• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG NYC '06 - April 22-23 -SIGN RELEASE FORM! EVERYONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Umm... I'm not sure on some people's MLG screen names but I'm gonna do the best I can here. Tink and Maverick, I see neither of your screen names on the registration forms that I've got. I believe online registration should be closed, but you might want to try again. Otherwise, I will hold spots for the two of you until 9am on Saturday. But if you don't show up by then the spots are open again.

I have 53 online registrations, meaning that there are 75 spots open for at-the-door registrations. I can't even count how many times the line was 75 people long before 9am on a Saturday, so make sure you get there early. Registration will END at 9:30am. If you are not in the line by then you will not be entering the tournament, even if we don't fill all the spots.

VERY IMPORTANT

Even if you registered online, you still MUST check-in with Jv3x3 at the registration tablein the morning and verify that you are there. Failure to do so will result in you not being placed into the tournament. So to repeat you still have to check in with the judges even if you registered online. Don't screw that up.

Also, I don't take credit cards... cash only for door registrations.

EDIT: Here's the Pro registration information that I have so far:

1 - Ken - REGISTERED
2 - Chu Dat
3 - Isai - REGISTERED
4 - Azen - REGISTERED
5 - Husband - REGISTERED
6 - PC Chris - REGIGSTERED
7 - KillaOR - REGIGSTERED
8 - NEO - REGIGSTERED
9 - Oro - REGISTERED
10 - Rob$ - REGIGSTERED
11 - Eddie - REGISTERED
12 - Darkrain
13 - DieSuperFly
14 - Caveman - REGIGSTERED
15 - Chillin - REGIGSTERED
16 - KrazyJones

Chu Dat, Darkrain, DSF and KrazyJones have not contacted me yet. Someone better call Chu and tell him to send me an email.

DW!L

Smash Cadet
Long Story Short:
I plan to go to NY several months ago... trip with school. I find out there's a tournament this weekend. I leave for NY tonight. I can't go to MLG *because* school owns us the entire time we're there. The only me time I have is at the hotel, and even then, we're not allowed to leave. I'm going to be in NY during MLG and I won't get to smash.

If ANYONE just happens to be near the Roosevelt hotel late Friday night or Saturday night, please let me know-- PM me, AIM is DanLoveULongTime, e-mail is dwil.88@gmail.com. All I really want is a chance to play my Yoshi against real people. I'll even MM even if I know I'm very likely to lose it.

Haha, desperate much? Yes. Yes I am.

**Edite** ... Sat. night is looking wide open right now. Question: even though I'm not participating in the tournament, can I be let in the site?-- will there still be friendlies going on during the Sat night amateurs bracket?

ky

Smash Ace
if your gonna be in the ameture event and you registered online how do you check to see if your on the registered list

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Imporant!!!!!!!!!

Listen up everyone, if you under 18 you need to have a media release form (because of the USA TV Coverage) signed by your parents as well as your parental release form. Here are the links.

http://www.mlgpro.com/mlgevents/files/2006MLGRelease.pdf

http://www.mlgpro.com/MLG_Minor_Consent.pdf

So if you are traveling in and are under 18 MAKE SURE TO HAVE THESE FORMS SIGNED before you leave to go to the venue. If you are over 18 you will also have to sign the media release form so either do it now and bring it in, or we will have them at the door (but i gotta think there will be somewhat of a line to get in waiting for people to sign these things... so if you do it now and bring it, you will be able to walk right in. Like a VIP)

P.S. Boi, best i can think of is try using a different browser. IE Interent explorer if you are using firefox and vica versa.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
hmmm....wasnt maverick and jonny sposed to stay with me for this event? oh well guess it wont be happenin anymore.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Whenever I click on that form that I need to sign for MLG, it shows a blank page.......that's strange. Anyone else got that problem?

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Koreandj111 said:
Whenever I click on that form that I need to sign for MLG, it shows a blank page.......that's strange. Anyone else got that problem?
Hmmm... the link works when i try it. Well if you cant get it, just go to mlgpro.com and its right there on the home page. Right under mlg news in the middle of the page in pink.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Well I'm having no luck with the site like everyone else here. Perhaps the registration can be open to more people? I can't see any flaw in allowing more people. More people=more money and more competition! But I plan on getting there around 8 AM to be on the safe side =[

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
http://www.mlgpro.com/mlgevents/files/2006MLGRelease.pdf

Everyone needs to download that form and have their parents sign it for them before they come. If you are over 18 you can sign it yourself in the venue, but minors under the age of 18 without a release form will not be allowed to participate. Again, don't test me on this one.

Vidjo, I know you're like 13 now but you're still too young to sign this yourself. Have your mommy sign it please.

If the website says there's nothing to be purchased, it means preregistration has ended and you'll have to sign up at the door. Arrive early, get into line and have your cash in hand and you probably won't have a problem, but I do expect this tournament to fill up and I will be turning people away if we exceed 128 participants. So don't screw around. Don't stay up all night in the hotel the night before and then roll into the venue at 9:46 and expect me to let you play.

New York guys... looking at you. especially if you are housing people, don't stay up all night. Do that after the tournament. The night before get some sleepies and make sure everyone gets up early and heads to the venue together. "We got lost." Johns won't cut it.

I will not let you into the tournament if you are late. Period.

I'm so serious it's like your mom has cancer.

Don't be late.

Don't be late.

Don't be late.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Is there anybody living in or passing through northwestern MA who I could hitch a ride with on Friday night? I wouldn't need a ride back, and I'd be more than happy to reimburse.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
The PDF file of the consent form seems to be a broken link....every time I click on it on MLGPro.com or copy and paste the address, I just run into a completely blank page. Do you guys know what I'm talking about?

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
My bro gabe is coming with me from california. Unfortunately I did not have enough money to register for him and he did not have his bank card in time.

TINK, since he's teamin with u, could you ask JV3 to kinda reserve a spot like he is for you. I'll make sure his *** is at the venue by 8 am.

Or at least save a spot for him in the line, anyone who says "no cuts no butts no coconuts" is a douchebag. If someone says that, go ahead and give him a dropkick to the testes. I say to use a dropkick because it is one of the manliest fighting moves you can do.

Pour some stank on that ****.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, thats cool hugs. if need be, ill pay for his entry stuff, and he acn just pay me back :D.

aho43

Smash Lord
Team Arlington will be bringing:

Aho, KM, Kirbstir, G-regulate, Fonz, Chinesah, Kaiser-GL, Fleur de lis, Meep, Tope, and The Cape.

Most of everyone above has not pre-registered, and it seems the website isnt allowing registration right now anyways. We'll be there asap in the morning at 8am to get them registered, could someone JV3x3, Bach, or M3D, make sure that they have a spot in the tournament? It'd be a shame to travel up to NY/NJ after booking a hotel etc. and finding out that we came all the way for naught and that some people can't enter, that'd be a total bummer. If someone could do that for me I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
ZoSo said:
Is there anybody living in or passing through northwestern MA who I could hitch a ride with on Friday night? I wouldn't need a ride back, and I'd be more than happy to reimburse.
Come on. Anybody? >_>

Bailey

Smash Hero
So Me and 1-2 Friends are gonna be there at 7:30. We will not take 8:00am. "If you are on time, you are late. If your 30 min early, you are on time."
-Coach Alessindrino

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Tink and everyone else we should probably go to bed at a decent hour since we need to wake up so early. Can't wait to see everyone though!

Edit-The Cape is in Team Arlington? Just curious.

ChuDat

Smash Master
BACH I FRIKIN <33333333333333333333 U MANGZ !!!!

I had no idea, since i never check this thread. But since bach called me up, YAYUHHHHZZZZ !!!!!

Im coming

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, seriously. Ditto to Aho. Preregistering is closed, so what do we do besides fight to get there early? .__. Can't the people posting here saying they're coming get a spot saved?

ChuDat

Smash Master
Can someone E-mail M3D for me and tell him that im coming and to register me ?

I don't have the time to find his e-mail adress since i need to get outta VA and into Philly very soon.

This iz just for insurance, since i AINT tryna play in the amatuer event x_X.

Thx

Mav

Furries For The Win
I'll be staying in Montclair NJ and I think that's like 20 min or so from Sacacus. So I should be there way before the time limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom