• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Ridely wasn't a stage hazard, Sakurai would never have made the comment in the first place.
There are some possibilities. For all you know, he may be setting us up for a reveal (Very stupid way to do it though) or he's taking too long making the difficult model or he's hyping up a stage hazard or he's hyping up a boss fight or--- Ah **** it. Good luck, ladies and gentlemen

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Whoa, there! The DoA video was not my argument. It was an example.

The "Up until now" dispute was caused by subjective interpretations. It's not like Sakurai intentionally planned for the English translation of his comment to make it sound like Ness was cut.

If Ridely wasn't a stage hazard, Sakurai would never have made the comment in the first place.

Also, the Dark Emperor and Yellow Devil argument is a little iffy because they might be bosses, not stage elements. In Brawl, there were stages that were unique to the bosses. I wouldn't be surprised if that applied here as well.

Speaking of the Yellow Devil, how many times has he or the Mega Man stage been used in the pic of the day, other than once or twice? We haven't seen that in a while.
We haven't seen Dr. Wily's castle since the Yellow Devil picture I'm pretty sure.

Dark Emperor and Yellow Devil might be bosses, but at this point they're looking most likely as stage hazards. I don't think Sakurai would show bosses without confirming them as such, he didn't do that with Petey Piranha or Rayquaza when he revealed them pre-Brawl.

Btw, Sakurai's Japanese comment on the Pyrosphere picture talked about Samus's trauma, it didn't mention Ridley, though of course the trauma is linked to Ridley.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I don't think Skull Kid deconfirmations is a bad thing, and he looks gorgeous like a Assist Trophy.
Probably that's exact what I will feel about Ridley's deconfirmation (sorry Ridley-suporters) , and I rather him being a AT then a hazard(What Sakurai is teasing us).

And much more important, now AT are being confirmed in the site. I can't wait for more, Sakurai should be smart in release one once in a week, two-week intervals.I really want Shulk and/or Travis, but their chances are higher in the AT departament.
So come on Sakurai, take a look at all this discussion about one single Assist Trophy and give us more, tr00l.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
We haven't seen Dr. Wily's castle since the Yellow Devil picture I'm pretty sure.

Dark Emperor and Yellow Devil might be bosses, but at this point they're looking most likely as stage hazards. I don't think Sakurai would show bosses without confirming them as such, he didn't do that with Petey Piranha or Rayquaza when he revealed them pre-Brawl.

Btw, Sakurai's Japanese comment on the Pyrosphere picture talked about Samus's trauma, it didn't mention Ridley, though of course the trauma is linked to Ridley.
So, simply put: We don't know squat until Sakurai actually SHOWS US SOMETHING.

And not just because he's too big. :troll:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Dude, the tags for spoilers is [ collapse ] stuff [ /collapse ]. Fix your post. XD;

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So, simply put: We don't know squat until Sakurai actually SHOWS US SOMETHING.
Exactly. I'm not trying to jump on you or anything btw, I'm just saying that we shouldn't jump to any conclusions one way or another until something definite is shown, it's been proven time and time again that such doesn't work when we're in Sakurai's hands.

I do fully acknowledge that there's a very possible chance Ridley won't make it as playable, so I'm not in denial, heck, I can't be in denial after following Brawl religiously and seeing my hopes for Ridley being crushed once already.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Idk about you guys, but I was very happy from today's announcement, since so far everything about Smash 4 has been right. Hopefully this gets people in the mindset that about 90% of the most desired characters WILL be assist trophies/Stage Hazards/Pokeballs/Bosses

Yes I'm looking at you Little Mac, Isaac, Dixie, Blaziken, Bowser Jr., Toad, Ridley, Rosalina, K Rool, Palutena, etc. The list is almost endless.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I want Ridley to be playable, but I won't be disappointed if he's not.

What I really want in this game is all Brawl characters returning alongside Roy and Mewtwo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That depends on if the rest of the leak is true too. Mii have been in multiple rumors by now, so on the subject of Mii one rumor doesn't confirm another one since Mii is such a typical subject for fake leaks.
This is true, which is why I phrased my post carefully. The leaker who brought up Little Mac claimed that Mii would be revealed in a Nintendo Direct. If Mii is revealed at VGX, I don't think that would qualify.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Frankly, I'm glad to see Skull Kid in the game at all. He would have made a cool fighter, but I'm glad to see Majora's Mask get some love.

Morbi

Scavenger
This is true, which is why I phrased my post carefully. The leaker who brought up Little Mac claimed that Mii would be revealed in a Nintendo Direct. If Mii is revealed at VGX, I don't think that would qualify.
I honestly think that venue is subject to change in most of these circumstances.

D

Deleted member

We're taking Miiverse quotes at face value now?

Epona as Stage Assistant confirmed (can't really say hazard when Epona's being asked to help, now can I?).

In other words, no one can confirm or deny Ridley being a stage hazard at this point. There is literally nothing to go by but a vague quote that could just be a nod to Other M (since it's where Samus fought Ridley/experienced her trauma) that people jump the gun about to mean "LULZ STEAK HAGGAR CONFORMED".

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
We're taking Miiverse quotes at face value now?

Epona as Stage Assistant confirmed (can't really say hazard when Epona's being asked to help, now can I?).

In other words, no one can confirm or deny Ridley being a stage hazard at this point. There is literally nothing to go by but a vague quote that could just be a nod to Other M (since it's where Samus fought Ridley/experienced her trauma) that people jump the gun about to mean "LULZ STEAK HAGGAR CONFORMED".
DID SOMEBODY SAY "HAGGAR"?!

Espio264

Smash Ace
I'm thinking that possible reasoning for the unnecessary assurance that "he's not a fighter, just an AT" is because they might show some footage at VGX that includes Skull Kid, and they don't want us to assume he's playable. Otherwise just telling us he's an AT once should've been enough. Same goes for the Streetpass monster, revealing it this week may have been because we might see it in action tomorrow and he wanted us to be ready for it. Not to say there's not still a surprise in store for us.

Also, my Tingle senses started, well, tingling when I first saw this too.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sakurai made that same assurance all over the Brawl DOJO as well. The initial Assist Trophy update talked about how these were characters who "couldn't quite make it as playable fighters." In the Waluigi update, he mentioned how "the fact he'll be appearing as an Assist Trophy means he won't be playable...but he appears nonetheless!" while in Gray Fox's update, there was a tease of "Aww, he's so cool! It almost makes you wish he were playable!"

And yet, there were users here and there who wouldn't drop the conspiracy theories about Sakurai hiding some "Assist Trophy mode" where you actually could play as them.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm thinking that possible reasoning for the unnecessary assurance that "he's not a fighter, just an AT" is because they might show some footage at VGX that includes Skull Kid, and they don't want us to assume he's playable. Otherwise just telling us he's an AT once should've been enough. Same goes for the Streetpass monster, revealing it this week may have been because we might see it in action tomorrow and he wanted us to be ready for it. Not to say there's not still a surprise in store for us.

Also, my Tingle senses started, well, tingling when I first saw this too.
I think he was trying to make it more overt for the less intelligent populace.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
He's making it as clear as he can because it's the first AT being shown and Smash fans tend to be dumb and rabid. No more complicated than that.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Then again, some Majora's Mask fans can be quite the handful sometimes when it comes to that game.... So he's just making it extra clear that Skull Kid isn't playable in Smash.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
You all better start bracing yourself for deconfirmations of characters people actually expected to see playable and the accompanying rage and/or tears. What a wonderful stage of speculation we've just entered. :smirk:
I'm a little bit nervous and a little bit excited to see who ends up as an Assist Trophy.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
People don't seem to see that Skull Kid being confirmed as an assist trophy means the Moon will probably be playable. It's soooo obvious. :troll:

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
Did anyone else's heart soar when they saw the pic of the day, only to have it come hurtling to the ground at light speed, crashing into a million pieces? :sadeyes:

Well mine did. :crying:

In all seriousness, I'm glad SK is getting some love in the new game, but of course I'm a little disappointed he wont be playable. While I wasn't really expecting him to be a newcomer, it kind of just dashed all of my hopes out the window. Oh well. The bright side will be cool snapshots! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom