• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If they're going to focus on the spirit angle, that sounds more like something you'd see in a Geno trailer
Probably, as it would better fit his doll motif. I would rather his trailer focus on his own merits rather than the spirit ascension aspect, though. I would probably say the same for any spirit character as well.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I wonder if this thread can reach 10 pages before the presentation/direct drops

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Probably, as it would better fit his doll motif. I would rather his trailer focus on his own merits rather than the spirit ascension aspect, though. I would probably say the same for any spirit character as well.
I agree that with the exception of maybe the first AT to Playable in the same game promotion (if it happens) any promotions should have the trailers be of their own merits. After all, Lucas and Mewtwo’s 4 trailers did just that and they were Trophies before returning as DLC, and Spirits are literally this game’s Trophies.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I agree that with the exception of maybe the first AT to Playable in the same game promotion (if it happens) any promotions should have the trailers be of their own merits. After all, Lucas and Mewtwo’s 4 trailers did just that and they were Trophies before returning as DLC, and Spirits are literally this game’s Trophies.
Yep. It's why I can imagine MinMin's trailer being unique and not having to be a continuation of the Kencineroar trailer

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yep. It's why I can imagine MinMin's trailer being unique and not having to be a continuation of the Kencineroar trailer
It wouldn't be as awesome if Min Min got a trailer that's a sequel to Kencineroar. Namely, it wouldn't have the same feeling of getting revenge as Spring Man would if he punched Incineroar in his trailer.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
So apparently there is some insider stuff going on with the ARMS rep right now. I do not have any knowledge about insiders and the individual reputability of those involved, but I am hoping this means an ARMS reveal isn't too far off.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So apparently there is some insider stuff going on with the ARMS rep right now. I do not have any knowledge about insiders and the individual reputability of those involved, but I am hoping this means an ARMS reveal isn't too far off.
What exactly if you heard?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What exactly if you heard?
Well, it seems like insiders are starting to act weird, with one in particular noting that they know who it is and find it weird that Nintendo wait into the month for the reveal. They used the "it" pronoun for the character, but it seems more like a way to hide who it is than any hint. Either the same guy or a different insider immediately squashed people thinking it was Helix because of the pronoun.

Again, I don't know the specifics of this sort of thing.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well, it seems like insiders are starting to act weird, with one in particular noting that they know who it is and find it weird that Nintendo wait into the month for the reveal. They used the "it" pronoun for the character, but it seems more like a way to hide who it is than any hint. Either the same guy or a different insider immediately squashed people thinking it was Helix because of the pronoun.

Ah i think i just saw those tweets on the geno thread. I guess it just really means news should be soon. Hopefully. I wouldn't read too much on pronouns used.

amageish

Smash Master
Well, it leaking is a good sign for it being relatively-soon, one hopes.

I doubt this is an intended hint about the character though. Helix doesn't even use "it" as his pronoun...

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well, it leaking is a good sign for it being relatively-soon, one hopes.

I doubt this is an intended hint about the character though. Helix doesn't even use "it" as his pronoun...
don't look into that too much. they used it, to mask who it is, not to say its a njon gender character,

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Just popping in to say that Min Min's been my pick for the Arms rep for Smash for quite a while. She's my main from Arms and found her not only the most fun to play but also as one of the best designed fighters both aesthetically and functionally through her gameplay.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Imran told someone on Twitter that Helix was out. He said if he mentioned the gender it would be obvious on who it is. He knows.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Really hoping to see our girl Min Min, kicking and using her dragon fists!

Ribbon Girl or Dr Coyle would also be pretty cool. I... don't really want just Spring Man after all this time. If it is him, hopefully he comes with an echo or alts.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Nice, it's about time! Really hoping for Min Min, I'd be fine with other characters as well, but it's her who I'm hoping for the most! I think that even if they went with the "barebones" Spring Man, I'd be cool with it. Though of course I hope it's the noodle girl.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am glad they clarified this ahead of time, though it may still not stop certain peoples disappointment once the presentation ends.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am glad they clarified this ahead of time, though it may still not stop certain peoples disappointment once the presentation ends.
I feel its sad they have to say that due to how some on our fanbase act

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Aight, poll on top closes Monday, now's your chance to consider supportting if you haven't already.

Now whatever the outcome ends up being, can we all agree to be good sports about it? Nobody likes sore winners nor sore losers.

Anyways, just a couple more days til finally know whomst this character is. Here's hoping.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
Aight, poll on top closes Monday, now's your chance to consider supportting if you haven't already.

Now whatever the outcome ends up being, can we all agree to be good sports about it? Nobody likes sore winners nor sore losers.

Anyways, just a couple more days til finally know whomst this character is. Here's hoping.
Yeah, I hear ya.

Not going to lie though, it'll sting a little bit if Min Min didn't make the cut, considering just how close it felt we got. Nate's brief gender mention has me worried a tad, but there's also Papa Geno supposedly hearing Min Min's name the most from seemingly credible sources.

Whatever happens, this impossible dream journey of Party Crashes, imagined movesets, and speculation that led this character into a very possible selection into Smash Bros. is finally coming to an end. Here's hoping our adventures with the Ramen Bomber continue on into Smash and our discussion for this character continue on into dedicated boards and discord! Oh, and amiibo figure release down the line! Or, it comes to a brief halt here. We accept the L and await an eventual Arms 2 and the comic book release.

Let's go, Monday! Let's go Min Min!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm pulling for Min Min but also wont be surprised if its spring man... though Min min or twintelle are 100x better picks

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I must say I had some impeccable timing, posting on this thread when I did.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You guys got any specific hopes for this Sakurai presentation beyond just Min Min? He does tend to tackle a lot in these videos.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You guys got any specific hopes for this Sakurai presentation beyond just Min Min? He does tend to tackle a lot in these videos.
RAMEN BOWL REMIX PLEASE

And if Min Min herself isn't playable, I'll gladly take a stage cameo

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Any additions to existing modes - I know he said no NEW modes, but you can add to existing ones surely

like for example, WoL getting a Very Hard Mode

Heoj

Smash Ace
It being 35 minutes tells me that there is no way that sakurai can dodge the topic of promotions, so im expecting him to talk about whether or not promotions can happen.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
It being 35 minutes tells me that there is no way that sakurai can dodge the topic of promotions, so im expecting him to talk about whether or not promotions can happen.
I mean, I think the fighter on its own will be the answer to that.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
As of this post, it seems both Min Min and Springman are trending on twitter. lol

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Most of the presentation is likely going to be Gameplay, paired with probably 5-10 minutes worth of Sakurai going over the character's moveset and stage gimmicks, while the reveal will likely have its own trailer which could be anywhere from 2-5 min mins long. Time adds up relatively quickly.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Some are trying to use the background of the announcement to determine which ARMS fighter is coming, but as pointed out in the Geno thread, it's in the character selection screen and not really something we can use as a hint
1592581342651.png

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Some are trying to use the background of the announcement to determine which ARMS fighter is coming, but as pointed out in the Geno thread, it's in the character selection screen and not really something we can use as a hint View attachment 275323
Fitting that they would use the character selection screen for this.

Maybe the reveal trailer will have them actually start with the character selection screen to build up tension before selecting the fighter to go to Smash?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Some are trying to use the background of the announcement to determine which ARMS fighter is coming, but as pointed out in the Geno thread, it's in the character selection screen and not really something we can use as a hint View attachment 275323
Yeah, dont look into the background, because sakurai wants to keep the surprise and doesnt want to hint at anything

MattX20

Smash Hero
This weekend is going to be very tense for speculation, that much is going to be assured at this point

MattX20

Smash Hero
Well, this is feeling like the SNK scenario all over again with people arguing Kyo over Terry with Spring Man against Min Min

Xeno_Emblem

Smash Rookie
I have the utmost confidence that Min Min either be the ARMS rep or a skin for whoever the main ARMS rep will be, like SpringMan for instance. The popularity of Min Min is prominent in not just Japan but also America. Not to mention, Mr. Yabuki's favourite character is Min-Min, so I would be very shocked to not see her as either he own character or a skin.

Regardless of the outcome, these next few days of waiting will be rather long.

Top Bottom