• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Never played Arms but Min Min looks like the type of character I would use.

Plus one supporter for the win win!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
anyone wanna put the min min hat on the octo bab in my avatar? uwu

Krankees

Smash Ace
I'd like to be a supporter. Thursday made me realize that I want this.

Last edited:

Icana

Smash Apprentice
It's kinda surreal that this fun little thread with a hopeful that seemed impossible has suddenly found a ray of hope a year and a half later. Lot's of optimism for Min Min all over the internet!

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hi Everyone, i'd like to be added into the support for Min Min i haven't really played Arms but i plan to get it soon though min min's design is rather interesting to me. hearing that her attacks relate to dragons does make her stand out from spring man makes me think she could play well in smash. i also find it sweet that she eats noodles. i wish to learn more about her once i get Arms but for now i like to show my support.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hi Everyone, i'd like to be added into the support for Min Min i haven't really played Arms but i plan to get it soon though min min's design is rather interesting to me. hearing that her attacks relate to dragons does make her stand out from spring man makes me think she could play well in smash. i also find it sweet that she eats noodles. i wish to learn more about her once i get Arms but for now i like to show my support.
Welcome to the club,

just a quick reminder that if you have Nintendo Switch Online, you can play ARMS for free, right now, going on right up until the 6th of April

this also applies to free Switch Online trials, so if you haven't used yours already, now would be a good time. If you have however, you can get an extra 7-day one for 100 mynintendo platinum points

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I never played Arms but out of all the characters from that franchise Mini Mini looks like the coolest character. I would prefer her over Sping Man as a character but I would want Sping Man for the sole purpose of destroying the Assist Trophy and Spirit barriers. But Mini Mini would break the Spirit barrier at least. Put me on the support list please.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
once again, thanks for the tremendous support, never thought we'd make it this far, but here we are

I made this thread for fun thinking she had pretty much little to no chance, It's pretty surreal

now inb4 this all crashes and burns and she's not in whatsoever, but i will say getting this far is still an achievement on it's own

at the end of the day, I'm just happy ARMS is getting the representation it deserves.

No matter who gets in, I'm confident they'll be wicked fun and a unique addition to the Smash cast

keep kicking, y'all!

Last edited:

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Coming from the Phoenix Wright Thread I also support Min Min. I hope she gets chosen, I love Ramen and I like how she speaks chinese during the battles.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
I forgot to post Min Min's victory artwork when it was released. Here it is:
Also, now that it has been announced that fighters beyond Fighter Pass 1 are in development, I'm curious if spirits/assists can potentially be upgraded to playable. Cross fingers a Smash invitation was waiting at the end of that Crash Bash tournament.
HMMMMMMM

Party Crash Bash (oddly close to Party Crash Smash)

"...the ultimate champion"?

Summer 2019 fits with the timeframe they were still planning FPv2 -- planning was completed in November, and the ARMS pick was likely among the first to be locked, as they're coming first in the pass anyhow.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
HMMMMMMM

Party Crash Bash (oddly close to Party Crash Smash)

"...the ultimate champion"?

Summer 2019 fits with the timeframe they were still planning FPv2 -- planning was completed in November, and the ARMS pick was likely among the first to be locked, as they're coming first in the pass anyhow.
The ARMS DLC fighter is also releasing in June 2020. Min Min won the Bash in... June 2019. ARMS came out in June 2017. This is all being timed for the ARMS anniversaries. Sakurai confirmed DLC characters beyond FP 1 during the September 2019 Direct, and that video was recorded a little before that (at least in August of that year). That's two month's after the Party Crash Bash. The ARMS character is the first character for FP 6.

Just an info dump. I have no idea if the timing here means anything for Min Min.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Hi. I don't truly understand Min Min's appeal for a Smash Bros fighter. Could someone please explain why Min Min has such a following? Not asking for the sake of detracting (trust me, I've seen enough people attack characters I've liked for "not understanding their appeal"). I am legitimately curious.

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Hi. I don't truly understand Min Min's appeal for a Smash Bros fighter. Could someone please explain why Min Min has such a following? Not asking for the sake of detracting (trust me, I've seen enough people attack characters I've liked for "not understanding their appeal"). I am legitimately curious.
Are you searching for any answer other than her being cute/thicc because tbh there's not one.

Icana

Smash Apprentice
For a game with not much lore or backstories/bios for any of its fighters, the appeal to any character would largely be based on their visual design, voice lines, quirks, and abilities.

This was Min Min's reveal video from a Direct on April 12, 2017. She received a warm welcome the moment she was announced. Twintelle came later and help further boost this game's profile. And then there was the test punch, a series of hour sessions where Switch owners got to test the game out for free online before the title's release.

As for Min Min's appeal to individuals like myself, well, she's cute like HansShotFirst20 HansShotFirst20 said. I like cute girls like most guys do. But she's also cool, be it the martial arts attire she adorns to the acrobatic abilities she displays that appear coherent with her build. So we've got a cool, cute, athletic tom boy girl with short hair. All very appealing from a visual stand point.

Now throw in all the noodle charm. "The Ramen Bomber" "Beat the sauce out of him" (Min Min's mask looks like sauce spread across her eyes). There's been a lot of Ramen puns out there.

Oh, and her name is Min Min. Min Min for the Win Win. Mintendo Noodle House is the name of her family restaurant.

Her personality seems to be one that is competitive and serious. Nintendo describes her as having a fiery personality: https://play.nintendo.com/themes/friends/min-min/

Anyway, I grew up on some Kung Fu films, and whenever a girl shows up and starts putting out some hot moves, me and my Dad would all be in awe. Them Chinese girls like Moon Lee were insanely talented and beautiful.

I think Min Min is one of those characters that don't need to play up their sex to win people over. She's cute, she's cool, and her entire design is oozing with culture, from the Dragon arm, the martial arts, and the Ramen extendable Arms, Noodle House, her name, everything!

She's a great design, and I think we all would like to see her character (and the other ARMS characters) developed more in the future.

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
For a game with not much lore or backstories/bios for any of its fighters, the appeal to any character would largely be based on their visual design, voice lines, quirks, and abilities.

This was Min Min's reveal video from a Direct on April 12, 2017. She received a warm welcome the moment she was announced. Twintelle came later and help further boost this game's profile. And then there was the test punch, a series of hour sessions where Switch got the test the game out for free online before the titles release.

As for Min Min's appeal to individuals like myself, well, she's cute like HansShotFirst20 HansShotFirst20 said. I like cute girls like most guys do. But she's also cool, be it the martial arts attire she adorns to the acrobatic abilities she displays that appear coherent with her build. So we've got a cool, cute, athletic tom boy girl with short hair. All very appealing from a visual stand point.

Now throw in all the noodle charm. "The Ramen Bomber" "Beat the sauce out of him" (Min Min's mask looks like sauce spread across her eyes). There's been a lot of Ramen puns out there.

Oh, and her name is Min Min. Min Min for the Win Win. Mintendo Noodle House is the name of her family restaurant.

Her personality seems to be one that is competitive and serious. Nintendo describes her as having a fiery personality: https://play.nintendo.com/themes/friends/min-min/

Anyway, I grew up on some Kung Fu films, and whenever a girl shows up and starts putting out some hot moves, me and my Dad would all be in awe. Them Chinese girls like Moon Lee were insanely talented and beautiful.

I think Min Min is one of those character that don't need to play up their sex to win people over. She's cute, she's cool, and her entire design is oozing with culture, from the Dragon arm, the martial arts, and the Ramen extendable Arms, Noodle House, her name, everything!

She's a great design, and I think we all would like to see her character (and the other ARMS characters) developed more in the future.
I was mostly joking with that answer.

Yeah, I'd agree the reason that Min-Min is my favorite over characters like Twintelle or even (god forbid) Springman is the energy she has. Idk what her actual personality is in ARMS lore, but she exudes that 'I don't take **** from nobody' attitude.

Plus she's cute as hell, in a platonic way. Reminds me of my little sister a bit.

also

>Min Min for the Win Win
I can't believe I didn't think of that

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
One reason I like Min Min is because I like using her Dragon Arm mechanic. I get to have a free charge attack as long as I avoid getting knocked down. Plus the Dragon Arm just looks cool.

amageish

Smash Master
Personally, amongst the cast of ARMS, I just like her gimmicks the most, both visually and mechanically.

Technically, I like her dragon-arm transformation ability, as it just makes you feel really badass if you're able to keep it charged up without being knocked down. I also like how she can do kicks in addition to punching, as I'm not very good at ARMS and will take my back-up "kick the oppnenet at close range" plan when I need it haha...

Visually, the notion of a girl fighting with giant ramen noodle arms in order to promote her family's ramen company is funny to me. I like it. Her noodle house being named Mintendo is also an A+ pun.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If I were to throw in my two cents I just love her design, conceptually

She's just bursting with flair and and personality

I'd even argue she's one of the best designed fighting game characters of the last few years

She's super fun to use in ARMS too. Grabbing someone only to kick the heck outta them is super satisfying

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
a support thread for Max Brass has just been created, go check it out.

With this, the only ARMS characters without their own unique thread are Ninjara, Mechanica, Master Mummy, Kid Cobra, Helix, Byte & Barq, Twintelle, Misango, and Springtron (though I'd personally just cram him in with Springman's preexisting one). Still some notable options here, so feel free to make one of em if y'all so choose

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Im sure this has been answered a lot already, but I'll throw my two cents in.

The primary reason is she has such a following in ARMS. She was always one of the standout characters thanks to a cool design and and an interesting ability (the Dragon Arms, which makes your left arms have a permanent charge till your hit). Also help that shes a cute girl.

Another reason is she won the final Party Crash. Towards the end, ARMS did a final Party Crash. These were like Splatoon's Splatfest where they pit teams together. Here though, it's two characters vs each other. The final set was a tournament with the 15 characters. Min Min ended up winning this. People put stock into this as Splatoon did something similar where the final Splatfest did influence the outcome of the next title. ARMS took a lot of ideas from Splatoon so folks think this gives her an edge over other ARMS characters. That said, it was per popularity that helped her win (Ninjara, the character she beat in the last Party Crash, is probably a better character).

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Hi everyone :D
I've wanted Min Min for sooooo long now, and I'm so happy to see she has such a good chance of making it into Smash :')
MIN MIN FOR THE WIN WIN!
(Edit : woops didn't see I was already on the list lol)

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
You know, I just noticed that Mii brawler has a few poses similar to Min Min. Kind of a missed opportunity to make a costume. Just a funny thing I noticed. lol

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sign me up my friend, Min Min is my favorite ARMS character and I'm teetering on all-in on her right now.

It feels like everything is adding up and, although she's always been my preference, I never really thought it was a possibility until now. I'm excited and I hope it pans out!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here’s my moveset for Min Min:

Intro: Min Min jumps down from the sky and gets into her fighting stance.

Stance/Idle 1: Her fighting stance from ARMS,

Idle 2: Min Min’s Dragon Arms breathe fire for a second.

Notable Palette Swaps: Yellow Min Min, White Min Min, Pink Min Min, Ninjara, Helix, Kid Cobra, Max Brass

Walk: Her walking animation from ARMS.

Jog: Her jogging animation from ARMS.

Dash: Her dashing animation from ARMS.

Damage: Her damage animation from ARMS.

Jump: Her jumping animation from ARMS.

Crouch: Min Min crouches with her ARMS held slightly above her.

Weapon of Choice: ARMS, a special type of Melee weapon designed for ARMS fights.

Jab: Min Min does a short-reaching jab with either arm (7%, small knockback)
Forward+A: Min Min briefly summons a Ramram using the ARM closer to the background (9%, OK knockback)
Down+A: Min Min raises the foot closer to the background and kicks downward (8%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Min Min kicks upwards using the foot closer to the foreground (8%, small knockback) while using her ARMS for a brief handstand.

Air+A: Min Min kicks in a circle with the foot closer to the background (7%, small knockback)
Air Forward+A: Min Min kicks forward with the foot closer to the background (7%, small knockback)
Air Back + A: Min Min kicks backwards with the foot closer to the foreground (8%, small knockback)
Air Up+A: Min Min kicks upwards (8%, small knockback)
Air Down+A: Min Min kicks downwards (11%, OK knockback)

Dash Attack: Min Min does a jumping kick with the foot closer to the background (9%, OK knockback)
Edge Attack: Min Min stretches back and springs upwards with a arc kick (10%, OK knockback)
Get-Up Attack: Min Min turns her ARMS into Ramrams and spins around (12%, OK knockback)

Smash Moves
Forward+A: Min Min fully extends the Dragon ARM closer to the foreground (17%, OK knockback)
Up+A: Min Min strikes upwards with charged Ramrams that cut through the air like wind (19%, medium knockback)
Down+A: Min Min slams her Megawatt ARMS on both sides of the ground (26%, medium knockback)

Grab: Her grab from ARMS.
Pummel: Min Min kicks the opponent (2%)
Forwards+Throw: The second half of her throw from ARMS (13%, OK knockback)
Down+Throw: The first part of her throw from ARMS (11%, OK knockback)
Back+Throw: Min Min jumps above the opponent still grabbing them, and then kicks them from behind (14%, OK knockback); based on Helix’s throw from ARMS.
Up+Throw: Kid Cobra’s throw from ARMS (16%, OK knockback)

Special Moves

B : Dragon Beam; Min Min sends one of her Dragon ARMS forward, and the one she sends out shoots a fiery beam that can be moved up or down (15%, OK knockback). When charged, the beam is bigger and the Dragon can’t be aimed (25%, medium knockback)
B + Forwards : Ramram Slice-n-Dice; Min Min sends a Ramram forward and sliced by spinning backwards (13%, OK knockback). When charged, it spins 5 times in succession (20%, OK knockback)
B + Up : Megawatt Propel; Min Min punches diagonally downward from herself to propel forward (16%, medium knockback). When charged, Min Min sends out a bigger Megawatt to propel herself further (24%, medium knockback)
B + Down : Dragon Charge; Min Min stores energy in her to power up a special move. When B + Down is pressed again, Min Min instead shoots an orb that uses the energy for Dragon Beam. This beam homes in on players, but takes awhile to make contact (16%, OK knockback)

Final Smash: Dragon Rush; Min Min is surged with energy. She punches outward with a Megawatt (18%), creates a flurry of Ramrams (13%) and then shoots two powerful beams out of both her Dragon ARMS (32%; 63% total, devastating knockback)

Gimmick: Every now and then, the arm closest to the foreground will be turned into dragon scales. Her attack power is then permanently raised by 1.1x until she is K.O.’d. In addition, her aerials reduce damage taken from attacks.

Taunts:

1: Her winpose for when she wins a round.
2: Min Min loosely mimics her official render.
1+2: Min Min loosely mimics her Grand Prix ending artwork.

Winposes:

1: Her animation for when she wins the Grand Prix in ARMS, belt and all.
2: Her victory animation from ARMS where she ends with a kick with the left foot close to the camera.
3: Her victory animation from ARMS where she raises her dragon scaled right arm and then poses it towards the camera, with the Dragon ARM being offscreen.

Icon: The ARMS logo constantly seen throughout the game.

Boxing Ring Title: The Ramen Bomber

Victory Music: https://youtu.be/kwQ6_rwvMp8

Kirby Hat: Min Min’s hat, hair, and mask.

Top Bottom