• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
How is it pretty scummy GM and also can you answer the question about your point system?
I realize that it may not be "pretty scummy", but we barely have any leads.
And the point system basically tallies how many votes we have.
Currently we have one for Kary, and one for you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Anyways, it's only the 1st day and there seems to be little to convict me of the suspect. I'm reasonably going with a Vote: No Lynch.

I would like to know the definitions of some buzzwords I've seen being thrown around here (if I'm reading it correctly): IC and scum.
Hey.

Just so you know, it's very difficult to find who's mafia if you don't lynch people. Simply having a flip (someone dies and their alignment is revealed) is very valuable in terms of information. So no lynch is fine for now, but you need to be looking for leads going forward.

'IC' stands for 'inexperienced challenged'. Don't ask me why, I don't know. Basically it means you're halfway competent at the game and you're in charge of helping out others.

'scum' is used round here to refer to any non-town faction, any of the bad guys. If someone seems scummy they seem suspicious, or likely to be a masfiosi.

Also, hey.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Did Gorf get banned?

Hey.

Just so you know, it's very difficult to find who's mafia if you don't lynch people. Simply having a flip (someone dies and their alignment is revealed) is very valuable in terms of information. So no lynch is fine for now, but you need to be looking for leads going forward.

'IC' stands for 'inexperienced challenged'. Don't ask me why, I don't know. Basically it means you're halfway competent at the game and you're in charge of helping out others.

'scum' is used round here to refer to any non-town faction, any of the bad guys. If someone seems scummy they seem suspicious, or likely to be a masfiosi.

Also, hey.
Hmmm. Just seems irrational accusing someone out of random. It's the nature of the game though, and I'd assume having roles revealed one lynch after another tallies down who's the scum.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
HIJOLE can I say HIJOLE if I tell everyone it means "son of"?

THIS GAME MAY LAST A MONTH! Whoa!

Nonetheless I shall be here!

/confirm

Feast the eyes upon skill:

This is an epic act of CHUPAZ-

Can I say CHUPAZI if I insist it literally is a filler word?

/still confirm

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I AM .... ALAKASLAM!

I KILL WHAT I WISH! I KILL WHAT SCUM I CAN

MY TEETH ARE SWORDS, MY CLAWS- SPEARS! MY WINGS ARE A HURRICANE! I AM PLANAR DRAGON!!! I am basically a lame duck because I rolled vt wassup FOOS

I live in the Coachella valley because that is a place and it is big enough that I don't care who knows

I am a dry person irl but here I have only shreds of sanity left

I say what appears meaningless and ascribe great significance to it while I am sometimes shocked to find something I expected should be ignored/ taken for granted being hotly debated.

I am a heavy poster, although I of course do sleep it is rumored that Alakaslam does not.
nobody else uses my accounts. My schedule changes all the time

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Did Gorf get banned?

Hmmm. Just seems irrational accusing someone out of random. It's the nature of the game though, and I'd assume having roles revealed one lynch after another tallies down who's the scum.
the start of a game (aka 'RVS' or random voting stage) always has very little information available to the town. The mafia already knows everyone's alignment, but as townies we have to poke around in the dark to find things out. By the time we get towards the end of the Day (capital 'D' denotes a game Day as opposed to rl days), we should have a reasonable idea of who's worth keeping around. Does this help? My head is not quite in the game today.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
the start of a game (aka 'RVS' or random voting stage) always has very little information available to the town. The mafia already knows everyone's alignment, but as townies we have to poke around in the dark to find things out. By the time we get towards the end of the Day (capital 'D' denotes a game Day as opposed to rl days), we should have a reasonable idea of who's worth keeping around. Does this help? My head is not quite in the game today.
Makes sense. Although are you implying that the mafia know all player roles or all mafia roles? The game I played had like 2 mafia sent.

I suggest finding a free WI-Fi hotspot or a Wi-Fi card during your downtime on vacation. You should limit your posting here to game only for ease of access.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
alignment = whether a player is town or mafia or another faction. since this game only has two factions, and the mafia know who one another are, they know who is town.
however, they don't know which role each town player has, and they don't have any way of finding out in this setup.

I am going away for the day. Even if I could find a way to get online in a place where I can't get phone signal, I don't want to have to check on this while I'm away. I'll catch-up sometime Sunday I expect.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we can just pin someone right off the bat. In fact, it's a little suspicious that you're suggesting that. Care to explain why?
I voted for Levi because of his comment that he voted for Kary because she said she lived in England and she sounded Asian. That doesn't seem like much of a reason, plus it's pretty scummy.
1.] @ Alakaslam Alakaslam

Greetings. Can you please share any thoughts you have on the above quotes?

2.] @ Rayquaza487 Rayquaza487

I see that you have played mafia elsewhere before. Can you briefly describe your approach to the game?

3.] @ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary

What do you mean you wouldn't want to check up on this game? Aren't you going to miss us!?

Rayquaza487

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rayquaza487
My approach? I analyze each person's behavior from the side lines (although I am usually more talkative than I am now). But I'm new here, and I don't really know any of your playstyles, so I'm very unsure of which one of you I should trust.

I also usually play in larger games, so I'm still getting used to the fact that I should actually trust more of you, seeing as how that probably means there are only two or three mafia players this time.

Rayquaza487

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rayquaza487
I can confirm that I will not miss you.

I can also tell you that there's exactly two mafiosi.
What do you mean you won't miss me? Does that mean you don't care about me ;<

Also, how can you confirm that there are only two of them? Want to tell us something more Kary, hm?

Last edited:

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I think voting is cool folks

We have the luxurious amount of time, like why the hell not take a stance? Can always change the vote

And lol hypocrisy "is early for FoS so I FoS u SSON what u do about this hey

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
I feel that who Kary is talking about is obvious. It should be even clearer by the time the next day starts.
...Can we just vote for Leviathan?
Unvote: J
Vote: Leviathan

Last edited:

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we can just pin someone right off the bat. In fact, it's a little suspicious that you're suggesting that. Care to explain why?
I voted for Levi because of his comment that he voted for Kary because she said she lived in England and she sounded Asian. That doesn't seem like much of a reason, plus it's pretty scummy.
1.] J, do you have any thoughts on the above quotes? If so, can you please share them?

2.] Alakaslam, while I am in agreement that town players should have their vote on someone 9/10 times, may I ask why you are not adhering to the mentality you've postulated everyone else should be following? Also, is there anything specific you would like to talk about?

3.] I am going to stop tagging people unless I believe my inquiries are especially pressing. I imagine it can get annoying.

4.] Vote: J

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Didn't think you gave me anything to respond to. Looking back you are calling me scum to call me scum. Okay. Well I don't have much to say, but let's go down this since conversation is dead. Can you tell me the last time you read me as town when we were both town? When you wer scum and I was town? You say you can read me 100% and therefore I have faith that you should be able to determine what I am sooner rather than later. Please be detailed as you can be with content being so low. I'd like to figure you out sooner before the other slots that neither of us have 0 meta on.

@ GM_3826 GM_3826 : Why would you like us to vote Leviathan? I am still waiting on an explanation to what you found scummy in the quote Leviathan just quoted and now you are back onto Leviathan for a reason I cannot seem to pinpoint.

@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan : Well I do not like GM's uneasiness thus far. It seems very...finger pointy? He isn't explaining his actions and seeming to look at things that do not seem very focused on helping find scum but looking for who could be painted as suspicious. For now, I would say GM is my scum-lean at the time. Otherwise, the rest of the players haven't posted enough to say much else.

Vote: GM_3826

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
EBWOP: Woops, I derped haha

@ #HBC | J #HBC | J why are you ignoring me bby
Didn't think you gave me anything to respond to. Looking back you are calling me scum to call me scum. Okay. Well I don't have much to say, but let's go down this since conversation is dead. Can you tell me the last time you read me as town when we were both town? When you were scum and I was town? You say you can read me 100% and therefore I have faith that you should be able to determine what I am sooner rather than later. Please be detailed as you can be with content being so low. I'd like to figure you out sooner before the other slots that neither of us have 0 meta on.

@ GM_3826 GM_3826 : Why would you like us to vote Leviathan? I am still waiting on an explanation to what you found scummy in the quote Leviathan just quoted and now you are back onto Leviathan for a reason I cannot seem to pinpoint.

@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan : Well I do not like GM's uneasiness thus far. It seems very...finger pointy? He isn't explaining his actions and seeming to look at things that do not seem very focused on helping find scum but looking for who could be painted as suspicious. For now, I would say GM is my scum-lean at the time. Otherwise, the rest of the players haven't posted enough to say much else.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
1.] J, do you have any thoughts on the above quotes? If so, can you please share them?

2.] Alakaslam, while I am in agreement that town players should have their vote on someone 9/10 times, may I ask why you are not adhering to the mentality you've postulated everyone else should be following? Also, is there anything specific you would like to talk about?

3.] I am going to stop tagging people unless I believe my inquiries are especially pressing. I imagine it can get annoying.

4.] Vote: J
Indecision

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Can't get too comfy on the bleachers now. Some people are calling shots straight away, in less than rational manner. Have reason to believe this suspicision.

Unvote: No Lynch

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Leviathan [2] - GM_3826, Rayquaza
J [1] - Leviathan
GM_3826 [3] - J, Alakaslam, Captain Hotcakes

Not voting [1] - Kary

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

:059:

Last edited:
Status