• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Kaffei

Smash Hero
found one in a torrent

EDIT: -_- it doesn't record on screen stuff unless it's like a game

Player-4

See you in 25 years
It's a **** load to read. I don't really know anyone who wants to write up such an extensive guide. Besides that, do you really think it's needed? I mean the MK guide could look "nicer" with some pictures and fluff but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Edit:

After more reading I realize it is pretty outdated lol. I'd could get to work on one, but I'll need a lot of insight and help if anyone is up to it.

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
The Pika guide wasn't written by just one person, the entire Pika community pitched in as a whole to create it.

I feel the Pika guide has a lot more depth. I recently picked up Pika as a secondary, that guide helped me out a lot. I don't remember the MK guide being as helpful...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
P4 said:
It's a **** load to read. I don't really know anyone who wants to write up such an extensive guide. Besides that, do you really think it's needed? I mean the MK guide could look "nicer" with some pictures and fluff but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Edit:

After more reading I realize it is pretty outdated lol. I'd could get to work on one, but I'll need a lot of insight and help if anyone is up to it.
I would be GLAD to help. We could go over it, see if any information is obsolete, & refurnish it with pictures & more organization :D

..If you're up for it, that is.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Sure Kaffei, I'm down. I'll take care of pictures :). Mostly what we need to do is just take PEEF's stuff and give him credit for it lol, then we'll just update most of it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'll help with Jab compilation:
Jab sucks. Just do not use it, EVER.

EDIT: srsly, I could help, too

EDIT 2: yay!! 500th post! =D

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'll help with Jab compilation:
Jab sucks. Just do not use it, EVER.
You can use it to edge guard very bad players. =)

Also in double MK team 2v1 you can trap a player inside a double jab spam. It's SDIable, but really hard to SDI out of

@P4: Well for the move pictures I was thinking we could just take the pictures in the MK hitbubble thread & use those
I have a whole file filled with MK pictures. You can take a look and see if you wanna use any of them. If not it doesn't matter

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You can use it to edge guard very bad players. =)

Also in double MK team 2v1 you can trap a player inside a double jab spam. It's SDIable, but really hard to SDI out of

@P4: Yeah I was talking about the move pictures

I have a whole file filled with MK pictures. You can take a look and see if you wanna use any of them. If not idc haha
Lol okay, get on Aim and show me :3

I like the style of pictures that the Pika boards used, so that's what I wanna go for.

Actually, it can be pretty useful against Olimar...
I find Nair and Fair are better for getting and keeping his little weeds off. Jab leaves you in enough commitment to get you grabbed.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
what's your AIM tag again?

edit: now that I look at them they don't look that good IMO lol. You can still look at em if you like

Kaffei

Smash Hero
There's one thing I wanted to note about retreating F-Airs. I don't know if everyone knows this universally already, but there are two types of retreating F-Airs. (Any character can do this iirc so I don't really know if calling it an AT is appropriate, but whatever.)

The first type is just simply holding back whenever you're in the air while in the F-Air animation, then repeating it so you move back while doing F-Airs.

The second type looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s99g9ysehSY Starts at 1:48
What you're doing is walking away, while quickly turning around & F-Airing at the same time. I think this is a safer retreating fair because you're moving farther back at a faster rate.

Top Bottom