• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Well, I don't know. Maybe it was a legit question?

Just please tell your friends not to just claim Zelda's superiority in any matter during future raids you might do.
It's a good way of making others think less of you.
Still proudly riding that high horse, I see.

It's all done in good fun, really. I could comment on Palu mains being unable to take a joke, but I don't exactly rely on condescending generalizations to stroke my ego. If you can't find the pleasure in this like plenty of your fellow Palu mains have, you're free to sit back and not participate.

Or go ahead and kick up dirt over something that everyone, Zelda and Palu mains, were enjoying perfectly fine (thereby fulfilling your own argument of "This only ends badly," ironically enough), not our problem.

You're free to come to our social anytime. We're crazy active as is, but some sass from Lady Sakuratena fans would always be welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Well, I don't know. Maybe it was a legit question?

Just please tell your friends not to just claim Zelda's superiority in any matter during future raids you might do.
It's a good way of making others think less of you.

A raid is not a raid when you don't talk about Zelda's incredible sassiness, so much you'll fall over in fear!

In all seriousness, we don't actually arrogantly think that she is better than everyone. We just do it because it's fun to show incredible sass and gives us an excuse to post GIFs and say that our main is a show off. These aren't serious in the very slightest, so most people wouldn't think different of Zelda. You can think lowly of us if you want, because we kinda already are. :^)

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
You know, the raid kinda reminded me of a similar incident that happened on Miiverse. A group of people in the Smash community made a post talking about how it would be a great and funny idea to invade the Zelda community, and flood there post sections with Peter Pan jokes due to the Zelda community being considered "normal", and "on topic", with "civilized" people on Miiverse, while many considered the Smash community on Miiverse to be quite the opposite. And so they did. Some people in the Zelda community played along, but most didn't. In fact, most were disgusted by it, and considered what they were doing was very childish. So how did the Miiverse Zelda community respond? They stop commenting, and went on a hiatus. They waited for the group of people to get tired of posting all of those "jokes", so they can continue to get back on topic.

Now I'm not saying it's exactly like this, but you get the point. I would usually expect raids to happen on Miiverse, not Smashboards. Which is one of the many reasons why I left Miiverse. I'm not saying we all can't have a little fun, but when that "fun" becomes the main topic, that's when it could lead to problems. But the difference between this one, and the one that happened on Miiverse, is that (most of us) didn't take the joke seriously, and laugh with the raiders. I know I was laughing. Palutuna with Seaweed hair.....xD

Other than that, the raid didn't really affect me TBH. Mainly because I know what I am capable of with Palutena, and she is only just my Secondary. I haven't even started talking about my main...:4mario:

I have no regrets....

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

A raid is not a raid when you don't talk about Zelda's incredible sassiness, so much you'll fall over in fear!

In all seriousness, we don't actually arrogantly think that she is better than everyone. We just do it because it's fun to show incredible sass and gives us an excuse to post GIFs and say that our main is a show off. These aren't serious in the very slightest, so most people wouldn't think different of Zelda. You can think lowly of us if you want, because we kinda already are. :^)
Yeah, I mean... it's fine to say she is great at sass, or whatever, just putting down others at the same
time is sure get others on the defensive.

I'd also like to say that I don't find anyone here or in the Zelda forums are terrible people for joking
and gif posting. I said what I said because I was touched by @ Wintropy Wintropy 's comments and wanted to add
onto them. (I also kind of thought the raid had ended). Take that as you will.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So this is what happens when I'm away... As a general enforcer, I want to seek peace.

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I honestly do not understand why this would anger or disgust anyone. I believe underneath our joking surface, people should be amazed that an entire character's community is willing to go out as one unit and meet another character's players here that they would not usually have otherwise. If you can't say that's community building, frankly, you wouldn't know what community is even if it sucker punched you in the gut. And seemed that the some of the Palutenas present enjoyed it and even participated, which is an unexpected result and rather contrary for something said to be "utterly detrimental to conducive community-building,"no? It's not like this all we do either, we are all working together to advance Zelda's meta (currently working with Farore's Squall), to whoever said we think Zelda is joke character best not be putting words into our mouth. We simply accept that Zelda is not a good character with the tools we currently have for her, we take the baggage that comes with dedicating ourselves to her as smash players, and we laugh. And isn't laughter the best medicine? We can't help it if you're too ignorant to see we love Zelda no matter how good or terrible she is. You're not going to stop us from making new friends here on Smashboards in our Hyrule Tier unorthodox manner, the mindless ineffective shaming some of you want to put on us isn't going to help anything but swell your own head. Don't get mad just because we want to have our own sassier brand of togetherness and you're unwilling to accept it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I honestly do not understand why this would anger or disgust anyone. I believe underneath our joking surface, people should be amazed that an entire character's community is willing to go out as one unit and meet another character's players here that they would not usually have otherwise. If you can't say that's community building, frankly, you wouldn't know what community is even if it sucker punched you in the gut. And seemed that the some of the Palutenas present enjoyed it and even participated, which is an unexpected result and rather contrary for something said to be "utterly detrimental to conducive community-building,"no? It's not like this all we do either, we are all working together to advance Zelda's meta (currently working with Farore's Squall), to whoever said we think Zelda is joke character best not be putting words into our mouth. We simply accept that Zelda is not a good character with the tools we currently have for her, we take the baggage that comes with dedicating ourselves to her as smash players, and we laugh. And isn't laughter the best medicine? We can't help it if you're too ignorant to see we love Zelda no matter how good or terrible she is. You're not going to stop us from making new friends here on Smashboards in our Hyrule Tier unorthodox manner, the mindless ineffective shaming some of you want to put on us isn't going to help anything but swell your own head. Don't get mad just because we want to have our own sassier brand of togetherness and you're unwilling to accept it.
I'm just kinda strict and cautious. If my memory was correct, experiencing this before was not fun, but it was probably during the Brawl times. I'm just making sure things are in order to prevent chaos, just like some other times that I had witnessed.
But I understand your passion for Zelda, for that was my passion for Brawl Pit, and Smash 4 Palutena respectively, many treating them as bad characters but I still loved them and mained them with all my heart, aiming to make some of those jerks get served heavenly justice from Skyworld. So do not worry. So as long as there's no general insults, bulling, trolling or something, I'm on your side on this.

But hey, Palutena and Zelda together and both having Goddess status one way or another, this really sounds like a real...

Divine intervention. :4palutena:

(I couldn't help that one)

Last edited:

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
I'm just kinda strict and cautious. If my memory was correct, experiencing this before was not fun, but it was probably during the Brawl times. I'm just making sure things are in order to prevent chaos, just like some other times that I had witnessed.
But I understand your passion for Zelda, for that was my passion for Brawl Pit, and Smash 4 Palutena respectively, many treating them as bad characters but I still loved them and mained them with all my heart, aiming to make some of those jerks get served heavenly justice from Skyworld. So do not worry. So as long as there's no general insults, bulling, trolling or something, I'm on your side on this.

But hey, Palutena and Zelda together and both having Goddess status one way or another, this really sounds like a real...

Divine intervention. :4palutena:

(I couldn't help that one)
Don't worry, that's an entirely rational stance that I can sympathize with. I'm glad you're able to a little have fun as well, I hope us Zeldas made it clear that was our only purpose in this. At least we've hopefully made up and become #BestWaifuFriends4Ever

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Don't worry, that's an entirely rational stance that I can sympathize with. I'm glad you're able to a little have fun as well, I hope us Zeldas made it clear that was our only purpose in this. At least we've hopefully made up and become #BestWaifuFriends4Ever
Normally I'm serious and don't joke around, especially against certain character types based on my previous experiences (like my problems with Falcon, as my experiences with em was their trollish, jerk-like, and arrogant nature), but as long as I understand something and know the situations, I might be able to be of use. So from here, let's just make sure we're at peace. As a generally dedicated Palutena supporter for a long time and self-proclaimed enforcer of the light, I am okay with this, and I hope my fellow Pallys will be okay with it, or so I think.
Just be careful doing that to some other character threads. I know some of em are very hazardous and filled with obnoxious energies IMO.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE...

I'm hoping this isn't old news, but on the custom Palutena front, have we considered the option of superspeeding after the nair in our dthrow combo if they were to DI away correctly? I've been able to catch people who are launched considerably far from that nair hit, assuming I have lightweight on and SS active.

I'm also hoping the way I said it didn't sound like gibberish. If it does I'll try and record it so I can make it easier to understand.

Example would be:

*lightweight, with enemy mid-high% but not KO able with uair*
Dthrow, full hop nair
*they DI far away*
SuperSpeed, 2nd jump, rising nair/uair

It's a great way to catch people who assume they can escape by DIing offstage, too.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE...

I'm hoping this isn't old news, but on the custom Palutena front, have we considered the option of superspeeding after the nair in our dthrow combo if they were to DI away correctly?
Well said. Out of all my times of playing as Palutena when using customs never once did I considered that. Now I feel like a just experienced a "duh" moment.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This thread's been under a raid, huh? I sincerely wish that won't happen again.

On the other note... I watched that video from Finnish (!!) tournaments and I'm pretty damn impressed with what can be done with Palu's customs now. Quite saddens me how I didn't get to 'em until now. I just hope it's not too complicated to pay back for that high-speed play I've seen.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
My Smash mains decided to take a family portrait.

Last edited:

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
Mario please, smile for the picture, you're tearing this family apart.

After having a week break from not playing any smash while I was overseas I felt like I got worse with Palutena, maybe it's just rust but man did it feel like I'd forgotten so much, I'm pretty sure my first match after coming back I completely forgot to jab because it's a tool I only really use when I play Palutena.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Mario please, smile for the picture, you're tearing this family apart.

After having a week break from not playing any smash while I was overseas I felt like I got worse with Palutena, maybe it's just rust but man did it feel like I'd forgotten so much, I'm pretty sure my first match after coming back I completely forgot to jab because it's a tool I only really use when I play Palutena.
Lol, maybe Mario is still mad about how the tier elitists labeled his wife. xD

Anyway, all jokes aside, as much as I would love to say that I am very good with Palutena, it shames me to say that I haven't made much use of her jab. Even though I know how amazing it is, I just never made use of it. And it not because I don't know how to use it, I just don't use it when I could've or should've.

Not using the move, is a habit I have to break out off. And it's funny because whenever beginner Palutena players ask me for advice, or guidance, I always refer to her Jab. Funny how that turns out huh?

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
Against my friends the Jab is the only move I'm ever able to hit with, there's no other move you can get away whiffing with Palutena, not even her aerials so I learnt to use it more often. I NEVER use jab on most other characters though, I know for sure I never use it when I play Toon Link which is why I think I forgot to use Palutena's jab coming back. I mean if you can play and do well with Palutena without using the jab you should, I don't think there's necessarily a "right" way to play a character just the way that suits you best.

Sometimes it's better to practice with a move to see why everyone thinks it's great and uses it a lot but some moves just don't click, again referring to Toon Link, most players say his zair is great but I rarely use it, I still prefer his other aerials despite lack of range and being worse than their brawl counterpart because the zair just doesn't feel effective for me, I still do great with Toon Link, if anything I think trying to use zair makes me worse so I think the same can probably apply to Palutena with her jab, maybe even default as compared to customs.

Babatunde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BABS!
3DS FC
2938-7558-8507
I will never understand the purpose of these raids. Serious discussion seems to take a backseat to inane gifs and people bandying insults hither and thither with the express intent of displaying "humour", which seems invariably to resort to tawdry chastisement of a particular character without prejudice or distinction. It leaves me cold. I quite frankly fail to see the fun in this, it's petty and immature and utterly detrimental to conducive community-building, which would ordinarily be the stated purpose of an open forum like ours.

That being said, I consider censorship in any form to be utterly abhorrent, so I'll just roll my eyes and politely excuse myself. I have better things to be doing than to interrupt legitimate endeavours towards progressing our meta.
True this, but it is pretty funny in the end :p

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Walk in just like

Anyway, time to ask a question that has probably been asked countless times (with some context):

I've suddenly come into a position of power within my local Smash groups as one of 3-4 Sm4sh TOs. One of the first things I was hit with is "I'd like to put forward the idea that Miis and Palutena should be allowed to use Customs." This isn't exactly an unbiased place to ask, but what are all your thoughts on them having Customs but others not? Last year I used to be 100% in favour as they were available from the start, inherent in the characters' gimmicks, and the "1111" set was arbitrary... until I had it explained that it might be unfair for four characters to have the optional variety when others cannot. (So now I'm a fence-sitter.) In the end the call was "Has to be Customs for everyone or no one," but I wanna make sure I'm not becoming your typical "NO FUN ALLOWED" competitive player. Personally, I'd love to see it - partly because she's my secondary but mainly because it's a step towards full customs and it isn't hindered by accessibility. So what are people's thoughts on this? Is there a consensus, or just personal opinion?

[person]: I don't think we'll even see Palutena at one of our tournaments regardless.
Me: Challenge accepted.
palutena glasses.png

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I've suddenly come into a position of power within my local Smash groups as one of 3-4 Sm4sh TOs. One of the first things I was hit with is "I'd like to put forward the idea that Miis and Palutena should be allowed to use Customs." This isn't exactly an unbiased place to ask, but what are all your thoughts on them having Customs but others not? Last year I used to be 100% in favour as they were available from the start, inherent in the characters' gimmicks, and the "1111" set was arbitrary... until I had it explained that it might be unfair for four characters to have the optional variety when others cannot. (So now I'm a fence-sitter.) In the end the call was "Has to be Customs for everyone or no one," but I wanna make sure I'm not becoming your typical "NO FUN ALLOWED" competitive player. Personally, I'd love to see it - partly because she's my secondary but mainly because it's a step towards full customs and it isn't hindered by accessibility. So what are people's thoughts on this? Is there a consensus, or just personal opinion?
Because DEMOCRACY, I'd say I'm in favour of the "all or nothing" perspective. It is a bit unfair to limit customs to a small handful of characters when there's nothing really to say they can't be universally legal. Either everybody is equal or nobody is equal.

That being said, why can't you just let everybody use customs as standard?

[person]: I don't think we'll even see Palutena at one of our tournaments regardless.
Me: Challenge accepted.
View attachment 40457
You tell 'em, bra!

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Because DEMOCRACY, I'd say I'm in favour of the "all or nothing" perspective. It is a bit unfair to limit customs to a small handful of characters when there's nothing really to say they can't be universally legal. Either everybody is equal or nobody is equal.

That being said, why can't you just let everybody use customs as standard?

You tell 'em, bra!
Haha :)
Well, the first issue with Customs we came across when discussing it is that it's hard to unlock all of them on Wii U. So we discussed getting them all on 3DS and choosing ~8 or so common sets and transferring them. Painful but doable. Unfortunately, then there's the issue of this actually being a public venue, and they own the Wii Us - anyone could come in and mess around with the customs. Nothing would be worse than finding out your recovery move isn't what you thought it was. Or someone being sneaky and changing the stats so it says "Balanced" when they're actually +10 atk/def/spd. So sadly, I think it's doable but because of the way the venue runs, it's kind of an ease-of-accessibility thing right now. There aren't really many other venues to use (that we know of) and we're pretty sure the Smash community is what's actually keeping the place in business :laugh:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Haha :)
Well, the first issue with Customs we came across when discussing it is that it's hard to unlock all of them on Wii U. So we discussed getting them all on 3DS and choosing ~8 or so common sets and transferring them. Painful but doable. Unfortunately, then there's the issue of this actually being a public venue, and they own the Wii Us - anyone could come in and mess around with the customs. Nothing would be worse than finding out your recovery move isn't what you thought it was. Or someone being sneaky and changing the stats so it says "Balanced" when they're actually +10 atk/def/spd. So sadly, I think it's doable but because of the way the venue runs, it's kind of an ease-of-accessibility thing right now. There aren't really many other venues to use (that we know of) and we're pretty sure the Smash community is what's actually keeping the place in business :laugh:
Right, right. But surely there'd be a clause that states all players have to disclose what customs they're using in that match, yeah?

Last edited:

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
How is this a hard decision, if a player cheats they get disqualified, simple? I also don't really think it can be argued as an equality thing, Mii Fighter and Palutena were clearly designed to be played with their customs and are unlocked from the start so there's no issue with setting Wii U's up for them.

I'm so biased on this that my opinion hardly counts though so eh.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Right, right. But surely there'd be a clause that states all players have to disclose what customs they're using in that match, yeah?
Yes, of course. But transferring customs to the Wii U doesn't transfer the custom move itself - just the set. So if, between events, a member of the public comes along and changes the moves, you won't know until you try using them. If we don't really want to be restarting matches, we'd have to check them all beforehand, so screw that. Possibly get everyone to spend 15s at the start of the match checking? Not ideal for things with cooldown though.

How is this a hard decision, if a player cheats they get disqualified, simple? I also don't really think it can be argued as an equality thing, Mii Fighter and Palutena were clearly designed to be played with their customs and are unlocked from the start so there's no issue with setting Wii U's up for them.

I'm so biased on this that my opinion hardly counts though so eh.
My thinking too, they're kind of designed to work this way. Want to make sure I'm not doing them injustice. Maybe I just want Palutena to be better. We do get a Mii Gunner player, so I think it'll actually have a bit of impact.

Last edited:

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Going to Final Round in March. I really should be watching the Palutena boards more, but I'm usually busy playing people. I've won a few locals with Palutena, but I haven't been to a major for this game yet. I'll be repping Palutena mostly (Lucina is my secondary).

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
The tournaments here in Sydney have stuck to customs without change even when Apex ruleset was announced so we've been prepared with all the custom stuff for a while now. First Wii U tournament was a bit shaky, I was the only person with all customs unlocked on 3ds and they had to put customs on 4 wii u's minus my friends who we'd already prepared.

Overall it wasn't too bad, tournament hadn't even started by the time it was all done so I can safely say that it's possible with a little preparation by the TO's. If you're going ahead to plan the tournament you may as well invest the time to getting the customs right?

I personally just think it should be handled on an individual basis, it's quicker to transfer over a single custom for a single character before a set than to transfer all 50+ characters customs onto the Wii U where over half probably won't even be used, especially for Mii fighter, people want to play as their own Mii. Just have the same naming convention, it's super easy and way quicker, the amount of times Wii U's didn't have my specific Palutena set (which honestly is dumb because it's a pretty normal set, 1312) was ridiculous but because it's palutena I didn't even need to grab my 3ds and just quickly made my set in less than a minute.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
The tournaments here in Sydney have stuck to customs without change even when Apex ruleset was announced so we've been prepared with all the custom stuff for a while now. First Wii U tournament was a bit shaky, I was the only person with all customs unlocked on 3ds and they had to put customs on 4 wii u's minus my friends who we'd already prepared.

Overall it wasn't too bad, tournament hadn't even started by the time it was all done so I can safely say that it's possible with a little preparation by the TO's. If you're going ahead to plan the tournament you may as well invest the time to getting the customs right?

I personally just think it should be handled on an individual basis, it's quicker to transfer over a single custom for a single character before a set than to transfer all 50+ characters customs onto the Wii U where over half probably won't even be used, especially for Mii fighter, people want to play as their own Mii. Just have the same naming convention, it's super easy and way quicker, the amount of times Wii U's didn't have my specific Palutena set (which honestly is dumb because it's a pretty normal set, 1312) was ridiculous but because it's palutena I didn't even need to grab my 3ds and just quickly made my set in less than a minute.
Oh, hey, you're in Sydney? I'm in Perth. So (a) who provides the Wii Us? Attendees, or the venue? And (b) I take it they put a couple of preset moves on each character?

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
Wii U's unfortunately have to be provided by attendee's, not the best but most of the people who always come to the tournaments bring their own. We've never been short so far, most people are pretty good about it and as for customs we follow the customs project setup where the top 6 custom sets for each character as decided through a somewhat loose poll by each individual board.

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-standard-custom-moveset-project-initial-release.381395/

Once those presets are on if someone needs a different set from the selected ones there are still 4 left over slots for their set. It's good because people can take their own 3ds with the set to make it easy or the TO has one prepared with all the customs for people who don't have 3ds, only really strict rule we follow is that you CAN'T use a set that isn't named correctly (i.e 1111, 2222, 3333 etc).

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Wii U's unfortunately have to be provided by attendee's, not the best but most of the people who always come to the tournaments bring their own. We've never been short so far, most people are pretty good about it and as for customs we follow the customs project setup where the top 6 custom sets for each character as decided through a somewhat loose poll by each individual board.

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-standard-custom-moveset-project-initial-release.381395/

Once those presets are on if someone needs a different set from the selected ones there are still 4 left over slots for their set. It's good because people can take their own 3ds with the set to make it easy or the TO has one prepared with all the customs for people who don't have 3ds, only really strict rule we follow is that you CAN'T use a set that isn't named correctly (i.e 1111, 2222, 3333 etc).
I'd seen that thread a while ago, probably when they visited the Shulk boards - thanks for linking it because I couldn't remember where I'd seen it.

Looking at it like this, it appears that it kind of comes down to the fact that the Wii Us aren't ours. We've got a few other things to sort out with the venue that take priority, but I'll likely push for this next time the discussion comes around. I'm now convinced it's viable, there are just a few hurdles that we can hopefully jump.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Hey guys, I.....I don't know what else to do. Lately......*sniff* when I'm online......people keep sending me messages through the name tags. Like this one guy........*sniff* sent me a message saying "NOPALUTENA". *Sniff* I don't know what I did wrong. I'm surprised he even had that name tag ready. I just played as Palutena like I normally would. *sniff* People getting mad at me for two stocking them with Palu.......*sniff* calling our Goddess "OP"......*sniff*. Telling me I need to switch characters.......*sniff*. Telling me Palu is trash and than when I two stock them say she's "broken".......*sniff*. Hopping on Miiverse trying to tell me Palutena is broken......*sniff*. Getting mad at me for warp canceling into a down air spike........*sniff*. Mad at me for using her Up smash even though they walked right into it.....*sniff* Telling me to stop using down throw, and than get mad at me for using her up throw when their percentage was high......*sniff*. What, do they not want me to use her throws?......*sniff* Saying Palutena's Up air is cheap.....*sniff*. Saying Palutena's Fair is cheap......*sniff*. Saying Palutena's Bair is cheap......*sniff*. Saying Palutena needs to get nerfed.....*sniff*. Saying Palutena is worse than Hoo Hah, and both Hoo Hah and Palutena need to be banned......*sniff*

xD lol, I had my fun. My over exaggeration is over. All those things I said above ACTUAL people said to me. lol

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hey guys, I.....I don't know what else to do. Lately......*sniff* when I'm online......people keep sending me messages through the name tags. Like this one guy........*sniff* sent me a message saying "NOPALUTENA". *Sniff* I don't know what I did wrong. I'm surprised he even had that name tag ready. I just played as Palutena like I normally would. *sniff* People getting mad at me for two stocking them with Palu.......*sniff* calling our Goddess "OP"......*sniff*. Telling me I need to switch characters.......*sniff*. Telling me Palu is trash and than when I two stock them say she's "broken".......*sniff*. Hopping on Miiverse trying to tell me Palutena is broken......*sniff*. Getting mad at me for warp canceling into a down air spike........*sniff*. Mad at me for using her Up smash even though they walked right into it.....*sniff* Telling me to stop using down throw, and than get mad at me for using her up throw when their percentage was high......*sniff*. What, do they not want me to use her throws?......*sniff* Saying Palutena's Up air is cheap.....*sniff*. Saying Palutena's Fair is cheap......*sniff*. Saying Palutena's Bair is cheap......*sniff*. Saying Palutena needs to get nerfed.....*sniff*. Saying Palutena is worse than Hoo Hah, and both Hoo Hah and Palutena need to be banned......*sniff*

xD lol, I had my fun. My over exaggeration is over. All those things I said above ACTUAL people said to me. lol
Wow, I've never run into any of that. Most people just say GG and quit. ;P

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm just reading that large wall of text and well, I'm just looking at the irony. Not you @ kmpyj kmpyj but I mean the other players. All these ppl saying Palutena sucks, and now I read that they ban her just like I'd ban Diddy... That's laughable, even to me, and I rarely laugh. It just means Palutena's becoming more of a threat, and we're doing a good job at portraying it.
:4palutena: *cue infamous pole dance taunt*

Still reminds me of the Diddy on FG months ago that put the "USUCK" tag after I beat him, but I admit I relied on roll spam on the 2nd stock only because I had to to throw him off track.
I almost want to see this hilarious stuff with my own eyes, but hearing about it is good enough.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I'm just reading that large wall of text and well, I'm just looking at the irony. Not you @ kmpyj kmpyj but I mean the other players. All these ppl saying Palutena sucks, and now I read that they ban her just like I'd ban Diddy... That's laughable, even to me, and I rarely laugh. It just means Palutena's becoming more of a threat, and we're doing a good job at portraying it.
:4palutena: *cue infamous pole dance taunt*

Still reminds me of the Diddy on FG months ago that put the "USUCK" tag after I beat him, but I admit I relied on roll spam on the 2nd stock only because I had to to throw him off track.
I almost want to see this hilarious stuff with my own eyes, but hearing about it is good enough.
Yup, the tension is raising. People are now starting to realize just how much of a threat Palutena can be in the right hands.

I thinks it's the way a good Palutena plays that makes Palutena come off OP. Though this can be said about any good player, there are some things that Palutena can do that catches a lot of people off guard due to them not know she could do that.

*cue Troll music*

Oh, you want to keep shielding my attacks? No problem, I will just hit you with Reflect, a move that can't be block.

Oh, you want to camp at the ledge? No biggy, I will just use Up Smash on you.

*Starts laughing* Oh ho ho, look at him trying to come back to the stage. *Jumps off and uses Nair*

*Uses up air, attack misses* "Hmm...I could have sworn I was in range." *Weird last hit connects on opponent* "Oh there it is!"

"Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab, Jab."

Aww, Little Mac is trying to come back to the stage? "Reflect!!!"

Warp cancel > Down air......and it connects...."Ohhh noooo that didn't just happen!"

*cue side taunt at the end as Palutena's laughing win animation comes on*

So much fun with Palutena, it's laughable. xD

Last edited:

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
...I'm considering giving up on this character. :/

Her lack of good KO options are really starting to affect my tournament performance. (w/o customs anyway, I could probably continue winning them otherwise) Once people learn to DI dthrow to avoid the uair followup, how do we finish them off without leaving ourselves completely open?

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
...I'm considering giving up on this character. :/

Her lack of good KO options are really starting to affect my tournament performance. (w/o customs anyway, I could probably continue winning them otherwise) Once people learn to DI dthrow to avoid the uair followup, how do we finish them off without leaving ourselves completely open?
Have you considered Jab>Instant Dash Attack, Jab>Smash Attack, and D-throw>RAR B-air? I know Jab>IDA works and it isn't difficult, but I'm not so sure about the other two. Jab>Smash since it doesn't seem like it should work but the people I play with say they can't do much about it at high % (Around 110% or so). D1 talks about using D-throw>RAR B-air to take stocks but it seems incredibly hard to pull off.

Last edited:

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Jab> Smash doesn't work unfortunately. The bair out of the throw just don't get the job done when most stages are just too large and the knockback on bair just not being strong enough to KO at high %s. Jab>IDA seems reasonable, but still feels like they can react fast enough to avoid the dash attack if they see it coming. Even so, these options just don't make life that much easier against smart players who know the matchup well enough. :(

Thank heavens my scene plays with customs, so adjusting to default Palutena isn't the most important thing in the world. Still, unfortunate that I'm probably going to have to play a different character otherwise...

Top Bottom