• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini Game | Werewolves win

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Newbie Tip:

Most mafia games have at least one role present that can protect others [and sometimes him/herself as well!] from getting Night Killed. In this game the Doctor has that ability. In dGames the most commonly used protective role is the Jailer. It protects the target but also prevents it from using his or her Night Action simultaneously. It's inherently a very balanced role because it cannot be mindlessly spammed on a power role without consequence and because it also works against mafiosi.

Since this game doesn't have any other power roles the Doctor is the preferred choice for the mod. The general rule of thumb is: the more power roles present in a game the more unbalanced the Doctor becomes and the more important it becomes to use Jailers instead.

~~~​

Votecount:
Voted | Voters | Votes
GreenReaperGod | #HBC Kary | 1 / 7
ThatSmasherYouKnow | Spak, SlickWylde | 2 / 7
RadicalRat | Zalak, *GenericHandle*, RadicalRat | 3 / 7
Not voting: GreenReaperGod, #HBC | J, RosalinaSGS, Omar_25, TheKingofKoopas, ThatSmasherYouKnow

:059:

Last edited:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
We win! Gg, scum.

I never actually suspected Zalak, and I lied about those little numbers. They're an A=1 B=2 etc cypher stating "this vote carries no legitimacy it exists to evoke a reaction" you can check if you like. I did it for style points and proof that this was premeditated as opposed to backpedaling.

There were two responses to the bait I was looking for from you: the logical town one, or the opportunistic scum one. You took the ladder.

Zalak, you were good bait :p

Unvote

Vote: Radical Rat
Just been reading recent posts, and I noticed you were able to claim RR was scum simply from his attack on your fake attack on Zalak. But someone else, can't remember right now, but either koopa or slick said the same thing. And they're not scum?
But more than that, I find it odd RR didn't say anything along these lines. Wouldn't that be the most obvious defence? Instead, what did he do? Oh, that's right, he confessed. Because that's totally the most logical action to take.
FoS: Generic
I think he's RR's scum mate.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Just been reading recent posts, and I noticed you were able to claim RR was scum simply from his attack on your fake attack on Zalak. But someone else, can't remember right now, but either koopa or slick said the same thing. And they're not scum?
But more than that, I find it odd RR didn't say anything along these lines. Wouldn't that be the most obvious defence? Instead, what did he do? Oh, that's right, he confessed. Because that's totally the most logical action to take.
FoS: Generic
I think he's RR's scum mate.
Can't a guy catch a break? Lol. No, I could tell he was scum because he attempted to turn it around on me. And, hey, I was right.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Oh yeah, also the shWee unlikelihood such a gambit would actually work. But that's a minor point. More importantly, why would RR attacking you for a legitimate concern, (see the other person'a complaints about your attack on Zalak), mean he's scum?
Can't a guy catch a break? Lol. No, I could tell he was scum because he attempted to turn it around on me. And, hey, I was right.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
And if there does exist some concrete reason that attacking your attack was scummy, which there isn't, by the way, considering your attack was in fact false, why didn't you also say Slick was also scum? (Or whoever it was)

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Oh yeah, also the shWee unlikelihood such a gambit would actually work. But that's a minor point. More importantly, why would RR attacking you for a legitimate concern, (see the other person'a complaints about your attack on Zalak), mean he's scum?
I don't understand this post. Could you clairify?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I've got to read up, but given Hes confessed, I have few qualms about lynching RR.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Mobile

Catch up till tomorrow, but right now, everyone should unvote. Iirc, we've got a confessed scum, but we should still use the rest of D1 for discussion of night actions or just to generate content. So, unvote.
How would we discuss night actions if none have happened yet?

Regardless, I'm not unvoting. I'm not keen on hanging around just waiting for my lynch on Sunday. I've already lost, so I want it made final ASAP.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Wait, I might have misinterpreted some posts. Nvm what I said about Slick and RR having the same argument saga isn't your attack on Zalak.
But I'm still confused how you can jump to the conclusion RR was scum off the fact that he attacked you. Care to elaborate on that train of thought?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Could you also explain why you didn't even bother defending yourself and just gave up?
How would we discuss night actions if none have happened yet?

Regardless, I'm not unvoting. I'm not keen on hanging around just waiting for my lynch on Sunday. I've already lost, so I want it made final ASAP.
You can plan PR actions. E.g. "Whoever's vigilante, kill this scummy person Tonight." Or something like that.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Wait, I might have misinterpreted some posts. Nvm what I said about Slick and RR having the same argument saga isn't your attack on Zalak.
