• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb's Newbie Mini-Game!

[collapse="Rules"]Fundamentals

1.) Have fun with this game! Keep any and all personal attacks out.
2.) Once you die, you may make one "Bah go town/mafia!" post.
3.) No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive, unless your role specifically states otherwise.)
4.) Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread.
5.) There is no editing of your posts. Instead of editing use EBWOP: (edit by way of post) which is simply double posting. You can post as many times as you would like! Just don't edit any of them.
6.) I have the right to deny/allow anyone to sign up for this game.
7.) You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. This includes any additional PMs I may send to you outside of your role PM. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
8.) You may not post screenshots of any kind.
9.) The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
10.) You may not quote logs of communication with other players. You are free to paraphrase.
11.) If you fail to send me your night action, the action will be randomized!
12.) Failing to follow the rules will result in a forced-replacement or modkill up to my discretion.

Voting/Lynching

1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, Vote: Sephiroths Masamune
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: WashedLaundry
3.) No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
4.) After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. The Twilight phase ends when I post the lynch scene and officially begin the Night phase.
5.) The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
6.) There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase, the thread should be closed anyway.

Activity and Deadline

1.) You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (however much I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you if feasible. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
2.) I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
3.) Days will generally last 7 days.
4.) Nights will generally last 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.
5.) Should all Night Actions have been sent in before the deadline of 48 hours have passed, the Night Phase will end immediately and the next Day Phase will begin.[/collapse]

[collapse="Role PMs"]Tracker [sent out 1x]

Each Night phase you may choose to send me the name of a player via PM. At the beginning of the next Day phase, you will learn where the targeted player has gone during the Night phase.

You are aligned with the town and you win when all threats to the town habe been eliminated.

Doc [sent out 1x]

Each Night phase you may choose to send me the name of a player via PM. That player will be immune to Night Kills for that Night Phase.

You are aligned with the town and you win when all threats to the town habe been eliminated.

Vanilla [sent out 3x]

You have no special abilities

Goon [sent out 1x]

You have no special abilities

You are aligned with the mafia and you win when the mafia has a voting majority or nothing can prevent this.

Roleblocker [sent out 1x]

Each Night you may choose to send me the name of a player via PM. That player will be unable to perform any Night Action for that Night.

You are aligned with the mafia and you win when the mafia has a voting majority or nothing can prevent this.
[/collapse]

[collapse="Players"]1.) Rayquaza
2.) Kary
3.) GM
4.) Captain Hotcakes
5.) #HBC | J
6.) Leviathan
7.) Gorf[/collapse]

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

herro and welcome to newbie 28 or so, gheb's newbie game. i am your loveable voice of reason and all round nice guy Kary. As an IC i'm here to help ease you into the game of mafia and clip you round the ear when you do something self-evidently silly. If you have any questions like what you're supposed to be doing or what something means, just let me know @ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary .

since we are just getting to know one another please do introduce yourselves. I'd like to know:

where you're from
how much mafia experience you have (if any)
which player you think is most likely to be mafia

like this:

i'm Kary I live in sunny old England
I've been playing mafia here a bit over 2 years
J is gonna be scum, no doubt about it.

gl hf

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I'm GM, rather nerdy, prefer not to reveal much about my real life self. In case you want a hint, I live in "The Land of Lakes and Fire." If you can guess what that is, good. I'm still only TECHNICALLY a resident of that land.
I've played a few rounds of Mafia. Won a few games. That said, I don't think I'm all that good at it.
I don't think we can just pin someone right off the bat. In fact, it's a little suspicious that you're suggesting that. Care to explain why?

Rayquaza487

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rayquaza487
I'm GM, rather nerdy, prefer not to reveal much about my real life self. In case you want a hint, I live in "The Land of Lakes and Fire." If you can guess what that is, good. I'm still only TECHNICALLY a resident of that land.
I've played a few rounds of Mafia. Won a few games. That said, I don't think I'm all that good at it.
I don't think we can just pin someone right off the bat. In fact, it's a little suspicious that you're suggesting that. Care to explain why?
Wait, who's suspecting who?

Anyway, I'm Rayquaza. I might be new to smashboards, but this is definitely not the first mafia game I've played before. Oh, and I live in Athens GA and go to school at the University of Georgia.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
1.] @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf

May I ask what you think of the above quote?

2.] @ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary

-> a.] I hail from no one place in particular. I am a nomad and have been traveling for as long as I remember.

-> b.] I possess a respectable amount of experience in mafia albeit of different flavors.

-> c.] You, for speaking in a stereotypical manner of an Asian despite claiming to be an Englishman!

3.] As such, Vote: Kary

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
i request you pm me what alt you are (don't worry. i won't tell anyone) and tell me why you're specifically asking me before i tell you what i think of that. if the latter could be answered after i tell you you can opt out till after i answer

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
^can I get in on the PM action for alt info?

Also I'm just me for now. If I need it I always have Moira on hand.

I'll be around later tonight for a real intro but hi newbies! (Gorf included <3)

Ashemu

Smash Ace
oh i posted taht not realizing teh game had started ._.

i hope this doesnt mean i have to sub

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
...I'm still asking you to explain your reasoning. We could easily no lynch, use a randomizer...
do you think I was being serious when I said J was going to be scum?

I might be able to pin someone as scum off a single post, but off zero posts is a bit of a challenge.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
do you think I was being serious when I said J was going to be scum?

I might be able to pin someone as scum off a single post, but off zero posts is a bit of a challenge.
Alright then, I retract my comment. I was just looking for an explanation.
However, Leviathan suddenly jumping on the bandwagon before Kary even explained herself is making me a little suspicious myself.
Leviathan - 1
Kary - 1

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
1.] @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf

Leviathan rose from the sea before modern times. I'm ancient. Even if I was an alt and told you a potential identity; you would call me a liar. Please play ball with me. I asked you because you were active at the time and am interested in measuring if the assumed savviness you have at mafia may assist me in gauging your alignment through your answer.

2.] @ GM_3826 GM_3826

How do you define a bandwagon? Can you please explain the meaning behind the points you're assigning players? If I have 1 for "bandwagoning" but you retract your suspicion of Kary, then why does she have any at all?

3.] @ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary

It doesn't. That's me taking a guess over something I'm fairly certain I'm correct about. Am I wrong?

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Alright, fine.
Unvote Vote: Leviathan
J - 1
Kary - 1

Last edited:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hi guys! I'm J and apparantly I'm an IC. Though to be quite honest it seems that a lot of people have said that they have a bit of experience with mafia games so I am going to just go through this like one. I didn't really sign up to be an IC but I love teaching so I don't mind. If you have any questions, just lemme know!

@ GM_3826 GM_3826 : You have to bold your votes on this site for them to count. However, why Levi and also can you explain your point system you seem to be posting a bit more?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
GM, Hun, you bolded my name and number.

Could you answer the other part of my question, please?

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
GM, Hun, you bolded my name and number.

Could you answer the other part of my question, please?
I voted for Levi because of his comment that he voted for Kary because she said she lived in England and she sounded Asian. That doesn't seem like much of a reason, plus it's pretty scummy.

Why does it seem like GM is taking the helm? Should we even trust her?
I'm a guy.
Also, I'm just giving my suspicions.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Hello, dGamers! I go by Captain Hotcakes around the Smash community. I reside in the town of Andover, Massachusetts, which I have been living for roughly 1 year. Dun care about concealing it. It's in my location and some other places I post. I only played 1 Mafia game before on my old forum (Animal Crossing Ahead) and survived. That game didn't feel very structured though, and the game master threw in a creative writing element that influenced player decision a little bit. TBH, I am not to knowledgable in how this game is played and I've stayed away from it because of my experience. Hope to change that here! My main reason for coming to dGames is to have an outlet for text games. I also love to design my own games, which I feel would be very beneficent to my strive to be a game designer. I'm not a very run-of-the-mill conceptuer!

Anyways, it's only the 1st day and there seems to be little to convict me of the suspect. I'm reasonably going with a Vote: No Lynch.

I would like to know the definitions of some buzzwords I've seen being thrown around here (if I'm reading it correctly): IC and scum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom