• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Oh I give everyone nicknames. Jdeitz is Ditzy, other people who I know IRL I just call them by that from time to time. What I just do is add a "y" to most gamer names and boom, nick-name. Hence, why you're Sparky.

I'm not hellbent to connect Zalak with numerous individuals especially because I've only mentioned him to Generic in terms of connections.

However, you were a slot that said Rosa was leaning as a hard town read. Why?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
May I ask why a lot of players have also sorted Rosa into their town-reads? Like how do you have a town-read on a slot that is literally #2 in the most inactive category?

People who have Rosa as town need to explain that rationale.
I don't really know... Rosa seemed to have quite a bit of good content the first couple of IRL days (enjoyed his analyses whenever I woke up for school at too-early o'clock), but I never really thought much about him after that. It could be a way to avoid the possibility of him stumbling over his own words and revealing scummy intent, or it could be Australian time is different than US time. I know which one he would say, but I don't know which one I should believe.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Rosa posted a decent amount during D1. Most of his content was good and looked pro-town, hence the original town lean. However, his post rate has dramatically gone down.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Here's a hypothetical I am operating under:

I feel Generic is town. Zalak's push on Generic looks bad. If Generic flips town like I believe, Zalak will look bad. If Generic flips scum, then I will feel better on Zalak and wouldn't push that avenue.

Hopefully that is more clear.
we gotta flip him before he can flip though, man.

who do you want to lynch? do you have any questions for the person(s) you want to lynch?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
May I ask why a lot of players have also sorted Rosa into their town-reads? Like how do you have a town-read on a slot that is literally #2 in the most inactive category?

People who have Rosa as town need to explain that rationale.
Rosa hasn't displayed any scummy behavior, and others have. We are fairly far into the game, so that looks townie. Their posts make sense and move the game forward. I believe the only reason they haven't participated in our more active arguments is because of time zone differences. Why are you so worried about Rosalina? Did they actually do anything that tipped you off, or do you just think we should investigate everyone before looking for someone to lynch??

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
All joking aside, I think everything was accurate until the last thing you quoted. He didn't need a shield to hide behind in order to lynch Rad, he claimed he was scum himself. Also, if anything that last post was more to buddy up to you so you might not see as much of his scummy side.
Aye, but he asked me that directly after Radical claimed town and explained his plan.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
What do you think about Koopa and Greenreaper, and how they keep posting but not voting?
FoS: ThatSmasherYouKnow
I find TSYK the most suspicious right now, for obvious reasons. I'm keeping myself from voting for now because he currently has four votes on him, five if I did. That would mean one more vote after that for him to get lynched.
I have a feeling something is going to happen soon. I'd like to wait and see.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
So, what about TSYK. Do you guys feel like it was just his noobyness? I still have him as my top target. Either we need to lynch him, or you guys need to convince me of someone else's guilt, because I've only seen small details about other players.
I'd like to see every player post a paragraph about TSYK.

It is a bummer @Red Ryu isn't posting though, makes it a little unfair, because we have nothing to judge him off.
Now that we have two of the big inactives, @ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS and @ #HBC | J #HBC | J , we should get some intel on them.

@RosalinaSGS Have you accused anyone? You'll need to remind me. I see you casting doubt on Zalak, but then don't accuse him.

@ #HBC | J #HBC | J Do you know the arguments regarding TSYK? You say you have questions regarding him. I'd love to know what those questions are, and if you're leaning town or scum on him.

Also you mention RR needing to talk to you? RR is dead. Maybe I misunderstood.
My banter with Zalak is basically me saying he's ******* unreadable, at least for me. He's going to seem town. He'll seem the most townie of all the towns. The only way he'll get lynched is if he's mod-confirmed scum. So I give up reading him. Everyone's going to be saying he's town, and I'm just trying to sow doubts, and make sure no one trusts him too much. I have nothing against him other than experience. imo he's pretty much a perfect player. So... yeah. Don't be fooled by his towniness.

Yeah, I went on quite a rant against Generic, but that's all moot now that RR's town.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Because it was a stupid accusation in the first place. I, along with a few others, never even gave it a second thought, and even argued against it.

@ Kaladin Kaladin Give me your thoughts on TSYK. I'd also like to know why you say I'm playing it safe.

Okay, here's my reads:

TSYK: SCUM (I don't buy the whole noob thing. I keep seeing people saying "Well he's posting better" but I haven't seen that at all
Red Ryu: Null - He really needs to post more.
Generic: Slight slight slight town (His points against me have been pretty good and hasn't just tried to force a vote)
GreedReaper: Scum read. I don't like the way he brought me up and TSYK on day 2.
On page 25, GreenReaper said this:
"ThatSmasherYouKnow is still pretty suspicious in my eyes. He needs some more investigation though as one of my points against him turned out to be false. I also want to hear more from Spak. Most of his posts seem to just be explaining why he hasn't been active. In addition, I've got a bad feeling about the Omar slot.
Also, I see some people think Slick might be scum, while I've got him as a town lean. What exactly makes him suspicious? Did I miss something?"
HBC J: Null - I hear he's an experienced player, so I doubt he'd give himself away super easily. I really want to hear him make a strong statement about someone.
KingOfKoopas: Null - People were accusing him on day one, but that seems to have stopped.
Spak - Slight Scum read - Hasn't posted enough. None of his posts have been that helpful in my opinion. Is he the one who said we should hang RedRyu do to inactivity? Because if so, that's a huge red flag.
Zalak: Slight slight scum read - I know I'm going to be alone in this, but I think he seems too town. Whenever someone goes out of their way to post funny things, it seems suspicious to me. For those who play with him, does he play the same way every game?
Rosalina- Haven't really seen too much to base an opinion on. But I'll agree with others that he doesn't seem to have contributed that much to the conversation.

My top 3 scum reads:
TSYK
GreenReaper
Spak
Who am I missing?
I've only played one game with him, and he was whiter than white in that game as scum. But I don't think you can say anything off that, or he'll always be scum simply because of meta.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Because it was a stupid accusation in the first place. I, along with a few others, never even gave it a second thought, and even argued against it.

@ Kaladin Kaladin Give me your thoughts on TSYK. I'd also like to know why you say I'm playing it safe.

Okay, here's my reads:

TSYK: SCUM (I don't buy the whole noob thing. I keep seeing people saying "Well he's posting better" but I haven't seen that at all
Red Ryu: Null - He really needs to post more.
Generic: Slight slight slight town (His points against me have been pretty good and hasn't just tried to force a vote)
GreedReaper: Scum read. I don't like the way he brought me up and TSYK on day 2.
On page 25, GreenReaper said this:
"ThatSmasherYouKnow is still pretty suspicious in my eyes. He needs some more investigation though as one of my points against him turned out to be false. I also want to hear more from Spak. Most of his posts seem to just be explaining why he hasn't been active. In addition, I've got a bad feeling about the Omar slot.
Also, I see some people think Slick might be scum, while I've got him as a town lean. What exactly makes him suspicious? Did I miss something?"
HBC J: Null - I hear he's an experienced player, so I doubt he'd give himself away super easily. I really want to hear him make a strong statement about someone.
KingOfKoopas: Null - People were accusing him on day one, but that seems to have stopped.
Spak - Slight Scum read - Hasn't posted enough. None of his posts have been that helpful in my opinion. Is he the one who said we should hang RedRyu do to inactivity? Because if so, that's a huge red flag.
Zalak: Slight slight scum read - I know I'm going to be alone in this, but I think he seems too town. Whenever someone goes out of their way to post funny things, it seems suspicious to me. For those who play with him, does he play the same way every game?
Rosalina- Haven't really seen too much to base an opinion on. But I'll agree with others that he doesn't seem to have contributed that much to the conversation.

My top 3 scum reads:
TSYK
GreenReaper
Spak
Who am I missing?
What's wrong with GreenReaper's post? And is that enough to get a solid scum read off him?
And isn't your analysis of Spak the same as mine? If so, why is he scum but not me?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
And what's wrong with lynching for inactivity? Admittedly, it's not the most efficient method, but nor can we simply just let inactives sit. (Yes, that is kinda hypocritical)

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Just a recap of my opinions right now:
Slick: towniest of all. He's been the most active and generated the most content by far imo
Koops: He's all g with me. Bit like a lesser version of slick. (i.e. town)
Zalak: ****
ThatSmasher: Not too sure. Seems scummy, but could just be newb. tbh kinda want to policy lynch him if no consensus reached at end of Day. But as a whole, null
Generic: Scum lean. Latent feelings remain from the RR thing, despite it being false. And also what Zalak said.
Most others are null.
Spak maybe slight town lean cos... reasons. (gut)

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Just want to say: Posted that thing above before I read Spak's comments about me. So... no collaboration going on there.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I originally had the mindset that he was scum, no questions asked. After all, the evidence certainly points toward that, but then I wanted to go back and look over his posts with a different POV, a POV that he's just a noob. Look at these following posts that were made around the time that RadicalRat had "admitted" he was mafia. They were really what made me decide to do this.

With the mindset that he was scum, this post immediately looked very suspicious. At the time, I was sure that he and Radical were scum buddies. Of course, as we all know, Radical wasn't a mafia member at all.

It is crucial that we lynch a weremaf toDay. If we happen to lynch a townie, it is very likely that we'll see another townie fall during the night. By then, we'll only have 3 townies left and the scum will have us outnumbered. We have to be very careful, and mindlessly lynching Smasher is not the way to go.
Why do we need to lynch a werewolf? They have their faction kill regardless tonight.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Aside from the somewhat creepy statement that Reaper made of stalking me in real life, he does have a point as well as all of you. Honestly, if I were on your side, I would think that I was scum as well. I have the most evidence against myself after all, and I don't have a very good way to defend myself, and I feel that the only way to defend myself at this point would be to reveal what side I'm on. But, easily, Generic is suspicious as well, by the points that Zalak made. If you wan't to lynch me, lynch me without looking too much forward into it. And, I suppose, it is time to reveal my new reads.
*GenericHandle*:Werewolf He was accusing Kary of being scum, and guess what? Kary died that night. He might have planned this or not, but as Zalak and everyone said, he seems to be trying to get on everyone's good side and reassuring everyone that he is town.
RosalinaSGS:Townie I haven't gotten any bad vibes and she hasn't done anything scummy, but again, that could be scummy.
Spak: Werewolf He seemed to be protecting Generic earlier on, but that could have been nothing.
Zalak: Townie Again, same as Rosa.

Three Mafia Buddies: Slick, KingofKoopas,Green Reaper: I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like these three have been communicating with each other way too much. It's probably more of a lean though.
Everyone else: Null. They either haven't posted enough, or have done nearly nothing. Also, @ Zalak Zalak I'll get back to your questions as soon as I can, I have a bit of homework.
Just because I haven't done anything scummy makes me town? Then all inactives would be town, right?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Trust should probably go towards myself and I'd throw a bone to Generic. I'm also starting to like Slick the more he posts, but maybe that's just because he's being level-headed and logical. *shrug*

I don't really trust Zalak as much as others do. I find his pushes almost to the degree of that scummer who is "look at me! I'm so obv town!" instead of actual town. I get bad vibes from Zalak.

I agree with the sentiment against TSYK and would probably lean towards lynching him toDay, but I would also probably look at lynching one of Spak/Zalak being the natural hipster I am and wanting to turn the game on it's head. I do not think I could swing those lynches toDay so I am sitting waiting for TSYK come in and post some defense. I have my eye on Koopa as well.

Having to find 4 scum literally means the scum-pool is so huge and meh. Too many targets, not enough votes/lynches.
I'm beginning to like J. Also, why do you believe Generic to be town?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Right now, Gen is at the top of my lynch list. The main other wagon right now is Smasher, and I'm not too sure. He feels scum, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was town. But Gen here, I feel is scum. A fair bit of it is gut. His D1 gambit still doesn't sit right with me. And... I don't know... his phrasing feels off? But anyway, I would quite like to lynch Gen. Even if he isn't scum, we would still gain information on other slots, which wouldn't work as well with Smasher, given no-one actually feels he's town. Only "scum/noob". I'm not a fan of lynch Smasher today, and would much prefer a Generic lynch.

What's everyone's opinion on Gen, just to have it on paper?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Saving up those posts, huh? haha! ;)

Gen is a really tough read for me. I think Zalak brought up some really good points against him. I think Generic defended himself well. I have him as a slight scum read.

I know this will look bad on me if he flips scum, but I'd have a hard time voting for him. If it came down to it though, and there was only vote left needed, I would do it, because I'd rather lynch someone I have a scum lean on than either a town lean, or nobody.

And as far as Spak vs you - It was just a gut feeling.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
It's interesting that Rosa has the opposite lean on most slots of the majority. Just an observation.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Really? Did I miss something? IIRC my reads are similar to most people, with variation in places.
You're one of the only people who has me as a strong town lead (others either have me as a scum lean, null, or slight town lead), I imagine that has something to do with it.

Also, my problem with lynching an inactive is that we're just lowering numbers for no reason at that point, as there's a 50/50 chance whether they're scum, since we have no evidence either way.

I think it'd be much smarter to lynch someone who we at least have some evidence pointing towards. Agree?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Rosa hasn't displayed any scummy behavior, and others have. We are fairly far into the game, so that looks townie. Their posts make sense and move the game forward. I believe the only reason they haven't participated in our more active arguments is because of time zone differences. Why are you so worried about Rosalina? Did they actually do anything that tipped you off, or do you just think we should investigate everyone before looking for someone to lynch??
Not worried about Rosa; I'm worried about town continuously giving slots free passes to beinga town read. And your last question is an overreaction.

@ #HBC | J #HBC | J

why did you like this post and not actually dispute any of the claims in my push against generic?
I liked the post because it came across as Generic being facetious and not actually genuine. Plus he hasn't pursued that anymore so *shrug*.

Regarding who I want to lynch and questions, I have stated as such and also have been asking questions. That much is very apparent in the past couple of pages.

So my return question to you, are you skimming?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Not worried about Rosa; I'm worried about town continuously giving slots free passes to beinga town read. And your last question is an overreaction.

I liked the post because it came across as Generic being facetious and not actually genuine. Plus he hasn't pursued that anymore so *shrug*.

Regarding who I want to lynch and questions, I have stated as such and also have been asking questions. That much is very apparent in the past couple of pages.

So my return question to you, are you skimming?
You've listed three people that you want to look at lynching, but you haven't said whom you wish to look at most. When I said asking questions, I specifically meant pressuring the person you want to lynch, but you don't seem to be putting a lot of pressure on any one person.

If you don't agree with my accusations on Generic, could you please try to dispute at least one of them? :051:

My return answer is no. :105:

Also @ Kaladin Kaladin were you being facetious, or do you really think J is shady???

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
oh and my last question was genuine, and I get what you're saying about free passes, so yeah, cool, I gotcha. :013:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Zalak, look at my Spak push.

That's all I'm gonna say haha.
I guess you just don't seem all that focused on him. When I push someone, I usually try to bring them as close to center stage as possible, so I it just seems a bit WEIRD to me that you're asking other players a bunch of unrelated questions right now. I suppose everyone has their own playstyle though.

ANYWAYS, Generic?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't agree with them because I wasn't convinced by your case. That is my opinion. I did not find your case compelling nor something to detract from the TSYK wagon or my own push on Spak. I'm not interested in looking at Generic.

I don't have to dispute your case because the case does not involve me, but rather involves Generic.

Why are you so interested in my opinion where nearly everyone else in the thread has also been on focusing on other slots that are not generic? You've got no votes and won't be getting mine toDay so id on't get why you are pushing this minute issue.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
You've listed three people that you want to look at lynching, but you haven't said whom you wish to look at most. When I said asking questions, I specifically meant pressuring the person you want to lynch, but you don't seem to be putting a lot of pressure on any one person.

If you don't agree with my accusations on Generic, could you please try to dispute at least one of them? :051:

My return answer is no. :105:

Also @ Kaladin Kaladin were you being facetious, or do you really think J is shady???
I really think he's shady.

I guess you just don't seem all that focused on him. When I push someone, I usually try to bring them as close to center stage as possible, so I it just seems a bit WEIRD to me that you're asking other players a bunch of unrelated questions right now. I suppose everyone has their own playstyle though.

ANYWAYS, Generic?
This whole exchange puts J in a really scummy light, even though it is to my benefit. He needs to be examined more and considered for a to lynch list.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I don't agree with them because I wasn't convinced by your case. That is my opinion. I did not find your case compelling nor something to detract from the TSYK wagon or my own push on Spak. I'm not interested in looking at Generic.

I don't have to dispute your case because the case does not involve me, but rather involves Generic.

Why are you so interested in my opinion where nearly everyone else in the thread has also been on focusing on other slots that are not generic? You've got no votes and won't be getting mine toDay so id on't get why you are pushing this minute issue.
ya see but I've put a lot of actual work into this push, and I'd like to bring attention to it. you said you didn't buy it, but you haven't given me a single reason why not, so I want to hear your reason(s). I'm interested in you specifically for two reasons:

1. You've been inactive for most of the game, so I want you to post your opinions on this so I can better read you.
and
2. I keep asking you, and you keep ignoring/refusing my requests. It feels like you're hiding something.

oh and there is a THIRD reason.

3. you're the only one who's completely disagreed with my accusations, so I want to know why. If you have something to add to the conversation, you should say it, otherwise I might spend too much time on Generic... if he really is good as ye say.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
At this point it feels like J is scum, trying to create a link between me and him so it'll look like I'm scum too.

J is acting too evasive/shifty.

Top Bottom