• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mintendo Noodle House - Min Min Social

Favorite Min Min alts?

• Total voters

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Looks like this week's tournament is done in honor of our new arrival.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My personal favorite Min Min alt is the dark blue and green one.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
My personal favorite Min Min alt is the dark blue and green one.
I actually kinda like all of her alts. Her Blue/green alt is def amoung my most favourites, but the black/copper alt is my fave by far!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I think I like the baby-blue/pink colors for Min Min. It's inviting to me, and she just rocks those colors like a boss.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Favorite alts seem to be a popular discussion here, so let's make it the thread poll, shall we? Vote for as many as y'all like

Last edited:

Darkerik

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-0563-4902-5513
I loved min min fight style, at the begin I was concern about the gameplay but I really enjoy it. She is really fun to play with. She reminds me to Hsien-Ko from darkstalkers. I think arms design it's pretty awesome but the ladies rule this game I mean Lola pop, twintelle, ribbon girl, etc are so unique and awesome and at the same time loved by the community. Very similar to darkstalkers with Morrigan, Felicia, etc. So I cannot wait for min min amiibo

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
Just had my first match against Terry as Min Min. I've had a lot of trouble against Terry in the past, but not having to get anywhere near him while still putting on the pressure changes everything and makes going against him way less scary, especially when Min Min still has pretty great anti-air options to fall back on and can edgeguard him like nobody's business.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I am glad to note that Min Min art is still coming in.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I love how easy it is to cheese Min Min's Classic Mode boss, lol. Thing can't even hit you while you spam Smash attacks from the other half of the arena.

She's gonna make WoL challenges interesting, that's for sure. To reference Alpharad, I think we got a new World of Light Warrior on our hands. :p

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
Her long reach is so fun. And using the Dragon arm for the extra fire breath reach? It's amazing!

And Megawatt may not be the most useful thing in competitive, but it's quite useful against the AI in WoL and spirit battles. XP It has really solid knockback!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Her long reach is so fun. And using the Dragon arm for the extra fire breath reach? It's amazing!

And Megawatt may not be the most useful thing in competitive, but it's quite useful against the AI in WoL and spirit battles. XP It has really solid knockback!
While I'm more of a casual singleplayer kinda Smash player, I've actually heard from others that Megawatt ain't actually too bad in certain circumstances in competitive. The shield pressure it puts on the opponent is actually pretty scary, especially since she can jump away to safety or throw out another punch after throwing an F-tilt with it.

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
While I'm more of a casual singleplayer kinda Smash player, I've actually heard from others that Megawatt ain't actually too bad in certain circumstances in competitive. The shield pressure it puts on the opponent is actually pretty scary, especially since she can jump away to safety or throw out another punch after throwing an F-tilt with it.
Ouh! Yea, based on my own experience, I think Megawatt is fast enough to be useful, especially since you can change ARMS instantaneously which can really throw off the opponent's expectations. And it hits hard enough that it's worth it to try to land it when possible.

(I'm not especially great at Smash so it's hard for me to say for sure, though ^^;; )

Last edited:

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I love how easy it is to cheese Min Min's Classic Mode boss, lol. Thing can't even hit you while you spam Smash attacks from the other half of the arena.

She's gonna make WoL challenges interesting, that's for sure. To reference Alpharad, I think we got a new World of Light Warrior on our hands. :p
Last time he attempted the WoL nuzlocke, he decided not to use the DLCs. He might roll back the rule, but personally I can see the argument either way. A WoL nuzlocke can be argued to be a little cheap/easy/cheesy when after you get 10 fighters you gain a +7 (and counting!) character advantage. Makes the early game really easy and definitely takes some of the edge out of the challenge, especially if/when some of the DLCs (such as Min Min) might easily cheese some early game spirits. imo I kind of hope he decides again not to use the DLC characters when he attempts the nuzlocke again. The victory will be all the sweeter if he gets it without the character advantage.

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Starting to have a lot of fun with the character. Got past the point where I have to think about what I'm doing so instead I get to think about weird mix-ups or positioning.

Highlight of the day was insta-killing zelda after reflecting her knight, and actually chaining up airs with BF platforms into a kill with up B on Peach. Also starting to randomly use grounded up B for movement more and it doesn't feel as good for escaping as Sakurai suggested, but super fun for catching high recoveries.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Min Min can play surprisingly aggressively with her nairs and uairs.

Played against a puff and in theory, should be a bad matchup but equipping the megawatt and smacking her around with nairs is so satisfying. Plus it conditions her into playing more passively which I can then use my longer reach to keep the advantage.

SKX31

Smash Master
Megawatt's hitbox does start at the same frame as Dragon and Ramram*. So it's deceptive like that. Megawatt does have the added advantage of not having a big blindspot due to its size (RamRam's blindspot is diagonally above her, Dragon's blindspot is a bit wider because it lacks the ring's coverage). The blind spot thing is due to the hitboxes being on the fists / weapons rather than the arms. The trait shared by all three ARMS is the high end lag - it takes roughly 1/2 of a second for the ARM to come back,

As for Megawatt being deceptive, it can also beat spotdodges:

SX_360_Online_Winners_Quarters_-_LetItRain_(Cloud,_Min_Min)_Vs._Prince_Ralts_(Min_Min)_-_SSBU.gif

Should also warn Min Min players to play very carefully around :ultbayonetta:: she's the main exception to the "ARMS attacks are not affected by counters" rule:

SX_360_Online_Grand_Finals_-_TheMightyDialga_(Bayonetta)_Vs._LetItRain_(Min_Min,_Cloud)_-_SSBU.gif

That's not the only reason Bayo's very dangerous for Min Min (her bullets and off-stage combos can be hellish for her), but main point still stands. Most counters are safe for Min Min, Bayo's and Incin's are the exceptions.

*(The ARMS attacks come out on Frame 14, aka. almost 1/4 of a second. Aerial ARMS attacks are Frame 16. Neutral Air is Frame 8 for Ramram, Frame 10 for Dragon and Frame 14 for Megawatt. Not counting the buffer or online.)

Last edited:

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Incineroar is one of those match-ups where to me it's either trivially easy or extremely annoying. For every match where I can gimp every single stock extremely early, there's another stock where he revenges everything and approaches without issue thanks to the improved Side B.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Incineroar is one of those match-ups where to me it's either trivially easy or extremely annoying. For every match where I can gimp every single stock extremely early, there's another stock where he revenges everything and approaches without issue thanks to the improved Side B.
:ultincineroar: with Macho Man Randy Savage voice: You can beat me up again and again, but Incineroar will keep getting back up and bring back the pain you bestowed upon me to you ten fold yeah! I'll use Revenge and come at you like a truck on fire yeah! And this truck doesn't STOP until it arrives at it's destination yeah! And it's destination is you! OOH YEAH!!!

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Here's something interesting. Falcon Kick animations have been found unused in Min Min's files.
Reading the thread further, it seems that she used Captain Falcon as a base and the animations were just left unchanged

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's something interesting. Falcon Kick animations have been found in Min Min's files.
Reading the thread further, it seems that she used Captain Falcon as a base and the animation was just left unchanged.
Min Min gave Falcon her ramen

Falcon gave Min Min his moves!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Megawatt's hitbox does start at the same frame as Dragon and Ramram*. So it's deceptive like that. Megawatt does have the added advantage of not having a big blindspot due to its size (RamRam's blindspot is diagonally above her, Dragon's blindspot is a bit wider because it lacks the ring's coverage). The blind spot thing is due to the hitboxes being on the fists / weapons rather than the arms. The trait shared by all three ARMS is the high end lag - it takes roughly 1/2 of a second for the ARM to come back,

As for Megawatt being deceptive, it can also beat spotdodges:

View attachment 277014

Should also warn Min Min players to play very carefully around :ultbayonetta:: she's the main exception to the "ARMS attacks are not affected by counters" rule:

View attachment 277013

That's not the only reason Bayo's very dangerous for Min Min (her bullets and off-stage combos can be hellish for her), but main point still stands. Most counters are safe for Min Min, Bayo's and Incin's are the exceptions.

*(The ARMS attacks come out on Frame 14, aka. almost 1/4 of a second. Aerial ARMS attacks are Frame 16. Neutral Air is Frame 8 for Ramram, Frame 10 for Dragon and Frame 14 for Megawatt. Not counting the buffer or online.)
Considering how Bayo was assumed to be a base for someone (likely Min Min), it makes sense when you think about it.
:ultincineroar: with Macho Man Randy Savage voice: You can beat me up again and again, but Incineroar will keep getting back up and bring back the pain you bestowed upon me to you ten fold yeah! I'll use Revenge and come at you like a truck on fire yeah! And this truck doesn't STOP until it arrives at it's destination yeah! And it's destination is you! OOH YEAH!!!
Me when naysayers are proven wrong about no spirits rule:

1477681347426.png

Here's something interesting. Falcon Kick animations have been found in Min Min's files.
Reading the thread further, it seems that she used Captain Falcon as a base and the animation was just left unchanged.
Wouldn't be the first time, I've heard of :ultjoker: using normal moves from a few other characters. It helps to fill out movesets, if it fits reasonably enough.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
EcBOyWHVcAE3hH7.jpeg

Well uhhhhh... that was quick.

New main may be an understatement

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Min Min art has slowed down quite a bit, but the work that is coming out is still great.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
All of them, especially the third one, look incredible.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It was a struggle since I'm not great with the character yet but I finally got Min Min into Elite Smash.

Top Bottom