• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
@ kmpyj kmpyj wait.. could you maybe explain it a little further? What I'm seeing is... if you activate Auto Reticle at the same time that you're being attacked, you become invincible during it? What's the timing like.. does autoreticle have to activate the frame you get hit, or a frame before, or?

Is the invincibility like a power shield, where it blocks an attack until the attack is over?
To be honest, I'm not too certain myself. This happened randomly while I was fighting a Captain Falcon player in For Glory. It seems to work at the startup of auto reticle, but when I first experienced this on that Captain Falcon player, Palutena already had auto reticle out. While I can assure you that close to the starting frames of auto reticle somewhere there has to be an invisible frame or two, I also think she has an invisible frame the moment she actually begins to fire auto reticle as well. That's what happened to me when Captain Falcon tried to dash attack me. I'm not too sure about that one, but the first one I mentioned is a definite.

However, I wouldn't get too wrapped up in this, because the risk is greater than the reward. But I thought it was worth mentioning.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
However, I wouldn't get too wrapped up in this, because the risk is greater than the reward. But I thought it was worth mentioning.
Yeah, I was trying to think of the applications for this, and the only thing I can think of is that it'd be a quicker form of Counter? One that doesn't kill and always does the same amount of damage.

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
Heyo everyone! I thought I would join this thread since Palutena is one of my 3 mains in smash 4.
I main her because she has a very unique moveset especially with customs on, plus I love kid icarus uprising! So why do you guys main Palutena?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Reposting from other thread.

You know, when you really think about it, if Iwata wasn't around back then, Kid Icarus Uprising probably would of never happened.

He actually played a big part in its conception. He knew that Sakurai didn't want to just make another Smash game, so together they came up with a concept for a game that would switch between aerial and grounded combat.

So in a way...Iwata helped bring back both Pit and Palutena. RIP, my good man.

Last edited:

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
So does anyone know if customs are here to stay in the competitive scene much longer after EVO? Many people speculate that they won't but I haven't really gotten a solid source of information that.

My main reason for asking is because in my Scene where customs are allowed I continued to play Default Palutena (and still did pretty well for the most part whenever I could actually make it to the tournaments). I'm just wondering If I should start getting used to playing with Customs if they are going to be here to stay. Almost no point in unnecessarily struggling when I have many more options I could be going to which will probably produce better results.

Regardless of what happens. Palutena forever ^.^

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I'm in MI, one of the top/biggest regions, and while west MI uses customs, east MI is where it's at and the TOs really don't like customs / you can really feel the difficulty and logistic problems with customs. It's not impossible but it would take a lot of effort. Early on things were optimistic and hopeful, but with the way things are now, it really would be a tedious chore to make the transition, and to keep it going. Unfortunately =/ I hope though that in the future, a ruleset allowing Miis at least to some extent and Palutena with customs would be allowed.

ZeroSnipist

Smash Apprentice
Hey Palutena players! We from the Ryu boards are making a doubles thread. The purpose of the thread is to find the best partner for Ryu. I'm going to invite as many people I can at once and get discussions going on all at once. We invite you to our dojo and hope you could help us discuss Paluetena and Ryu in doubles. Thank you in advance!

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So does anyone know if customs are here to stay in the competitive scene much longer after EVO? Many people speculate that they won't but I haven't really gotten a solid source of information that.

My main reason for asking is because in my Scene where customs are allowed I continued to play Default Palutena (and still did pretty well for the most part whenever I could actually make it to the tournaments). I'm just wondering If I should start getting used to playing with Customs if they are going to be here to stay. Almost no point in unnecessarily struggling when I have many more options I could be going to which will probably produce better results.

Regardless of what happens. Palutena forever ^.^
I know my college scene will keep them (thank you K.I.DGoggles~) but my local scene isn't. Which sucks, but being forced to play default Palu reminded me why I fell in love with her. And exposed just how bad I was with her... Maybe I should take a break from ZSS and work on my Palu game.

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
I know my college scene will keep them (thank you K.I.DGoggles~) but my local scene isn't. Which sucks, but being forced to play default Palu reminded me why I fell in love with her. And exposed just how bad I was with her... Maybe I should take a break from ZSS and work on my Palu game.
ZSS is my secondary....She is significantly worse than my Palutena despite her strengths. Its almost depressing cause she was my best character on brawl. I need to show her more love >.<

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Is anyone at EVO playing Palutena?

If there was ever a time to show the world what she's got, it's now.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Is anyone at EVO playing Palutena?

If there was ever a time to show the world what she's got, it's now.
Someone (Whom I didn't recognize the tag.) was repping maroon dress PaleTuna and iirc they handily beat a Luigi player on stream. Whether they were eliminated I don't not know atm.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Someone (Whom I didn't recognize the tag.) was repping maroon dress PaleTuna and iirc they handily beat a Luigi player on stream. Whether they were eliminated I don't not know atm.
Baller.

Have to keep an eye out for Blood Pally, then~

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Trevonte got to 25 at EVO with Palutena.

Decent result overall. Hopefully customs will continue to be considered in future events and Palutena will continue to develop and thrive as a character!

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This thread needs more BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODDESS~

By which I mean post-EVO discussion.

I'm hoping we can come to a communal consensus as to where we're gonna go with customs in the near future. EVO was the yardstick for a serious discussion, so we need to stop moving the goalposts and get to work.

We've taken a step, which I am happy with. Whether it's a step in the right direction, who's to say, though it's in a direction, and that is something very, very good.

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
How was EVO? Who did you beat/lose too? Any MM's or friendlies that you played vs other top players?
He lost to john numbers in winners, then he got timed out by trevonte in game 3 with people being noisy during their game

Sucks that aerolink and trevonte had to meet in bracket, and though they had to knock each other out, Trevonte wasn't even maining palu for evo =/

BrazenBee

Smash Rookie
He lost to john numbers in winners, then he got timed out by trevonte in game 3 with people being noisy during their game

Sucks that aerolink and trevonte had to meet in bracket, and though they had to knock each other out, Trevonte wasn't even maining palu for evo =/
At least he still did well by the sounds of it. Aero's always pretty hype to watch. Shame that there didn't seem to be many Palus at EVO generally though.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Hopefully customs can go away now :ohwell:

I don't even care if it makes Palutena a better character. She still suffers from a majority of the same stuff even with customs. I'd rather just have characters get buffed properly. Though relying on buffs to be good is kinda fraudulent imo.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I still don't understand why everything needs to be so black-and-white, all-or-nothing. We don't HAVE to "get rid of customs", just treat it like a different format like Doubles or something. There are plenty of people who main custom characters and people who vastly prefer/only enjoy playing with them on, and I feel anti-custom folks just like to forget that.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
Personally, I don't mind customs. It adds variety to the characters. Even though I don't use them much, I wouldn't mind to see where the competitive scene can take them. So I have no objections.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My brother just happened to find a Meta Knight amiibo in a local toy store, then subsequently got me a Palutenamiibo by searching the website of said toy store.

Based Palutena~ <3

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Really now? Is that a good thing? I'm curious if I could be helpful in some way.
Late reply, but yes! I'm actually going to be working on a data thread similar to my own Zelda "Great Fairy Fountain II" thread, but for Palutena, and like that thread, I was gonna look for a good banner picture for the top, and I liked that one. :3

PS IT'S CONFUSING WITHOUT EXPLANATIONS! HER DATA IS PRETTY MUCH THE EPITOME OF ODD QUIRKS.

FORWARD TILT
--
Palutena sweeps her arm forward, levitating and spinning her staff in front of her.

Move Name|Hit Frames|FAF|Damage|Angle|KO Potential
Staff Fantasia|17-39 (rehit rate: 10 frames.) |68|6% (Staff, head) / 4% (Staff, base) |Sakurai Angle|N/A
Complex Data Table
hit-box|hit-frame|duration|ID|GID|bone|damage|angle|BKB|WKB|KBG|size|z/y/x|element|hit-lag|SDI|clank?|shield damage|notes
Staff, head hitbox|17|23F|0|0|980|6.0|361|43|0|100|3.8|z=0, y=5.5, x=0|none|×1.0|×1.0|yes*|1|rehit rate: 10F / only hits the direction Palutena is facing
Staff, tail hitbox|17|23F|1|0|980|4.0|361|43|0|100|2.5|z=0, y=-5.5, x=0|none|×1.0|×1.0|yes*|1|rehit rate: 10F / only hits the direction Palutena is facing
(Words go here.)

DOWN TILT
--
While crouching, Palutena levitates her staff just above the ground and spins it around.

Staff Sweep|14-24|41|8.5% (Ground) / 5% (Air) |Sakurai Angle (Ground) / 70 (Air) |???
Complex Data Table
hit-box|hit-frame|duration|ID|GID|bone|damage|angle|BKB|WKB|KBG|size|z/y/x|element|hit-lag|SDI|clank?|shield damage|notes
Hitbox 1|14|11F|0|0|980|8.5|361|40|0|100|2.8|z=0, y=8, x=0 / z=0, y=-7, x=0|none|×1.0|×1.0|yes*|1|stretchy hitbox / only hits grounded targets
Hitbox 2|14|11F|1|0|980|5.0|70|40|0|100|1.9|z=0, y=3, x=0 / z=0, y=-2, x=0|none|×1.0|×1.0|yes*|1|stretchy hitbox / only hits airborne targets
(Words go here.)

UP TILT
--
Palutena quickly ducks down and levitates her staff above her, spinning it and dealing multiple hits.

Baton Twirl|10-38, 41-42 (Loop hitbox rehit rate: 5 frames.) |68|1.2 + 1.2 + 1.2 + 1.2 + 1.2 + 1.2 + 1.2 + 2.5/1.5 = 9.7% or 8.7% (2.5% in front, 1.5% in the back) |85 (Final hit) |???
Complex Data Table

As you can see, there are still things that need to be covered, such as the 1-2 small paragraphs that outline quirks or notes outside of outright data, and I'm missing the 1.0.8 data for Utilt, which is apparently quite different from the old data, but once I have most of these tables' frames finished (Such as what you see here.) then I'll probably make a thread! I linked the thread above so if any of you want to get a feel for how it would be. Also, terminology for the tables can be found there.

FOR THE GOOD SIS FUUJIN! Hmm, huh? :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
@ BJN39 BJN39
You have my permission to use it, and thank you for asking. Just be sure to give me credit for taking the snapshot (gotta watch out for art thieves), though I know I had more elsewhere.
Anyways, what Palu color do you plan on using? I'd recommend choosing my precious Dark Blue Palu (like the one in my avy) or something, but it's up to you really. It be your project. I believe it's reviewing Palu's move data in general?

If you wish for my assistance, feel free to let me know if you want, easier to get me on Skype or contact me in PM (for latter's easier). I may not be as active as I used to be, but may still be useful in a way... at least I think I am.
:4palutena: For Palu's goodness.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Default Palutena is For Glory viable but will never be competitively viable. We have no answers to Sheik and dealing with the other top tiers is absolutely inefficient. I am a hardcore Palutena advocate/main but that's the truth that all of us need to accept.

For those who think Default Palutena normals will be getting very decent buffs, think again. Palutena's crappy normals are designed around Lighweight as the foundation. D-air will always be crappy 1 frame tiny hitbox, F-tilt will always be slow start up huge end lag with terrible priority, all smash attacks will always be laggy, and dash attack/grab will always have huge end lag as well because all the terrible properties of her moves keep Lightweight in check.

I think the best decision Sakurai can do for Palutena is at least replace default palutena's counter with Lightweight. Then all her crappy normals become tolerable and makes perfect sense. But he won't change the default. And he's most certainly not going to balance Palutena around her current 1111 specials.

Ironic how Lightweight ultimately will be holding Palutena back.

The Golden Days of Palutena at least existed, and they were truly golden on TourneyLocator with Aerolink's amazing advancement and results with custom Palutena. I'm glad Aerolink did justice on this amazing character with customs placing first a bunch of times!

Those were and will only be the days of Palutena. RIP

Top Bottom