• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Still no sign of Yoshi. They must be redesigning him like they did Bowser.
Haven't you heard the Year of Yoshi rumors for 2014=??? They're practically confirmed. Yoshi's getting saved 'til then obviously.
My question is with Marth's reveal and his advertising of Awakening, what does this mean for Chrom?
Because Awakening is the latest Fire Emblem game and the only one on the Gen 8 Nintendo console, and because Marth is a huge part of the game's story, and he is in the game in many forms.

As for Chrom, eh, his chances were always fairly iffy. People who thought he'd get in over Ike or Marth were always delusional, and honestly, Roy probably has always had priority over him, given that Roy has more apparent moves to work with.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh ya... What happens when another character besides Marth gets added now? What is going to happen to the newcommer banners that take 3 blocks each? Currently, both Megaman and WFT are on the same line and take up an entire row by themselves.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So like I said before, does this mean 3 FE characters are more likely now since marth came up from out of nowhere.

And there is likely to be 2 FE characters in April due to anniversaries, Ike and Roy, lyn lol.

Shroob

Sup?
So like I said before, does this mean 3 FE characters are more likely now since marth came up from out of nowhere.

And there is likely to be 2 FE characters in April due to anniversaries, Ike and Roy, lyn lol.
I would hope it means 3 FE characters. We've had 2 in two games now, and considering how large Fire Emblem is, I think there's room for just one more.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Three new things in one week? November has started off incredibly strong! Also, I'm really glad Marth ended up getting his Shadow Dragon design but one question remains... will he still only speak Japanese or will this be the first time in 13 years where he learns a new language?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Anyone else getting a 'badass gentleman' vibe instead of the usual 'pretty boy with a sword' vibe from Marth now? I wouldn't call him manly like some of you have been calling him, but he's certainly more... Male looking now. I swear, HD is doing all sorts of wonders for these characters.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Man, Marth really does look awesome.

Glad to see another traditional unlockable character revealed, now it's just a matter of time before we're going to see Jigglypuff and Falco.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

I think it doesn't confirm anything. People are clamoring that we'll get 5 Mario characters, and yet, I think if we don't get any some time around Mario 3D World's release you can cross that option out (sans a spin-off franchise character like Dr. Mario, Paper Mario, or a super retro character like Kamek or Wart).

As for Fire Emblem, again, contexts. The current contexts don't look good for Chrom. At least with Ridley, Little Mac, and Miis, their franchises' stages don't have anyone else pointing in a direction other than towards them (unless you are crazy and think a Pilotwings character will get in over the Miis).

Even if Ike were confirmed tomorrow that wouldn't mean a 3rd Fire Emblem character is a given. Sakurai doesn't seem to care too much about which character from which franchise is shown; all he cares about is the right timing of each character reveals, and clearly this Marth reveal was done at the perfect timing. It was somewhat expected, Marth looks nearly finished, and quite frankly he's the best looking character confirmed thus far (all the homos).

Shroob

Sup?
Three new things in one week? November has started off incredibly strong! Also, I'm really glad Marth ended up getting his Shadow Dragon design but one question remains... will he still only speak Japanese or will this be the first time in 13 years where he learns a new language?
I kinda hope not. Part of Marth's appeal is that he speaks only Japanese because he represents the Japanese fire emblem games that never came here.

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
YES. With some of the changes certain characters such as Bowser seems to have went through, anyone think anything from his moveset will be different? Just considering Marth's look and all.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Like I said, hopefully secret/hidden characters are dead, at least from a pre-release standpoint.

Some us wanna know the whole roster before we get the game.

Besides, we all know these characters would be playable (Sonic, Toon Link, Luigi, and Marth), those of us with brains, at least.

Sadly, that appears to be like 5% of the population tops here.
I'm really hoping they keep secret characters. One of the things I'm most worried about is that there won't be any, but I figure there probably will knowing Sakurai. I think unlocking characters is a ton of fun.

If you want to know the full roster before you buy the game, just wait to buy the game until the whole roster is revealed, which should be at most a day or two after the game comes out, probably not even that long since the roster will probably be leaked. I do think the game should have an "unlock everything" code though for the sake of convenience.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
I hope Marth still speaks Japanese, him and Roy are better that way while Ike and Chrom would speak English.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There are still 16 updates, a Nintendo Direct, and a pile of games coming out in only a few weeks so November could shape up to be the best month yet for reveals. Also, the fact that Game Radar was wrong about yet another character they swore up and down was going to be cut is absolutely delicious and I can't wait for their next video where they have to eat crow once again only about a month later.

Shroob

Sup?
There are still 16 updates, a Nintendo Direct, and a pile of games coming out in only a few weeks so November could shape up to be the best month yet for reveals. Also, the fact that Game Daily was wrong about yet another character they swore up and down was going to be cut is absolutely delicious and I can't wait for their next video where they have to eat crow once again only about a month later.
There's a direct for November? When.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I'm sure the next character will be revealed in November....but when? I'm looking towards A Link Between Worlds.
Keep in mind that on that day we get ALBW, SM3DW, and Mario Party: Island Tour.

I imagine we'll get Zelda, but we also thought we'd be getting something for X and Y, which failed to happen.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This is the first time, we've seen the audience of Arena Ferox up close.

I'm liking the details!

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Keep in mind that on that day we get ALBW, SM3DW, and Mario Party: Island Tour.

I imagine we'll get Zelda, but we also thought we'd be getting something for X and Y, which failed to happen.

I think Sakurai will reveal characters based on the japanese release dates. Which are SM3DW : 21st November and TLOZ:ALBW : 26th November.

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how Marth advertising Awakening negatively effects Chrom in the slightest, as if there's some unspoken rule of "one character per game" or something.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't see how Marth advertising Awakening negatively effects Chrom in the slightest, as if there's some unspoken rule of "one character per game" or something.
Can you prove otherwise?

It's nothing concrete but it's something that should be considered.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Clearly this means that Fire Emblem one (or three) will soon be released on the virtual console and be promoted by Chrom. Meanwhile, Roy will still be promoting the GBA release of FE 6, and Ike will of course be promoting Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze.

Clearly.

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
Maybe. If anything about else about him were to be different, which I don't think would fully surprise me, I'm extremely curious to see what it will be.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Marth's design is actually kinda cooler this time round.
I have not played the new FE game so this is my first time seeing it.

But still bet he's a brawl port move-set wise.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
DA FUQ?!?!

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/peach.html

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?!?

She's now advertising 3D World!

What's going on?!?
Guess there's not going to be a Mario newcomer in time to advertise for Super Mario 3D World then, which is as expected. Quite odd that they'd add it in this late though, but I guess 3D World wasn't close enough for release when Peach was revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom