toaster as Town. You 100% believed he was on your side in catching scum.

Then you hammer him. I can't understand why you would do this. If you believe he's town and on your side, you shouldn't care that he's L-1. A townie that wasn't suspicious of him wouldn't have hammered him. What exactly would you gain from hammering him? You were already sure that he was town.

Note that Ori bro probably wanted to go for you too.
I asked him why he would probably vote you.
This is true, and it's a shame that he didn't get a chance to say anything.

But this is the second time that someone who has just said something about suspecting you has been NK'd. It's fishy.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It applies to you because I think you wanted more people to vote on Toaster.

Explain to me how you "ended the pressure" on Toaster. I'm looking back at the conversation, and I'm not seeing it.
I ended the pressure when you started gaining suspicion on me. I wasn't pressured yet anyways.

Or better yet, what was your purpose of asking Toaster those questions during Soup's case on him?
Becuase I'm still not leaving soup alone. The pressuring was just gross, as I've stated before.

It's not ok with me because I can't see the reasoning behind your actions.

You claimed that you confirmed Toaster as Town. You 100% believed he was on your side in catching scum.

Then you hammer him. I can't understand why you would do this. If you believe he's town and on your side, you shouldn't care that he's L-1. A townie that wasn't suspicious of him wouldn't have hammered him. What exactly would you gain from hammering him? You were already sure that he was town.
Oh jeez, I already told you why and you still can't understand?

This is true, and it's a shame that he didn't get a chance to say anything.

But this is the second time that someone who has just said something about suspecting you has been NK'd. It's fishy.
Doesn't matter how many times, she would probably still vote you for a reason, a reason that I can no longer get from him.

And to sum this up, if you're scum, You'd do it. I know can't do it because I ain't scum, I'm town.
If I was scum though, I would've done it too so I could frame you.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Instead of reading, I'm gonna have to predict as of now.

Sold2 hasn't made much posts. He asked and then added in why Ori would vote me or BSP. I'm gonna say town/slight null.

Benji here hasn't done much either other than give out thoughts and maybe even a vote if I recall, I think. Possible scum.

Tyran null/town lean.
Soup unreadable as ****.
BSP potential town.

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
guh scum picks...

im going to try to post a wall tonight on who i think. im gonna have to go through everybody's posts to see if anything changes but right now my pick is vinyl. but that may change. will try to post more. i will have to look into who hammered the most because i had town reads on Ton and Toaster (even though i voted him. i explained that before.) hopefully i can sort my thoughts out. other reads are tyranitar and ragnarok but that just means im gonna look into them. if i find hard evidence i will post it but im not really focused on them.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I would say Ori. I gave out a reason last day and I'm still waiting for this dude to respond, in which, he should be doing that today.
Just saying, this post removed almost all doubt about Vinyl from my mind. There's always a chance that he did that on purpose, but it looks to be what Soup called it: a dumb town tell.

Now, I'm wondering why a scum player wouldn't take out an IC, especially Soup. Soup claims to have everything planned out, and if I were a scum player, I'd find that rather intimidating. We don't know how many scum players there are, but with 4 townies down already, we don't have room for error. And I'm just trying to get into the head of scum, and that's what I came up with.

Soup, would you be so kind as to share at least some of what you have planned? It would help ease my worries.

And S2, post more, ya butt.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Waiting for more players to contribute, I promise I won't leave out in the dark that long.

BSP

Smash Legend
How about you just post now so we can discuss before we get close to the deadline

:phone:

#HBC | ѕoup

There is plenty. to comment on. We just had two members flip town, we are in a possible mylo situation if three scum are present, I don't want to go too deep into this but either we produce content soon or i'm forcing a mass-claim.

BSP

Smash Legend
Soup, you're aware that we're in a possible mylo situation, so what are you waiting on with your reads?

I guess I'm the only one who sees Vinyl's behavior as suspicious. I guess I should start looking into other things. Give me a bit.

#HBC | ѕoup

Alright, we're mass-claiming. Badwolf didn't respond at all.

My order:
Vinyl.
Badwolf
Sold2
Benji
Ttar
BSP

#HBC | ѕoup

Gets information out and forces people to do things, the claims itself are not important but getting possible information is.

