• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Reasons to main Palutana: If you get scared, you can always just taunt for that pole dancing "goodness"

I mean damn, keep it conservative seaweed hair..

Last edited:

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
She's pretty conservative considering she's loosely based off greek goddesses and mythology where they're known for just casually letting their nips hang and they're dongles dangle for all to see.

sources: I still see these statues everywhere

Last edited:

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
She's pretty conservative considering she's loosely based off greek goddesses and mythology where they're known for just casually letting their nips hang and they're dongles dangle for all to see.

sources: I still see these statues everywhere
I mean.. it wouldn't be as bad as her hair at least.

Last edited:

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I hope Palutena's awful amiibo gets announced on tonights nintendo direct. I can't wait to see her misaligned eyes and non detailed belt and shield and etc.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
It kinda seems like poor little Palu tried to steal our fair, and just utterly failed.
I hope Palutena's awful amiibo gets announced on tonights nintendo direct. I can't wait to see her misaligned eyes and non detailed belt and shield and etc.
etc being seaweed hair. Made with REAL seaweed! can you imagine that?

That joke is too old now, I'm sorry..

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
Palutena is just too detailed a character for an amiibo, even in game it's not amazing, the texture on her hair is awful, yeah it does look like seaweed because of that damn awful texturing. You can do better Nintendo.

It's a shame as well because I love her design, the stuff on her belt is cool, my favourite touhou character has one of the same symbols as her belt buckle, wish I knew what it was called so I could actually understand what it symbolises.

faderpotater

Smash Apprentice
Yeah her hair is not the best looking. It moves kinda stiff, though making hair that long move naturally would be a gigantic pain in the butt.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I'm studying 2D and 3D animation at college right now so I can safely say that even modelling that kind of hair is huge pain in the ass. Still though, it looks really bad even understanding why, it really lacks any depth, they could have maybe used a bump map on the texture to try and give it some depth but I don't think that would make it look more like hair, just like her blob was bumpy.

3D modelling is hard, 3D animation is just as hard but damnnnnn.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Okay real talk though I low key main Palutana and do love her even if she attempted to steal our fair

faderpotater

Smash Apprentice
Okay real talk though I low key main Palutana and do love her even if she attempted to steal our fair
I wish she would have attempted to steal it a bit more successfully. Imagine the zelda point with the reliability of Palutena dthrow.

Zediwonder I do agree Nintendo definitely shouldn't settle on the quality. They have their reputation for a reason, they shouldn't get lazy with it.

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
I wish she would have attempted to steal it a bit more successfully. Imagine the zelda point with the reliability of Palutena dthrow.
R.I.P. everyone if that happened. I guess Palutana is kinda a secondary for me, I don't consider myself TOO good with her, but I think I'm decent? I don't know xD

faderpotater

Smash Apprentice
R.I.P. everyone if that happened. I guess Palutana is kinda a secondary for me, I don't consider myself TOO good with her, but I think I'm decent? I don't know xD
Hey the important part is you have some fun playing her right? Think we have a little room for more palutena players as it is anyway haha.

Also Machiatto I didn't know you were joining Fireemblemfreak to form a duo, but your antics made me chuckle a few times.

faderpotater

Smash Apprentice
A goddess that can't even create life.. hmm.. sounds like a phoney
Well they never explain where centurions came from. The other main gods/goddesses in the kid icarus series make their armies, but Viridi makes hers from nature and Hades causes a horrible upset in the balance of the world by making his.

faderpotater

Smash Apprentice
lol we've been planning to steal page 200 and raid for a week so me fireemblemfreak and blue crow just went ahead and raided early
Ahh I did notice Bluecrow seemed really enthusiastic about page 200. Seems like I chose to become active on the boards at a fun time.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Well they never explain where centurions came from. The other main gods/goddesses in the kid icarus series make their armies, but Viridi makes hers from nature and Hades causes a horrible upset in the balance of the world by making his.
And kirby can eat everyone, make them an ally, or take their powers. Your point?

Fireemblemfreak

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fireemblemfreak
3DS FC
3024-6545-1788
Unfortunately, it seems most of the active members from the Zeldaboards are gone atm.

faderpotater

Smash Apprentice
And kirby can eat everyone, make them an ally, or take their powers. Your point?
Point is upsmash works well on floaties like kirby. :p

Really sorry to hear that fireemblem, I am surprised that the palutena boards had as much activity as they did. I have been on the boards here off and on during my P.M. days but wasn't into it enough to get super involved. Then Smash 4 came out and I guess you can say I'm really feeling it.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Point is upsmash works well on floaties like kirby. :p

Really sorry to hear that fireemblem, I am surprised that the palutena boards had as much activity as they did. I have been on the boards here off and on during my P.M. days but wasn't into it enough to get super involved. Then Smash 4 came out and I guess you can say I'm really feeling it.
Uair strings work on pallytuna as well

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
Palutena be breaking the rules.
You're not allowed to use 2 attack powers at once.:awesome:
Palutena is a goddess she can literally do what she wants, who's going to stop her? Zelda? She can't even do anything without THREE entire goddesses.

faderpotater

Smash Apprentice
I actually need to try and sleep before I have work haha, I accidentally stayed up all night again. :/ Also I would love to play you sometime but be warned it seems to be a consensus among the pally mains right now that online matches seem really hard on Palutena as it throws off our precision, and with how easy it is to punish Palutena on most of her moves precision is a big deal. When I get back from work though at 6 Eastern time I can Pm you and work out a match or two if you'd like.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
And so a mere several hours later the 200th page past, Zelda players returned to their holes in the ground and the epic saga of raiding the Palutena social thread was forgotten.

Top Bottom