• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Lozjam

Smash Champion
:facepalm: This paragraph sure explains a lot. For one, I was merely pointing out what any adult with a straight head would see as common sense. Second, who said I was siding with Palutena mains on this? Again, just pointing out what should be be obvious from a neutral position. Now the rest of your little rant is a nice story I'll be sure to share with my friends and have a laugh over as I return to my day.
Well look at what we got here.
Nice Immature insult, implying that you think that you are better than everyone and assuming that I am younger than you. Actually, strike that, you imply that everyone here is younger than you. Very classy. I am sure that Palutena's, Wario's, Zelda's, and Ganondorfs alike will take kindly to your little narcicistic complex. Nice way to start off on these boards.

I find it funny that you constitute a little raid, as a flame war. You have a lot to learn from the Internet. You called yourself here to say this is foolishness, imply Zelda mains are fools, and even go as far to say you are ashamed of Zelda mains. That seems like Palutena's side to me, but with so little sass it's despicable.
The Palutena's got sass, and gratz girls. GG's
Yet you stand aside and call all of us the equivalent of morons by saying we are children, and do not have common sense.
Little word of advice, we make fun of the character, not of the individual players. I expect you to do the same, else you will get infracted and in time, banned.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Gorls, I made a guide on how to use Paletuna in this game, you should thank me for it. :^)

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Heya gurls!

I felt this was somewhat appropriate for this place (despite some explicit language but nothing too major) :p

Last edited by a moderator:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Sorry, it's not really appropriate here. This thread might have gotten a little out of hand, so let's all just settle down folks. Nothing personal, it's just my duty.
Waifu Master at daylight.
Post Destroyer at night. :^)

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
enter a message with at least 10 characters
HNI_0018.JPG

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
enter a message with at least 10 charactersView attachment 40078
Technically speaking, quoting a post counts as adding characters. Along with this he DID edit some of the original message, lol.

If it couldn't be posted because of "10chars" I'm pretty sure a pop-up comes up preventing the post until more chars are added. :)

Last edited:

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
Technically speaking, quoting a post counts as adding characters. Along with this he DID edit some of the original message, lol.

If it couldn't be posted because of "10chars" I'm pretty sure a pop-up comes up preventing the post until more chars are added. :)
I think he meant he couldn't post his image unless he had ten characters?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Making it that obvious you're bypassing the 10char limit is actually against the rules since it falls under spam. Same with the image-only posts and stuff like censordodging with images. None of the posts here are that bad, but I would tone it down a little in the future.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
>When you want to throw a parteh but the grown-ups say no. :^(

Cenizas

The Zelda We Need, But Not the One We Deserve
3DS FC
1032-1809-6196
It seems our time here has drawn to a close. Just know that your dimwit shotacon manslave is in our sights.

Feel free to drop by anytime though :D

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I will never understand the purpose of these raids. Serious discussion seems to take a backseat to inane gifs and people bandying insults hither and thither with the express intent of displaying "humour", which seems invariably to resort to tawdry chastisement of a particular character without prejudice or distinction. It leaves me cold. I quite frankly fail to see the fun in this, it's petty and immature and utterly detrimental to conducive community-building, which would ordinarily be the stated purpose of an open forum like ours.

That being said, I consider censorship in any form to be utterly abhorrent, so I'll just roll my eyes and politely excuse myself. I have better things to be doing than to interrupt legitimate endeavours towards progressing our meta.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I will never understand the purpose of these raids. Serious discussion seems to take a backseat to inane gifs and people bandying insults hither and thither with the express intent of displaying "humour", which seems invariably to resort to tawdry chastisement of a particular character without prejudice or distinction. It leaves me cold. I quite frankly fail to see the fun in this, it's petty and immature and utterly detrimental to conducive community-building, which would ordinarily be the stated purpose of an open forum like ours.

That being said, I consider censorship in any form to be utterly abhorrent, so I'll just roll my eyes and politely excuse myself. I have better things to be doing than to interrupt legitimate endeavours towards progressing our meta.
Honestly it just feels like Zelda players feel the need to take out their insecurities over their
character's "ineffectiveness". It baffles me because they clearly don't want Zelda to be considered
a joke or troll character, and yet do everything in their power to get others to feel that way.
They could also just be trying to make lots of noise in the hopes that developers will take notice
and apply buffs, but somehow this comes off as even more sad.

Zelda seems to get more hate from her players because there appears to be some preconceived
notions of her badassness (compared to say, Peach) that should make her rightfully a better fighter.
You don't see this kind of hate aside from people who dislike the character as whole from characters
like 64 Jigglypuff and Luigi or Melee Pichu and G&W since they're portrayed as goofy characters that
show no indication of being good fighters. (Mewtwo and Brawl Ganon are similar to Zelda in this regard).

She really seems to be designed to be very difficult to use properly but intensely rewarding
both inside and outside the game when you do get it right with her. Sadly her mains will have none
of that.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
One more point I wish to make before my brief departure 'til this whole charade cools off:

You can't make insults towards a particular character and then feel shocked and maligned when those insults are slung right back at your face. Likewise, fighting fire with fire is not the solution, as you then merely end up with a much bigger fire and nobody with the right mindset to put the damn thing out.

There is a simple premise here that humanity as a whole ought to understand, and a personal credo that I live my life by:

VIOLENCE BEGETS VIOLENCE.

Be it physical or emotional, jocular or serious, violence leads to more violence. Blood sheds blood, hatred births hatred. And it never stops until somebody refuses to strike back and instead says, "Enough." I find it immensely tragic that we as a community believe in lambasting the perspectives of others and passing it off under the veneer of "well it's all in good fun". There is a marked contrast between jovial quippery and legitimate fanning of the flames, and having lived with it all my life and still being the subject of it, I should think I am quite predisposed to ascertaining the difference between the two. Once more, though, I shall merely leave you with these words and say no more - it is not my duty to tell others what they can and can't do, but merely to suggest my own personal perspective, and I will not censor anybody who feels inclined to say what they believe is just. And that's that.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
LOL THIS IS ACTUALLY GETTING TOO FUNNY.

So is everything we must do has to be related to the game? So we aren't allowed to talk about anything other than the character we main? Why is it that when we were both at about 200 pages in our respective discussions before, and now we've hit 500+ pages and this place has barely gone anywhere?

If at all, these posts that are calling out the Zeldas who are just having fun and want to spread the derpiness around is toxic. Posting these just ends any possible enlightenment that could of happened here. I know I would be deterred to join a discussion if such seriousness arises.

I don't mind if you guys develop your metagame, that's a given, but in the end of the day, if that's all you care about, it feels more like a chore to do this, not by choice. We have fun with our GIFs and stupidness because we feel like actual people and not machines. We get to know each other better, get more new people to join us, AND develop our character's metagame in a fun way. We honestly don't give damns about people calling out our character, because we are open individuals that know the truth about our character and others. But that's why we want to bring some fun.

This is not hatred, not at all. It's the opposite, we want to share our love. But if you guys are going to be so dense about it, all we can say is that we are just water and oil, and it's incredibly unfortunate.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
LOL THIS IS ACTUALLY GETTING TOO FUNNY.

So is everything we must do has to be related to the game? So we aren't allowed to talk about anything other than the character we main? Why is it that when we were both at about 200 pages in our respective discussions before, and now we've hit 500+ pages and this place has barely gone anywhere?

If at all, these posts that are calling out the Zeldas who are just having fun and want to spread the derpiness around is toxic. Posting these just ends any possible enlightenment that could of happened here. I know I would be deterred to join a discussion if such seriousness arises.

I don't mind if you guys develop your metagame, that's a given, but in the end of the day, if that's all you care about, it feels more like a chore to do this, not by choice. We have fun with our GIFs and stupidness because we feel like actual people and not machines. We get to know each other better, get more new people to join us, AND develop our character's metagame in a fun way. We honestly don't give damns about people calling out our character, because we are open individuals that know the truth about our character and others. But that's why we want to bring some fun.

This is not hatred, not at all. It's the opposite, we want to share our love. But if you guys are going to be so dense about it, all we can say is that we are just water and oil, and it's incredibly unfortunate.
Nobody suggested anything to the contrary. I, for one, respect your right to do as you please with regards to your own character.

The issue, again in my own personal opinion, arises when you feel the need to routinely enter other people's discussion forums and deliberately incite trouble. I don't see the point. It's like going to your friend's house, breaking in, smearing jam all over their walls and then walking out again. Except then you'd be attracting flies and stuff and that's just unhygienic.

And in spite of how you may perceive it to be, it is inciting trouble. We've already seen earlier on today just how heated this can get when people don't understand what's going on and feel as though they're being subjugated. You're free to "spread the derpiness around" all you like - in fact, I actively encourage it! But I do feel as though you can do it in a way that is not intended to cause anger or incense others. That is malicious. And again, violence begets violence. That is sad. It should not have to be that way and I hope that it need not be that way in future.

Incidentally, you're not helping your case by using such phrases as "posting these ends any possible enlightenment" and "you guys are so dense about it". If there is an issue here, it's your refusal to accept that you may be at fault just as much as we are. Community values are not static, they are reciprocal and based on mutual care and affection. I wonder if it has ever occurred to you that, perhaps, some people just don't find your particular brand of humour to be endearing and actually find it quite disgusting. If we are to coexist, it must be on mutually agreed-upon terms. No forcing of values, no censoring of others' opinions, no haphazard raids, no wanton mud-slinging. That's my opinion. To each their own.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Hahaha, some of your facts are wrong, as we rarely do our so-called visits often. At the most, we'd be doing one every month or so. I'm sure that a lot of Palutena people here like AeroLink had a fun time, but of course we can't please everyone, such as select individuals here. I personally don't like your use of the word "violence" to describe our actions. We have no intentions of bringing harm to anybody, and just want to have some fun, but considering it violence that fuels the fire is relatively inappropriate to describe this, no anger is really attempted to be made either. Trouble? Sure, there's trouble, but that's when everyone feels the need to interact.

I definitely agree with you on your last sentence that a community should be accepting. I'm sure you don't mean to sound this way, but your opinion does not equate to the community's opinion either. I can say the same thing back at you that some people don't find this humour disgusting but rather enlightening, but to each of their own. I do take back my previous statements on calling out some people here dense, because the intention was to relieve the seriousness and have more openness around here. The effectiveness of this visit is up to the person themselves.

We build our community through fun and social interactions. You build your community your way. We just want to come visit to get to know more people and get some entertainment out of it, not force you to do things our way. Come visit if you want and see if it floats your boat, we are very open to new people.

If you plan a raid, be sure to do it right though. Our place is worse than lunatic mode bullet hell. :^)

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Hahaha, some of your facts are wrong, as we rarely do our so-called visits often. At the most, we'd be doing one every month or so. I'm sure that a lot of Palutena people here like AeroLink had a fun time, but of course we can't please everyone, such as select individuals here. I personally don't like your use of the word "violence" to describe our actions. We have no intentions of bringing harm to anybody, and just want to have some fun, but considering it violence that fuels the fire is relatively inappropriate to describe this, no anger is really attempted to be made either. Trouble? Sure, there's trouble, but that's when everyone feels the need to interact.

I definitely agree with you on your last sentence that a community should be accepting. I'm sure you don't mean to sound this way, but your opinion does not equate to the community's opinion either. I can say the same thing back at you that some people don't find this humour disgusting but rather enlightening, but to each of their own. I do take back my previous statements on calling out some people here dense, because the intention was to relieve the seriousness and have more openness around here. The effectiveness of this visit is up to the person themselves.

We build our community through fun and social interactions. You build your community your way. We just want to come visit to get to know more people and get some entertainment out of it, not force you to do things our way. Come visit if you want and see if it floats your boat, we are very open to new people.

If you plan a raid, be sure to do it right though. Our place is worse than lunatic mode bullet hell. :^)
And that's the crux of the issue here. Neither of us represents the will of the community, and neither of us is a transcendent moral authority. We're just people speaking out minds, and it's okay to disagree in that respect.

I never cited what I said as facts, merely observations. I have noticed you conducting raids before, and this is not a new opinion on my part. I have always found them trivial and distasteful. I am in no way telling you that your behaviour is morally wrong, though, merely expressing my distaste at your actions. As I say, it's like breaking and entering your friend's house and smearing jam on their walls. If it happened to me, I'd be a bit miffed that there is now jam and flies on my walls, but I wouldn't actively hunt down that friend and nail them to a cross for their actions, either. You can't control what other people will do and I personally wouldn't want to. I'd certainly hope that they meant nothing by it and still consider them a friend irrespective of what they did and why they did it.

Like I said, I'm not telling you to stop or that it's wrong. But this is an open forum and free expression is encouraged. Ergo, my right to express my opinion pertaining to your habitual raids is perfectly justified, as is your right to come in and raid us in the first place. This is not a dictatorship and I will not censor your right to do whatever the hell you please, so long as it doesn't harm others and doesn't break the site's rules.

I should further clarify that my remark pertaining to violence was not directed at you or anybody in particular, but merely at the general sense of tension that existed previously in this thread. Insulting people is never justified and insulting somebody right back is just as abhorrent and morally reprehensible. I can respect that you're at least willing to be open-minded and friendly about it, and I apologise in kind if I seemed to be getting on my high horse about the whole thing. There's only so much piss and vinegar one can take before they have to let it all out, though, and I should like to think that the latter half of my original message - to wit: I will not censor your opinion - is duly considered as the sharpened edge of my bladed tongue.

All I'm saying is, I don't think it's very nice to come in and start making fun of somebody's favourite character like that. I know it was meant in jest and no ill will was intended, but if I have learned anything in this respect, it's that misunderstandings are very easy to occur when tensions are high and nobody wants to be the first one to blink. I've burned many bridges in the past by being too stubborn and thin-skinned with others, so if I offended you with my statement, I'm really and truly sorry and I hope we can still be friends at the end of the day. :3

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Honestly, anybody should not be worried about offending me, as I take things super chill. I'm actually a super nice guy, surprisingly, even though I sound awful online. Just part of the Zelda blood I have.

If you feel sorry, don't, because I'll re-sass this place to take back your statement. :^)

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Well, this discussion seems to be going rather well, even though the base of it could've led to its entirety toppling over.

In other discussion, what do each of you think ha best tilt is? To accidentally use :secretkpop: Fuujin asked me once about it and now I wanted to see what other actual Palu players thoughT.

Last edited:

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Can't believe I missed yet another raid. Disappointing.

Tuna and seaweed hair jokes can never be overdone, silly Palus.

Honestly it just feels like Zelda players feel the need to take out their insecurities over their
character's "ineffectiveness". It baffles me because they clearly don't want Zelda to be considered
a joke or troll character, and yet do everything in their power to get others to feel that way.
They could also just be trying to make lots of noise in the hopes that developers will take notice
and apply buffs, but somehow this comes off as even more sad.

Zelda seems to get more hate from her players because there appears to be some preconceived
notions of her badassness (compared to say, Peach) that should make her rightfully a better fighter.
You don't see this kind of hate aside from people who dislike the character as whole from characters
like 64 Jigglypuff and Luigi or Melee Pichu and G&W since they're portrayed as goofy characters that
show no indication of being good fighters. (Mewtwo and Brawl Ganon are similar to Zelda in this regard).

She really seems to be designed to be very difficult to use properly but intensely rewarding
both inside and outside the game when you do get it right with her. Sadly her mains will have none
of that.
Ooh, generalizations.

Aren't you feeling good about yourself?

In other discussion, what do each of you think ha best tilt is? To accidentally use :secretkpop: Fuujin asked me once about it and now I wanted to see what other actual Palu players thoughT.
Dtilt, no question. It's a slight-better version of Ike's Dtilt.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Well, this discussion seems to be going rather well, even though the base of it could've led to its entirety toppling over.

If I had to choose, I would say Zelda's Up tilt for the most part. Love the Up tilt > Up tilt > Nair combos.

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Is there even a question? dtilt is the best mostly cause its actually usable.

ftilt and utilt are the moves I do if I want to wish I had done something else...

also nobody noticed that they are patching our things? :/

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Can't believe I missed yet another raid. Disappointing.

Tuna and seaweed hair jokes can never be overdone, silly Palus.

Ooh, generalizations.

Aren't you feeling good about yourself?
Well, I don't know. Maybe it was a legit question?

Just please tell your friends not to just claim Zelda's superiority in any matter during future raids you might do.
It's a good way of making others think less of you.

Top Bottom