• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miracle Of Light - Palutena in SSB4 (Featuring Cereza from Bayonetta-series)

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of that what exactly DO you get if you win for real? What you said though would be pretty cool :b:.
I don't know what the winner will get or if there's anything to win at all. If there is I would assume it to be some cool Smash Bros merchandise like a GameCube controller or some kind of T-Shirt.

Honestly I believe the tournament is a publicity stunt by Nintendo to get the competitive Smash Bros players interested in making this game competitive and really that's a win-win situation for everyone.

I'm sure a lot of Melee players are starting to get sick of seeing the same things over and over again for the past 13 to 14 years.

Some new mechanics and playstyles likely seems very appealing and Nintendo seems to actually want to cater to the competitve players while also keeping the more casual players around and completley satisfied.

Hence the GameCube adapter, several balances with the characters, removal of randomness with movesets. (ie. Olimar and King Dedede), Final Destination for nearly every stage, and For Glory mode.

Personally I'm extremely excited to see how this all plays out at E3 and what kind of information we're going to get.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what the winner will get or if there's anything to win at all. If there is I would assume it to be some cool Smash Bros merchandise like a GameCube controller or some kind of T-Shirt.

Honestly I believe the tournament is a publicity stunt by Nintendo to get the competitive Smash Bros players interested in making this game competitive and really that's a win-win situation for everyone.

I'm sure a lot of Melee players are starting to get sick of seeing the same things over and over again for the past 13 to 14 years.

Some new mechanics and playstyles likely seems very appealing and Nintendo seems to actually want to cater to the competitve players while also keeping the more casual players around and completley satisfied.

Hence the GameCube adapter, several balances with the characters, removal of randomness with movesets. (ie. Olimar and King Dedede), Final Destination for nearly every stage, and For Glory mode.

Personally I'm extremely excited to see how this all plays out at E3 and what kind of information we're going to get.
Couldn't have said it better myself! Whether the winner gets anything or not, either way everyone wins!

I'm so excited for E3 and potentially Palutena's reveal. I have a feeling she might be a new main for me if she does get a reveal. That said I really need to play Uprising because I sadly have not gotten a chance to.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And so Lady Palutena is blessed with 100 pages of greatness. But we're still waiting.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
At least we haven't had to wait for three years...while trapped in a ring.

...yet.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I asked to be on the supporter list a few months ago, but I am yet to be added to the list.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Someone's gotta update the list. We gotta show off more Palutena supporters, especially those with Palutena avatars. D:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Make sure you tag @ ~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~ to remind him. ^~^
Hahahah...

I gotta admit, I'm being plenty irresponsible, to even miss the 100nth page mark for our supporting thread. But so much has happened that I can't keep up around with SmashBoards (until recently, summer break starts again, hohooh)

I wonder if to do some contest to commemorate this though, I thought something like "create the tagline" for Palutena that serve as the one when she's shown finally as a newcomer, but I think there'd b too similar of them.

Edited the OP a bit, along with the topic tagline. (So who all are missing again? Added Reila now.)

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Again, Palutena is a character I have more confidence in than anyone. Because of that, my mind can ponder the more peaceful prospect of how the she will debut. I am sure her trailer will be very pretty and full of charm, and I don't think anyone will be sour or disappointed.

I would even be so bold as to say we all have some general idea of how she will play, and the only shock would be if she turns out to be something completely different. And I couldn't blame them; there are many times where we have fully designed something in a game and it seemed PERFECT in theory, but we have had to completely renovate it when it just didn't feel too good in play testing.

I can't wait to see her in HD. ^~^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I definitely approve of those words. Let's hope for the best, and get the Drinks of the Gods ready for when she's revealed. I'll even finally change my avy into a Palutena one for a bit once she's shown to us.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I definitely approve of those words. Let's hope for the best, and get the Drinks of the Gods ready for when she's revealed. I'll even finally change my avy into a Palutena one for a bit once she's shown to us.
The Drinks of the Gods and the floor ice cream. Can't forget the floor ice cream. :p

Burigu

Smash Ace
Only if you are an adult I heard they contain alcohol
Thank you by the way I counted 87 people on the support list I am not sure if that is the exact number, but still some numbers missing until 100

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Alright. Here we go again, team! Let's hope for the best!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I supported Palutena since Pit was announced in Brawl, is that a good thing?

Hong

The Strongest
I supported Palutena since Pit was announced in Brawl, is that a good thing?
You and I both, friend. My love for the goddess has not wavered one bit.
How in the world did you support Palutena even though she was a bland NPC in the previous KI games? Then again I would probably have that same feeling for Prince Richard if Prince Sable was announced playable in SSB4.
I liked her art. She had a staff and a shield, which is more than what Pit started with.

I am happy with what Sakurai has done with the character, but it's not like she didn't have enough to work with before.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
How in the world did you support Palutena even though she was a bland NPC in the previous KI games? Then again I would probably have that same feeling for Prince Richard if Prince Sable was announced playable in SSB4.
Who's Prince Sable?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Can't totally wait... I wanna say certain words to someone when she's revealed. But truly, I'm sure she'll dazzle me away during her reveal, charm and all!

I wanna say certain words here but I think I want to save it for more appropriate time...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Psst he's my avatar.
He's a character from an old obscure GB game that I want to see revived along with Nazo no Muramase Jou, but this isn't the place for that.

Anyone have Palutena gifs that we can use to celebrate her reveal?
Naah, I don't think.

Pic's though, there be a plenty.

Grayson

Smash Apprentice
There's going to be a lot more artwork for us to use if she's revealed. Every Smash Bros character gets that.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
My biggest hope is what Artwork she gets for the Website Page and how her Trailer is played out. (Palutena forbid she gets the Villager reveal treatment, where Villager got just a tiny introduction in the Main Trailer.)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Psst he's my avatar.
He's a character from an old obscure GB game that I want to see revived along with Nazo no Muramase Jou, but this isn't the place for that.

Anyone have Palutena gifs that we can use to celebrate her reveal?

There's the infamous head tilt from the anime short, but there really isn't much. We'll see. Pictures for sure.
The artwork will be amazing, and I know Pit's gonna be in there too. And I'll be ready for the fanart as well. And once there's a high quality vid of her trailer, I'm instantly gonna take it so I can watch it plenty of times.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
There's going to be a lot more artwork for us to use if she's revealed. Every Smash Bros character gets that.
Yeah. I think it's one of the reasons people (myself included) get so ravenous about their favorite characters. It's one thing to be a popular Nintendo character, it's another entirely to be a Smash Bros. character, which basically is the "You've made it." of Nintendo honors.

The art, animations, etc. for Palutena will only increase tenfold once she joins the crew.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Depends on the....DEFINITION...of Fanart. Wii Fit Trainer had it rough enough. *shudders*
Yea... I try avoid the explicit stuff myself. *shivers*
But with that away, I don't just want to see cuteness in Palutena art; I want to see coolness and elegance. It's rare to find cool types these days, with the exception of that one pic of Palutena wearing an armored suit that was posted a few pages back. That there is an example of coolness.

Top Bottom