• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I told you
ive barely skimmed
also that doesn't change the fact you just tried to bury me post haste simply because I'm an experiancednplayed. Het outta here with that fear mongering
also ifbim legit at l2 someone should unvote
Maybe I should clarify. I'm afraid that the mafia or werewolves will be a lot smarter and coordinated now that you're here, not because you'll try to "make us forget why we sorta disliked the slot."

Here's the way I see TSYK's forfeit. If he was town, he would do everything in his power to stop us from lynching him, since that is acting in the town's interest. Quitting the game after being accused is the completely wrong thing to do, and is extremely scummy in my eyes.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Maybe I should clarify. I'm afraid that the mafia or werewolves will be a lot smarter and coordinated now that you're here, not because you'll try to "make us forget why we sorta disliked the slot."

Here's the way I see TSYK's forfeit. If he was town, he would do everything in his power to stop us from lynching him, since that is acting in the town's interest. Quitting the game after being accused is the completely wrong thing to do, and is extremely scummy in my eyes.
If he was scum wouldn't he have cared more about the appearance of him leaving without saying anything? Just because youd do something as one alignment doesn't mean anyone else would.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
TSYK could have just been really busy, too, and couldn't play anymore. Or he could have been upset because we were being so hard on him (especially me, I hope he didn't take it personally), so he could have been town and just left, because nothing he was saying was changing our minds.
I think it'd be wiser to Unvote for now, and let Orboknown talk. I still view him as scum from TSYK, but I'm going to try and eliminate that bias, and listen to his defenses and accusations as if he just started playing with a clean slot.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Newbie Tip:

One of the most common power roles in mafia games is the "roleblocker". Not only do roleblocking abilities appear in almost all mafia games in some way but they can also be given to players of any alignment. As the name indicates, the roleblocker has the ability to prevent his or her target(s) from using a Night Action for one Night Phase [on rare occasions they can block players for more than one Night Phase]. For various reasons the roleblocker is an inherently balanced role. First, since roleblockers can be mafia, town or 3rd party a roleblocker claim never quite clears any player, neither the roleblocker himself nor any of the players affected by it. Second, the roleblocking ability is only as good as its user is. And third, while roleblocking somebody can lead to good results [ie preventing a mafioso from carrying out his Night Kill] it can also backfire if you use it against the wrong player [ie preventing your Doc from protecting a power role]. In either case, whenever you play in a closed setup, you should always be aware that a roleblocke is likely present.

~~~

Votecount:

Voted | Voters | Votes
Orboknown | Spak, GreenReaperGod | 2 / 6
Spak | #HBC J | 1 / 6
*GenericHandle* | Zalak | 1 / 6
GreenReaperGod | Orboknown | 1 / 6
Not voting: *GenericHandle*, SlickWylde, RosalinaSGS, Red Ryu, TheKingofKoopas

:059:

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
If he was scum wouldn't he have cared more about the appearance of him leaving without saying anything? Just because youd do something as one alignment doesn't mean anyone else would.
TSYK could have just been really busy, too, and couldn't play anymore. Or he could have been upset because we were being so hard on him (especially me, I hope he didn't take it personally), so he could have been town and just left, because nothing he was saying was changing our minds.
I think it'd be wiser to Unvote for now, and let Orboknown talk. I still view him as scum from TSYK, but I'm going to try and eliminate that bias, and listen to his defenses and accusations as if he just started playing with a clean slot.
You both bring up good points.

Unvote

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
You gave enough evidence to suspect Generic. I don't think you gave enough evidence to lynch him. I think I DID give enough evidence to lynch TSYK, which you seem to ignore every time.
Like I said, I was willing to lynch TSYK if he didn't defend himself well enough by the end of the day. I was pushing Generic because I believed I would actually get responses from him, and I was right.

@ Zalak Zalak
You're being really pushy all of a sudden. And you're making me commit to something that I'm not comfortable with. I have Generic as a scum lean, I've said that already. But I've already stated my points and counter points. The biggest reason I'm not switching my vote is because I felt good about my TSYK vote. But I'd be willing to see either of them go. I'd rather lynch TSYK. But now that Orbo is playing that slot, I think his defense will increase significantly. I'm not going to change my mind about him yet, because having a new player doesn't change his earlier arguments.

I refuse to vote for someone out of being bullied.
My main goal is not to get your vote. I really just want to get everyone's opinions on Generic on paper right now. Your opinion on Generic felt a little too neutral for me. The reason I'm pushing you especially is because RadicalRat theorized that you and Generic are partners, so I figured I'd investigate that. To my surprise, I'm actually starting to believe it more and more, HOWEVER.. now that TSYK's slot actually has someone that will post, I feel like this is the PRIME time to push it. (I would still like to hear more about Generic from the others though. Especially @ #HBC | J #HBC | J , cuz he's straight up refusing not to talk.)
Well thats just silly
are you being serious here, or are you being silly yourself?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
@ Zalak Zalak I agree with you about Slick's response being too neutral. I know you think I'm scum, but lets assume for the sake of discussion that I am not. If I had to guess, Slick is some form of scun trying to create a connection between him and myself.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
@ Zalak Zalak I agree with you about Slick's response being too neutral. I know you think I'm scum, but lets assume for the sake of discussion that I am not. If I had to guess, Slick is some form of scun trying to create a connection between him and myself.
If we assume you're not scum, I'd say he's trying not to look like he's taking the opportunistic EZ lynch route. I think it would be weird for Slick to deliberately fake a connection with someone who is considered to be more scummy than himself.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
So you believe Slick is scum?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Right now I'm re-reading the Laster Tag Mini Mafia, cuz I'm pretty sure Slick played really well as maf in that one. :163:

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Like I said, I was willing to lynch TSYK if he didn't defend himself well enough by the end of the day. I was pushing Generic because I believed I would actually get responses from him, and I was right.

My main goal is not to get your vote. I really just want to get everyone's opinions on Generic on paper right now. Your opinion on Generic felt a little too neutral for me. The reason I'm pushing you especially is because RadicalRat theorized that you and Generic are partners, so I figured I'd investigate that. To my surprise, I'm actually starting to believe it more and more, HOWEVER.. now that TSYK's slot actually has someone that will post, I feel like this is the PRIME time to push it. (I would still like to hear more about Generic from the others though. Especially @ #HBC | J #HBC | J , cuz he's straight up refusing not to talk.)

are you being serious here, or are you being silly yourself?
50/50
whats yoour opinion on J? I dont remember people really mentioning anything about him read wise

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Bro i can't really defend someone elses actions. I dunno what he was thinking
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~

Could you PM him and ask? This is gonna be pretty janky otherwise.

@ Zalak Zalak His "reads" on me seem way too safe and careful, just generally noncommittal. I had him as null or close to it before, so this puts him to a scum lean.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
50/50
whats yoour opinion on J? I dont remember people really mentioning anything about him read wise
He seems really scummy to me. I feel like he tried to use his IC status to act very in-control of the game, when really he was just posting very vague reads and accusations. I also don't like how he's basically refusing to cooperate with me. I understand that coming into a game this late can be pretty tough though, so I want to see more from him. If he keeps being stubborn though, I'm switching my vote.

:178:

Bro i can't really defend someone elses actions. I dunno what he was thinking
That's a really good point. I understand that you can't really defend his actions, but since you've just joined, you've obviously not shown us anything to make the slot seem less scummy, so I think you're gonna need to put in a lot of pro-town work to change everyone's minds.

It would be cool to get some detailed reads from you soon. I get that catching up on a game this long can be tough though. :073:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
MAN, the Laz0r Tag Mini was so short.I didn't really find anything substantial, but Slick is a pretty rad actor. I feel like he's definitely capable of playing like this as scum, but I've never seen him play town (as far as I know), so I don't know in what ways he would play differently. He's definitely more active in this game than he was in the mini, but that might be because in the mini, he could use the excuse that he was a noob to his advantage.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Look back at the first day. I had you pegged as scum, right below ThatSmasher the entire day. Honestly, it was when you started accusing ME of being scum, that my view on you really started changing.

@ Zalak Zalak I'm not trying to look like I'm not taking the EZ route. I'm just not taking the EZ route. You need to look back at ALL my posts, not just my current feeling towards Generic. If TSYK hadn't made those really bad posts, and Radical hadn't faked Mafia, I would have gone for a Generic lynch easy. I think if you read my posts again from the beginning, you'll see that I have no care for Generic.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
:138:
I just thought of another reason for the werewolves to kill Kary. @RadicalRat got himself lynched so we would have 100% proof that his reads and theories were genuine. Here's his final predictions for the two scum teams.
For conveniences sake:

Wolves: Generic/Slick
Mafia: Kary, Smasher, and J
Town: Zalak and Rosalina
Null: Everyone else.
When you first look at it, the wolves killing someone whom Rad believed to be mafia doesn't make a lot of sense. If you think about it though, if Kary were to have flipped mafia, the werewolves could have benefited greatly, because that would have given a lot of momentum to the investigation on the slots Radical listed as mafia. I MEAN, if he was right about Kary, we'd probably start looking at the players whom he thinks are connected to Kary, right?. It's for this reason that I don't think Smasher/Orbo or J are werewolves, and I would move them to a lower lynch priority. Why would the werewolves risk shining the spotlight on themselves? Unless they were 100% Kary was town, I don't think J or Smasher would kill Kary.

Now, I've already explained why I don't think J or Smasher would kill Kary, so that leaves two players who would benefit greatly no matter how Kary flipped. When Kary flipped town, what happened? RadicalRat's reads suddenly lost almost all of their credibility. A werewolf wouldn't want this unless they themselves were suspected by Radical for being scum. Think about it, if you were a werewolf, and you weren't on that list, you'd have a huge chance to shine the spotlight on some other players for a while. It's for this reason, that I STRONGLY BELIEVE at least one of the Slick + Generic duo is a werewolf.

You can use the excuse that Kary was an IC, and therefore a threat, but at that point in the game, I don't think ANYONE had a town read on Kary, so I really don't buy that.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
@ Zalak Zalak I'm not trying to look like I'm not taking the EZ route. I'm just not taking the EZ route. You need to look back at ALL my posts, not just my current feeling towards Generic. If TSYK hadn't made those really bad posts, and Radical hadn't faked Mafia, I would have gone for a Generic lynch easy. I think if you read my posts again from the beginning, you'll see that I have no care for Generic.
Very well :164:I shall review your posts when my internet stops being so slow.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Not to be rude, @ Zalak Zalak but could we tone down the posting a bit? The reason I am asking this is because I having a hard time reading other slots becuase you post so much. I know your views and I know what you want to do, but it is letting people float in the thread and I dislike that. We need conversation from RR/Koopa/Rosa/*now Orbo*/Sparky. The main people talking have been Zalak/Generi/Slick and that's it. Grim has sidelined a bit, but the thread is getting confuddled for me.

I get the excitement of mafia, but let's hand the mic to someone else for a bit.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Also I got two new games (Rare Replay & Resident Evil Revelations 2) so that is what I am going to be doing on my day off from class. I may be on later to post and sort through some posts, but more than likely I'll be around tomorrow.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
:138:
I just thought of another reason for the werewolves to kill Kary. @RadicalRat got himself lynched so we would have 100% proof that his reads and theories were genuine. Here's his final predictions for the two scum teams.

When you first look at it, the wolves killing someone whom Rad believed to be mafia doesn't make a lot of sense. If you think about it though, if Kary were to have flipped mafia, the werewolves could have benefited greatly, because that would have given a lot of momentum to the investigation on the slots Radical listed as mafia. I MEAN, if he was right about Kary, we'd probably start looking at the players whom he thinks are connected to Kary, right?. It's for this reason that I don't think Smasher/Orbo or J are werewolves, and I would move them to a lower lynch priority. Why would the werewolves risk shining the spotlight on themselves? Unless they were 100% Kary was town, I don't think J or Smasher would kill Kary.

Now, I've already explained why I don't think J or Smasher would kill Kary, so that leaves two players who would benefit greatly no matter how Kary flipped. When Kary flipped town, what happened? RadicalRat's reads suddenly lost almost all of their credibility. A werewolf wouldn't want this unless they themselves were suspected by Radical for being scum. Think about it, if you were a werewolf, and you weren't on that list, you'd have a huge chance to shine the spotlight on some other players for a while. It's for this reason, that I STRONGLY BELIEVE at least one of the Slick + Generic duo is a werewolf.

You can use the excuse that Kary was an IC, and therefore a threat, but at that point in the game, I don't think ANYONE had a town read on Kary, so I really don't buy that.
Dammit you ninja'd me. Or, like, pre-ninja'd cuz I saw this before I posted.

Vote: SlickWylde

Course, if Slick flips town I'm screwed... But I worked through the logic myself and it makes sense.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
yeah, okay, that's a fair point.

still looking for those arguments from you though, and i stand by that my post #1269 was 100% necessary.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Your implications don't really make sense to me.
Dammit you ninja'd me. Or, like, pre-ninja'd cuz I saw this before I posted.

Vote: SlickWylde

Course, if Slick flips town I'm screwed... But I worked through the logic myself and it makes sense.
I would love to hear you explain Zalak's logic in your own words. It doesn't make any sense. He basically says 2 opposite things. "WW not being accused would benefit from Kary flipping Mafia" Okay, sure.
"WW being accused would benefit from Kary being town, making Radical look wrong" Yeah.
"Nobody had Kary as a town read." Wait what? Then why would any WW being accused want to kill Kary, and make Radical look like he had knowledge?

It makes more sense to me that someone not being accused would target Kary, because if he flipped Mafia, the two people who were accused of being WW would look bad.

@ Zalak Zalak just do you don't think I'm trying to sneak in an argument without you seeing. Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
My thinking is that a were being accused of WW and not mafia WOULD benefit from Kary flipping mafia, because we would want to investigate Rad's mafia reads, not his WW reads. Rad's mafia reads basically revolved around Kary. He thought Kary was protecting ThatSmasher, and he thought Kary was connected to J because of the doctor thing. I don't think we would treat Rad's reads as law just because of one correct prediction, but I DO think we would look at this rest of his predicted mafia. Ya feel me? I think an accused WW would benefit MORE from Kary flipping Town, but my point is that either way, an accused WW benefits.

On the other hand, someone who hadn't been accused by Rad at all would in NO WAY benefit from Kary flipping town.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Your implications don't really make sense to me.

I would love to hear you explain Zalak's logic in your own words. It doesn't make any sense. He basically says 2 opposite things. "WW not being accused would benefit from Kary flipping Mafia" Okay, sure.
"WW being accused would benefit from Kary being town, making Radical look wrong" Yeah.
"Nobody had Kary as a town read." Wait what? Then why would any WW being accused want to kill Kary, and make Radical look like he had knowledge?

It makes more sense to me that someone not being accused would target Kary, because if he flipped Mafia, the two people who were accused of being WW would look bad.

@ Zalak Zalak just do you don't think I'm trying to sneak in an argument without you seeing. Feel free to correct me if I misunderstood.
If Kary flips mafia, RR gains a lot of credibility and the people he put in the mafia faction are lynched post-haste. This allows WW to use 2-3 additional night kills and winnthe game.

Since Kary flipped town, we're essentially back to square one, not being able to trust RR. Again, WW benefits.

Would you like me to go into more detail?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Ima quiet down and watch as well. I'd like to see what others (@Red Ryu Ima lynch you if you don't get yo ass posting) say when me and Zalak aren't basically controling the pace of the game.

Top Bottom