BSP

Smash Legend
Vinyl isn't looking very scummy to me. Hammering Toaster even after stating that Toaster was town was a questionable move, but none of us wanted a no-kill (though for the record, I would've hopped in and hammered Toaster, if he was still at L-1 and the time limit was almost up). So basically, it's what any conscious townie would've done in that situation.
The difference is that you didn't confirm Toaster as town.

Just saying, this post removed almost all doubt about Vinyl from my mind. There's always a chance that he did that on purpose, but it looks to be what Soup called it: a dumb town tell.
I do not understand how you guys figure this.

Wait Soup, you've already claimed that you have information you're holding back. Why don't you give it to us first before we do this mass claim?

BSP

Smash Legend
Well there isn't much to comment on right now... Some content needs to be generated.
I disagree with this. We've had both of the people that followed my lynch wagon flip town. And we've got loads of posts to analyze from those events. I think I could make another case, but I doubt anyone is going to follow me because no one is really contributing to my case on Vinyl.

I don't like that you're saying this on D3.

#HBC | ѕoup

It is however relevant to my reads, so it would be appreciated and it would be useful in this situation, 2 days have spanned and nobody wants to do anything, I did not sign up to give you all the answers to force the most content.

BSP

Smash Legend
Ok, so we're not moving. Let me try to fix that. Call this reaching or whatever, but I want some answers, because if we don't get any soon, Town is going to lose. We're possibly going into mylo.

Soup:

I don't trust you at this point. Call me paranoid, but I think you've been steering us in the wrong direction for quite a while. I'm getting this from how the Toaster and Ton cases happened, and what you're doing right now.

When Toaster sheeped your vote on me really quickly, this presented you with a reason to drill him hard with all of the justification you needed to get him lynched if you were scum. I can't really call you out for this case because logically, it made sense: Toaster sheeped, didn't defend himself well, and seemed like scum. I can't really look at you as scum for this case alone because anyone could've done what you did with the same justification, and it would have worked.

However, I can look at your next one. I don't understand why you suggested looking at the people who were on the Toast wagon and their reasoning. (here. )

Anyone could have made a case on Toaster and justified it. Toaster made himself an easy lynch target. Wouldn't looking at the people who jumped on Toaster's case (pretty much everybody since he got lynched) be a waste of time? One of your last points against Ton was that he voted on Toastin. Who wouldn't have voted on Toastin at that point?

You keep mentioning that it's not your job to give us all of the answers. But you gave us significant pushes and reasoning in the 2 cases that both flipped town. I find that odd.

And that brings me to what you're doing now. Now that the two easy cases are gone, you're withholding information from us and going a bit slower.

BSP

Smash Legend
If you have somewhere 25 posts or less in this thread, I don't trust you either. Maybe you've just been sitting back while we're going on wild goose chases? You'd start posting more if you don't want town to lose because that's where we're headed.

#HBC | ѕoup

BSP said:
I don't trust you at this point. Call me paranoid, but I think you've been steering us in the wrong direction for quite a while. I'm getting this from how the Toaster and Ton cases happened, and what you're doing right now.
You mean the only player besides you to put effort into substantiating and defining a read? I claimed to have made those cases but I did not claim that everyone should follow me, they did it willingly. I admit I played people to get them to hammer but that was only due to the fact the game was highly stagnating and I wanted to move on.

When Toaster sheeped your vote on me really quickly, this presented you with a reason to drill him hard with all of the justification you needed to get him lynched if you were scum. I can't really call you out for this case because logically, it made sense: Toaster sheeped, didn't defend himself well, and seemed like scum. I can't really look at you as scum for this case alone because anyone could've done what you did with the same justification, and it would have worked
Alright.

However, I can look at your next one. I don't understand why you suggested looking at the people who were on the Toast wagon and their reasoning. (here. )
Here is the tonberry wagon.

tonberry (5) Soup, Vinyl, Ori, Badwolf, Tyranitar
Here is the toastin wagon.

ToasterBrains (6) benjy, Soup, Sold, Ori, PJB, Vinyl
Anyone could have made a case on Toaster and justified it. Toaster made himself an easy lynch target. Wouldn't looking at the people who jumped on Toaster's case (pretty much everybody since he got lynched) be a waste of time? One of your last points against Ton was that he voted on Toastin. Who wouldn't have voted on Toastin at that point?
Which do you feel was easier for scum to hop on and not give reasoning to? Which wagon bothers you more? The one yesterday? Or the one the day before?

You keep mentioning that it's not your job to give us all of the answers. But you gave us significant pushes and reasoning in the 2 cases that both flipped town. I find that odd.
I don't claim perfection, I play the game and lynch people who I think are scum, If i'm wrong then i'm wrong.

And that brings me to what you're doing now. Now that the two easy cases are gone, you're withholding information from us and going a bit slower.
Consider the situation. Consider why i'm pushing activity here. We are a day away from mylo and the game has been ignored for two days.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Been playing MW3 dead at night. I guess I suck with riot shield after all. :/

So since we're on mass claim, I'll go first.

I'm Derpy Hooves, Vanilla Townie.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
You guys practically quick hammered yesterday before I can get a word in. I'm not in disagreement with the lynch choice, but the wagon was dirty.

Vinyl, massclaim is seriously just going to result in outting our Town PRs. The mafia are going to claim vanillas unless they want to play some stupid gambit. The PRs should know the appropriate time to out themselves, we don't need to force it.
I'm holding my cards a bit longer BSP. I gotta look at the game again considering everyone that has flipped.
I'll go ahead and show a peak sneak of mine. I'm looking at you. Followed by Vinyl.

But first and foremost you.
Vote: Soup

We're in ****city and you seem like you're really confident about something or another. What's this genius fallback plan of yours and why are you so confident in this. I'm of the opinion that you've been putting on a show of false confidence for the newbies. You keep saying things like this like you have everything under control, like you're THE guy to follow, in a group of people eager to follow somebody. An easy way to fill out a scum-agenda. Show me your cards before I drop all of mine.

BSP

Smash Legend
You mean the only player besides you to put effort into substantiating and defining a read? I claimed to have made those cases but I did not claim that everyone should follow me, they did it willingly. I admit I played people to get them to hammer but that was only due to the fact the game was highly stagnating and I wanted to move on.
Joker was also going into reads before he got NK'd.

As for everything after the first sentence, it makes sense, but I still think that overall, it's suspicious.

Which do you feel was easier for scum to hop on and not give reasoning to? Which wagon bothers you more? The one yesterday? Or the one the day before?
I think they were both easy to hop on to with not much reasoning. After you gave your cases, there wasn't really much to disagree with. Ton made the same mistake Toast did, so people could jump on just as easily.

I am bothered that the Ton lynch went through because I wanted to look into Vinyl. No one paid it much mind.

I don't claim perfection, I play the game and lynch people who I think are scum, If i'm wrong then i'm wrong.

Consider the situation. Consider why i'm pushing activity here. We are a day away from mylo and the game has been ignored for two days.
Ok, but I'm not sure you care much about the situation right now. As you said, we're a day from mylo and you're waiting for others to post things. I'm right here to discuss things with you, so idk what the holdup is.

I want some of your reads too.

BSP

Smash Legend
7 alive
mislynch
6 alive
NK
5 alive

Yeah, we still have a ML if it's only two scum like i'm predicting.
What if it's a team of 3? We started with 11, so 3 v 8 isn't out of the question.

So actually, if we mislynched and it's a team of 3, town loses.

Did you consider this possibility?

#HBC | ѕoup

But first and foremost you.

We're in ****city and you seem like you're really confident about something or another. What's this genius fallback plan of yours and why are you so confident in this. I'm of the opinion that you've been putting on a show of false confidence for the newbies. You keep saying things like this like you have everything under control, like you're THE guy to follow, in a group of people eager to follow somebody. An easy way to fill out a scum-agenda. Show me your cards before I drop all of mine.
It's not a fallback plan, but congratulations for coming in to vote me.

Ok, but I'm not sure you care much about the situation right now. As you said, we're a day from mylo and you're waiting for others to post things. I'm right here to discuss things with you, so idk what the holdup is.

I want some of your reads too.
You're town.
Vinyl is town.
Ttar is town.
Benji leans town.

Sold2/Badwolf are scum. One I have incriminating evidence on that can confirm it. I didn't want to do this but I'm forced to play my hand here.

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm gonna need some evidence before I just believe this.

And I'd like an answer to the possibility of 3 scum

#HBC | ѕoup

It's just setup speculation, it's not worth anything.

Sorry, this is as far as I go until they respond sufficiently.

BSP

Smash Legend
Respond to what? You just claimed they are scum without giving anything out.

god this is frustrating. Between the inactivity and who's died so far, I don't even know who to believe, and I doubt I'll even be able to get enough support for any lynches either.

Top Bottom