But I'm still confused how you can jump to the conclusion RR was scum off the fact that he attacked you. Care to elaborate on that train of thought?
So, this was a test specifically for RR. There were three things he could do: attack Zalak with me or try to turn it around on me. Those two options are opportunistic and over complicated. Given RR's already suspicious activity, those would both be scum confirmers in my book. The third choice would be to just point out my faultt logic, which would be the town thing to do imo.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Could you also explain why you didn't even bother defending yourself and just gave up?
Because my death is the best course of action. In the quicktopic, my mafia buddies and I had decided to focus on taking down the Werewolves before dealing with the Town. Once I flip mafia, it confirms that my werewolf allegations toward Generic were sincere, as well as suspicion toward Smasher.

It's a bargain of sorts. Town gets to take out two scum, and the Mafia won't have to worry about the wolves much longer. We talked this over in the quicktopic, and decided it was worth the loss, as I was probably going to get lynched anyway. By confessing instead of conjuring up a defense, it lessens the chance of me outing my buddies.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Mmm... I guess that might be plausible. I'll give a proper critique/response after I've fully read up.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Because my death is the best course of action. In the quicktopic, my mafia buddies and I had decided to focus on taking down the Werewolves before dealing with the Town. Once I flip mafia, it confirms that my werewolf allegations toward Generic were sincere, as well as suspicion toward Smasher.

It's a bargain of sorts. Town gets to take out two scum, and the Mafia won't have to worry about the wolves much longer. We talked this over in the quicktopic, and decided it was worth the loss, as I was probably going to get lynched anyway. By confessing instead of conjuring up a defense, it lessens the chance of me outing my buddies.
How does that logic work? As mafia, you could easily try to bus your allies. Or just show suspicion without actually intending to lynch them. You flipping mafia just means all your posts weren't intended to help town. They say very little about mafia/ werewolves/ whatever.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
And how could you be so sure Gen is werewolf? And if he is, why don't you unvote, save yourself for one or more irl days and help me with Generic? (Another confession here would come in helpful)
But the first question is more important.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
How does that logic work? As mafia, you could easily try to bus your allies. Or just show suspicion without actually intending to lynch them. You flipping mafia just means all your posts weren't intended to help town. They say very little about mafia/ werewolves/ whatever.
Werewolves are just as much enemies of the Mafia as they are the Town. I've been making posts about that and not just dismissing the words of the scum all day.

Bussing would be a TERRIBLE IDEA in this instance though. After confessing, I have no reason to be trying to gain towncred, and risking the sacrifice of any more members isn't going to help us at all.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
And how could you be so sure Gen is werewolf? And if he is, why don't you unvote, save yourself for one or more irl days and help me with Generic? (Another confession here would come in helpful)
But the first question is more important.
Because while defending Smasher he was insistent on letting him live for another GAME DAY. So that he could get a kill in. My thoughts are that he wanted to kill Smasher( Previously I thought they were buddies. That's no longer the case. ) and use that he was looking for a reaction to night events as a reason it wasn't him.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Once everyone wakes up, I'd like to hear yalls opinion on the implication of these developments.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Also: anyone else wanna accuse me of being a WW now? I need to procrastinate a bit more before school.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Actually, scratch that. It's way too hasty of an assumption. They could have easily been talking in the mafia chat and just not posting in the thread.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
This is crazy, I've never seen someone admit to being Mafia before.

Unvote

So this is interesting because he basically makes it impossible to know who the other mafia are. I'm assuming since he's admitted it, they have no reason not to just vote for him.

@ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS Wait, even though he confessed, you still want to vote for Generic? I have him as a very very slight scum read, but I can't in good conscious vote for him when I have a much better target.

Here's how I see it:
Player One: Admitted to being scum - Vote for him.
Player two: Has not admitted to being scum- He might be, but there's a slight slight slight chance he's the doctor.

If it comes to 99% lynching scum, to 10% Chance lynching the Doctor, I choose taking 99% chance of lynching the scum.

So, what players did RadRat NOT vote for? Is that a good indicator of who he could be working with? Or do we think he'd vote for his teammates if he knew they wouldn't be actually be lynched? Seemed like he voted for a lot of people.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Player two: Has not admitted to being scum- He might be, but there's a slight slight slight chance he's the doctor.
Interesting. Up until now, no one's mentioned the Doc. Do you know something the rest of us don't? Or are you trying to draw out someone to claim they're the Doc so you know who to kill tonight?

You have been the most opposed to waiting out the day.

New Wolf Team: Generic and Slick

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of which...

DOCTOR! DO NOT REVEAL, EVEN AS A COUNTERCLAIM, UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO IN ORDER TO SURVIVE!

AS SOON AS YOU REVEAL, THE WEREWOLVES WILL KILL YOU!

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Speaking of which...

DOCTOR! DO NOT REVEAL, EVEN AS A COUNTERCLAIM, UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO IN ORDER TO SURVIVE!

AS SOON AS YOU REVEAL, THE WEREWOLVES WILL KILL YOU!
Aren't you still Mafia alligned, though? You can still win even if you die.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Interesting. Up until now, no one's mentioned the Doc. Do you know something the rest of us don't? Or are you trying to draw out someone to claim they're the Doc so you know who to kill tonight?

You have been the most opposed to waiting out the day.

New Wolf Team: Generic and Slick
It's friday. I'll get back to you after school.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Aren't you still Mafia alligned, though? You can still win even if you die.
Yeah, and the mafia has a better chance of winning if they play well, and the Doctor saves one of them. But agreed the Dr should never reveal themselves, unless it is like the last round and it's the only way town can win. The only people who would want the Dr to be revealed are the werewolves.

And no, @ R RadicalRat I will gladly vote for Generic. Sure I may have agreed with him recently, but I think you'll see that I distrusted him for most of the game. To be honest, the reason I started agreeing with him is because of you. If you hadn't started being so destructive and voting poorly (in my opinion), generic would have stayed my number 2. But when both you and TSYK started talking about him, I was less sure of his guilt.

I think TSYK is on your team, and Generic is possibly WW.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
But when both you and TSYK started talking about him, I was less sure of his guilt.
That's a dangerous attitude to have. Scum doesn't always just make !@$# up. The points I raised were legitimate, excepting those during the Koopa Kraze. I was way too nitpicky then.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
That's a dangerous attitude to have. Scum doesn't always just make !@$# up. The points I raised were legitimate, excepting those during the Koopa Kraze. I was way too nitpicky then.
No, that's not what I meant. While some people thought you and generic were on a team, I was the one constantly saying you weren't. The reason is because I thought maybe you and TSYK were. When you both started talking about Generic, I started to get more suspicious. And while you became more and more suspicious as time went on, Generic's responses started making more sense and less scummy.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Oh, also, the reason I think you might be Generic's scumbuddy isn't because you'd rather lynch me. I'm a better lynch, and I know that.
Instead, it's the way you brought up the doc... I feel like you were hoping for someone to say "Generic can't be the Doc, because I am!" giving you an easy target to kill.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Well, to be honest, I was considering turning it around on you, cuz as you said, it was pretty BS. If it was legit though, and you're not a sneaky scum team, good job. That was sick.

my mafia buddies and I
this is making me rethink my entire life. I thought I had you and Generic pegged as obvious werewolf buddies, but if you have at least one teammate that I never suspected in the slightest..
:114:
This case isn't even close to being over.

I wonder, now that he's confessed, should we even lynch him today, or should we look for a werewolf (or any scum who hasn't confessed)? THEN AGAIN, despite his claims, we have no proof that he's actually mafia. This could be a final sneaky gambit to stay alive and manipulate us.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Well, to be honest, I was considering turning it around on you, cuz as you said, it was pretty BS. If it was legit though, and you're not a sneaky scum team, good job. That was sick.

this is making me rethink my entire life. I thought I had you and Generic pegged as obvious werewolf buddies, but if you have at least one teammate that I never suspected in the slightest..
:114:
This case isn't even close to being over.

I wonder, now that he's confessed, should we even lynch him today, or should we look for a werewolf (or any scum who hasn't confessed)? THEN AGAIN, despite his claims, we have no proof that he's actually mafia. This could be a final sneaky gambit to stay alive and manipulate us.
I agree that we don't know for sure, even though he admits being Mafia. I think it'd be weird if he were trying to play us, but if it worked I'd be impressed. I guess there's a .001% chance he's actually a WW and not Mafia, and was hoping that we'd let him live if we thought he was Mafia, but I REALLY doubt that.

I'm definitely not in a hurry to lynch him though, because he could accidentally give away his teammates.

@ R RadicalRat Sure, that makes sense. Wasn't my intention in the slightest though. If anybody claimed to be the Dr, I'd assume they were lying. I think everyone here is smart enough to not reveal themselves as the Doctor.

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
THEN AGAIN, despite his claims, we have no proof that he's actually mafia. This could be a final sneaky gambit to stay alive and manipulate us.
Clever, but you're falling a bit short here. Once I flip, it will all make sense.

Top Bottom