• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to bed as soon as the site updated with Olimar and WFT. I had a feeling something was off about it. Now I know why; Sonic's back. Let's talk about this:

New move?

D

Deleted member

I'M SO FREAKING HAPPY! I literally screamed "Sonic!" when I saw him!

Glad to see you return, Sonic! I hope your moveset gets some revisions.

More likely it's just him landing.

What do you think the stuff behind him is then? A new move was my first guess: Sonic dashing forward and slamming everyone in front of him into the ground sounds like a pretty solid replacement for his forward special. It could be something else though.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What do you think the stuff behind him is then? A new move was my first guess: Sonic dashing forward and slamming everyone in front of him into the ground sounds like a pretty solid replacement for his forward special. It could be something else though.
It's the graphic effect from Link hitting the ground and Luigi getting hit as well both at the same time. We've always had those.

That's all.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It could be a new move, but keeping in mind the effects look different this time anyway, and there's a lot of unknown possibilities that could've resulted in this picture, I'm still going to stick with his pose being reminiscent of him landing, but yeah, it could be something else.

It's the graphic effect from Link hitting the ground and Luigi getting hit as well both at the same time. We've always had those.

That's all.

If you look it's behind Luigi quite a bit. N3ON is right though; the visuals have changed and It could be just them bouncing off the ground.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Interesting to see Sonic back. I didn't think they were going to bring back past guest. If Toon Link and Sonic are back, it gives me hope that the rest of the cast will return too. Just, two things
1)Really hope they nerf his Final Smash.
2)And give him some good music. The greatest injustice Brawl committed was not giving the Sonic series an adequate sound track. All we got was Angle Island and a lot of vocal songs.

I occasionally look through the source code and files to see if there's anything to be found. There isn't right now, but once we get closer to release I'm sure we'll be able to find something, like how people found Captain Falcon's logo on the Brawl site.
That was because Goroh was shown off as the first assist trophy.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Excellent! Sonic is back.

Also, is it just me, or does the gameplay look a tad faster than in the other trailers? :D

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
SONIC IS BACK!!! I'm pretty damn happy right now! :bee:

So... I guess this means the next time we get a boring uneventful picture... that's mean we are going to get an exciting eventful picture! Yeah!!!

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Excellent! Sonic is back.

Also, is it just me, or does the gameplay look a tad faster than in the other trailers? :D

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Look at that gameplay! Sonic looks revamped and all the people complaining about this being "Brawl 2.0" (aka Melee fanBOYS/Project M fanBOYS) seem wrong at this point. I saw some awesome combos being stacked up with bearable knockback this time around! It looks like it'll really be a balance between Melee (too fast) and Brawl (too slow)! By the way, I have nothing against Melee and Project M fans (I prefer Melee gameplay myself), it's just the fanboys (the ones who have such low expectations for Smash U/3DS all the time and only like Nintendo because of Smash Bros) that irritate me. However, on a more positive note as before, THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!! The Nintendo Direct was very interesting as well.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Interesting to see Sonic back. I didn't think they were going to bring back past guest. If Toon Link and Sonic are back, it gives me hope that the rest of the cast will return too. Just, two things
1)Really hope they nerf his Final Smash.
2)And give him some good music. The greatest injustice Brawl committed was not giving the Sonic series an adequate sound track. All we got was Angle Island and a lot of vocal songs.

That was because Goroh was shown off as the first assist trophy.
OBJECTION!!!
The first assist trophy to be revealed was Nintendog!!!
TAKE THAT!!!

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
I ****ing called it. I never doubted for a moment, even if it seemed like that I did. Now I can finally and completely rest and relax from that part of my speculation of this game. Mario, Sonic, & Mega Man all in Smash FTW!

Suck on that, haters. Now I wonder what they're gonna do with Snake, though...

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
These reveals are happenin so fast!
Did the picture change twice today? I coulda sworn this mornin it was just a pic of Miss Fit and Olimar doin yoga, then I check it later because I'm so obsessed and HOLY SH$# SAWNIC!
Nintendo, Sega, Capcom. After seeing the screenshots I can understand why people would want Pac Man and Namco to get in on this. Too much blue between Mario, Sonic and MegaMan. Needs a splash of yellow.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I thought it was a no brainer he'd return, but it's good to see confirmation.

Getting more and more hyped for this game.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Boy, Peach/Toon Link got even less daily pics than Olimar before something more interesting came along.
It's been really fast. We got three characters within 30 days. We could get another around the 11th.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
It's been really fast. We got three characters within 30 days. We could get another around the 11th.

By something more interesting, also meant new stages (Pilotwings/Pyrosphere, possibly a Galaxy stage) along with balance quotes.

D

Deleted member

I see that happening with Pokemon X and Y coming out. It would be rather odd for Sakurai to not promote the game on the SSB4 website.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I think October is the month of Smash. 3 possible reveals (kick it off with Sonic, each week a new character like a Pokemon character, R.O.B., etc.). Maybe it's half-way to Smash and we'll see an April 2014 release? Or we'll see the more likely Nov. 2014 release.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
These reveals are happenin so fast!
Did the picture change twice today? I coulda sworn this mornin it was just a pic of Miss Fit and Olimar doin yoga, then I check it later because I'm so obsessed and HOLY SH$# SAWNIC!
Nintendo, Sega, Capcom. After seeing the screenshots I can understand why people would want Pac Man and Namco to get in on this. Too much blue between Mario, Sonic and MegaMan. Needs a splash of yellow.
You mean Pacster? :troll:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
It'd be interesting if they use the Pokemon Trainer from XY but still using Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard lol

But if PT returns, I think it'd be Red still.

Morbi

Scavenger
It'd be interesting if they use the Pokemon Trainer from XY but still using Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard lol

But if PT returns, I think it'd be Red still.
Isn't there character customization in X and Y? That would make it difficult to find the universal interpretation of Pokemon. I still think it would be based on Red (as you said).

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Pumped to see Sonic back, he my favorite game character. Kinda disappointing that it seems like they just ported his Brawl moveset over, hopefully it can still be changed, or the few moves that haven't been shown are actually different.

I went to bed as soon as the site updated with Olimar and WFT. I had a feeling something was off about it. Now I know why; Sonic's back. Let's talk about this:

New move?
That's the cool down animation for his dash attack iirc.

May I just say, at around 0:15 on the Pilotwings stage, it appears Pikachu went through Sonic's spindash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnK-aVQfngw

Am I missing something, or does sonic go so fast he phases through oncoming rats?
If I remember right, Sonic's spin dashes don't have a hit box when he starts to turn around.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I want more Olimar pictures...

More pics of Pikachu would be nice too....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom