• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Do you guys really want Palutena's reveal trailer to related to Pit? I mean, seriously? She already interact with him a lot during Uprising. It doesn't need to be Ridley, but she better interact with some random weird Nintendo character in her reveal trailer. Little Mac interacting with Samus was great. Charizard vs Mario, Samus, Olimar, etc with Greninja being a **** throwing a water shuriken right in their faces was great. Lastly, Luma interacting with Kirby was very cute. So yeah, I want something similar for Palutena. Pit will obviously be in the trailer, but I don't want he to be the focus.
I very strongly agree with this. Sure, Little Mac had Doc Louis giving him help, but what made the thing golden was seeing him with Sandbag and Samus. It makes him a part of the Smash canon.

I want the same for Palutena. She already interacts with Pit in her game, let her interact with others. Heck, let her interact with Fox so he can be in a trailer for once.

Actually, that would be amazing. Start a trailer with Fox in his arwing fighting a bunch of monsters, then they zoom out to him fighting Hewdraw or something of that sort. But before he can do anything a huge beam of light just obliterates the monster. Shocked, he looks around and sees Palutena floating. Cue cheesy one liner about her entering the fight, and bam, trailer.
Extra points for trolling the whole Nintendo fanbase into thinking it was a Star Fox game for Wii U.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I very strongly agree with this. Sure, Little Mac had Doc Louis giving him help, but what made the thing golden was seeing him with Sandbag and Samus. It makes him a part of the Smash canon.

I want the same for Palutena. She already interacts with Pit in her game, let her interact with others. Heck, let her interact with Fox so he can be in a trailer for once.

Actually, that would be amazing. Start a trailer with Fox in his arwing fighting a bunch of monsters, then they zoom out to him fighting Hewdraw or something of that sort. But before he can do anything a huge beam of light just obliterates the monster. Shocked, he looks around and sees Palutena floating. Cue cheesy one liner about her entering the fight, and bam, trailer.
Extra points for trolling the whole Nintendo fanbase into thinking it was a Star Fox game for Wii U.
Now that you mention, where the hell is Fox? Nintendo really doesn't give a rat ass about him anymore. lol

Your idea sounds really good. And I don't even like Star Fox.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
How many of her moves do you think will come from her boss fight? I hope we get that pillar of light as a dash attack.

rpgcaster

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see her use some of Uprising's arsenal ala SHAFT's Kid Icarus anime short.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I think she should stick with her staff and shield as far as weapons go. There isn't anyone in smash who uses a staff, or an offensive shield

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Oh yes finally found this thread >w<
Pit was one of my mains in brawl so yea I really hope Palutena gets in (Add me to the list of supporters!)
She looks to be the most likely newcomer now (Even more than Ridley, Mewtwo etc etc)

Also what final smash would you give her?
Palutena's Army is a "meh" ._.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
My dream reveal consists of Palutena vs Ganondorf but I like the idea of Rosalina vs Palutena, we know Palutena is the superior goddess. :troll:

Whoever she's revealed with she's going to have to blast them at the speed of light!

Starfox is also a good idea and it's pretty cool Uprising and SF are rail shooters.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
7 days... 7 days, this is not meant to be a true reference to the ring... of chaos.
I'll try to make random KI references or thoughts each day before each day. 7 just wasn't good for me.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
100 and counting... maan, I'm being kept busy. But please do so for next days, thanks. This is much easier. (Sorry R_Trigger and many others waiting, I finally went to switch on 4GP for my phone's mobile data, my mom can't still pay our internet tax which is now apparently 600 euros. Waugh.)

Indeed though, 7 days guys.

Now, please hear me out. Today I felt really pessimistic after remembering the times we saw Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina (to Toad-fans) and Greninja (to Mewtwo-fans). Also no Ridley.

I kept thinking if we get trolled again. What if we get folks like Hades or Dark Pit, despite all of us proving we might not get them and everything points at Palutena as a playable?
I know there was the whole Pseudo-Troll-utena-gagback but even then, I've become extra wary now after certain newcomers have been so far, surprising and usually unexpected. Wouldn't Palutena be yet another character we're expecting but get our chains yanked/trolled big time by some other additions instead? Or no Palutena at all?

Sorry really, I don't think I should be throwing these words especially as the topic founder, but I think I'm just really afraid moreso because of it. As much as I've been quite inactive, I've been supporting Palutena since 2011 (Along with Tri-Hy, though he and Chrono kinda started it all, but I jumped to the wagon), and I don't want that all waiting get shattered by another harsh truth about Sakurai's choices. It doesn't help that I've lost plenty newcomers wishes I've been waiting for (Starfy, Toad, Dixie, Lip, and to lesser extent Saki), which has made me see this game as less of hypeable newcomers towards myself aside from Mega Man and to some extent Little Mac, Rosalina and Greninja are fine as I feel somewhat associated with them, but they don't hold as much affinity and likeness as the ones that are deconfirmed, one way or another.).
Compare Brawl where I got likes of Wario )Warioware-style no less), MetaKnight, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Squirtle and Charizard, and Toon Link (as much as I wanted him to be less of a clone...).

Perhaps I might ask too much though, perhaps I was spoiled by the last game's newcomers fulfilling most my wants as evidenced from the late times anyway, but indeed, I wonder what'll happen.
What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I feel kinda worried bout that myself. With her being one of the most hyped up characters in both the US and Japan, it's gonna be a big stab in our hopes and hearts. I doubt Sakurai would put another KI character before Palutena (with the exception of Viridi in the background of the Reset Bomb Forest, and Phosphora a trophy), but I'll be really sad if he does this. I can understand the purple dragon being shot down due to boss characters on stages like with Yellow Devil, but so far, Palutena has a lot of things going for her, which personally makes me think that her not being playable is a bigger stab to some ppl than the purple dragon himself.
Besides, Palutena's the 2nd most important character of KI. I'm almost completely sure he won't neglect her. If he does, I'll be definitely a sad one. :(

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
To me, if we get trolled by getting Medusa (no, no bias here :awesome:) during the E3 it will be... A confirmation of Palutena. And 3 Kid characters.

Palutena have to much uniqueness potential, Sakurai can't ignore that.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
While Mario and Pokemon could get 6 characters (even though Toad is practically disconfirmed), I'd be surprised to see Kid Icarus get more than two, so my hope for Palutena would probably be lost if we got another KI character.

That being said everything adds up. The leak, the stage, the trophy, the week of KI pictures...
I'd be shocked and legitimately pissed if Palutena did not make it into the game.

It's something that Sakurai could end up doing, but sometimes you have to go with the obvious choice.
Mario and Pokemon will never truly be complete, so adding characters like Rosalina and Greninja is okay. We already have most of the big important characters from both series (barring Mewtwo but I think we will be getting Mewtwo at E3) so characters like Rosa and Greninja are acceptable.

Kid Icarus is a small franchise that Sakurai knows more than anyone else, given that he created Uprising. He knows which character is the best choice, and is crucial to the completion of the KI franchise. This is none other than Palutena, obviously.

If Palutena does not make it into this game I will question Sakurai's motives and be extremely angry about it. Palutena is a blatantly obvious choice: popular and very important.
The only other character I feel this way about is Mewtwo.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Palutena is like Sakurai's adopted child. All the important Kirby characters are in, he's going to start adding KI characters now. She's a lock. It's just a matter of time.

Reila

I don't think Sakurai would be stupid enough to put Hades or freaking Dark Pit in the game over Palutena.

And I don't think "the purple dragon" was shot down due to boss shenanigans either.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
You don't have to worry about characters like Dark Pit and Hades. They're essentially (currently) one-off supporting/villain characters, none of which have gotten into Smash. If you're a character from only one game, It's safe to say you either have to be the protagonist of said game (Ness, Lucas, Ice Climbers) or be an alternate form of an important character (Sheik). The only characters in Uprising that aren't one-offs are Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Twinbellows, Hewdraw, Pandora and (I guess) Thanatos, and only the first three make any real sense for SSB (Though Medusa wouldn't get in over Palutena for obvious reasons).

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
You don't don't have to worry about characters like Dark Pit and Hades. They're essentially (currently) one-off supporting/villain characters, none of which have gotten into Smash. If you're a character from only one game, It's safe to say you either have to be the protagonist of said game (Ness, Lucas, Ice Climbers) or be an alternate form of an important character (Sheik). The only characters in Uprising that aren't one-offs are Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Twinbellows, Hewdraw, Pandora and (I guess) Thanatos, and only the first three make any real sense for SSB (Though Medusa wouldn't get in over Palutena for obvious reasons).
Furthermore Sakurai did mention that Dark Pit's inspiration was from Pit's black palette swap

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You already know I am, not just because I don't have a Wii U, but I wanna be reunited with Pit again. Plus all the 3ds exclusive features I must experience.

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
@ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~
It's alright bro, I understand you were having some problems.

Anyways, I think some of you guys worry waayyy too much. The worst Sakurai will do is joke about it like he did with Samus/Zamus, but I can say with confidence that Palutena will indeed be the second KI character (and this is coming from someone who highly doubted her half a year ago). I think people need to be slightly less pessimistic. I think most of the popular choices will make it to playable status.
I think even Ridley still has a fighting chance...

Reila

So on another topic. Who here is getting the 3DS version? I sure am.
Me! I am not buying a Wii U anytime soon and portable Smash is something I always wanted to happen.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I am getting both for sure.

I think the Wii U version will be leaps and bounds better than the 3DS, for many reasons. That said, it's still Smash Bros. It's always good, kind of like pizza. The Wii U version is like pizza straight out of the oven, while the 3DS version is pizza cold. Both still really good, and there are advantages to the latter (such as taking it on the go or for night-time snacking).

Food analogies aside, what I am getting at is a Smash game is still better superior to the majority of the 3DS library, which is saying a lot because the 3DS has great games. Not only will it be great to experience the new characters and mechanics months ahead, but even down the road I'll like having the option of playing with it on the go, or while waiting for my matches at a tournament.

If you own a 3DS, it's a must. If you own a Wii U, it's a must. I bought a Wii U knowing it will be a $350 EarthBound machine for a year, and I have no regrets. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm going with both. Like Hong said, I bought the Wii U for MK8, Smash 4, and Earthbound. Everything else is an extra.

But I already own a 3DS, and I don't think I can wait 5 months for the Wii U version.... so there.

LunaChi KuroShihone

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4253-3959-1269
3DS! Me too! Gotta seen that gorgeous 3D on the characters! And I love the idea of taking my smash with me on vacation only to encounter somebody who also has it. I can already see my parents face: "why are you playing Nintendo? We're on the beach." Me then : "yeah well, its smash." XD
That aside, as soon as I got enough money, I'll be buying Wii U smash. The graphics are just awesome! So yeah, its like a pizza. A hot 'n cold pizza. Or ice cream.

Reila

I really don't see how the Wii U version will be better than the 3DS version, unless you put a lot of value in graphics. The games will be essentially the same, only with different stages and music (and so far the 3DS stages are superior to the Wii U ones). Saying that the Wii U version will be better before playing both versions sounds like bias against handheld games (there are people who think console games are better just because they are console games). If anything, I think the 3DS version might be slightly better, for a number of reasons, but only time will tell. I am not sure of anything at the moment.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I really don't see how the Wii U version will be better than the 3DS version, unless you put a lot of value in graphics. The games will be essentially the same, only with different stages and music (and so far the 3DS stages are superior to the Wii U ones). Saying that the Wii U version will be better before playing both versions sounds like bias against handheld games (there are people who think console games are better just because they are console games). If anything, I think the 3DS version might be slightly better, for a number of reasons, but only time will tell. I am not sure of anything at the moment.
Control options and screen size are both bigger factors then graphics to me.

Staarih

Smash Master
With the 3DS version coming out this summer, of course it's going to be the "bigger" thing as of now. But because of it being released so soon, I feel like we pretty much know what the 3DS version will have, while the Wii U version may still have surprises in store for us. Could be wrong though. I personally think Smash works best on home consoles, but then again, we've never had a handheld version, so I'm interested to try the 3DS version out. I think I'm getting both, but to say which one will be better is impossible at the moment. I have a feeling the Wii U version may have the upper hand in the long run, but that remains to be seen.

Reila

Control options and screen size are both bigger factors then graphics to me.
Good for you. I love the 3DS controls, I had a blast playing SSF4 and MH3U with them. Also, I am more into smaller screens (for ex, my monitor is 15", even though I could use "24 spare monitor we have here. So yeah, 3DS version for me. It is all a matter of personal preferences. It just pisses me off when people belittle the 3DS version, saying that the Wii U version will be better and blahblahblah. It will not. The only thing the Wii U will have "better" than the 3DS version is the tournament factor, it will obviously be the choice for EVO tournaments and stuff. That means nothing to me, since I only play my fighting games online anyway.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Good for you. I love the 3DS controls, I had a blast playing SSF4 and MH3U with them. Also, I am more into smaller screens (for ex, my monitor is 15", even though I could use "24 spare monitor we have here. So yeah, 3DS version for me. It is all a matter of personal preferences. It just pisses me off when people belittle the 3DS version, saying that the Wii U version will be better and blahblahblah. It will not. The only thing the Wii U will have "better" than the 3DS version is the tournament factor, it will obviously be the choice for EVO tournaments and stuff. That means nothing to me, since I only play my fighting games online anyway.
And that's fine, I was just saying what was important to me, and pointing out that there are reasons to want the Wii U version above the 3DS version beyond graphics. Also, you may like the 3DS controls, but the Wii U will have many more actual options.

Anyway, getting off topic and all that.

YAY Palutena!

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
With being able to share a big screen with people on the couch, a vastly larger library of music, and not having to have bring their own console and game, a lot of people, myself included, will like the Wii U version more, casual and competitive. Especially after the Gamecube Adapter announcement. And no, playing on the coach with the 3DS version will not be the same. In the case of other fighting games like SF4, we certainly like the console version over the portable version. 3DS will probably be better for what the 3DS is usually for: A more personal experience.

When I say it will be better, it's a given that I am stating my opinion. I'm not on a judgment panel.

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Is this it? Have we reached 100 supporters for Lady Palutena?
You are right we have even surpased the 100 mark, I started bringing this up yesterday but I couldn't stay to see the 100th supporter showing up shame on me.

I think a Palm would be good for some standard attacks.
I don't want to see this happening Palutena already has enough tools with her magic and Staff and Shield, so putting her the generic weapons Pit use wont make her justice, if she use Pit's weapons there is no reason to put her in the game and not the Forbiden One: Dark Pit.

100 and counting... maan, I'm being kept busy. But please do so for next days, thanks. This is much easier. (Sorry R_Trigger and many others waiting, I finally went to switch on 4GP for my phone's mobile data, my mom can't still pay our internet tax which is now apparently 600 euros. Waugh.)

Indeed though, 7 days guys.

Now, please hear me out. Today I felt really pessimistic after remembering the times we saw Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina (to Toad-fans) and Greninja (to Mewtwo-fans). Also no Ridley.

I kept thinking if we get trolled again. What if we get folks like Hades or Dark Pit, despite all of us proving we might not get them and everything points at Palutena as a playable?
I know there was the whole Pseudo-Troll-utena-gagback but even then, I've become extra wary now after certain newcomers have been so far, surprising and usually unexpected. Wouldn't Palutena be yet another character we're expecting but get our chains yanked/trolled big time by some other additions instead? Or no Palutena at all?

Sorry really, I don't think I should be throwing these words especially as the topic founder, but I think I'm just really afraid moreso because of it. As much as I've been quite inactive, I've been supporting Palutena since 2011 (Along with Tri-Hy, though he and Chrono kinda started it all, but I jumped to the wagon), and I don't want that all waiting get shattered by another harsh truth about Sakurai's choices. It doesn't help that I've lost plenty newcomers wishes I've been waiting for (Starfy, Toad, Dixie, Lip, and to lesser extent Saki), which has made me see this game as less of hypeable newcomers towards myself aside from Mega Man and to some extent Little Mac, Rosalina and Greninja are fine as I feel somewhat associated with them, but they don't hold as much affinity and likeness as the ones that are deconfirmed, one way or another.).
Compare Brawl where I got likes of Wario )Warioware-style no less), MetaKnight, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Squirtle and Charizard, and Toon Link (as much as I wanted him to be less of a clone...).

Perhaps I might ask too much though, perhaps I was spoiled by the last game's newcomers fulfilling most my wants as evidenced from the late times anyway, but indeed, I wonder what'll happen.
What do you guys think?
I understand what you mean, I am exceptical myself, it would be a shame if we got Dark Pit, but I hope Sakurai is smart enough, if there is a chance to get Palutena in smash is in this game, where she is still "recent", keep in mind that most of the franchises you mentioned already got their main cast represented (like in the Mario franchise) Greninja was the obvious 6 gen rep, maybe Starfy could differeciate himself enough to warrant something better, Dixie is still not descarted and Lip might have a future as part of the Captain Rainbow series, at least a trophy this time around.

Sakurai might troll us again, but as I mentioned for me it's clear that Sakurai knows that if there is a game to put in Palutena it needs and must be in this game.

To cheer you up here Cookies and Goddess

Hong

The Strongest
If Palutena used Wolf Claws that would be epic, though.

Don't deny it.
Wouldn't surprise me if Palutena used more than her staff and shield.

Way back in like 2007 or so, I made a moveset that had her pull out the mallet from Kid Icarus as her meteor smash. In this day and age, so much has happened with the series with just one game... so there are a lot of possibilities.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Yeah, I don't really want to see Palutena use other weapons, I just thought I would make a suggestion.

I would love to see most of her moves come from her boss battle. I want to see that light as a dash attack.

TheDMonroeShow

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3695-0037-2189
Hey guys, i've lurked here for awhile but i've only recently started posting.

So i just wanted to make sure I dropped by to give my suppprt of my favorite goddes before e3 roles around :)

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Alright, 6 DAYS UNTIL DIGITAL EVENT!

Yeah, I hope that we are getting Palutena at E3! :p

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So has anyone done any good pallet swaps they want to share? What colours do you think we should expect?

Top Bottom