• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mission Impossibill 4/18/09

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Mission Impossibill​

Thats right folks its the next Billfest! Everyone get hyped because its gonna be amazing. Heres the info:

Don't show up late. We are starting on time and we will start without you if need be. Please call if you are going to show up late, my cell phone is listed below.

Location/Contact info:
425 Hillsborough St. Apt 6c
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Contact info:
-Heres my number: (980) 254-6422. Call me if you get lost or you have any questions or if you are going to show up late.

Pricing/Prize:
Brawl singles: $5
Melee singles: $5
Brawl doubles: $10 per team
Melee Sinlges: $10 per team
Melee Crews: $25 per team
Brawl Crews: $25 per team

Pot split for all events except crews will be 70/20/10
Pot split for crews in both games with be 80/20

Schedule:
11:00 Registration opens
12:00 Melee doubles starts
2:30 Melee singles starts
5:00 Food Break
6:00 Brawl doubles starts
8:30 Brawl singles starts
Crews will start after Brawl singles ends

I will be purchashing drinks (soda, water, etc.) and snacks (individual bags of chips, cereal bars, etc.) which people will be able to purchase. I will charge as little as possible since I am not trying to make money but only recoup loses.

Melee Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List
Neutrals:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:
- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:
everything else

Brawl Rules:

* Items off.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned
* King Dedede's Standing Infinite is banned.
* Japanese Ledge Rule is in effect. More than 70 ledge grabs and you lose the match.
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Neutral:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Couterpicks:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat
Brinstar
Delfino
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
everything else

1 Stage ban per person
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit

Crew Rules:

Melee Crews:
-20 stock team
-all normal melee rules apply
-4 to 6 players per team
-Will be updated with all rules at a later time

Brawl Crews:
-12 stock per team
-all normal brawl rules apply
-4 to 6 players per team
-Will be updated with all rules at a later time

---------------------------------------------

We need setups as always. Please post if you plan to bring anything and post what you plan on bringing so we can organize ahead of time.

Setups:
- NC-Billbro/Lord Karn: 2 wii's, 4 tv's
- Foxy: 3 melee, 3 tv
- ph00t: 1 wii, 1 tv
- behr: 1 cube, 1 wii, 1 tv
- smith: 1 cube

Totals:
Melee/Brawl: 3
Melee: 5
Brawl: 1
TV's: 9
NOTE: Crews is gonna be fun as hell, its something I'm really excited about and I'm sure others are excited also (gotta make this the best billfest ever for Mask's sake) but it means everyone needs to show up ON TIME. Please don't show up late, we will start without you and I am absolutely not kidding. If you call and let me know you will be late I will hold off on your matches for as long as I can but the second it becomes an issue you will have to take a loss without question, no exceptions. Show up on time!

Vilt

Smash Lord
o.o FIRST POST! Rawr! You know I'm coming. We need to talk about HERB2 as well.

Btw bill thanks so much for all these billfests. they are so awesome.

Edit: Count me in for a setup as well.

Foxy

Smash Master
I'll definitely come.

Probably bringing a bunch of folks, so count me in for 3 Melee setups.

If I can get my **** working again, I'll also have a recording station.

I'll bring a Brawl+ setup too (which means regular Brawl, but I won't be staying for those events) in case anyone wants to MM on it... I'm up for that. But it won't get in the way.

Also, any idea if this will be anywhere near the actual schedule? Has a Billfest ever ran close to the schedule?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Can't come X_x My grandmom just had to decide to show up the week of this.

All well. Have fun guys.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
im pretty sure im off that weekend so i should make it ace if you end up going i vote we try to get some matches in fri night if you're free

stingers

Smash Obsessed

Is that the normal rule? o_O

I realize the chances of it ever coming to that are basically impossible, but if that somehow happened I'd hate to have to do a sudden death. I thought it was supposed to be based on Overall Damage Dealt at the results screen or something.

lord karn

Smash Master

Is that the normal rule? o_O

I realize the chances of it ever coming to that are basically impossible, but if that somehow happened I'd hate to have to do a sudden death. I thought it was supposed to be based on Overall Damage Dealt at the results screen or something.
I'm pretty sure that's the way it usually is. Not really any good way to do it at that point.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
My ability to make this depends on certain things with my girlfriend.

However, I most likely CAN make it.

And I can bring a Cube/Melee/IKARUGA/TalesofSymphonia/ViewtifulJoe/PN03/AlienHominid

>_>

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Jaheez Bill, everyone knows there's 2 s's in IMPOSSIBill. I'll definitely be there and i'll bring my cube and 27" TV as usual : >

LETS DO THIS

S

smash brawl player 99021

woohoo!!!
we get to hear bill talk incredibly fast again!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Oh yeah, Bill you were so hyped at HERB! That was cool. Been meaning to tell you that lol.

Have fun bros.

Lol I like the name.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
this will be one of my last events in nc (if not the), so all my loved ones need to go please

PS: i'm coming for you lozr

Dublio

Smash Ace
Dr Pee Pee can't do anything till after May 12th, which I assume is because of school since college ends on the same date. But I'm only guessing. =o

Smith

Smash Ace
I've been playing Melee 3 days straight. No Brawl.

But I've been using Doc. instead of Y.Link :(

I have no idea to chose, since I like both, I'd also feel bad if I ditched Y.Link cause PLUR put alot of effort at HERB for me.
I'll be at this til it ends, and I'm entering Melee as Y.Link.

I've been playing Melee 3 days straight. No Brawl.

But I've been using Doc. instead of Y.Link :(

I have no idea to chose, since I like both, I'd also feel bad if I ditched Y.Link cause PLUR put alot of effort at HERB for me.
I'll be at this til it ends, and I'm entering Melee as Y.Link.
y.link ditto MM...

or my y link vs whatever MM.

Top Bottom