• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mini-creation thread: Assist Trophies (Job #12: Metal Gear)

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I'm submitting this cuz I played the standalone DSiWare title, Bird & Beans, based off of Pyoro's microgame allllll the time when I was a kid. It was surprisingly addictive, and I did it all without knowing it was from a WarioWare game first. I, in fact, only realized that when I saw Pyoro's spirit in SSBU.

Job #11: Pyoro

1659472205033.png

Even though Pyoro actually can fly, he'll stick to the ground for his Assist Trophy role. He'll harmlessly hop from side to side, eyes always on the sky, in random directions until he eventually despawns. His attack comes when an enemy fighter approaches him from above. That means if you walk past him and stay on the floor, you'll be safe, but if you manage to get launched while in Pyoro's range, prepare to be combo'd. At first, his attack is based on his seed-shooting abilities, where he'll rapid-fire tiny seeds at the opponent for a short time, like Ivysaur's Bullet Seed. As Pyoro's timer reaches zero, his final strong attack will be based on his super long tongue that clearly proves birds in the Mario universe also descended from dinosaurs. It'll work like Byleth's up special, where whoever gets caught in Pyoro's tongue gets dragged down to the ground hard for one hit of big damage.

Laniv

Smash Lord
Yeah I'm going for Pyoro, too, that's a really cool idea

Laniv

Smash Lord
Hmmm... This was hard for me, considering I'm not too familiar with Metal Gear. I'll submit Revolver Ocelot.

1663040127439.png

Upon being summoned, he will say either "The world today has become too soft." or "Now I'll show you why they call me... Revolver." If Snake is present during the battle, he will say "Now we'll see if the man can live up to the legend!"

He will run around like Samurai Goroh, shooting at opponents with his Colt Single Action Army. In Smash Bros., it deals electric damage, as a way of both adhering to the "no real guns" thing, and a reference to the electric torture of Snake in Metal Gear Solid. Upon departure, he will twirl his guns and declare "You're pretty good!" before leaving. He can be defeated if damaged enough.

D

Deleted member

Psycho Mantis
When summoned, Mantis will float into the air and laugh as gas pours into the stage, andwill preform one of a few actions:
  • He will turn the stage upside down or backwards
  • He will briefly invert the controls.He will cause characters to briefly switch places
  • He will create a static effect, making it hard to see
  • He will read the players system, and a large textbox will appear saying things like "So I see you like Mario Kart." "I see you like Pokemon."

Last edited by a moderator:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Genome Soldiers

Three un KO-able soldiers will walk around. If they see someone in front of their sightline they’ll get surprised (with the classic !) and shoot at them for around 10 seconds until they disappear

Top Bottom