• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
I've had a few instances where dash attack has reflected a projectile. Also one instance where reflect spiked Robin out of elwind during patch 1.02
The second one makes sense. You just reflected and hit Robin with the sweetspot of Elwind. Reverse their trajectory doesn't make them not spike anymore. (It seems to happen with Mega Man's dair too)

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
Managed to become a little bit better with Palutena by playing less aggressively and instead waiting for the enemy to make mistakes.

Still got problems with not knowing what way I'm facing from time to time so instead of doing a bair I do a fair, or I do a ftilt/smash in the wrong direction.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
My wii u id is kamuscoca. Anybody wants to play feel free to add me :bee: i'm still not used to the wii u pro controller though. I'm from Vietnam, btw :rolleyes:

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Managed to become a little bit better with Palutena by playing less aggressively and instead waiting for the enemy to make mistakes.

Still got problems with not knowing what way I'm facing from time to time so instead of doing a bair I do a fair, or I do a ftilt/smash in the wrong direction.
How is it possible to do a tilt or smash attack in the wrong direction? You literally have to tilt the stick in the direction that you want regardless of which way you are facing :p

Last edited:

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
How is it possible to do a tilt or smash attack in the wrong direction? You literally have to tilt the stick in the direction that you want regardless of which way you are facing :p
It sure sounds weird of me when you put it that way! But that's what happens for whatever reason. I do smash attacks the wrong direction then I actually intended.

Otherwise I think it's like, I become too stressed under pressure and makes more wrong than right. I want to believe I do right when I actually do wrong, thinking that I did an attack in a certain direction when I actually tilted the stick the other direction all this time xP

But as said, it's something to keep improving on and keep training!

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
So I did a bunch of testing with Reflect and can confirm what I thought was true, it does not act like a wall, teleporting characters will simply go through it like nothing.

I tested it out on Zelda, Shiek, Palutena, Metaknight and Greninja.

If you space it right Zelda, Shiek and Palutena will end their warp on the reflect you might be able to use this to ledge guard them but it's pretty perfect timing. Greninja is interesting in that from just the right distance if they use substitute you can punish it with reflect, using autoreticle (which why would you counter autoreticle but w/e) I was able to reflect afterwards and hit greninja out of the attack. Shadow sneak on the other hand is dangerous to try and reflect, if it's right at the end reflect will still work but they can continue going through and will punish it easily if you mistime it, it's simply a safer option to jab, smash or pretty much anything over using reflect in that situation.

Metaknights cape just goes through no matter what, the only way reflect will ever work is if the opponent spaces poorly in which case you would punish with a KO move or something else anyway.

Reflect is pretty gimmicky overall, you can punish shielding with it which is pretty dang awesome and maybe if you're lucky you can time it just right to knock someone just out of reach of the ledge.

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
Out of all amiibos, Palutena really has to be the hardest one to create.

She got so many small accessories and whatnot, and her floating aura will probably not be in the figure either.

I really do wonder how low quality they will make her.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Out of all amiibos, Palutena really has to be the hardest one to create.

She got so many small accessories and whatnot, and her floating aura will probably not be in the figure either.

I really do wonder how low quality they will make her.
I really hope they don't Marth it up, it would be nice to have a quality figure of Palutena.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
Reflect on Diddy's Side special is actually pretty neat, he'll go over it most of the time and you can punish it when they go over, we tested to see if Diddy could do any aerials from it and they're mostly stuck. It's still pretty strict timing but a lot more lenient than reflecting teleports and it can be used at pretty much any spacing. I need to do testing on his up special but that might be a really good way to exploit it's kind of overall dodgey nature.

Palutena's Amiibo is going to be awful unless they cut back on as much detail as possible, I pray that she doesn't have a super bad face but let's face it... It's gonna have a poorly made face. Also look out for defects with 2 rods instead of 1 to sell for $2500

Edit: For the most part Diddy's up special recovery goes over reflect as well, I wasn't able to test it as much as I like at the moment and need to do some more, there might be a way to punish it if they use it below the stage. This still means you can punish Diddy going over Reflect but it's also a lot more dangerous because of the exploding barrels, punish at your own risk.

Last edited:

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
Managed to place second in a tournament yesterday. Lost to a Falcon by the name of Fatality in grand finals and Winners quarters. Unfortunately there wasn't a stream :(

What do you guys think about Goddess vs Falcon? I feel like its a rather even matchup that is HEAVILY based on movement.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Back to having crap tier internet again for this weekend, hence lack of streaming. Had someone come to my place to replace all my cables and hardware the day before I streamed last time and it was alright but not 100% it seemed.

Now I can't even play League of Legends or any other online game without a ludicrous amount of input lag.

So it's basically offline play... which isn't exactly great when you live really far from most of the Smash players in your state (60+ minute drive). Yup...

Hate everything.

Edit: Before anyone asks the obvious questions, I pay for the best service I can get in my area in terms of speeds and I only have access to 1 ISP (Comcast) because everyone else in the area is locked out due to a contract signed some ungodly long time ago by some jerkfaces.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, anyone want to fight tomorrow at around 9:30-11:00 pm? I haven't really played as my custom Palutena as much as I would like to, and I would definitely like some practice. Just to let you know ahead of time, I am not the best when it comes to Smash.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
While I'm glad that we get to keep our tricks if 1.04 is the last balance patch, I'll still be annoyed that Diddy isn't nerfed. On thr bright side, Palutena will still be an uncommon character with some potential in her in the right hands.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
Palutena definitely has the highest potential for shenanigans default or custom. I was really hoping they'd make Palutena's smashes less laggy, though that probably would have already been patched in 1.0.4. Palutena has no ground game, accidental whiffs or a mistimed sh aerial just mean a bad day for all Palutena players. At least we get to keep our precious glitches unlike Greninja.

TheRealPalutena

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty happy and sad about no future updates.

The good side is that the Meta will be able to evolve. The bad side is having to deal with Diddy Upair <.<

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
I think Sakurai said he won't update unless there is a glaring issue, and Diddy Kong is one.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I'm sure we'll be doing some friendlies and I certainly wouldn't mind a new cd if they've released another one from his church group
Yo bro I'm so sorry I didn't make it. Hit me up on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gerradwalker or my cell: 937-694-3558 if you have questions. Also, God gives me the ideas & I make the CDs so yeah next time I will be sure to bring them to the next tournament. Sunday events are kinda hard for me to go too.

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
Back to having crap tier internet again for this weekend, hence lack of streaming. Had someone come to my place to replace all my cables and hardware the day before I streamed last time and it was alright but not 100% it seemed.

Now I can't even play League of Legends or any other online game without a ludicrous amount of input lag.

So it's basically offline play... which isn't exactly great when you live really far from most of the Smash players in your state (60+ minute drive). Yup...

Hate everything.

Edit: Before anyone asks the obvious questions, I pay for the best service I can get in my area in terms of speeds and I only have access to 1 ISP (Comcast) because everyone else in the area is locked out due to a contract signed some ungodly long time ago by some jerkfaces.
I was spying for your stream whole Saturday but it never appeared, I now know why!

Hopefully it will become more stable for you soon enough, so I can learn more from your Palutena streams when they appear~

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
I was spying for your stream whole Saturday but it never appeared, I now know why!

Hopefully it will become more stable for you soon enough, so I can learn more from your Palutena streams when they appear~
Yeah, I can't really help it. I called the executive at Comcast who has been working with me recently and told him things are back to being problematic. It's really obnoxious that I can't do anything. I hope things are fixed by this weekend. Honestly about to just go to a friend's house and stream from there or something.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yo bro I'm so sorry I didn't make it. Hit me up on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gerradwalker or my cell: 937-694-3558 if you have questions. Also, God gives me the ideas & I make the CDs so yeah next time I will be sure to bring them to the next tournament. Sunday events are kinda hard for me to go too.
It's no problem, something came up so I went to an event instate since I'd have arrived far past the time for singles lol. But yeah next time there is an event that doesn't conflict with my military or big tournament schedule we should def talk again.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
It isn't a bad thing if Palutena is underused (I like it when hardly anyone use the characters I use anyhow). Being underused means that people won't know what to expect and, as was said, in the right hands Palutena will come out on top.

I'm annoyed that no balance patch will be in the works. I can't stand how Palutena's auto-reticle focuses on Olimar's Pikmin.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
What you said, and that Diddy is still cheap. Aside from me hating tiers, I just don't like how some characters stay on the higher ups on multiple games, example being Marth for Melee & Brawl. But at least Palutena being uncommon makes her more special and amazing, not to mention her being hard to use makes the challenge of mastering her more amazing.

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
I'm not too worried for the moment. Tournaments will likely shift to customs-legal by this time next year, if not by next summer, and Palutena's got enough tricks up her sleeves that I don't see her doing too bad in the meantime. There may be more we don't yet know.

Learning that her tilts don't rebound for example was a nice little breakthrough in my own play. Nothing revolutionary, but knowing that I can simultaneously shut down and punish sloppy approaches with a well-placed tilt is handy and sheds some light on the thought processes behind her frame data. The more we learn, the better everything fits into a cohesive whole.

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
I'm kinda glad that there isn't going to be anymore balancing patches....at least for Palutena. I love using those neat tricks that I come to love so much. Although, some frame adjustments would be nice.

Other news, did you guys hear about that hidden Palutena's Guidence? I'm not sure if it is meant for Mewtwo or not, but it sounds interesting if it isn't. Not getting any hopes up though, but just calmly watching.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm not big about the hidden guidance thing. While I still like hearing Pit and Palutena have their conversations, I hope it isn't Mewtwo, because I don't like him. Alas, let's hope good things will come for our Goddess. I'm still eager for the Palutena Party I want to plan just before New Year's, of course with tons of Celestial Fireworks.

Plus I wonder if I can find a way to get snapshots to my comp without an SD reader. It'd be nice to get back into enjoying taking some snapshots for a change.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I don't get the hype behind Mewtwo, wasn't he really crappy in Melee anyway? Just get rid of it and give us Dark Palutena or Palutwona.

Last edited:

Eisal

Smash Apprentice
I'd say Mewtwo is big because, well, he is the original Pokémon that was the strongest. Nostalgia stuff.

I think he is cool, and hopefully he will not be a Lucario clone that was a clone of Mewtwo before him.

Other than that, I think I'm doing good with Palutena, learning a lot from playing with her.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I just want a more original character than Mewtwo, we've seen what he can do before, why not make the DLC an interesting character, especially since I bought both games for it.

Palutena was actually an unexpected addition to the roster, same with Duck Hunt Dog. Why go back to what we've already done.

Basically what I'm saying is where is Bayonetta.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm gonna have to stop this Bayonetta thing mainly because I'm not gonna have "roster talk" cause a lot of conflicts again. You know how crazy some ppl can get when it comes to that topic, and I consider it one of the most hazardous ones of all. While I understand everyone has their wants (some being impossible and ridiculous), that time for it is over. I apologize.
On the other side, this year is coming to an end, and I'm glad when it comes soon, for I've considered this year cursed.

Zediwonder

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZediWonder
3DS FC
5069-5322-3120
I was mostly joking, this is the Palutena board though so it's best not to stray off topic.

Though I highly doubt it'll ever be official in tournaments or anything, has anyone tried out the smooth lander badge with high gravity on Palutena? I haven't been able to get the badge in 3ds and going through and unlocking all the Wii u customs is also a chore. Might be fun to mess around with in casuals, maybe it can be used as a Project M counterpart for Smash 4.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No idea on equipment. However, I recently tested Speed Crasher on her, and you can do so much with it on her. Crash Run to Dash Attack, N-air, F-air, B-air, D-air spike, U-smash, and even to "turn-around F-smash" or "shield-break" single jab at certain percents. It's like a Super Speed setup whenever you want, though not for recovery. But just think if someone uses a laggy move and misses, crash into em and do one of those pretty followups at the right percents.

EDIT: Even Crash to "run off stage to U-air" works, or at least to me it does.
I wonder how good she'd be with certain equipment really.

Last edited:

kmpyj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kmpyj1
3DS FC
1032-1329-6718
Switch FC
SW-4997-6150-9210
For me, I'm currently fooling around with the smooth Lander equipment. Makes things extra fun in special smash with high gravity. :estatic: Sad because I probably shouldn't become too attached to that, but at least I still have my brother.

Top Bottom