• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So is this the first 100% definitive deconfirmation of a character with some level of support or am I forgetting somebody?
Skull kid as of today is banned from being predicted to be playable in smash 4

Any Ooooooh the assist trophys are back nice starting with skull kid why coulden't he tell what skull kid does in the update. Man i hope he does not make little mac a assist trophy again

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You're on the wrong website, bub. If Ridley is confirmed in any way shape or form, I think this site will get a LITTLE crazier than usual...
It's not if he gets confirmed that's the worry. It's if he gets deconfirmed. Then I think we'll see pure concentrated madness take hold of the forums. I dread to think what would happen if K. Rool also doesn't get in this time.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
It's not if he gets confirmed that's the worry. It's if he gets deconfirmed. Then I think we'll see pure concentrated madness take hold of the forums. I dread to think what would happen if K. Rool also doesn't get in this time.
I'm starting to think he won't. If he appears in Tropical Freeze, he has a chance. If not...

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
If K. Rool isn't playable, he has a chance as a boss at least.

Lugubrious

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lugubrious
Never before has an assist trophy been so hype. Just having this fellow in the game is pretty cool, so I'm not gonna make any objections about him not being playable. A lot of us --including me-- expect him to crash the moon but I wouldn't be surprised if he turned everyone but his summoner into helpless little Deku Scrubs. Either way, we're in for a treat. Can't wait until the announcements tomorrow.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I think you have Smashboards confused with Gamefaqs.
Though I hate to admit that the line between the two draws thinner and thinner every time we get a new character reveal for this game.
****ING IMMIGRANTS Stay on your pisspile country of Gamefaqs!!!
Oh bull****. If Kraid was shrunk down, both Wario and Dedede would still be 3 times as fat as him. XD

Seriously though, cute joke. ¦3
Excuse me Wave but have you seen that stomach?

I would like to say Kraid is the Jambik of the Nintendo Universe.
That's why WFT is here.
I cannot imagine WFT training Kraid. But if I did imagine it I would say it would be hilarious if not impossible because if Kraid actually did lose weight then someone would probably come up with a homosexual crossover shipping of Kraid and Godzilla.

I gotta learn to keep my mouth shut......

majora_787

Smash Hero
So I nearly exploded when the page was loading this morning...

At first I was disappointed that he wasn't playable. But then I realized, he's legitimately in the game at all. An assist trophy's not a bad deal. :p

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586

I cannot imagine WFT training Kraid. But if I did imagine it I would say it would be hilarious if not impossible because if Kraid actually did lose weight then someone would probably come up with a homosexual crossover shipping of Kraid and Godzilla.

I gotta learn to keep my mouth shut......
She just trained the Dark Emperor. He lost 50 lbs of excess souls.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena AND Little Mac are all Assist Trophies, I'm going to quietly hide as millions of blood-thirsty people go to Japan and assassinate a certain Masahiro.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

I would like to say Kraid is the Jambik of the Nintendo Universe.
Kraid's stomach is actually much more slim in Melee. He's already lost weight. XD

And I have no idea who this "Jambik" is.

I cannot imagine WFT training Kraid
Of course not, you lack vision. ¦(

There is nothing Miss Fit can't train and slim down. She's like the Excalibur of fitness.

As the daily pics have shown, she did it for Bowser. How else do you think he was finally able to stand up-right and run? ¦D

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Is everyone still in denial that Ridley is most likely just a stage element?
If it ain't out right literally stated and confirmed, then it's still fair game. Screw Sakurai and his BSing around all of the time. Let the supporters believe and just go with the mindset that it's possible until bluntly proven otherwise like with Skull Kid.

That's how you live and let live, which is something that no one on this forum seems to know how to do or want to do. XD

I hate it when someone makes a post while I was editing to keep from making a double post. - -'

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
My god this week was fantastic.

Monday - New move for Villager.
Tuesday - A new boss character/stage hazard and potentially a new stage.
Wednesday - A genuinely nice looking pic.
Thursday - New info on one of Villager's most interesting moves that we knew nothing about prior.
Friday - SKULLKID. Sure he's an assist trophy BUT FRIGGEN SKULLKID. YOU'VE MET WITH A TERRIBLE FATE HAVEN'T YOU? Oh, and a confirmation on Assist Trophies.

Best week ever. Take me now December.
With the holiday games released and the Wii U still desperately far from success, I believe that the updates will now be more informative like the Brawl Dojo updates. Items, stages, pokeballs, Assist Trophies, and Characters released nearly update instead of choreographed pictures.

MAGRWolfX

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0130-3100-1586
Ridley fans must be mad, it is worse to be a stage hazard than assist trophy
I personally think a character as a stage hazard is better and a lot more memorable than as an assist trophy. As a stage hazard they're on screen a lot longer and interact more with the player like Dialga and Palkia, the Ultimate Chimera, Whispy Woods and King Bulblin and Lord Bulbo.
As an AT, they have a shorter time on screen and are quickly forgotten. Some of them actually do something that can turn the tides of a battle, but not as much as a stage hazard.
I still think Ridley's got a chance being playable though.

It doesn't matter whether Ridley is an assist trophy or stage hazard. It's still a ****ty decision.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Maybe when Skull Kid comes to assist, the moon starts to come down. There is a time limit of 30 seconds.

If the moon comes down, everyone loses a stock. BUT...

...if one player is knocked out, this sacrifice makes the moon shoot backwards from where it came until it disappears rendering it harmless.

Thus it encourages players to team up against the guy with the highest percentage to save their own hides.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
And I have no idea who this "Jambik" is.
Jambik is the result of me one night just 2 years ago deciding to google a random word. I googled the word "Jambik" thinking there were going to be zero results because hey I really thought I was googling a random word that had no meaning. And of course that never ends well. Because the following internet results I got from googling the word "Jambik" were nothing short of FAT.
Please drink responsibly kids.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So I guess Sakurai's comment doesn't matter than, eh? The video was to show basically Ridley's role in this game: A stage element.

Seriously guys, denial.
I know there's a chance that Ridley is a stage hazard, I fully acknowledge that, but what you're saying is literally "Because Team Ninja made Ridley (and Samus) a stage hazard, Sakurai and Namco are obviously going to rip it off"

Smash Bros =/= DoA.

There are reasons to not believe in Ridley's inclusion, but your argument for it by linking that video is incredibly stupid, sorry to say.

But hey, I don't really blame you for reading Sakurai's comment too literal. It's another case of "Up until now" (which "hinted" at Ness not returning in Brawl) and the Toon Link deconfirmed train.

I ask you this now: If Ridley is guaranteed a stage hazard, why hasn't he been shown in the ~20 Pyrosphere pictures we've had? Why haven't we seen him for soon half a year? If Sakurai confirmed him as a stage hazard with that comment, why would he hold him back? If the stage wasn't finished, he'd have teased it like he did with the Galaxy stage I'm sure. As we can see, Dark Emperor and Yellow Devil were shown right off the bat on their stages.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
One very little part of me thinks that Sakurai is actively trolling us because he knows how much Ridley is wanted and the amount of hype he could create if it was revealed especially after being almost deconfirmed.

The reasonable part of me though knows that Ridley isn't happening.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I have come at peace with the possibility that Ridley is a stage hazard. That way if he is playable it would be an even bigger and more exciting surprise than before this Pyrosphere dilemma popped up.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I know there's a chance that Ridley is a stage hazard, I fully acknowledge that, but what you're saying is literally "Because Team Ninja made Ridley (and Samus) a stage hazard, Sakurai and Namco are obviously going to rip it off"

Smash Bros =/= DoA.

There are reasons to not believe in Ridley's inclusion, but your argument for it by linking that video is incredibly stupid, sorry to say.

But hey, I don't really blame you for reading Sakurai's comment too literal. It's another case of "Up until now" (which "hinted" at Ness not returning in Brawl) and the Toon Link deconfirmed train.

I ask you this now: If Ridley is guaranteed a stage hazard, why hasn't he been shown in the ~20 Pyrosphere pictures we've had? Why haven't we seen him for soon half a year? If Sakurai confirmed him as a stage hazard with that comment, why would he hold him back? If the stage wasn't finished, he'd have teased it like he did with the Galaxy stage I'm sure. As we can see, Dark Emperor and Yellow Devil were shown right off the bat on their stages.
Whoa, there! The DoA video was not my argument. It was an example.

The "Up until now" dispute was caused by subjective interpretations. It's not like Sakurai intentionally planned for the English translation of his comment to make it sound like Ness was cut.

If Ridely wasn't a stage hazard, Sakurai would never have made the comment in the first place.

Also, the Dark Emperor and Yellow Devil argument is a little iffy because they might be bosses, not stage elements. In Brawl, there were stages that were unique to the bosses. I wouldn't be surprised if that applied here as well.

Speaking of the Yellow Devil, how many times has he or the Mega Man stage been used in the pic of the day, other than once or twice? We haven't seen that in a while.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
One very little part of me thinks that Sakurai is actively trolling us because he knows how much Ridley is wanted and the amount of hype he could create if it was revealed especially after being almost deconfirmed.

The reasonable part of me though knows that Ridley isn't happening.
And not just because he's too big. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom