• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah, not to mention that he was always number one in everyone's Brawl cut's list. Poor kid, no one ever cuts him some slack. :c

Ah well, he managed to beat the odds and is back for one more round. c:

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I kinda expected Toon Link to be back. But I am kinda worried. Sakurai did say not all of Brawl's characters will be returning so the characters we didn't expect are actually coming in does that mean we may lose characters we actually want? I may be getting a bit paranoid but it's still a troubling me a little. But I'll keep my cool unless I see R.O.B.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tink is just quite a big favourite of mine: he just seems such a rather natural kid-like persona for me to play as. Before that it was Pichu. I dunno, but I can just picture myself when playing as him.

Plus the whole thing about Hero of Winds not really starting out as one of the "Links" but more of volunteering to become one. His way of growth to that is something that sets him always apart from other Links to me. (and also the way Wind Waker portrays "a story after legend"-times)

I hope they give him more flavour though, if he's exactly like he was in Brawl from the ground-up, I might find him rather sloppy- but I'm sure he gets tweaks and polishments here and there.

I'm bummed that the majority of Toon Links specials are the same. I always liked Toon Link, but leaving out his iconic weapons feels like a waste. Here's hoping his forward special is a Deku leaf.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah I'm fairly certain that Sakurai will show us a few new tweaks here and there in regards to Toon Link in the coming months. Wether it's minor animation changes like Luigi's flutter jump or something a little more drastic like Bowser remains to be seen though. I think we will probably see a few new things with Toon Link sometime.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I love Toon Link, and he's cool. If nobody respects my opinion, well then you're a poopyhead who lives in a basement and hopes for Goku. OK, buh-bye now.

(Runs off laughing in the sunset)

Warp Star Lover

Smash Cadet
I don't get why people are freaking out over a single clone being announced. Melee had 3 clones - Dr. Mario, Roy, and Pichu. Luigi too, but he's excusable because he's iconic.

And I find Toon Link (this version, specifically - he doesn't look like a grapefruit on a stick anymore) cooler than Dr. Mario & Pichu...

Azule07

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty glad TLink is back. If anything, he's hinting at a bigger roster than what we've previously expected. Maybe...just maybe...Sakurai knew what he was doing by making a 3DS version? The roster might not have to be that small after all! If anything, I expect a roster around Brawl's size with a few extras at the minimum. Anything less and i'll be annoyed.

And TLink being clone-ish is a bad reason to dislike him. Link has advantages over him as it is anyway.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Toon Link's design has been used in mo games than any other so its reasonable that he'd appear.
Also damn this was revealed pretty soon after Peach. I was expecting to wait til October for the next reveal.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
And yet those people constantly denied it everytime I told them, but you didn't know that and automatically assumed I was talking about you and other people and tried to make yourself sound smart by being cynical, only to look ignorant.
Who are these people? You imaginary friends. Everyone has said since Olimar that the characters are being shown near games. Most people think Sonic will be shown off with Lost Worlds.

Good job Captain Oblivious.

See? I can act cynical too. Doesn't get you a damn thing, does it? =D
If you're trying to be cute and clever, at least try and be good at it.

Your post is just a vein attempt to sound smart. Better luck next time.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Who are these people? You imaginary friends. Everyone has said since Olimar that the characters are being shown near games. Most people think Sonic will be shown off with Lost Worlds.

So much sass in the daily photo thread.

Anyhow, I probably laughed for a good 5 minutes at the newest picture. Something about it is just so damned hilarious.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

"I've never heard anyone say it, therefore no one ever has in all of history"

Riiiight. Talk about a short sighted and close-minded view of life.

And he thinks I'm the one trying to sound smart. XD

Getting back on topic, since we've seen enough shots of Tink's Play-Doh hair, I'm kinda curious as to what silly thing will be next for Sakurai's pics.

I'd actually love it if he kept going on with this whole Peach thing he's set up for awhile. ¦D

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I not much on toon link, even though he is a different link he still is link

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
"I've never heard anyone say it, therefore no one ever has in all of history"

Riiiight. Talk about a short sighted and close-minded view of life.
"Just because you've never heard someone say the sky is not blue doesn't mean there aren't people who will say that."

What you're saying conflicts with reality.
And he thinks I'm the one trying to sound smart. XD
And this proves what I've been trying to tell people for a long time.

Yeah, whatever man.

Yeah, not to mention that he was always number one in everyone's Brawl cut's list. Poor kid, no one ever cuts him some slack. :c

And Toon Link states : "Never tell me the odds"

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Okay, guys, I think I'm expecting a stage this week. Either the possible Galaxy stage we saw with Kirby, or a new 3DS stage. Come on, let's start off October with a bang!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Okay, guys, I think I'm expecting a stage this week. Either the possible Galaxy stage we saw with Kirby, or a new 3DS stage. Come on, let's start off October with a bang!
October is going to be very interesting indeed, so might aswell start it out with a bang. Kind of surprised we haven't seen the Galaxy stage yet, since every other stage was shown again roughly a week after its first picture, teaser or not. Maybe Sakurai was just proud that they got the special rimlight effect to work and wanted to show that, but the rest of the stage might not be ready to show off.

Crossing my finger for it, really hope that it's gonna be a little round planet where the gravity is in center, would make for a really crazy stage. Just imagine hitting someone with the knee of justice at 300% and see him fling around the planet until he flies out of orbit, would be hilarious.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I don't get why people are freaking out over a single clone being announced. Melee had 3 clones - Dr. Mario, Roy, and Pichu. Luigi too, but he's excusable because he's iconic.

And I find Toon Link (this version, specifically - he doesn't look like a grapefruit on a stick anymore) cooler than Dr. Mario & Pichu...
You forgot Ganondorf and Falco.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You forgot Ganondorf and Falco.
And Young Link. Don't forget Young Link. =D

Maybe people are just tired of Link clones and don't want a 3rd game with one. ¦D

We can have two Links without them fighting almost exactly the same. There's so much diversity in each version of Link if you really look and think.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Just wait. If characters like Sonic show up again, he's gonna shoot his brains out.
Suddenly in October sonic is release as character

I love your sig with toon zelda and tetra

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And so it begins...

The wave of negativity for a Smash Bros game.
Begins? It started ages ago. XD

People with double standards just keep trying to cover it up by saying they shouldn't be able to be negative cause they haven't played the game yet. On the flip side of that though, that would mean they can't automatically be positive and say it'll be great yet cause they haven't played it yet either. In the end, they're just trying to only let what they like to hear be said.

Hypocrites, the lot of us. ¦D

Anyways, what made you suddenly say that now? Feels kinda random.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Begins? It started ages ago. XD

People with double standards just keep trying to cover it up by saying they shouldn't be able to be negative cause they haven't played the game yet. On the flip side of that though, that would mean they can't automatically be positive and say it'll be great yet cause they haven't played it yet either. In the end, they're just trying to only let what they like to hear be said.

Hypocrites, the lot of us. ¦D

Anyways, what made you suddenly say that now? Feels kinda random.

Toon Link's reveal.

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
if your saying you don't want sonic back

wheres the dislike button
I support Sonic coming back. I just know some of the guys on this thread that hate the **** out of him, and Brawl as a whole from there.

It gets really annoying.

I just want some more newcomers showing up, but at the same time, this is the only chance we have at having Mario, Sonic, & Mega Man in the same official game.

Hell, if Snake can come back, too, I'd like that.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
But that was days ago, dude. You made it seem like something happened today that would start it. XD

Then again, something could happen tomorrow~ ¦D

Well I read through a few pages of this thread and some of the reddit ones today.
A little ridiculous at the amount of hate already.
Toon Link adds a faster alternative to the Link playstyle, is that so bad?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The ****? Did you just quote yourself? XD

Well I read through a few pages of this thread and some of the reddit ones today.
A little ridiculous at the amount of hate already.
Toon Link adds a faster alternative to the Link playstyle, is that so bad?
Yes, because if that's all he's there for, why not just make Link faster in the first place? ¦D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom