• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG has failed.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lozl ty for the quote, but yeah they have fallen, throwing out the smash series from the circuit completely=/. but in their defense they have a LOT of other games that they have to deal with. cod4, rainbow six vegas, gears of war, shadowrun, halo 3
The only way is all the way. There's no reason that anyone, especially a company like MLG that is hosting a contest that is backed by a corporate sponsor, should half-*** it like this.

They wanted to dip their toes in the smash community, and they did a piss poor job of it. They basically looked at us, told us they had a contest, then spit on us.

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
It's that that we feel like DBR should win, it's that they picked the ****ing lamest entries for their top 5.

Well you should all vote on the open contest and show that to the whole community. Then next time they will know. At the same time, if an MLG top 5 wins the open event you guys will be truly owned. so make sure to vote there guys.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
MLG does not suck, stop b1tching everyone. Yeah, no douby yours was superb and it certainly deserved to be there, just deal with it. I do think yours deserved top 5 for sure (the only one on par with your's was Oryan's which was pretty badass if I might say so myself).

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
It seems that MLG has really grown out of touch with the Smash community. The videos selected were simply terrible. Only videos with high view counts or flashy editing were chosen.

Brawl - Snake Combo Video

This was woefully unimpressive. Neither the gameplay nor the editing was anything special. Only reason I could think that this video was chosen was because it had more views than any other.

OryaN`s Highlight Reel (SSBB)

It's funny how the best video is from someone who's only been playing Brawl for 1 month and has no previous experience with any other smash game, or fighting game in general. This combined some good gameplay with the best editing I've seen so far.

"All in a Day`s Work" ComboVideos

I actually liked this vid, but seems most people seemed to overlook it.

The Footstool Archive v2

This has to be a joke. A video of nothing but footstools gets nominated in a contest based on skill?

Shake `n Bake M1

Sloppy gameplay covered up by excessive editing.

SunriseW12

Smash Apprentice
Guys, cmon. We all know that MLG only caters to REAL gamers, not this bull**** kidtendo nonsense. Of course, any game with mario in it is completely kiddie and has no potential at all. Now if you excuse me, I am off to go in my mom's minivan with my other 6th grade friends to a halo 3 tournament. That's a MAN'S game.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Take away the effing ******** flashing in the beginning of DBR's video and I'll love it to death.

DragonRider-ofSmashBros

Smash Apprentice
Grinnell, IA...... or something like that
wow..... I couldnt even finish Graywolfs..... first of all, most of the kills were against someone who sucked more than he did... and the kill was usually a missed shot, then landing on a mine... plus the crap quality. I didn't even want to look at the toadstool one.... yours was awesome though. many well executed combos, even with someone as slow as DDD. Bravo *claps* Ill go vote for you

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I did like OPs video.

But, keep in mind it is subjective. They may have seen something in those 5 videos that they didn't see inn your. Also, remember they've seen a lot, so they'll be mixed up.

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
the link to your vid doesnt work btw i think "OryaN`s Highlight Reel (SSBB)" or "DBR from sidefx28" should win

L ryusaki

Smash Apprentice
Wow that is so gay it's ********. Side note: Overswarm has gotten a billion times better since the last vid I saw.
i agree with redpeppers
I think the MLG vids were dumb but that is my opinion and alot of other peoples aparently but i am gonna put some videos on youtube with me beating the heck out of wario
I liked your video tho

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So the guy that made the Shake and Bake video? He's really bad. I 3 stocked him a minute and thirty seconds, then 50 seconds, and then in a minute with ROB. I also went through half the roster and beat him every game save for one with my DK.

It makes me pretty irritated to know he was that bad to begin with, and MLG looks at his video and says "he must be good". -_-;;

Oryan. PM me your friend code, you're next. -_-;;

DSM01

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with you. The whole thing seems like a good idea, but it turned out to be a big letdown. I don't think any of the vids mentioned or selcted deserves $1000. None of them were really that impressive, but I will say that a minute and a half doesn't leave much room for error. Either way, even the best ones had only a handful of combos at best, and most of them were just two cool moves strung together or a basic edgeguard. I'm not saying all of them were atrocious, but they were well below my expectations.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
I think it is a toss-up between you, Diddy Kong King, and Ryan.
Why 2 of the 3 are not even in the Top 5 when they are clearly the Top 3, I don't know.

Browny

Smash Hater
^ yep (2nd post above mine)

your vid was better than the others, but that doesnt mean anything. its thier comp, thier rules, thier judgement. they have no responsibility to cater for you and what you think constitutes a good video.

sidefx

Smash Champion
thats the thing though, i dont even think they know what a good video is. cause 4/5 of those videos that were selected were featured videos that were up on the front page of MLGpro.com for a good week, gaining view's and ratings. and i think when it came down to choosing, they just took some random videos, including the ones with the highest view count, and called it a day.

i could care less if you think im whining about my own video.. the whole point of this thread was to show that mlg picked some of the worst videos that were created (even a joke video that the creator even said he created as a joke) over plenty of other videos that SHOULD have been acknowledged, and werent. thats the part im bitter about.. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that a ANY other video would be a better pick over the footstool archive video.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
thats the thing though, i dont even think they know what a good video is. cause 4/5 of those videos that were selected were featured videos that were up on the front page of MLGpro.com for a good week, gaining view's and ratings. and i think when it came down to choosing, they just took some random videos, including the ones with the highest view count, and called it a day.

i could care less if you think im whining about my own video.. the whole point of this thread was to show that mlg picked some of the worst videos that were created (even a joke video that the creator even said he created as a joke) over plenty of other videos that SHOULD have been acknowledged, and werent. thats the part im bitter about.. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see that a ANY other video would be a better pick over the footstool archive video.
The guy that made the foostool video made a really good Pit video... I'm thinking everyone should vote for the footstool video just because we know he can actually make something worthwhile. Much better than Oryan's flash winning.

Top Bottom