• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
TRG played the noob card in death note lot and he iirc was much more generally suspicious of everyone,like he kept himself a back door with most of his reads.

The dietz thing,i was saying that at some point that wasnt now dietz.should talk to.me about gheb. It wasnt meant to imply i had ever asked him about gheb

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Orbo and Dietz are vague scum reads for me atm.

:059:
Expend on this?

Because its not something i feel like trg would just blurt out as scum,in death note as the sole scum he was very calculated with how he presented himself and what thoughts he put out there
What strikes you about his his play as particularly "uncalculated?"

You were, it's just there's sometimes an element of truth in every joke. I'm taking the possibility very seriously.
So reachy. They should call you Mr. Reach! Move out of the way, Mr. Clean! Mr. Reach is in the house! Gonna make the reachiest arguments since Mr. Fantastic and Luffy got into a debate!

You know you're not going to get anywhere with this line of thinking, right? Like, there is literally no way to tell rather or not they were both actually scum, so the fact that you're even bringing this up is pretty pointless.

Currently trying to figure out if scum would be more likely to try to clear me as town as a means of looking town or trying to discredit Gorf's clear since I would then pose a threat to the mafia for seeming obvtown... Can't make any reads based off of meta since I haven't played with most of you.
I'm glad to see that you're living up to your name, Mr. Helpful. Continue to make sure that we all know you're extremely townie thought process.

Btw, if you want, I can totally show you how to scumhunt after this, but the path you're going down now is a dead end. Just look at the player's actions and think hard about rather or not they would do what they're doing as scum or town.

I hope the above clears up the Orbo vibe I'm trying to get across for you GBizzle.

But Orbo you're not helping my case with your 1139 -.- just a note NEVER COMMENT ON YOUR OWN PLAY THAT'S THE BEST WAY TO GET PEOPLE TO HATE ON YOU MAN!
I don't think Orbo commenting on his own play is scummy.

Actually I don't really see Orbo scum either.

Really need to see more from Kary and Swords.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI2COawqMJQ

That's not what I asked.

But you asked the question in such a way that implied you wanted justification from TRG about his Orbo read. His response was legit.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
ooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

booooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbss

You are helpful! What a helpful guy you are! Pointing that out for us! And then asking for thoughts on Kary's claim to! They should call you Mr. Helpful you are so helpful.
Anyone else that would like to poke fun at my first post for not realizing Kary's obvious joke? NO? KTHANXBYE

Newbies are like cats, cute and manipulative.
LOL'ed

Actually, I totally can see it. Why not do some more stuff that "scum would never do" and then talk about how you'll never do that.
Not my fault people keep bringing up my meta. *kanye shrug*

"Trying to understand your line of thinking here."

Yeah, I'm sure you are.
I don't follow.

Wait, do you mean to say that one of the above groups contains the scum team?
Not really but I wouldn't dismiss the idea of a scum team sharing the same mindset towards me. It was just me thinking out loud by outlining everyone's response to my supposed "slip."

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Damn Sword when I first saw your post I was like "wow this is kind of long" and then I scrolled... and I scrolled... and I scrolled... and I scrolled...

Point is yea that post is long man!

#HBC | Dancer

What you call scum hunting I call throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks. Sitting back and asking questions without making your own reads or pressuring anyone with votes is an easy playstyle for scum to hide behind.

But if your defense is simply "this is how I play" then I have no reason to move my vote until something scummier comes up.
OH WOW ****ing **** I guess you can be town after all.

#HBC | Gorf

Sword said:
Really, this isn't true. Scum, especially noob scum, love to appear innocent as ****. In Disney Singalong, noob indie Rake literally asked the question "So, is this one of those games with three scum in it?" as if he honestly didn't ****ing know already. I played this way as a wolf in newbie 5. Fynal played this way as scum in Adumb's newbie. TRG played this way as scum in Death Note (skimmed). It's seriously not conclusive prove of his towniness and in matter of fact it just serves to make me more weary of him.

Newbies are like cats, cute and manipulative.
I mean, like, I guess man, but even after that his play has just, like, been screaming town to me. His reaction to me calling him town, his using that and people's reactions to it to make reads, just screams town trying to actually find scum man. Ya know?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm glad to see that you're living up to your name, Mr. Helpful. Continue to make sure that we all know you're extremely townie thought process.

Btw, if you want, I can totally show you how to scumhunt after this, but the path you're going down now is a dead end. Just look at the player's actions and think hard about rather or not they would do what they're doing as scum or town.
Right sue me for thinking out loud. :rolleyes: If I have something on my mind, I post it regardless of how "helpful" others mind find it. Helps me keep track of my thoughts.

I already realized I was getting nowhere with that line of thinking and have already shifted my attention elsewhere regardless.

#HBC | Gorf

Sword my man, is it cool if I put you on my town list now, or have you actually gotten better as scum over time man? Cuz, like, DGames 101 when it came to reading you has always been "if his input is good he's town, if he sucks he's mafia," but like, ya know maybe time's made you better at the scum game ya feel me?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I can go grab quotes swords,but what comes to mind is his knee jerk "wut" to karys bp joke,his banter towards you"i post my thoughts regardless man" and his back and forth with gheb during day start

#HBC | Dancer

Anyone else that would like to poke fun at my first post for not realizing Kary's obvious joke? NO? KTHANXBYE
I wasn't making fun of you, I was calling your post scummy, albeit indirectly.

This is the type of post some people might call "advice dogging." It's a post made to engender feelings of innocuous and helpfulness in the other players. I've done the same thing as both town and mafia, but more often than not I see it being done by mafia who want to be liked.

LOL'ed

Not my fault people keep bringing up my meta. *kanye shrug*

I don't follow.
@Bolded: The way you crafted that post came off to me as incredibly forged. In matter of fact, I think that all suspicious I have of you generally come from your diction. You're just generally too nice and . . . what's the word I'm looking for? Well, basically just the way you insert that "you're curious about Gheb's mindset." Was it really necessary to insert that? Do you really feel that you need to let us know why you're asking a question?

[/QUOTE]
Not really but I wouldn't dismiss the idea of a scum team sharing the same mindset towards me. It was just me thinking out loud by outlining everyone's response to my supposed "slip."[/quote]

Don't think like this. Just treat people as individuals. You can work on connections later after you got a scum flip.

#HBC | Dancer

Sword my man, is it cool if I put you on my town list now, or have you actually gotten better as scum over time man? Cuz, like, DGames 101 when it came to reading you has always been "if his input is good he's town, if he sucks he's mafia," but like, ya know maybe time's made you better at the scum game ya feel me?
No, I still suck as scum. You can go on and put me on your town list. It would be most appreciated.

#HBC | Dancer

I'm thinking Gorf/Orbo/and maybe TRG is my town. The two scum are between JDietz/Gheb/Kary.

I mean, like, I guess man, but even after that his play has just, like, been screaming town to me. His reaction to me calling him town, his using that and people's reactions to it to make reads, just screams town trying to actually find scum man. Ya know?
I understand why people might come to the conclusion that TRG is town, and you and Orbo are ones that I would expect to pick up newbie town vibes from him. TRG very well might be town, but I''m still weary. I've seen this type of play a 1000x as newbie scum and ffs he already did it, to an extant, in Death Note. There is a difference I see here though, although I don't really want to point it out in public.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I wasn't making fun of you, I was calling your post scummy, albeit indirectly.

This is the type of post some people might call "advice dogging." It's a post made to engender feelings of innocuous and helpfulness in the other players. I've done the same thing as both town and mafia, but more often than not I see it being done by mafia who want to be liked.
The way you crafted that post came off to me as incredibly forged. In matter of fact, I think that all suspicious I have of you generally come from your diction. You're just generally too nice and . . . what's the word I'm looking for? Well, basically just the way you insert that "you're curious about Gheb's mindset." Was it really necessary to insert that? Do you really feel that you need to let us know why you're asking a question?
Funny that you caught on to that... I hate delving into my meta once again since you called me out for it I might as well.

