• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
some woman in Marth's clothes was just announced

Damn, he looks kind of badass now. Might put an end to "martha" this time. He looks less dainty, more muscular. Like he could still whup some butt if he didnt have his sword.

I feel like I NEED a tiara to be that manly this time.
I thought the same until

Guess there's not going to be a Mario newcomer in time to advertise for Super Mario 3D World then, which is as expected. Quite odd that they'd add it in this late though, but I guess 3D World wasn't close enough for release when Peach was revealed.
They do what they want. That seems to be their mentality as of now.

I think

Wow, she still looks like a derp.

Not as worst as the normal picture but, still derpy

WOW, her dress can fit something huge. Like Ridley

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Why am I not surprised? Welcome back, Marth! Oh, this is awesome. It also throws predicting out the window!

Guys, Sakurai hinted at it yesterday with Link. The TIP of his sword does the meteor effect, Marth does most damage from the tip of HIS sword... how did we not see this?

I'm also glad he doesn't look very feminine anymore. He's much more fabulous though.

So, five great pictures in a row! Let's end the week strong tomorrow!

Well, it looks like I'm gonna have to fight against him. AGAIN (Fun and annoying match up. Mostly fun).

I'm interested to see what changed in Marth's game. He never had any significant exploitable disadvantages. His attacks were quicker and STRONGER (Excluding Link's f-smash and d-air) than Link's because of dat sweetspot tip damage bonus.

GRAGH, give Link something. A meteor smashing tipped D-air won't be enough. Remove it and you're ********. - Berserker01/Some

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
FUN FACT! Marth is the third Melee Newcomer welcomed back!

Also, the first non-"Mario" newcomer! Marth came back before Ganondorf, Falco, or PRINCESS ZELDA! Does anyone else think is strange/interesting/awesome?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

Also, the first non-"Mario" newcomer! Marth came back before Ganondorf, Falco, or PRINCESS ZELDA! Does anyone else think is strange/interesting/awesome?
I love it. It's like he knows we're predicting characters.

I had a good feeling we'd see a character today. But frankly, I thought that it would be Zelda above all characters. Nope! Sakurai messes with us again. And this makes predicting characters even more difficult! Which I love!

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
I hope they bring back his shield breaker from melee. I loved using it to combo.

Strange how?

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
Honestly, nah. Maybe slightly scared. Who knows what Sakurai is doing to those three. Oh lawd..
I just hope they really make Ganondorf.. Better? Just my opinion on him in Brawl though..

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
Strange that Marth, of all characters, was confirmed before Princess Zelda? Maybe "strange" wasn't the right word, but it was the first came to mind. I don't mean that it's off-putting or anything. I like Marth!

Even though I have never won a match as him.
Cuz you suck! Lol jk

Yes it was a surprise. Also whats all this about Zelda? Link and TL are already out, maybe he just wants to spread the characters from different games around rather than clustering them by a certain order. Wouldn't be a surprise if she didn't get put out by the end of this month and someone else is revealed. We'll see how things play out.

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
Honestly, nah. Maybe slightly scared. Who knows what Sakurai is doing to those three. Oh lawd..
I just hope they really make Ganondorf.. Better? Just my opinion on him in Brawl though..
Yeah same here. He is a Warlock for Christ sake with an entire army! Yet he pales in comparison to everyone else. His moveset is trash and isn't him in the slightest. Ganondorf shouldn't have to use his fists in a fight. He needs a sword at least.

AwesomeToad

Smash Rookie
NNID
xAwesomeToadx
3DS FC
4811-7440-8427
If a character is released on special occasion (promotion for a game, or anniversary) what is the special event for the release of Marth?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yeah same here. He is a Warlock for Christ sake with an entire army! Yet he pales in comparison to everyone else. His moveset is trash and isn't him in the slightest. Ganondorf shouldn't have to use his fists in a fight. He needs a sword at least.
I think he needs general magic (coughdeadman'svolleycough) more than he needs a sword, personally.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Trying to predict Sakurai is still a fool's errand. I suggest against reading into why Marth is revealed today and instead just enjoy Marth. By my estimation, he's the single most beloved smash character among competitive players so it's no surprise this reveal has brought a lot of smiles around here.

The prospect of seeing gameplay changes for Marth is a bit of a different feeling though. Honestly I think Marth was pretty close to perfect in Brawl so I kinda want to see as little different about him as possible, and I haven't really felt that way about the other characters so far. So instead of eagerly awaiting pictures showing new gameplay dynamics with Marth, I'm kinda wanting to see a bunch of dull screenshots that just show everything being the same. I do suspect I won't be disappointed in that regard. Here's hoping for tomorrow's picture of tipper fsmash with a comment reminding us all that tippers are a thing for Marth, right?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
If a character is released on special occasion (promotion for a game, or anniversary) what is the special event for the release of Marth?
Haven't you heard? It's to commemorate Sakurai feels like it day. It's the holiday
that only comes around as many times a year as Sakurai damn well wants it to.

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
I think he needs general magic (coughdeadman'svolleycough) more than he needs a sword, personally.
Yeah believe me I was thinking the same thing, but at the very least a sword. Time to put the fists away. Nd that running/trotting animation in brawl is just rediculous. He expects us to believe Ganon actually runs like that? Good one Sakurai.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Trying to predict Sakurai is still a fool's errand. I suggest against reading into why Marth is revealed today and instead just enjoy Marth. By my estimation, he's the single most beloved smash character among competitive players so it's no surprise this reveal has brought a lot of smiles around here.

The prospect of seeing gameplay changes for Marth is a bit of a different feeling though. Honestly I think Marth was pretty close to perfect in Brawl so I kinda want to see as little different about him as possible, and I haven't really felt that way about the other characters so far. So instead of eagerly awaiting pictures showing new gameplay dynamics with Marth, I'm kinda wanting to see a bunch of dull screenshots that just show everything being the same. I do suspect I won't be disappointed in that regard. Here's hoping for tomorrow's picture of tipper fsmash with a comment reminding us all that tippers are a thing for Marth, right?
You're probably right. I tried thinking outside the box just to get to Sakurai. I knew there was going to be a Male Wii Fit Trainer. I knew Toon Link and Sonic were going to come back. I knew we were going to get something before the end of October(the mentioned fitness trainer). Hell I knew Marth was going to be revealed before the end of the year. I just didn't expect him to be revealed this early(I expected a full trailer in December) This not only breaks my theory of expecting a Pokemon being revealed in October(Mewtwo nor Jigglypuff not revealed... yet), but also only believing that the hidden 4 from the original SSB will be the only hidden characters becoming playable at start and even then... Why not Marth playable at start?

I'll out-gambit you yet, Sakurai. I will learn about your next move before the game.

Not everything he does is trolling.

Every time the likely prediction does not happen, people claim that Sakurai is trolling or he's a dumbass (Which is the likely case). Same old pattern. The guy is simply doing things his way (Which sucks ass right now because it's not gathering huge amount of hype). His way is unpredictable, that's for sure, but his intentions are not for trolling or teasing people. That's unless of course, you're using the word "Trolling" in a different way and not using the real definition of it. Don't use the word then.

The only legitimate FAIL troll attempt he did (In Smash 4 to be specific) was with the stupid Pyrosphere quote and since he hasn't shown a picture of Ridley yet, people have disregarded the idea of him being a stage hazard. It will truly be a successful troll attempt if Ridley is revealed as a boss or stage hazard mostly.

Onto my real reaction on Marth : He's fun to play against and play as but come on, where are the newcomers? I know it's impatient of me but, seriously.

EDIT : Don't know how some people here predicted Marth last minute (Because I know a bunch of them). Hopefully, they don't think that just because they aced the prediction, they think they're almighty or something.

D

Deleted member

Glad to se Marth get confirmed! I like his new look in this game!

However, I find it odd that Marth's page leads to the Awakening website. Do you think that this will shake up the debate a little and maybe even reduce Chrom's chances?

Glad to se Marth get confirmed! I like his new look in this game!

However, I find it odd that Marth's page leads to the Awakening website. Do you think that this will shake up the debate a little and maybe even reduce Chrom's chances?
All I know is, everyone gets cancer when they debate about Fire Emblem

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
This feels like a decent time to stop lurking and actually post again
ERMARGERD ITS MURF

I feel like I added a lot to this conversation :3

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
Plz don' joke about cancer.

Also, why would you want to spoil yourself by seeing the newcomers right away. I'd much rather wait to see them myself. I love the feeling you get when you see "CHALLENGER APPROACHING" and then going bonkers when you see who your up against. I think just veterans should do for now.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
HNNNNGGGGG MAAAAAAARRRTHHHHH my babyyyyy!! He looks so amazing and gorgeous x.x -drools- I like how they made his hair less flat, looks more layered. @u@ My Bishounen Babyyyy~

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
New shield breaker animation? if so, it looks to be unique to brawl, and melee's animation. thoughts?

Attachments

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well it's not like Chrom seems now "less likely"- there's even 3D World-page with Peach right now.

Might mean we might not see any newcomer reveals at all until next E3 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom