• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
5.) There is no editing of your posts. Instead of editing use EBWOP: (edit by way of post) which is simply double posting. You can post as many times as you would like! Just don't edit any of them.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Didn't think you gave me anything to respond to. Looking back you are calling me scum to call me scum. Okay. Well I don't have much to say, but let's go down this since conversation is dead. Can you tell me the last time you read me as town when we were both town? When you were scum and I was town? You say you can read me 100% and therefore I have faith that you should be able to determine what I am sooner rather than later. Please be detailed as you can be with content being so low. I'd like to figure you out sooner before the other slots that neither of us have 0 meta on.
I think the last time we were both town was the newbie mafia BW ran you replaced into. I liked your direction there and it became obvious very quickly that you were looking for scum.

a bit of research shows that the actual last time was sephiroth mafia, where you replaced in and I was suspicious of you but more convinced you were being dumb than being scum. I did get shot before it really hit the fan though.

And I've never been scum when you weren't also scum.

But that's really more of a fascinating historical aside than anything. Look:

"Sunny old England" haha you liar. It's never sunny there.
You're already calling me a liar, subtly discrediting me without actually posting anything of substance. Besides, it is sunny 10% of the time in England.

I'll be around later tonight for a real intro but hi newbies! (Gorf included <3)
Then there's this. You're already making an excuse to leave the thread ('be around later') - but your intro was only three lines long! It seems more like you're nervous about being in thread, than there's actually any reason why you'd have to be back later on.

Oh, and in case you didn't realize, you wrote 'haha' in your first post. 100% scumtell right there.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Well I do not like GM's uneasiness thus far. It seems very...finger pointy? He isn't explaining his actions and seeming to look at things that do not seem very focused on helping find scum but looking for who could be painted as suspicious. For now, I would say GM is my scum-lean at the time. Otherwise, the rest of the players haven't posted enough to say much else.
UHHH WHAT

did you just wait til I was away to start making stuff up?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not sure what to do. I'm so confused >_<

Vote: Leviathan
Why are you voting for someone to be eliminated if you don't know what you're doing? Hmmm.

Enough sidelines. What do you think of the waggon on GM? Is there reason to be suspicious of GM, and what do you think of the different people voting for him?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Kary said:
You're already calling me a liar, subtly discrediting me without actually posting anything of substance. Besides, it is sunny 10% of the time in England.
I laughed pretty damn hard at this, Kary. Of course I'm gonna tease you about England considering I grew up there too. But wasn't meant to discredit you, more a light-hearted jest but okay.

Kary said:
Then there's this. You're already making an excuse to leave the thread ('be around later') - but your intro was only three lines long! It seems more like you're nervous about being in thread, than there's actually any reason why you'd have to be back later on.
Not really nervous to be in thread, moreso that post was a phone post so it was short. *It's no secret I have to phone post most the time and only get to post at late night hours after my work-outs* Plus I never like playing D1 especially because I am connection player. Then again, at this point I am figuring you are not serious at all regarding your push on me otherwise, your vote would be on me as well. If you do believe I am scum, why is your vote not on me?

Kary said:
Oh, and in case you didn't realize, you wrote 'haha' in your first post. 100% scumtell right there.
You always use this as your RVS reason to push me haha. I think you'd learn I tend to laugh a lot in my posts because I'm a generally happy person.

Regardless, let's focus onto something I found curious of you. You come into the thread and comment on the votes and wagons but this is all you said:

well this is interesting
You said it is interesting, but what about it is interesting? What do you think of the wagons and the pattern of votes onto them? Let's play a game: GM flips scum: who looks good on that wagon and why? GM flips town: who looks bad and why?

I want you in the game more because most of what you have said toDay has been focused around your push on me. The reason I want you more in the game is because I have trouble reading you sometimes. I do not like that you said this:

UHHH WHAT

did you just wait til I was away to start making stuff up?
Because what problem do you have? You say that I am making stuff up, but you don't point out how. Saying overt things to be hipster is odd, but I stand by what I said and GM hasn't been explaining his actions up to par and I've been having to prod him over and over to respond and when he does he's just like "welp, cuz it's scummy" which isn't a valid answer to me. If you think I am making it up, then I have to say you need to re-read the thread please.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Unvote

I do not want a quick-hammer and the game is just getting started. Plus I have no idea when the deadline is.

@Mod: can we have the deadline in the vote-counts please?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yet now I decide

Vote GM_3826

Defense thyself!
Can't get too comfy on the bleachers now. Some people are calling shots straight away, in less than rational manner. Have reason to believe this suspicision.

Unvote: No Lynch
Vote: GM_3826
Why did you guys choose to join me in voting GM? It's dandy to vote, but it's not dandy to vote without reason.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Can't remember. Probably wanted him to come back and be like "nonono wtf? Why three people on me already? Here is my townie manifesto of Palmarvic wisdom"

(Translation from "chupazi" to "englische": pressure votes)

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Two IML games! This will be an experience.

Folks I am a "you are here, you talk to me? Then I see what I think of you" player

If no one is ever online when I am I will be very little use to you

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
EST and I don't even know what IML means. I have no reason to not believe you currently so atm I'll believe you.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Because what problem do you have? You say that I am making stuff up, but you don't point out how. Saying overt things to be hipster is odd, but I stand by what I said and GM hasn't been explaining his actions up to par and I've been having to prod him over and over to respond and when he does he's just like "welp, cuz it's scummy" which isn't a valid answer to me. If you think I am making it up, then I have to say you need to re-read the thread please.
J, the best you can level against GM is that he isn't explaining his reads. And that's true of basically everyone in the game. He's explained his actions very clearly:

I voted for Levi because of his comment that he voted for Kary because she said she lived in England and she sounded Asian. That doesn't seem like much of a reason, plus it's pretty scummy.
I realize that it may not be "pretty scummy", but we barely have any leads.
If you can actually split the difference and tell me why GM is moreso 'looking for who could be painted as suspicious' than just looking for scum, then maybe i'll have a little bit more faith in you.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Why did you guys choose to join me in voting GM? It's dandy to vote, but it's not dandy to vote without reason.
I think Kary explained it well enough. But I'm voting on the whim of suspicion here. Without these accusatory votes, the RVP would be stagnant.

Might as well have one of the vets explain reads in further detail. For me, the term 'read' conotates fighting games, where you try to predict what actions your opponent will do next.

#HBC | Leviathan

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we can just pin someone right off the bat. In fact, it's a little suspicious that you're suggesting that. Care to explain why?
I voted for Levi because of his comment that he voted for Kary because she said she lived in England and she sounded Asian. That doesn't seem like much of a reason, plus it's pretty scummy.
1.] I pulled the quotes above and inquired players about them because they lend themselves to determining alignment. At the time that GM was making these statements in the game, nothing of worth was being posted nor had anyone attacked each other in ways common to early game. I enjoyed how swift GM was to start questioning Kary and actually didn't mind when he voted me and kept with the pressure. That is because I find townies likelier to stick out their necks and cause conflict and controversy as opposed to scum who are trying to survive. When I read those posts, the thought that struck me was that GM didn't care how he was perceived by others in the thread and this is reinforced in 5401: "I realize that it [his reason for voting me] may not be 'pretty scummy', but we barely have any leads." Instead of arguing to save face and reach to justify his position as I assume most scum would, he opted to admit the weakness of the vote and stand by it.

2.] As such, I'm not keen on J's attitude with regards to GM. GM is swinging his sword looking for something to stick, and J takes issue with the slot because he is - as stated in 5433 - "finger pointy", which is a ridiculous thing to scumlean someone for in the context of D1. That is how almost anyone approaches the game at that point and J taking issue with it to the point that it evokes such a label from him reeks of dishonesty.

3.] Captain Hotcakes, the term 'read' means what alignment a player is guessing another player's to be.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
J, the best you can level against GM is that he isn't explaining his reads. And that's true of basically everyone in the game. He's explained his actions very clearly:

If you can actually split the difference and tell me why GM is moreso 'looking for who could be painted as suspicious' than just looking for scum, then maybe i'll have a little bit more faith in you.
Uhm, you are nitpicking at my wording here, Kary. I meant what I said but you seem to be reading it differently. Sorry if it came across the other way.

The reason I believe GM is moreso looking for who could be painted as suspicious is due to things like his vote on Leviathan, he came in and just said "can we just lynch him already" which didn't sit right with me, plus he voted with you on me for a weak reason but changed it. Mainly, I do not have him as a strong scum-read like you and Levi seem to think but it is mainly something and someone I want to question. However, if you keep interjecting without letting GM come in and say something myself, it's just anti-town. However, GM hasn't gone anywhere.

Question: What did I gain from unvoting my wagon when it's at L-1? If he truly was a hard scum-read of mine, I have no problem leaving him there to fester a bit, but the thing is we still have not gotten anything out of this day really besides Alakaslam saying he doesn't like the style of game it is, Captain/Ray/GM are just float posting which could just be their playstyle, Levi comes in with large walls that don't really go anywhere truly, and you are having a hard-on for me which is not indicative of your alignment since you do that nearly every game *Yes, I checked past games*.

Overall, the reason I guess I blurbed a bit more than I thought is because I am kind of getting annoyed at the insinuation that I am being disgenious when I am truly just trying to make do with the tools I have currently. I do not really find anyone as a scum-lean and sadly I have no one as a town-read either. I am trying to sit back and let others post but the thing is no one is posting and I have the need to post just to generate discussion.

@ #HBC | Leviathan #HBC | Leviathan : Yes it is a weak reason to have someone has a scum-lean but there really isn't much else going on in the game and no one else is trying to push the game forward. How does my push "reeks of dishonesty" and why are you choosing to look at it that way? Could I not just be someone who is also looking at someone as scummy and trying to push his motives to garner a read on the slot? You wouldn't know this (but I have the suspicion you do), but I do not have hard reads on D1 in terms of scum-reads. The last mini-mafia I did was because of the fact Ditzy was blatantly scummy and I bit onto it. Here I am just pushing GM, but he hasn't even responded to me.

Guys...
Just... lynch me. I'm of no use.
Alright, let's talk a bit. Who do you think is scummy in your mind? You say you are no use but that is far from the truth. Everyone is useful in a game so what did you think when you saw the wagon on you? What do you think of those who voted you? What do you make of Kary/Levi pseudo-defending you by questioning my motives behind the push on you? Please be detailed.

Rayquaza487

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rayquaza487
After re-reading through all of the posts since I left, I think I will keep my vote on Levi. GM's voting may be a bit brash, but we can't just waste days. That's just giving the mafia more time to kill us off.

Rayquaza487

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rayquaza487
Why are you voting for someone to be eliminated if you don't know what you're doing? Hmmm.

Enough sidelines. What do you think of the waggon on GM? Is there reason to be suspicious of GM, and what do you think of the different people voting for him?
In my mafia experience, I have learned that as a villager it is better to vote and be wrong than to not vote at all, which is why I see nothing wrong with GM's initial vote. Yes his reasoning may have been a bit lacking, but we have to stick by somebody nonetheless (or risk wasting a day), and I don't feel that I've heard enough from the rest of you to conceive a concrete opinion on any of you as of now.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
I think Kary explained it well enough. But I'm voting on the whim of suspicion here. Without these accusatory votes, the RVP would be stagnant.

Might as well have one of the vets explain reads in further detail. For me, the term 'read' conotates fighting games, where you try to predict what actions your opponent will do next.
Read is like a reference to the saying "I can read you like a book" in other words your leaning regarding what you think their alignment is

Rayquaza487

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rayquaza487

##Unvote
Not trying to discourage you, but don't let that be the reason for an unvote. GM saying that startled me a bit at first, but he could just be saying that so that we won't vote for him, like reverse psychology. I've seen that tactic be used far too often.

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
Not trying to discourage you, but don't let that be the reason for an unvote. GM saying that startled me a bit at first, but he could just be saying that so that we won't vote for him; WIFOM. I've seen that tactic be used far too often.
Indeed, I love WIFOM as both alignments

No it does not look like scum martyr

I have seen like 5 martyrs on TL, scum was way different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom