• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
You are asking him a question that imo he explained in the rest of what he posted,ie it wasnt that i was right from his pov of view so much as how i went about it

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Because everything you give him credit for in #1152 could have easily been done by a scumbag as well.

:059:

You could say this about almost every read a person provides... Every single post in this game so far could be posted by mafia. When looking for intent sometimes you just gotta go with your gut.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
(I feel like I'm witnessing a Gheb vs Orbo version of Me vs Gheb from before and people answering questions)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
"is orbo being right a towntell" seems to be about me,jussayin
There's a reason I didn't mention your name - because it totally doesn't matter who we are talking about. The point I was making is that there is no correlation between being right and being town.

You could say this about almost every read a person provides... Every single post in this game so far could be posted by mafia.

Indeed.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
What are your reads looking like?
Right now:
You null-town
Orbo could go either way, gotta see what happens
Kary nulltown
Gheb null
Swords nullscum for lurking
Gorf nullscum because I don't understand most of his thought process so far

Hit me up for explanations if you need them, I'm finishing a re-read

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
What do you dislike about his slot?

1) Didn't like how he aggressively went after Gheb and I for goofing around
2) I don't like how he keeps questioning someone and then backing off after someone gives an explanation (#1136 and #1153)
3) Also don't like how he doesn't seem to have much confidence in his reads as if he seems intent on letting other people make reads to see what will stick

Talk to us about Kary
Gorf what do you make of these highly questionable dudebros?
Kary you got a take on any of this?
I'm waiting for Orbotells.

Seems like a lot of questioning that's leading to nothing significant.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'd get over it pretty fast, because this is how I develop reads.

I'm not interested in your meta tbh. I'm looking for intent, and I'm having trouble seeing town intent in waiting around for other people to provide reads as opposed to making your own reads regardless of what everyone else thinks.

Vote: Jdietz43

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not going to defend my scumhunting tactics from someone who's never played with me before. If you don't understand why you can get reads from other people's claimed reads and opinions I don't know what to tell you.

Gorf when you get here can you explain why you're on Kary again? This feels really hollow to me:

The fact that he's a new player even further brings my TRG conclusion to a strong point man! Me and that guy really need to toast some walrus and frolic in a post psychedelic stream of consciousness man!

To those of you flower power players over here, does Kary have, like, a habit of tunneling regardless of alignment? I wanna read his tunneling of Gheb as scummy but idk, ya know? Like, broaden your horizons man, there's more to the game than just Gheb wanting me dead man! Yea :)

Also, Gheb, you obviously seem like somebody in favor of shutting down my freedom of speech man, which is kind of harsh don't ya think :(? What are your town/scum reads looking like at this point in time man if you say you're not necessarily scum reading me?
I don't get why you're not ok with Kary wanting clarification from Gheb about something you yourself are asking him to stop, it seems like a weird reason to wagon someone.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm not going to defend my scumhunting tactics from someone who's never played with me before. If you don't understand why you can get reads from other people's claimed reads and opinions I don't know what to tell you.

What you call scum hunting I call throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks. Sitting back and asking questions without making your own reads or pressuring anyone with votes is an easy playstyle for scum to hide behind.

But if your defense is simply "this is how I play" then I have no reason to move my vote until something scummier comes up.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
What you call scum hunting I call throwing **** at a wall and seeing what sticks. Sitting back and asking questions without making your own reads or pressuring anyone with votes is an easy playstyle for scum to hide behind.

But if your defense is simply "this is how I play" then I have no reason to move my vote until something scummier comes up.

You're aware that's exactly how Orb is playing too right now, right?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry man but this is just what I do. I try and find connections based on how people respond to me and what opinions they claim to have when asked. You'll see some follow-through when I'm confident the answers to my questions don't ring true or seem scum motivated, but that hasn't happened yet. Gheb told me what was logical wrt going hard on the possible you and him connection, and Gorf's response was meh and deflective but not a reason to make him the wagon that's the apple of my eye.

If you play this game with the notion that everyone in town knows what exactly what they're doing at every moment from the start of a game, you're gonna have a bad time. *skiinstructor.jpg*

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I will however clarify this dude:

Dietz said:
I don't get why you're not ok with Kary wanting clarification from Gheb about something you yourself are asking him to stop, it seems like a weird reason to wagon someone.
Like, the fact of the matter is that there are, like, so many things that are better to be focusing on than what was and now is not Ghebs insistence that I die. Correct me if you feel the need to Gheb, but that came across as Gheb looking for reactions to saying that he wants to policy me right at the start of the game, bait that Kary took. I never wanted Gheb to stop man, I just don't want people killing my vibe! I must live on :)!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You're aware that's exactly how Orb is playing too right now, right?

Orbo has actually attempted to make connections though (such as his town read on me).

If you play this game with the notion that everyone in town knows what exactly what they're doing at every moment from the start of a game, you're gonna have a bad time. *skiinstructor.jpg*
The beauty of mafia is that nobody ever knows what they're doing (minus scum). I simply go after the person that I find the scummiest, and for now that person is you.

Don't confuse asking questions with not having reads.
Your above read list says otherwise... You have everyone at a null read.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
This I me openly ignoring your request for the time being man.
I will however clarify this dude:

Like, the fact of the matter is that there are, like, so many things that are better to be focusing on than what was and now is not Ghebs insistence that I die. Correct me if you feel the need to Gheb, but that came across as Gheb looking for reactions to saying that he wants to policy me right at the start of the game, bait that Kary took. I never wanted Gheb to stop man, I just don't want people killing my vibe! I must live on :)!
Alright :<

And I see your point.

Orbo has actually attempted to make connections though (such as his town read on me).

The beauty of mafia is that nobody ever knows what they're doing (minus scum). I simply go after the person that I find the scummiest, and for now that person is you.

Your above read list says otherwise... You have everyone at a null read.
Well forgive me for not having hard reads D1 lol, but not everyone is null, you can chill on me if you want though because I can't really suggest a more productive place to look at the moment beyond getting the input of those who have been quieter.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
TvT means town vs town
SvT and TvS means scum vs town or town vs scum
SvS means scum vs scum

Just to throw you some terminology :)

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Totally random but does anyone ever read a really good book and become so invested in its universe/characters that you're just left with this empty, slightly depressing feeling once it's over? Welcome to my life atm. :(

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
If we assume the doctor can prevent 2 night kills then 2 mislynches would lead to 3 town and 2 mafia during the day phase. Basically if the doctor plays extremely well town could still win w/ 2 mislynches. Not a very likely scenario though...

Thoughts on Kary's BP claim?

Vote: Gheb

Hi Gheb! :)
ooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooo

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

booooooooooooooooooooooooobbbbbss

You are helpful! What a helpful guy you are! Pointing that out for us! And then asking for thoughts on Kary's claim to! They should call you Mr. Helpful you are so helpful.

Also so polite! What a nice greeting you had for Gheb. They should call you Mr. helpful polite guy!

true. Voting Gheb is kinda my jam though. He does tend to be scum. I don't actually want you to put him at L-1 though. You find Gorf scummy or just...?

brb reading your last game.
Well, I think we've figured as much wrt the bolded. Also yes Dietz totally thinks Gorf is scummy.

Yeah, unless you get a doc save night 1. If D2 is 3v2, it's Lylo. Still, it's probably Lylo with a clear or two.
Wow this game so ****ing sucks for mafia, one of the PRs really should have been removed.

'Yer awful jumpy ain't ya, got something to hide?

Vote: The Real Gamer
Hmmmm, Dietz what was this? Serious question.

This doesn't look nervous at all. Nope, k moving on.

my head hurts from all the WIFOM
Hmmmmmmm, does it?

Well at least that's one person that knows I'm town, but unfortunately I can't be so quick to trust you, Gorf. I was able to win my previous mafia game as scum by "confirming" town.

Jdietz I'm curious as to why you seem to be taking offense to me and Gheb goofing around... Mafia becoming paranoid about 2 townies teaming up, perhaps?
Orbo, what do you make of this post?

That's totally fair man! The reason I've got that vibe is because I take you were serious about asking Kary about that claim, and that before the game started I'm thinking you would have been certain of the setup as scum. Ya know, for like, the strategies man! Therefore, like, it's essentially a clear.

Yea :)
Not really.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude! In my catholic school days up until, like, the third grade, I'd do the same thing with all my polo shirts man! I'd just give em all a nice big chomp and half of the button just like chilled there man!

And then the walrus :c
Ugh, you don't even know man. I bite my cloths all the time. When watching a video or reading through a mafia game. In matter of fact I have my shirt between my fangs as I type this. Just a bad habit.

So Gheb is the Gorf lynch just policy?

how confident would you say you were, % wise? Doesn't seem conclusive to me.
Hmmm, oh yeah. Top notch detective work there Kary. Keep up the good pace.

Like, let's just say that you won't see my vote on him until a cop comes out with a guilty on him man! That's honestly just one of those slips townies make that end up clearing them.

That reminds me, Gamer, how many games have you played here man? I take it, like, this is your second?
Really, this isn't true. Scum, especially noob scum, love to appear innocent as ****. In Disney Singalong, noob indie Rake literally asked the question "So, is this one of those games with three scum in it?" as if he honestly didn't ****ing know already. I played this way as a wolf in newbie 5. Fynal played this way as scum in Adumb's newbie. TRG played this way as scum in Death Note (skimmed). It's seriously not conclusive prove of his towniness and in matter of fact it just serves to make me more weary of him.

Newbies are like cats, cute and manipulative.

No quite the opposite.

What have you seen so far to tell you Gheb is town?
He didn't actually say that Gheb was town, he just threw out the possibility that you were scum attacking two townies.

Where did I ever say Gheb is town?

How come? You guys really think I'm devious enough to make up those first 2 posts in an attempt to look town? lol
Actually, I totally can see it. Why not do some more stuff that "scum would never do" and then talk about how you'll never do that.

The early posts that gorf quoted. Its not something i feel like he would say as scum based on death note mafia and how he played that. I know he played a scumgame pretty well which is why im hesitant to just full out label.him town like didgorf
What differences have you've noticed between Death Note and this game?

Gheb you still haven't explained what your intent behind outing Gorf is. Trying to understand your line of thinking here.
"Trying to understand your line of thinking here."

Yeah, I'm sure you are.

Alright. Dietz can talk to me about gheb later.
Actually,dietz next dayphase you wanna start laying everything out in thread like this is a watt qt?

Lol, where did this come from? I went back to check and I don't think you were asking Dietz about Gheb earlier.

TRG said:
Overall I'm glad I ended up "slipping" cause there's been some interesting responses to Gorf's clear.

Group A (peeps who think I'm town): Gorf, Orbo
Group B (peeps who don't buy Gorf's explanation): Gheb, Jdietz
Group C (neutral): Swords, Kary

2 people in the above group are scum... Hmmm
Wait, do you mean to say that one of the above groups contains the scum team?

Kary said:
you wanted him dead before he had posted any content, no? That smacks of policy lynching to me. What is it you dislike about his slot?
OH, wow. Gosh, jeez, scum #1 FOUND.

Vote: Kary

Like there's not enough stuff happening for it to have any direction. Too many people on the sidelines and not enough on the field. I think it's one part people being missing/low activity, and the other part is small setups don't let you make waggons and pushes easily.

Maybe I'm just being impatient, I don't know.

Tell me what you think of Ditzy so far?
This is, at the very least, true.

No.

To those of you flower power players over here, does Kary have, like, a habit of tunneling regardless of alignment? I wanna read his tunneling of Gheb as scummy but idk, ya know? Like, broaden your horizons man, the
He tunnels as town all the time. The only scum game I was in with him was Persona where he was the traitor/indie recruit. There he played like a total hippie.

Kary said:
Idgaf if you disagree. It is what it is. Do you actually find him scummy here, rather than just wanting him dead?
Oi, do you actually feel like this is a path worth pursuing?

Beginning of game to page 28 done.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Totally random but does anyone ever read a really good book and become so invested in its universe/characters that you're just left with this empty, slightly depressing feeling once it's over? Welcome to my life atm. :(
Actually, kind of. When I'm finished with like, say a JRPG, there's a secret part of me that wants my life to be like that. Where's my adventure to save the world with my 6 other companions who meet under curious circumstances all of which grow close together over time and all of which have their own unique personality and weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom