• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Mafia Game Thread | Newbies are welcome! | Town wins Gheb's game | Zen next to host!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
7 but there was some confusion over Zen / Ignant Noob. I think a misunderstanding happened there.

:059:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Yeah. I think I interpreted your "One more to go then!" as meaning that we still needed a person.

Sorry @ Kantrip Kantrip , but I'm going to have to boot you from the game. I am really, really sorry about this.

Last edited:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
If this thread is going to be stickied and not the other one, it should at least contain a link to the other thread's op

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Confirmed idk if this is how to confirm but THIS IS HOW IM GONNA DO IT.

Welcome all newbies! I feel like we should treat this game not QUITE as intensive for newbs as typical newbie games, but it's obvious that you newbs are, well, newbs, so I think us non newbs would be in a fair position to help y'all be guided in the right direction with how mechanics work n schtuff.

First things first, know that this game is NOT personal. No feelings be taken out from what is conveyed in game. I say this, frankly, because I've been told about how I can come off as abrasive in game. Know that no malice is meant unless you're like ****ing Gheb or something.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Remember newbs: If Gorf is abrasive towards you, it means he likes you. ;)

#HBC | Gorf

Usually if the mod doesn't specify it's common practice to just confirm in thread. They sometimes sneak it into the rules to ensure you read the rules but that's honestly kinda douchey in and of itself. I will shamelessly admit I didn't read the rules but that is cuz I always assume the rules are generally the same for every game played unless otherwise specified.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Confirmed idk if this is how to confirm but THIS IS HOW IM GONNA DO IT.

Welcome all newbies! I feel like we should treat this game not QUITE as intensive for newbs as typical newbie games, but it's obvious that you newbs are, well, newbs, so I think us non newbs would be in a fair position to help y'all be guided in the right direction with how mechanics work n schtuff.

First things first, know that this game is NOT personal. No feelings be taken out from what is conveyed in game. I say this, frankly, because I've been told about how I can come off as abrasive in game. Know that no malice is meant unless you're like ****ing Gheb or something.
pls guide me senpai
Remember newbs: If Gorf is abrasive towards you, it means he likes you. ;)
gotcha! :joyful:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Contrary to what Gorf said, I highly recommend reading the rules. There are some things in this game that are significantly different from normal games.

And since everyone has confirmed, this means that DAY 1 Begins! The deadline has been set to 6/5/14 at 11:59 P.M. EST

VOTECOUNT:
Gorf [0] -
J [0] -
Reader [0] -
JeXs [0] -
Zen [0] -
Deitz [0] -
Kantrip [0] -

Not Voting: Gorf, J, Reader, JeXs, Zen, Deitz, Kantrip

Last edited:

JeXs

Smash Champion
The fact that I'm finally able to play a mafia game after waiting for forever.

JeXs

Smash Champion
I've read a ton of games, can't remember exactly how many. Been reading since early 2013, didn't join in as I didn't have time to dedicate back then.

#HBC | Gorf

Mkay, so you presumably have quite a fair understanding of how the game works. In that case, let me ask: how would you like to start the game?

JeXs

Smash Champion
Mkay, so you presumably have quite a fair understanding of how the game works. In that case, let me ask: how would you like to start the game?
I guess through RVS? That's like the only way to start most of the time.

#HBC | Gorf

Sure, but RVS is only what you make of it. There is a reason that a player does what they do in just about every situation, and it's our job as townies to determine whether or not somebody is acting out of bad intentions or genuinely from a townie's point of view.

I guess what I'm tryna say is how do you feel about RVS so far? Knowing all of Zen (zack), J, and Kantrip (potato), I'm SURE that they have their own opinions of what has developed so far. You don't need to have concrete reads, I just wanna know how you're looking at things right now, so I can have a better understanding of how to read you. In this setup we have little room for error, so getting a read on the players I haven't played with yet will be crucial to making my decision on who to lynch toDay.

JeXs

Smash Champion
Sure, but RVS is only what you make of it. There is a reason that a player does what they do in just about every situation, and it's our job as townies to determine whether or not somebody is acting out of bad intentions or genuinely from a townie's point of view.

I guess what I'm tryna say is how do you feel about RVS so far? Knowing all of Zen (zack), J, and Kantrip (potato), I'm SURE that they have their own opinions of what has developed so far. You don't need to have concrete reads, I just wanna know how you're looking at things right now, so I can have a better understanding of how to read you. In this setup we have little room for error, so getting a read on the players I haven't played with yet will be crucial to making my decision on who to lynch toDay.
From what I get, J and potato are trying to pressure me. You and Zen are just messing around.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
There's no way either scum will ever win this haha.

I'm contract hitman. Gorf is town. Jex is town. J is scum.

Vote: J

After we lynch J, the second scum will have to kill me. D2 you simply find out which of Dietz, Potassium, and Reader is the second scum.

JeXs

Smash Champion
There's no way either scum will ever win this haha.

I'm contract hitman. Gorf is town. Jex is town. J is scum.

Vote: J

After we lynch J, the second scum will have to kill me. D2 you simply find out which of Dietz, Potassium, and Reader is the second scum.
lol wut. How do you know Gorf and I are town with 100% certainty? I might accept that you're hitman, but I can't accept you being so sure Gorf and I are town. I wanted the hitman role too. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom