• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf

I don't want you to be scum but like I just don't know. I see no other like real option because I read the other two much townier than you.

I'm also annoyed Kanty for just giving up and not helping town with discussion. Like that's just so anti-town.
why do you read jex as town?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I suggest everyone does this and posts notes. It's not long and can help you guys decide who you may feel is the final scum. It's crunch time and truly the most fun part of the game.

(Mainly saying this for the newbies, Gorf)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
why do you read jex as town?
I'd rather know why you scum-read him rather than just PoE. His tone, his early posting, his responses to Ditzy, his conviction on Kanty being scum and not just voting you D1, his fumbling of wording during the zen debacle read and newbie town, and honestly he's my strongest town-read. I do not know him as a person (though apparantly I should if Badwolf introduced him which means we were in high school together more than likely haha) so I do not think he is acting with his genuineness and I do not have any scum-vibes from him.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I'd rather know why you scum-read him rather than just PoE. His tone, his early posting, his responses to Ditzy, his conviction on Kanty being scum and not just voting you D1, his fumbling of wording during the zen debacle read and newbie town, and honestly he's my strongest town-read. I do not know him as a person (though apparantly I should if Badwolf introduced him which means we were in high school together more than likely haha) so I do not think he is acting with his genuineness and I do not have any scum-vibes from him.
???? I don't know Badwolf lol.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
In the newbie sign up? Yes. I seemed to have thought you and SML both knew BW when it was just her.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
<---- phone poster

I don't see locations unless I click the username haha. Still this doesn't really Help either of us determine either of our alignments haha.

JeXs

Smash Champion
When we hydra'd were we contract hitman? I feel like it probably would have been beneficial for you to keep this under wraps lol but ayy at least I don't have to bother reading you.

@ JeXs JeXs this is zen. Generally he's nuts.

Contract hitman if you're out there it'd be way beneficial to CC #freescum
This seems lazy to me, but I can't decide if it's lazy town/ lazy scum.
There are three options. 1. That Zack Fair is contract hitman 2. That Zack Fair is scum who claims to be contract hitman or 3. That Zack Fair is townie who claims to be contract hitman. The third option seems unlikely because the real hitman might also reveal himself, and when there are two persons, who claim to the real hitman it's obvious that either of them is lying. That would lead to a situation where one townie and one hitman would be suspected. Why would townie want this?

The second option is also unlikely, because it would be suicidal.

So that really means that Zack Fair is contract hitman, since all the other options would be harmful to him.

However, that doesn't mean that I believe that J is scum. I don't really think that a dream is good reason to vote for anybody.

Vote: JeXs

Your reasoning for your Vote makes me confused. First you doubt the "information" Zack gives to you. When Zack claims that the source of his "information" is a dream, you suddenly believe him? Why?
This post by reader shows his thought process, but the 3 options he gave are just really obvious stuff that most people should be able to figure out. Scum might do such things to make it look like they're contributing, I'm willing to let him pass however, it seems that he's mostly new to this, especially from the 2nd part of the post where he votes me. Slight town lean from this post.
When a player joins the bandwagon he doesn't have to justify his vote. When a player doesn't justify his votes and doesn't share his/her thoughts the player isn't contributing to the game. If we won't get enough information about that player, we cannot form a clear picture of him/her. Only mafia benefits from this situation, so that's why early bandwagons aren't usually very beneficial (unless by chance the target happens to be part of mafia, which has approximately 29% possibility of occurring in this game build).

And while joining the bandwagon wasn't, in my opinion, very good move from JeXs, that doesn't automatically mean that s/he's scum. Every player makes mistakes and newbies do them more. Anyways, there is someone, who hasn't really been very contributing.

Vote: Potassium

Sharing is caring and by not sharing your thoughts you have shown that you don't care about us. However, it's not too late to change! Why have you only voted newbies? Do you have any opinions about other players?
Reader prods potato here for not contributing much while Dietz has not posted once as of this post. Don't really understand why.
If JeXs truly is scum, then his 180 was bad move. Why would he vote for Potassium when he could alternatively vote for Gof without getting unwanted attention? Would he really believe that he could pull it off without getting suspicious? JeXs position before the 180 was good, so why risk everything? I'm thinking about these questions and haven't found any good answers.

The internet connection of the cruise was horrible. For three hours I tried to make a decent post, and this abomination was the only post I managed to write and accidentally sent. Please ignore it.
This post reads pretty townie to me. He looks at why I actually voted potato when I could just vote for Gorf without getting any suspicion on me as scum, unlike the others who just scum read me for doing so.

JeXs

Smash Champion
<---- phone poster

I don't see locations unless I click the username haha. Still this doesn't really Help either of us determine either of our alignments haha.
Sorry, it made me think you were skimming. I actually posted that in thread, it was a reply to Zen.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Not for me or Zen who would have to read it with biting nails.

This is my feelings on Kanty pretty well summed up. After re-reading the game, I feel I'm actually going to switch Kanty and Reader around in terms of reads. I cannot really see Reader being scum with the tonality of his posts and the genuineness he has had regarding his reads and that hammer he dd yesterDay. Jexy has also been very town this whole game.

Now it's time to figure out which of Gorf or Kanty is the fire mafia.

I would like a fight to the death to occur. *bangs gong*
Your wording here seems to imply that you have Reader as town pretty solidly, since you say you can't really see him being scum, but later on you go on to say that Reader is only null/ slight town iirc. What caused this change? I don't think much happened between.

I changed my mind. I updated my thoughts.

I'm going to go find something.
Was it in this post?
I mean, if I was scum, I would have kept Zen alive because he had me as his hardest town-read and also for the fact he wouldn't have been a threat.
WIFOM.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Your wording here seems to imply that you have Reader as town pretty solidly, since you say you can't really see him being scum, but later on you go on to say that Reader is only null/ slight town iirc. What caused this change? I don't think much happened between.
I was not solidly town reading, Reader. I merely stated that Kanty moved down and I switched him with Reader. That makes the two swap in terms of reads where I had Reader as a null-town lean. Nothing changed in my reads.

Jexy said:
Was it in this post?
Nope, explained above.

Jexy said:
Yes it is WIFOM, I do not get the point of why you are bringing it up besides just to point out a textbook term.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. As for WIFOM, it could easily mislead us.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
I think we can assume, that scum not making a kill was a considered decision. Who would benefit from this extra day?

If JeXs was scum, why would he give Gorf time to prove that he's innocent? J said that he would vote for Gorf if he's in the lylo and I have said that I consider JeXs as town. So why wouldn't he kill either J or me during the night and vote for Gorf during lylo? I see no clear benefit.

If J was mafia would he benefit from this extra day? I don't think so. The situation is the same as the one where JeXs was Scum.

Would Gorf benefit from this extra day if he was scum? Well, Potato hammered himself and the day ended quickly, so Gorf didn't really have time to defend himself. Everybody thought that he's the scummiest player and that means his chances of surviving are very low. If he could somehow make an extra day, defend himself properly and then kill someone the next night he would better odds.

Just my speculation on who would benefit from this extra day and why it in my opinion points towards Gorf being scum.

#HBC | Gorf

we can't quite use the lack of kill as a means of piecing together suspicion on somebody, that's some HARDCORE wifom.

im really sorry btw, ive been chillin with my homie since literally sunday afternoon cuz his girl's out of town n ****. so yea, sorry for the delay in response, but as soon as i get myself isolated i can look back at this whole thread

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Yeah, it is honestly between Gorf and Reader. I refuse to believe Jexy is scum and if he is good on him. I just can't pin him as scum this game.

Reader's last post in trying to use the No Kill WIFOM as a reason to suspect Gorf gives him negative points from me.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I actually read Reader's WIFOM post as newbtown, it lines up with what he's been doing the entire game.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Gorf would be such the easy answer.

Reader would be the answer in a normal game.

You would be the answer in my nightmare.

Wah, just wah.

#HBC | Gorf

overall synopsis:

scum played well.

that's it folks good night ill see you next game :)

nah im just kidding lemme take a look

but i WILL say this:

vote no lynch

this scum could have either done this on purpose or done this by accident. i think we benefit no matter what from nling, seeing how it could easily give us a clear of us four (if it was a mistake) or judge the character of the scum (if it was on purpose/actually if it was EITHER a mistake or on purpose). plus, it gives us more time than 5 days to finalize the game winning or game losing decision. it's just... safer.

#HBC | Gorf

so i decided to base this reread mostly on the actions of d1 because dietz, a flipped scum, was present and because i wasn't around for the vast majority of d1. also i gotta wake up in 5 or so hours. ill get to d2 later in life if im left unsatisfied with this, and hopefully we'll nl so that scum makes the mistake of keeping "the easy lynch" alive so i can wreck em.

pg 124

i like my interaction with jex. he was kinda taken back that i had asked em what he should do and his thoughts on, well, essentially nothing. no motivation to please. just genuine confusion. now, i wouldn't put it past any decent scum player to put this on the back burner... but jex is a newb. he's never dealt with having to face someone you know is tryna find you out, and that **** can make someone act... well... scummy.

pg 125

starting to like jex more and starting to agree with my thoughts of how reader has handled himself less. it's honestly null, considering the fact that the only telling thing about a post where you lay out EVERY possibility is your take on it. do we reeeeeeally need to see every facet of a thought process that involves this:

There are three options. 1. That Zack Fair is contract hitman 2. That Zack Fair is scum who claims to be contract hitman or 3. That Zack Fair is townie who claims to be contract hitman. The third option seems unlikely because the real hitman might also reveal himself, and when there are two persons, who claim to the real hitman it's obvious that either of them is lying. That would lead to a situation where one townie and one hitman would be suspected. Why would townie want this?

The second option is also unlikely, because it would be suicidal.

So that really means that Zack Fair is contract hitman, since all the other options would be harmful to him.

However, that doesn't mean that I believe that J is scum. I don't really think that a dream is good reason to vote for anybody.

Vote: JeXs

Your reasoning for your Vote makes me confused. First you doubt the "information" Zack gives to you. When Zack claims that the source of his "information" is a dream, you suddenly believe him? Why?
well sure, if you wanna hide the fact that your post should really only be a couple lines long.

pg 126

... yea it's about here where i can see where this is going. same "jex got dem feels goin on" statement and same "reader's posts sure LOOK good if you're skimming but don't really say much" sentiment. i wont babble but like for example, his post at the top of this page just feels like a machine wrote it. his personal insight at the bottom of the post is strange (voting kantrip for not sharing much? why not vote like dietz? why is that a reason to lay your vote?) and then the rest is just stating facts. that's it. his posts are a bunch of fluff.

yea there's really not much more of significance that doesn't lead to the conclusions i made above. my read on j is the same as it's been, and imma go ahead and flip my reader and my jex reads around. i still stick to the sentiment that jex can very well just have a SMART innate scum game, but id rather believe the more logical read rather than the "jex may be good as scum but im not sure" read. j > jex > reader.

but we should still nl.

#HBC | Gorf

it's really under the possibility of you being scum. if you're scum you played the role REALLY well. if you're town, well, you obviously have the standard things to improve on, but you did good at making your true self known and shown. believe it or not that's a skill that people tend to overlook, but the ability to make yourself be read correctly as town is a quality that many overlook, seeing how it's simply expected that players SHOULD just be able to read you correctly.

#HBC | Gorf

by the way, out of context, but jex and reader if you both would like feel free to /in the queue game going on, i feel like your activity levels are both very much fine enough to manage being in an actual queue game :)

JeXs

Smash Champion
But are we good enough? You said that you didn't want to teach newbies in a normal game lol.

#HBC | Gorf

yea you got the ropes that's really all you need. "teaching" is moreso about the mechanics of the game, not the skill of the player. that's learned over time.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
I will read the whole game again and try to create some stronger reads.

Day 1

p. 128

JeXs does his 180 and votes for Potato. I think I already posted my thoughts about that. To me it looks like a risky/bad move for a scum. I believe that JeXs is town and was just sum reading potato.

p. 129

J makes his rather large post where he defends JeXs and votes for Dietz. I think that was towny action, since generally scum doesn't want to protect townies, who are in danger of being lynched.

During the first day Gorf mainly helped newbies. As other pointed out, it was kinda suspicious. I didn't get any strong reads about him. However, we must keep in mind that Gorf was busy IRL during the first day.

At the moment JeXs > J > Gorf. I'll do the other days later.

Gorf said:
voting kantrip for not sharing much? why not vote like dietz? why is that a reason to lay your vote?
Kantrip had only voted newbies in RVS. At the moment I just wanted him to take part in discussion instead of just voting others. I could have voted Dietz, but I didn't think that it would be as useful, since Dietz probably wasn't even aware that the game had started or was busy and couldn't post. In my books a player who only votes others without taking part in discussions is scummier than the one who is busy IRL and can't post. Do you find my vote for potato suspicious even though you voted for him with very similar reasons?

Gorf said:
and hopefully we'll nl so that scum makes the mistake of keeping "the easy lynch" alive so i can wreck em.
I don't get this. If your easy lynch is the scum , the scum would make a mistake by keeping himself alive? And if the scum is not your easy lynch the scum should kill him since keeping the easy target alive would be a mistake? I don't think that your statement is scummy, since it's probably strange just because I didn't understand it. Could you please explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom