• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dietz do you agree on scum gofr? Who do we go for after that? Other than yourself, the only choices to me really is kantrip > Jex.
After this last page, the only logical choices are Gorf or Jex, I don't think I'll consider any other lynch today barring something crazy slipping from someone else. A Gorf focusing on keeping the peace is usually bad news (even if this is him trying to be newb friendly, his game actions are also very neutral), and I can't see town intent in Jex reversing his mood on Kantrip at just a hint from someone else that there were things to push him for, it's way too opportunistic to be natural.

I'll agree to have Gorf toDay, if only because he'll struggle much harder than Jex will come tomorrow if we lynch Jex first. Kinda lazy logic lol, but it seems like the correct play to me.

Vote: Gorf

L-1

JeXs

Smash Champion
After this last page, the only logical choices are Gorf or Jex, I don't think I'll consider any other lynch today barring something crazy slipping from someone else. A Gorf focusing on keeping the peace is usually bad news (even if this is him trying to be newb friendly, his game actions are also very neutral), and I can't see town intent in Jex reversing his mood on Kantrip at just a hint from someone else that there were things to push him for, it's way too opportunistic to be natural.

I'll agree to have Gorf toDay, if only because he'll struggle much harder than Jex will come tomorrow if we lynch Jex first. Kinda lazy logic lol, but it seems like the correct play to me.

L-1
I don't see how I'm "reversing" my mood on Kantrip. When was I actually town reading him? Just because I liked that he was posting doesn't mean I was town reading him.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Like" may not mean you think he's overt town, but you said you liked them: as in didn't find them to be bad. Now you're voting him for being scum based on those exact same posts and calling them bad. That's a definite reversal of opinion.

I don't see how I'm "reversing" my mood on Kantrip. When was I actually town reading him? Just because I liked that he was posting doesn't mean I was town reading him.
@Underlined: You said you liked the posts themselves. Not merely the fact he was posting.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by strong. Also, good string of posts! I like it.

JeXs

Smash Champion
"Like" may not mean you think he's overt town, but you said you liked them: as in didn't find them to be bad. Now you're voting him for being scum based on those exact same posts and calling them bad. That's a definite reversal of opinion.

@Underlined: You said you liked the posts themselves. Not merely the fact he was posting.
Please read the previous page.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That doesn't answer my question.

He can be fence-sitty with his reads and not have any scumreads, but we still need to lynch someone. So I want to know what his thoughts are on that someone being Gorf. Surely he has townreads and can PoE something up, or can judge a lynch based on other criteria.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
If JeXs truly is scum, then his 180 was bad move. Why would he vote for Potassium when he could alternatively vote for Gof without getting unwanted attention? Would he really believe that he could pull it off without getting suspicious? JeXs position before the 180 was good, so why risk everything? I'm thinking about these questions and haven't found any good answers.

JeXs: Who, iän yo
The internet connection of the cruise was horrible. For three hours I tried to make a decent post, and this abomination was the only post I managed to write and accidentally sent. Please ignore it.

JeXs

Smash Champion
If JeXs truly is scum, then his 180 was bad move. Why would he vote for Potassium when he could alternatively vote for Gof without getting unwanted attention? Would he really believe that he could pull it off without getting suspicious? JeXs position before the 180 was good, so why risk everything? I'm thinking about these questions and haven't found any good answers.

The internet connection of the cruise was horrible. For three hours I tried to make a decent post, and this abomination was the only post I managed to write and accidentally sent. Please ignore it.
If I was truly scum I could easily hop on Gorf for an easy lynch. I'm truly scum reading Kantrip.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
That doesn't answer my question.

He can be fence-sitty with his reads and not have any scumreads, but we still need to lynch someone. So I want to know what his thoughts are on that someone being Gorf. Surely he has townreads and can PoE something up, or can judge a lynch based on other criteria.

Well the thing is, you are trapping me into an unfair question based on the events that have happened. Everyone has pretty much said they are A-Okay with Gorf going toDay because I have a feeling this is a town that is content with anyone else dying besides themselves so it's a bit of a survivalistic town. However, Gorf has not posted ever since I gave my opinion on not having any strong scum-reads or anything. He said he was really busy with life and I know which show he is doing which requires a LOT of work and effort. He hasn't even been in the social like at all either. So I cannot really update my opinion on nothing, but air. There is logic to present that Gorf could easily flip town or scum so it quite truly is a 50/50 for me so yeah. It's a fencesitty answer, but an honest answer of my thoughts regarding Gorf.

You want me to PoE the game D1? That's not plausible.

Regarding Jexy, I am still leaning that he is more likely town that is getting caught fumbling over his words. What is scummy about a complete newbie doing that? I mean it's kind of good the players are treating him like he isn't, but at the same time you have to consider this variable. His post on him saying "If I was scum I could just hop on Gorf, but I truly scum-read Kanty" screams town and not scum. He is looking for a scum-read on his own and going against what town wants at this time to follow something else. That makes me comfortable with Jexs and will not be lynching him

Unvote

Now where do I think would be a good competing wagon against Gorf>Jexy? I would like to look at Ditzy more. Mainly because of this post:

Ditzy said:

L-1

Here he comes in and gives throwaway reasoning to just vote Gorf because "He will be much harder to lynch toMorrow"? He admits this is lazy logic but I think this is more lazy scum logic over that of lazy town trying to lynch who they think is scum. Especially when combined with the fact that his vote put Gorf to L-1 to signify this is what the lynch is and he knew he was putting Gorf that close to lynch. Plus let's look at the rest of the post isolated:

Ditzy said:
A Gorf focusing on keeping the peace is usually bad news (even if this is him trying to be newb friendly, his game actions are also very neutral), and I can't see town intent in Jex reversing his mood on Kantrip at just a hint from someone else that there were things to push him for, it's way too opportunistic to be natural.

Nowhere, and I mean, nowhere, does he say any of the actions of Gorf or Jexs are scummy. He says Gorf's actions are very neutral mainly and that doesn't mean anything. Most of my actions lean towards neutral because I choose to sit in the back on D1, however, this is rooted in my meta until finding something I bite onto. How is focusing on keeping the peace "usually bad news"? That isn't a scummy thing and looks more like he is trying to paint a null action into a scummy one. Plus the way Ditzy is refusing to look at the possibility of Jexy being town is not good in my eyes either. The way he says "I can't see town intent" looks like he is choosing to shut the door on the possibility of looking into his read. Especially when he says the the next two dayphases should be "Lynch Gorf then Lynch Jexy" which is not sitting well with me.

Also to clarify, this is not me defending Gorf, but making the point that there is another side to that read. Gorf could still be lynched toDay and I am not going to fight it, but there are enough votes to lynch him if need be. I feel my vote needs to be on Ditzy for toDay's sake.

Vote: Jdietz43

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
J why do you always have to be a hipster. I wonder if it's even possible for marshy to get you to go with the flow for once.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah honestly J you have a point, JeXs making that statement about how he could just hop on Gorf but is scumreading me anyways is pretty townie.

I like the direction from you, thanks for that. Much better than not having any scumreads or an opinion of the biggest wagon.

Assuming Zen is hitman, I'm looking at Gorf and Dietz being scum. I'll need to look back at Jdietz's guiding questions to JeXs again.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah you know what, on second look I really don't like Dietz's approach to questioning JeXs. Loaded questions guiding him through a conversation and then acting like the answers he forced out are scummy. When I pointed this out Dietz didn't acknowledge it or change his approach at all.

Vote: Dietz

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
VOTECOUNT:
Gorf [2] - Zen, Deitz
J [0] -
Reader [0] -
JeXs [0] -
Zen [0] -
Deitz [2] - Kantrip J
Kantrip [2] - Gorf, JeXs

Not Voting: Reader,

With 7 alive is takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is 6/5/14 at 11:59 P.M. EST

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
VOTECOUNT:
Gorf [2] - Zen, Deitz
J [0] -
Reader [0] -
JeXs [1] -
Zen [0] -
Deitz [2] - Kantrip J
Kantrip [2] - Gorf, JeXs

Not Voting: Reader,

With 7 alive is takes 4 to lynch!

Deadline is 6/5/14 at 11:59 P.M. EST
There's an invisible vote on me.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Zen, who do you want to lynch now? There's 2 votes on 3 people. Still Gorf?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Gorf indefinite V/LA

gorf said:
For some reason my phone is crapping out on me as far as posting on swf. So if you can call a V/LA for me till further notice that'd be excellent, cuz I officially also don't own a comp. I either get constant 502's or my internet just craps out when I try to make a post anywhere on the site

Reader

Smash Apprentice
I do agree, that Jdietz is scummy, so

Vote: Jdietz43

If I understood correctly, the twilight phase should begin now.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I should have waited a little bit longer before I voted. Well, can't help that anymore. I'm sorry for the problems I might have caused and I hope that I won't make the same mistake again.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
VOTECOUNT:
Gorf [1] - Deitz
J [0] -
Reader [0] -
JeXs [0] -
Zen [0] -
Deitz [4] - Kantrip, J, Reader, Zen
Kantrip [2] - Gorf, JeXs

Not Voting:

A lynch has been reached! Flip in 24 hours unless people say otherwise