One of my overall goals in mafia is to be well liked regardless of my alignment. When first reading up on how to play mafia one of the best pieces of advice I read was that it's almost always productive to your wincon to be well liked because:
1) People (generally speaking) have a harder time lynching players they genuinely like playing with
2) Town will be more likely to work with you if you try to work "with" them as opposed to talking down to them
3) It provides an overall more enjoyable mafia experience since at the end of the day, mafia is just a game that's meant to be enjoyed

By employing a lot of these tactics in Death Note (just being the happy go lucky newbie that was trying to work with everyone to help the town) I was able to win in a pretty dominant fashion so I find a lot of effectiveness in working the social game as much as the analytical. Enough so that I've decided to stick to this playstyle regardless of my alignment. Naturally I'm trying to move away from the "newbie" persona but I still want to come off as a player that's enjoyable to play with overall.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Trg tell us who scum is if dietz isnt

Next in line for me would be Kary. Too lazy to go back and quote but so far everything Kary's posted seems like a lot of fluff that looks like posting just for the sake of posting (just refer to page 28 if you need an idea where I'm coming from).

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Orbo has actually attempted to make connections though (such as his town read on me).

There we go. The truth is that you base your townOrbo read entirely on him having you as town. I know you're gonna disagree with that statement but that's exactly how it's coming across to me. Orbo still leaning scummy for me.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Damn Sword when I first saw your post I was like "wow this is kind of long" and then I scrolled... and I scrolled... and I scrolled... and I scrolled...

Point is yea that post is long man!

Long and empty. I don't think I've ever seen Sword playing like that - not as town, that is. A sword lynch is an option we should definitely consider toDay.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Oh Gheb, you are either incredibly bad at this, or you are scum.

You could at least try.

So then you understand why TRG said what he did? Furthermore, why does it matter to you so much? Why are you going to just great lengths to just prove to him that you don't think his reasoning is legit?

1.) Yes, I understand.
2.) It matters to me because he's new and he's never played town in a non-newbie game before. I want him to understand that there's no correlation between being right and being town.
3.) I have not gone into "great lengths" about anything.
4.) I have not tried to prove anything to him either.

#HBC | Dancer

You could at least try.
Maybe later.

1.) Yes, I understand.
2.) It matters to me because he's new and he's never played town in a non-newbie game before. I want him to understand that there's no correlation between being right and being town.
3.) I have not gone into "great lengths" about anything.
4.) I have not tried to prove anything to him either.

I feel like he already understands #2 and I do think the way that you've tried to get your point across to TRG was prolonged but whatever.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You could at least try.

Swords is this a slip by gheb? It implies imo that he knows trg is town

#HBC | Gorf

Long and empty. I don't think I've ever seen Sword playing like that - not as town, that is. A sword lynch is an option we should definitely consider toDay.

Alriiiiiiiight! Considering... considering... considering...

Considered. It's not happening man!

By the way @Mod you, like, never clarified whether or not that whole "it takes 7 players to lynch" thing is legit or not, seeing how you haven't posted how many players it takes to lynch in any of your votecounts man! Mind clearing that up dude?

Yea :)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
@ With pleasure! Since it's similar to epic mafia's voting layout, I'll explain to other who don't know how it works compared to the original we have here.

For the lynch to proceed it requires all players to vote their choices, or themselves. When the time runs out, the player voted the most gets kicked out of the game (this means the player will get lynched). Two or more players that are tied after time runs out will result in an automatic no lynch. I made it like that because I'm a jerk and I want you to experience what I've went through for you guys because it works out well, although it's weird. No one is able to take advantage of this system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom