• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini-creation thread: Assist Trophies (Job #12: Metal Gear)

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
unzips

Job #5: Burt the Bashful

View attachment 353817

Perhaps the more enduring midboss from the first Yoshi's Island game, Burt the Bashful's appearance as an Assist Trophy would be a simplified version of his boss fight. Once he's summoned, he stands very tall, about two and a half times the height of the tallest fighter, Ridley. After that, he'll pick a random direction and do a high jump that way. He does some damage to anyone but his summoner on the way up, and way more on the way down. After a beat, he'll pick another random direction and high jump towards it. Then one more time. Each time, the force of his own landings lowers his pants some. After the third landing, the pants will be all the way on the ground, causing him to become so embarrassed that he deflates like a balloon and disappears. However, the pants have a certain amount of hidden HP, so hitting Burt in his lower area will lower his pants in advance will cause him to flee in embarrassment before his third landing. If a player is really, really fast with a lot of hard-hitting attacks, Burt might even only get one jump in.
I feel like it's not really unzips as it is pulling the thread of his pants

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright Kirby is definitively one of the things I know bests.
1654436125354.png
Magolor is the main antagonists of Kirby Return to Dreamland, he will float around the stage launching energy balls and with the power of the capitalism he will also throw gem apple-shaped bombs. Before leave the stage he will use either the Ultra Sword (not like Kirby's SF but more like a giant slash) or a portal to the Another Dimension that would basically be a black hole.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
When are we getting a sequel to this one

Job #6: Prince Fluff

1654559823544.png

Kirby's one-off friend from a weirdly specific alternate universe will show off a unique side of the Kirby universe when he's summoned. He'll use his yarn whip to wrap up any nearby enemy fighters, who will be turned into yarn balls. Just like King K. Rool's vacuum gun, these balled-up fighters will be turned into projectiles when Prince Fluff throws them at the second-nearest enemy fighter. If they make impact, then both of them will take damage. If not, then the first one will only take damage when they hit the ground. If they never hit the ground because they're thrown offstage, they can mash out with no damage at all, but now they're in a pretty disadvantageous position.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Really tried to come up with something to represent Star Fox Command (my dark horse pick for fav Star Fox game) but couldn't think of anything. So instead...

Job #7: Walker

1655403433398.png

Representing both Star Fox Zero and technically Star Fox 2, the Arwing transformation from the newest game in the series can appear as an assist, being piloted by either Slippy or Peppy. It acts exactly as you'd expect: the Walker uses its chicken legs to menacingly walk forward across the stage from wherever it was summoned, firing lasers at whichever enemy steps in front of it. It walks slowly and doesn't shoot very often, so its strengths are its sheer size creating a moving wall in the middle of the stage plus the fact that it has an extremely long range for its lasers.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice
Boy, it's been a while since my last posting, and I just discovered this thread. I have an excellent idea for this thread.
Job #8: Porky

He basically functions similar to his boss battle in Brawl's SSE, with his attacks being made much weaker to compensate. He can be KO'd, and his animation upon doing so is basically a much quicker animation of its destruction sequence from Brawl. Unlike Brawl, you can't stand on the mecha this time.
(Really I just want Porky in Smash somehow)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anna

She'll run around with a huge sack, throwing out items, especially weapons. Coins will drop and the more coins you have the better items she'll give.

Demon Dragon

Smash Apprentice

Elise
Waves her staff around creating a healing field around the user. The user will heal by 3% every 2 seconds, and the barrier will be active for 30 seconds. (meaning a fighter can have up to 45% of their damage healed)
Really, I just want this cinnamon roll in Smash somehow.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
screw it let's go for the out of the box pick

Job #9: Tsubasa Oribe

1658342453473.png

Not exactly a regular Fire Emblem character, but she counts enough to appear as a Fire Emblem spirit in SSBU! Plus she even made it to Heroes. I imagine she'd work like the other Fire Emblem assists, just using her flashy lance and dance moves to hop around the stage and attack any opponents who get near.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium

Berkut & Ferdinand

Wish Echoes got a little more representation in Smash & I think a Cavalier Assist could be interesting. Each will occupy a different side of stage and charge at opponents & occasionally swing lance.

D

Deleted member

1. Tsubasa
  2. Pegasus Sisters
  3. Anna

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
1. Pegasus Sisters (Too iconic and recurring to ignore)
2. Anna (Same as above, pretty much)
3. Berkut & Ferdinand (I like the SoV representation!)

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
submits Magnus again

Job #10: Mimicutie

1659118894119.png

Feels weird to represent one of the oldest concepts in gaming, a fake treasure chest, through Kid Icarus, but someone had to do it! This Assist Trophy works differently than most, because it spawns three things. Three identical-looking treasure chests will spawn randomly throughout the stage. Two of these will house regular items such as food or weapons. Nothing too dramatic like a Smash Ball or another Assist Trophy, but it could be good stuff. The risk comes in the third treasure chest, which is secretly a Mimicutie who will attack any fighter who comes near by rapidly multihit kicking them over and over and then launching them away, similar to their Smash Run appearance all that time ago.

Top Bottom