• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I for one am glad that Toon Link has returned. In fact, I'd be extremely happy if every character in the franchise at this point was in the game. That includes Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Young Link (yes, I'm aware that would be three Links in the game). I love each and every character and see no reason why anyone should be cut. Of course, the chances of that happening are astronomically low, but a guy can dream, right?

In any case, Sakurai once again throws a curve ball into his Pics of the Day and I'm glad that he gives us these little treats once in a while.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Please, Sakurai, give us something good this week, it doesn't have to be a character, just something that won't make the week go too slow.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
October is going to be very interesting indeed, so might aswell start it out with a bang. Kind of surprised we haven't seen the Galaxy stage yet, since every other stage was shown again roughly a week after its first picture, teaser or not. Maybe Sakurai was just proud that they got the special rimlight effect to work and wanted to show that, but the rest of the stage might not be ready to show off.

Crossing my finger for it, really hope that it's gonna be a little round planet where the gravity is in center, would make for a really crazy stage. Just imagine hitting someone with the knee of justice at 300% and see him fling around the planet until he flies out of orbit, would be hilarious.
That might not have been the Galazy stage. Could have been BF at night. His post refers to Kirby's art style. Not the stage.

Not saying there wont be a Galaxy stage, but I don't think that was it.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I don't really think it looks like Battlefield. We have seen Battlefield at night already, and it doesn't look nearly as detailed.

Comparision.

Also, that shiny artstyle isn't seen anywhere else in the game. I think the artstyle is simply applied to all characters when on the Galaxy stage.

I mean, there's still no official confirmation on whether or not this is a Galaxy stage, but it seems like the most likely case.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think a comparable situation to the Galaxy stage one is that, if Sakurai showed a zoomed-in screenshot of a silhouetted character and mentioned its art style, it could be interpreted as a confirmation of Sunset Shore, just because it so far outstrips any other scenario as far as likelihood goes.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That might not have been the Galazy stage. Could have been BF at night. His post refers to Kirby's art style. Not the stage.

Not saying there wont be a Galaxy stage, but I don't think that was it.

Yeeeah, I don't really have any doubts. He was definitely refering to the rimlight. The background also matches nearly perfectly, and that's certainly not how the Battlefield night sky looks like.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Sakurais let the message :"Wouldn't wanna be the one to get hit"...
Damage and knockback cumulative... ?Maybe something like in P:M ... I think that's nice/crazy efects aren't just for show...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hope we get to see DK put the smackdown on other characters (Mario & Luigi one on Pyrosphere on Sept. 2) instead of being a punching bag often lately.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And so ends September. Nintendo's going to kick off Q4 tomorrow by having a Nintendo Direct in the morning so something might come of that. In your guys' opinion, which was better: August or September? August had 1 character, 2 stages, and 1 item while September had 2 characters. The pace of reveals for August was a lot better but I do like the fact that we got 2 characters in September despite an initial 3 week stall.

D

Deleted member

Tomorrow is a Nintendo Direct for the Wii U and 3DS...

I am really hoping to see Little Mac get announced! Or something else that would be big, like Mewtwo!

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't exactly expect anything big from the next Nintendo Direct right now.
I guess you're right, but I'm a still pumped regardless. Even if we don't get news for SSB4, I'm happy enough if we get more news about SM3DW or Tropical Freeze. But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I prefer August. Not only was it because of more character diversity shown (I mean very less chances of seeing characters appear twice in a row) and that there was the Reset Bomb Forest shown twice, but one of the main features was the reveal of our first ever new item, the X-bomb, coincidentally revealed on my B-day (that KI goodness). Also we got to see a tad more stage variety in there, like Gerudo Valley, The Fire Emblem place, and the Wii Fit place, all of which September never showed.
Speaking of which, there were 5 3ds photos in August compared to September's 3. Personally, I want to see a bit more of the 3ds photos too to show off how good them details could be on a handheld. Don't get me wrong. I try to avoid biasness on this post, but I just felt that August had more diversity compared to September imo.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The only thing August really did for me was confirming the Pyrosphere stage, otherwise it felt like it was just Luigi goofing around.

I have really liked September, not only because of the many Pyrosphere pictures, but two character announcements (which is in all honesty what we're really waiting for,) comments about balancing, and we've had the Galaxy stage tease. It's been a good month.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Ah Crap this picture proves the clones engine survived

im going to be so mad if after the release date and ganondorff still does not have a sword

oh yea and for those playing at home toon links and links Up B and Down B look the same as eachothers

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

im going to be so mad if after the release date and ganondorff still does not have a sword

oh yea and for those playing at home toon links and links Up B and Down B look the same as eachothers

So uh why are people still whining about Falcondorf? I mean yeah, swords and ****z but c'mon, I bet Dorf would actually get boring to me due that. I think him using his fists in his current moveset is pretty rad.

Why?

BECAUSE TRIFORCE OF ****ING POWER

THAT'S WHY

WHO NEEDS SWORDS. WHO

NEEDS

SWORDS

WHEN YOU HAVE POWER ENOUGH ON YOUR FISTS

Like it shows even in his profile pic for Brawl

"I need only my hands to be fierce *******."

Like seriously, it might have been accidental but to be honest, it fits Dorf the best way I can imagine. Also Falcon's moves aren't derived from anything canon (only inspired), so it's kinda like inbetween unoriginal YET original.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Personally I don't have an interest in Ganondorf, but my two cents is that I don't want there to be too many sword characters. I mean in Brawl we had Pit, 2 Links, a MK (eww), Marth and Ike. I'd like to see different characters have their different styles of combat to show off battle diversity. You got Bowser with his claws, shell, and fire breath, who can also kick now. You have Link that although he has his sword, he uses other weapons too and can kick as well. You have Pit with his Bow that becomes 2 blades (that itself is unique) who also has different weapons to show off his versatility. Now Samus is more of the ranged type of character with different projectiles who probably will be outdone by Megaman anyways. You know what I'm getting at though.
But then, I don't mind if Ganon does use a sword, but I'd prefer it if he only has 1 move that makes him use it... It'd be better than nothing, right?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
The problem with multiple character reveals is that there are only 2 slots left on the website. Unless they just add more slots... But I'm happy he's in it. I had a feeling he would return but I did not expect for him to be revealed. At least, not before Zelda.

The thing that does bother me is that it looks like his movesets haven't changed judging from the few screens. Maybe later on Sakurai will unveil more about the changes brought to Toon Link, I'd hope. This also leads me to believe the game is indeed being rushed out the door to a point that they wouldn't have time to alter or change characters movesets- at least not incrementally.
You do know the site's layout changes to best fit the current device you are using, right?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yes. But if you select a character and look at the far bottom of the screen, there are only two empty slots. If you also look into the source code, you'll see things like "character-pit", "character-koopa" and so on. Those two slots hold "none-gif". There's only two files for those. That's what I'm talking about.

Again, they can always add more without notice anyways.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Yes. But if you select a character and look at the far bottom of the screen, there are only two empty slots. If you also look into the source code, you'll see things like "character-pit", "character-koopa" and so on. Those two slots hold "none-gif". There's only two files for those. That's what I'm talking about.

Again, they can always add more without notice anyways.
Yeah that really doesn't hold too much water, sorry bud. I mean thats something they can easily change and it makes sense they wouldn't make entire empty rows for veterans etc.

Tesh

Smash Hero
if a new character is revealed, it would likely be nintendo direct as only new characters are getting intro cutscenes.

hopefully they continue to make them tricky like villager's and WFT

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Toon Link still seems the be the more expressive of the two.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I got on Miiverse this morning and seeing all that purple in such a tiny picture shook me up for a moment. Glad I'm not the only one.

Imagine that was Sakurai's plan to troll Ridley some more? Get the perfect purple slash on the Pyrosphere to keep the Ridley nuts on their toes.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman

You gotta give Sakurai some credit, to make a character from a place filled with magic and mythical creatures and give him the same moveset of a futuristic racer that is kinda creative. It may be lazy to some degree but to even think about combing these two isn't your normal everyday thinking. There are gonna be clones we gotta accept it, it may be kinda lazy but what can we do. To be honest some of the characters people want to change drastically I doubt it will happen.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
You gotta give Sakurai some credit, to make a character from a place filled with magic and mythical creatures and give him the same moveset of a futuristic racer that is kinda creative. It may be lazy to some degree but to even think about combing these two isn't your normal everyday thinking. There are gonna be clones we gotta accept it, it may be kinda lazy but what can we do. To be honest some of the characters people want to change drastically I doubt it will happen.
There in alot games especially street figther you cannot say ken , akuma , and sakura arent ryus in different forms and a girl

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's just the reality of the situation, it is very difficult to make a fighting game with a large roster without resorting to cloning or processes in order to save the development time and costs associated with that kind of thing.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
It's just the reality of the situation, it is very difficult to make a fighting game with a large roster without resorting to cloning or processes in order to save the development time and costs associated with that kind of thing.
My thoughts exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom