• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Thread - MSU Monthlies!

Winnar

Smash Lord
I can. After 5 you'll have the most luck, but I'm not sure how much homework Jeff and/or I might have. I'll let you know what it's looking like as we get closer.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
yeah; like i said i don't even know if i'll be off that day or not.

btw; how far in starkville do you live? <_< i've never really drove around starkville so i don't know anything about it... i'm not even 100% sure on how to get there *prtty sure it's just a straight shot w/ follow the signs >_>*

edit: also; if you don't mind email me/pm me your cell phone number if you got one; that way be a bit easier to sta in touch. casue it seems right now we got conflicting schedules <__< you go to school in mornings, iwork nights... i got unlimited text/call so unless it costs you something i don't mind..

j00t

Smash Champion
Sup MS, was going to post a reminder about FAP2 but I see Winnar already has that covered in the first post. :)

Come FAP with me~

EDIT: Here's the link

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
so.. i bought a new copy of this game >_> well its not a "new" copy; but it's supposed to be in good condition.

so hopefully i'll be findin time to travel up to starkville and play some melee.

j00t

Smash Champion
I ****ing hate physics for its difficulty, but I enjoy it for... well... making sense out of the world. LOL

Sangaera

Smash Rookie
Oh gawd, physics.

Took it in 11th grade and got the stuff HAMMERED into my head.

Now whenever I hear a police/ambulance siren, I don't think "Oh, someone's getting arrested / someone got hurt" like everyone else does. I go: "Hey! Doppler effect!"

:'(

Also Winnar, Calvo wants us to do a money match, loooool.

Metro Knight and his brother have been so unbelievably busy this semester that I haven't seen them once. Not sure about how we'd go about setting up a formal gathering this time around. =[

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
blah; hey; after march rolls around i'll be able to take a vacaton week; if nothing else i'll come up there a day or two out of it.

the disc works and stuff; i've been playin stadium; >_> still kinda bored; needsomeone to play; i can combo computers all day long butit doesn't help me

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
So I was in Starky last weekend for a Halloween Party and I saw an ad on campus that said there was a Brawl/64 tournament going down this coming Sunday. Does anyone know anything about it?

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
whoa; i'm off his sunday :O LET ME KNOW! >_> haven't played either game in yars; but i used to be pretty decent at 64; besides i dont' mind payin money to get owned by better players >__> i looked up directions to MSU and it's pretty much straight foward. keep straight and to the right; and follow the signs..

<_< would take approx 1 and half hours.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
The thing is I was ******** and didn't get the specifics. I assumed someone here would know so I didn't take any info down. I'll ask a friend of mine to get the info for me though.

Winnar

Smash Lord
The newly formed video game club is hosting a smash tournament. I can't believe I forgot to post about it here.

It's now going to be melee/brawl, $3 entry (geared mainly towards the bros here). Ruleset should be legit though, he's doing MLG rules for brawl and MBR rules for melee. Singles and doubles I think? If there's enough entrants for doubles, at least.

payout is 40/30/20 (10% goes to VGC I assume)

saturday - melee, sunday - brawl.

Registration starts at noon?

No pools?

I'm working with the guy right now on the rules and stuff. It's mostly going to be local dudes.

By mostly I mean 100% except if either of you two show up

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Wow, he really needs to stick with a day, cause the flyer said it was all on Sunday. I honestly dont see why this needs to be a two day event, cause even if you had a huge turn out (50 people total) you could still do it in a single day ESPECIALLY if there are no pools.

I will try to make it to both tournaments, but it may be that I only get to be at the Brawl tournament.

[edit]
What building will it be in? I'm assuming somewhere in the union? The Dawg House maybe?
[/edit}

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
"saturday - melee, sunday - brawl."

;_; NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>_< i wanna play some f-ing melee notsome lame *** brawl =/

if this changes let me know.. if not i might still try and show up sunday if i wake up in time <_< *kinda doubtful since i won't get off til about 1am sunday morning

Winnar

Smash Lord
Wow, he really needs to stick with a day, cause the flyer said it was all on Sunday. I honestly dont see why this needs to be a two day event, cause even if you had a huge turn out (50 people total) you could still do it in a single day ESPECIALLY if there are no pools.

I will try to make it to both tournaments, but it may be that I only get to be at the Brawl tournament.

[edit]
What building will it be in? I'm assuming somewhere in the union? The Dawg House maybe?
[/edit}
It's in Butler

Like I said, it's primarily appealing to people on campus. It's his first smash tournament and he has zero experience with smash, so I'm trying to help him out as much as I can. He doesn't want me to help out too much if I'm going to enter for...security reasons? I dunno. I wasn't going to post it on here because I'm not expecting much out of this tournament. I mainly just want to get him some experience with tournament hosting before involving tourney***s

$3 entry fee, btw, not sure if I said that before

You're all welcome to come, just letting you know what you're getting into

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
how can it be free entertainment if you pay three dollars *ganted you get the money back.. but it's still money invested.. ..... i'll shut up*

<_< on side note; anyone goin to the We Must resist new world tourney *or whatever it was called* in daphne AL? if you're passin anywhere close to here i wouldn't mind goin; could provide gas money.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
how can it be free entertainment if you pay three dollars *ganted you get the money back.. but it's still money invested.. ..... i'll shut up*
LOL, ok, then lets just say it's a calculated risk. But the likelihood that I will make a money placement in both tournaments is a near 100%. The only person that I'll have to watch out for is Winnar and Tony, and Tony will only be there for the Brawl tournament.

I have no idea how good Winnar is at this point, but I'm going to do like I always do and just ride out on my gallant horse that I call experience and just drop mindgame bombs everywhere.

Winnar

Smash Lord
LOL, ok, then lets just say it's a calculated risk. But the likelihood that I will make a money placement in both tournaments is a near 100%. The only person that I'll have to watch out for is Winnar and Tony, and Tony will only be there for the Brawl tournament.

I have no idea how good Winnar is at this point, but I'm going to do like I always do and just ride out on my gallant horse that I call experience and just drop mindgame bombs everywhere.
Actually this guy Keys in brawl is pretty good. I've only played him once, under goofy conditions (items, ffa, laggy tv, etc.) but I could see him winning if I don't.

Also, I'm not going to lose at melee :)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Actually this guy Keys in brawl is pretty good. I've only played him once, under goofy conditions (items, ffa, laggy tv, etc.) but I could see him winning if I don't.
If he doesn't have tournament experience I will still break him. Remember our discussion about breaking your opponents spirit? Trust me, I will make this guy a nervous wreck or an enraged mistake making machine.

Also, I'm going to lose at melee :(
Fix'd :-P.

Seriously though, I'm rusty as hell in Melee. Gonna work up my Marth, Mewtwo, Falcon, and Falco back into shape. I'll probably just wreck everyone being gay with Falco until I run into someone that I would like to try and play for serials against. I'll play friendlies with whomever before and after the tournament though.

Winnar

Smash Lord
If he doesn't have tournament experience I will still break him. Remember our discussion about breaking your opponents spirit? Trust me, I will make this guy a nervous wreck or an enraged mistake making machine.

Fix'd :-P.

Seriously though, I'm rusty as hell in Melee. Gonna work up my Marth, Mewtwo, Falcon, and Falco back into shape. I'll probably just wreck everyone being gay with Falco until I run into someone that I would like to try and play for serials against. I'll play friendlies with whomever before and after the tournament though.
Yeah I know your mindcrush tricks. He's played a lot online on allisbrawl, but I think this might be his first offline tournament? Who knooooooooows

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Yeah I know your mindcrush tricks.
Mindcrush. I like the way that sounds. It's way more malicious than mind games.
I'd wreck everyone there

even in Brawl

<3 MookieRah + Winnar
This is prolly true tbh XD. Darn you AL peepz for actually having a smash scene! It doesn't exist in MS.

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm sad on every day except Thursday (when I play smash with peeps) :p

Honestly if Chad didn't come to AL we'd still be bottom tier. :x

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Honestly if Chad didn't come to AL we'd still be bottom tier. :x
At least your tier exists. When my crew stopped playing back in like... early 2006 that pretty much sealed my fate. I also don't want to commit all my time to going to tournaments (a la NESN00b, God I still miss that dude, I am really sad when his face shows up on facebook saying that we need to reconnect :-(, but I digress) to play people and get better. Anyways, I am happy that you guys are getting in some healthy levels of smash. I'm hoping there will be a scene in Starky after this tournament.

j00t

Smash Champion
Yeah I miss seeing your beautiful face, MookieRah.

You should come to FAP2, it'll be fun~

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
It's possible that I could attend. It greatly depends on this tournament actually. I'm hoping for a melee/brawl scene to start up. If so I would have a place to go and play smash so I wouldn't completely suck. It'd be nice to see all the familiar faces. I've changed up the way I look quite a bit. For those who haven't seen me in the past year or so, I've lost 30 lbs. I now have a beard and am growing my hair out. It's all kinds of crazy.

Top Bottom