• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If Toon Link gets this buff, I'm going to murder EVERYONE with it.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hopefully Link won't plummet as fast to his death as Toon Link when he misses.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Hopefully Link won't plummet as fast to his death as Toon Link when he misses.
It depends rly.

You could fast fall dair or do a standard dair without the risk of SDing.

If Toon Link gets this buff, I'm going to murder EVERYONE with it.
Yes if you sweetspot it. Though you never know how it will turn out. It could end up like Luigi's dair spike, which took insane precision to sweetspot consistantly.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
A bit of a double standard. We have swords and laser/"guns", so I think an ax is fine.
Also, are we all familiar with Snake's Pummel and Throws?
Sub-Zero has nightmares after he gets grabbed by Snake.

I'm really glad to see Link getting a noticeable buff.
Lets hope he keeps it.

If there's anyone more deserving of buffs, please tell me. Because I think Link is top priority in that regard.
Kirby

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I guess we'll have to wait Zelda 3DS for a new character, which is going to be... Zelda.

I'm OK with having very few news anyway. If it was for me, I'd reveal only returning characters and stages, no newcomers.
Well he needs to reveal a few newcomers topromote the game, but I'd definitely like this game to be the opposite of Brawl where almost all the secret characters were returning characters and almost all the new characters were starting characters. I'd like Sakurai to save as many new characters a secret as possible.

A bit of a double standard. We have swords and laser/"guns", so I think an ax is fine.
I don't remember where the interview was so I can't prove anything, but I recall Sakurai saying pre-Brawl that where he made the line for weapon censorship was he didn't allow weapon that kids could conceivably find at their house. So knifes are definitely out as are guns since in some places most families have them(though kids certainly shouldn't have access to them). Whereas equally violent things like rocket launchers and C4 are O.K. because you'd be hard pressed to find them in most households, same with midevil swords although they aren't quite as rare. You'd be even harder pressed to get your hands on a dangerous laser gun. It's kind of an odd way to think about censorship but yeah. I'd imagine using hatchets as a weapon would be a no go for those reasons since lots of kids have access to hatchets via a parent's tool shed(I know I did) but we'll see.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Well he needs to reveal a few newcomers topromote the game, but I'd definitely like this game to be the opposite of Brawl where almost all the secret characters were returning characters and almost all the new characters were starting characters. I'd like Sakurai to save as many new characters a secret as possible.
I agree completely.

Also, liked just for being a fellow Ness user. :ness:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Technically it would be better than Toon Link's Dair as a move. But so is almost every other spike in the game. Toon Link has the riskiest spike in the game because if you miss, you die instead (similarly with ZSS and Ganondorf though those spikes end eventually) .

In truth it would be uniquely powerful having such a long lasting and powerful sourspot if you miss the spike.

Sakurai's view on weapon censorship seems right on the mark with me. Its a bit tough to explain, but having a butcher knife, a hatchet or a gun that fires bullets just doesn't feel right for smash. Things like explosions, ray guns and massive old-timey swords can all be seen in a more comical or heroic light.

Megaman, WFT and VIllager has basically their entire movesets showns at E3 and we never saw the hatchet hitting anything but that tree, I'm expecting its just the 2nd/3rd phase of his tree special (thought i'm betting other moves can destroy it).

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
When do you guys think Sakurai posts these pics during his day? If that makes sense as a question that is. Like... do you think it's a part of his job to update the site with pics every day? Does he do it during spare or down time? I suppose there isn't much way to know right now, but what do you guys think?

EDIT: I could be wrong, though, in that its never been said... I don't know. Sorry

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Late? It's still early for me... Pics usually come out for me within an hour or so. Well, atleast in October they did.

ALL PRAISE NOVEMBER FOR EARLY PICTURES WITH SOLID INFO. HUZZZZAH.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Isn't the picture supposed to come only in 45 minutes? Unless we were thrown 2 hours back, which I'm fairly certain we weren't. Though Sakurai has been pretty early with the pictures as of lately.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Isn't the picture supposed to come only in 45 mintues? Unless we were thrown 2 hours back.
The pictures were coming for me at 11pm pacific time ever since daylight saving happened, but this is the first pic that was late ish, course it could mean nothing but I just find it odd.

It was usually at 1am, but it changed because of DST, so idk they maybe reverted back to the regular time or it could mean something. (or mean nothing)

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
If there is no roster reveal tonight, it will be the longest drought yet, longer than Luigi to Peach.

Just, you know, I have better things to do than add that all up...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
We (well the lot of you) were spoiled by earlier updates due to DST (first in Japan/Australia last month, then again in the west).

Now that the updates are taking their usual/sweet time, they seem ultra late.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wasn't there some Wii Party **** being released today? Not that I think there's a chance for a newcomer, nor am I even expecting a veteran reveal, but it's funny to get people hyped up :p

DeadlyAllianceLeader

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n64by44
3DS FC
1547-5288-9488
Anything is possible at this point. In this end's opinion, there are two options for hype after all that has been announced so far: Expect the unexpected, or expect nothing. Either way, when something DOES come along, it will be all fine ^^

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Wasn't there some Wii Party **** being released today? Not that I think there's a chance for a newcomer, nor am I even expecting a veteran reveal, but it's funny to get people hyped up :p
Wiki sais wii party u was released in Japan on October 31, 2013..Would be nice if it was a newcomer tho.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can somebody post his official artwork?

Status
Not open for further replies.