• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLP: Friendship is Mafia: Background Ponies Unite - Ovah!

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Vinyl isn't looking very scummy to me. Hammering Toaster even after stating that Toaster was town was a questionable move, but none of us wanted a no-kill (though for the record, I would've hopped in and hammered Toaster, if he was still at L-1 and the time limit was almost up). So basically, it's what any conscious townie would've done in that situation.

Ton, come on man, don't leave us hanging!

/waitingforTonberry

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Vote Count 2-2-1

Ori_Bro (0)
BadWolf28738 (0)
Tyranitarphantom (0)
BSP (0)
tonberry (3) Soup, Vinyl, Ori
mightbebenjamin (0)
Vinyl. (1) BSP
Soup (0)
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (5) Badwolf, Tyranitar, ton, benjy, Sold

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! Deadline: 8/10 6:50pm CT.

Note: If I don't get a replacement withing 24 hours, tonberry will be modkilled.​

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
This day is a stand still, and I believe a wise marshy once said

why are we in still in dayphase all i wanna do is lynch mo****as
hbc

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
You know that one part where I was gonna make a case on ton?

Well, soup already stole it and i think everyone is well aware of what ton has done. ._.

Do you still want me to make a case on Tom?

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
This is unproductive.

Am I gonna have to drop the hammer?

I guess I am

Vote: Tonberry

lets just get this over with. He probably wasn't going to change our minds anyways

I'm gonna be really pissed if he's not scum

mightbebenjamin

Smash Rookie
sorry for the lack of posting. my internet is having issues and is going out for days at a time. until i can fix it (should be soon) i may be absent for some extended periods. if i feel that i cant play the game due to too little time connected, i will let all of you know through badwolf since i know him in real life and will shoot him a text. hopefully it wont come to that.

oh to the reads!

Toasterbrains - i kinda thought he might be town. i random voted him just because and when he got pressured he went afk. i think he just figured had messed up and it wasnt worth digging his way out of a hole so he quit by letting us kill him. i wanted to change my vote but he never gave me another reason to not suspect him so i didnt change my vote.

as for today i wanna see more response from mr tonberry because you all are seeing fault where i dont in him and i would like to see how he responds. as for mr vinyl i think that you could be too because i think your gamestyle does not change much from when you are mafie to when you are town so since you are good enough i wanna see how you play this. you are very good at this game so i would really like some proof that you are townie.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Vote Count 2-3

Ori_Bro (0)
BadWolf28738 (0)
Tyranitarphantom (0)
BSP (0)
tonberry (5) Soup, Vinyl, Ori, Badwolf, Tyranitar
mightbebenjamin (0)
Vinyl. (1) BSP
Soup (0)
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (3) ton, benjy, Sold

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch! Deadline: 8/10 6:50pm CT.

A lynch has been reached! Flip incoming.​

#HBC | ѕoup

I've got a plan if Ton flips town. Hell, I've got a plan if he flips scum. I just really wanted this to happen so we could move on.

Axel

J|Zεη
The day went on much like the day before. The ponies accused each other over who could be the culprit. Although there seemed to be much less arguing as there was the day before. Most of the ponies seemed to agree that one pony had to be behind it. She hadn't participated in the arguments much. She just stood in the corner playing music. Quite beautifully, a pony might add. She didn't speak to the other ponies. She was much too exquisite to deal with such disorderly conduct. As ponies accused her left and right, she stood saying nothing. She merely continued to play her music, thinking to herself: Do these ponies REALLY think I am behind such gruesome manners? Pah.

The other ponies charged at her in a mob-like fashion just as they had done to Bon Bon the previous day. Once again, that had made a terrible mistake...

tonberry, Octavia, Town Vanilla, has been lynched!

Night 2 Begins! Deadline 8/7 9pm CT. Send in actions sooner to begin the day sooner!

Axel

J|Zεη
The ponies awake to find...wait who the heck was this pony? Talk about being in the background.

Ori_Bro, Highstyle, Town Vanilla, has been killed during the night!

Day 3 Begins!

Vote Count 3-1

BadWolf28738 (0)
Tyranitarphantom (0)
BSP (0)
mightbebenjamin (0)
Vinyl. (0)
Soup (0)
Sold2 (0)

Not Voting (7) Badwolf, Tyranitar, BSP, benjy, Vinyl, Soup, Sold

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch! Deadline: 8/14 11:59pm CT.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Guys, I want to think real hard on who you think is scum right now and come out with it on why you think so.

I do not care if it's me, just give it out and let the person you suspect respond.

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm thinking it's time for massclaim, let me check the numbers real quick.

#HBC | ѕoup

7 alive
mislynch
6 alive
NK
5 alive

Yeah, we still have a ML if it's only two scum like i'm predicting.

#HBC | ѕoup

BSP, How confident are you that Vinyl. is still scum?

BSP

Smash Legend
Still confident. Give me a bit to run through the posts from my last wall.

#HBC | ѕoup

Vinyl, but of your prospects have flipped town (along with mine), where is your head at the moment?

#HBC | ѕoup

Lessening the pool is not something that is bad, I lynched both my scum-reads knowing the consequences, either I was right in the first place or I was wrong and got to look at other subjects.

I want you to do the same. Tell me who you think is scum.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I would say Ori. I gave out a reason last day and I'm still waiting for this dude to respond, in which, he should be doing that today.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't even know how you can't be aware that Ori died.

@BSP, I feel you a bit, but could you give me another prospect besides Vinyl.? Who is his partner?

BSP

Smash Legend
I don't know, and I'm not going to look into right at this moment. There's a lot of stuff I need to look at, and I'm going to take my time with it.

Why don't you give me what you're thinking soup?

#HBC | ѕoup

I'm holding my cards a bit longer BSP. I gotta look at the game again considering everyone that has flipped.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm currently brainstorming right now.

A NKiller killed Ori.
I asked him why he would vote BSP before since I was wondering about that.
I would've already expected why Ori would vote me as he has stated that before.
Sold2 added in why he would vote BSP and vinyl.

It would be that, in my opinion:
BSP might have killed Ori to kill the suspicion off of him.
Or someone randomly decid to kill him,

But the thing is:
I was on part of that reason, as sold 2 added that in.

Thoughts?

#HBC | ѕoup

Going to bed. Hopefully everyone responds well enough by the time I wake up.

@Vinyl. I will get to that response tommorow.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
ACTIVITY STATUS:

BadWolf28738 - Fair Activity
Tyranitarphantom - Less activity
BSP - Fair activity
mightbebenjamin - bare activity
Vinyl. - Fair activity
Soup - Fair Activity
Sold2 - Less/Bare Activity

BSP

Smash Legend
Low activity isn't a read. I'll accept jumping by the slimmest of margins.

Again, activity isn't a good read. Don't rely on it.
So you aren't even a little suspicious about how jumpy he's gotten? Am I alone in this observation?

Bold: Are you getting on him for a loaded question?
Yes, I'm getting on him for that loaded question in that context. I don't understand what those questions were supposed to accomplish. Basing a read off of the answer to "Are you Town"?

No one is a little suspicious about that? Who wouldn't say "I'm town" to that?

Underline: Why do you think that scum wants our attention? Isn't that kinda detrimental?
He didn't want our attention on himself directly. He wanted our attention on Toaster.

Wait, so you don't know what he meant, but you know it's scummy? What?
I said it didn't help his case in my eyes. That doesn't mean I think it makes him more scummy, it just didn't do anything to change my mind towards a town read for him.

Are you calling him out on skimming?
No, I don't know if he's skimming or not, but information is good for the town. Why would a townie discourage walls if they give the most information?

NK's are generally a bad thing to get reads off of. Any decent scum player can frame someone using the NK.
I'll accept this point. But this wasn't the basis of my case anyway. I'm focusing on the change in Vinyl's activity after it was commented on, and the fact he lynched someone he claimed he knew was town.

He said that he was OK with a Toaster lynch, but would rather have a Ton lynch that day.
But why would you lynch someone you think is town? Why would you hammer them? That doesn't make any sense.

While it's on my mind, I know I saw a post commenting on how Vinyl's hammer was ok since he didn't want a no lynch to happen.

I'm not buying this because I said that I would hammer toaster if no one else did by the time the deadline approached.

Vinyl's reasoning in his hammering post was that he didn't want a no lynch to happen.

Again, if he thought Toaster was town, he wanted him to be saved for the next day, and I said I would hammer him if no one else did, doesn't that seem a little suspicious?

And I know that the NK's are a bit iffy for picking out scum, but note that Ori bro just got killed, and the last question he was asked was why he would consider going after Vinyl next.

And he never answered any of my questions directly either, even after you, Badwolf, said you thought it was a decent case in general.

Top Bottom