• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
We're probably getting trolled by Sakurai and he's probably not even ready to reveal Ridley's role yet. "An enemy from Samus' past" could be Ridley, but it could also be the new Mother Brain, Dark Samus, a Kraid assist trophy, there's a lot of different options and Sakurai could just want you to think it's Ridley. Or it could just be a reference to the fact that that area is where Ridley is fought in Other M and everyone is getting worked up this week about a possible reveal for nothing. I vote we all just calm down and be reasonable until we have more information.

Edit: Yes, I am prepared to eat my words in about 4 hours if necessary.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It's funny to read that people want to see us rage at Ridley not getting in. If you haven't seen that then it's because you missed the Brawl speculation. It's happened before guys, too bad you missed the rage you want to see so much. Right now it's more about seeing a 10 year old dream coming true rather than a simple character inclusion. I'm a bit shocked to read the last few pages, I thought I was on Smashboards and not GameFAQS.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not Ridley, but its still cool nonetheless.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I'M guessing olimar is taking a while because sakurai is having trouble with the multiple olimars and pikmen on screen issue.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
the first 3DS images of Villager and WFT. WFT fits in well with cell shading due to how her design is.
daily.jpg

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Masahiro Sakurai said:
"Pic of the day. I guess we haven't shown the Villager or the Wii Fit Trainer on the 3DS until now. By the way, their outlines can be made thinner or made to disappear completely."
I'm so happy to finally see these two in the 3DS version. (Even though it was obvious they would show up in the 3DS version as well anyway since they were advertised to be). I guess out of the currently revealed characters only Olimar is left for now to be shown in the 3DS version.

And I'm even happier that Sakurai has given us the option to adjust the thickness of the outlines or make them disappear completely if we want to. (I wasn't actually much of a fan of the outlines if I can be totally honest so I was kinda hoping we would get an option to remove them if we wish to)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That's very cool that you can adjust the outlines' thickness. Such small things are nice, it just makes it feel like you have so much control over the game.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
you didn't even know that Olimar was in the game already?
...Context. Do you recognize it?

He's confused because, as he stated, Olimar has already been confirmed to be playable. The problem is that he's only thinking about the Wii U version and not the 3DS version, thus missing that what the poster before him meant was that Olimar is the only one of the currently confirmed characters who hasn't been shown on the 3DS yet.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Sakurai has already said that both the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game will have the same cast of characters, the fact that Olimar was confirmed back when he was should have told him the little guy would be on both versions.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Sakurai has already said that both the 3DS and Wii U versions of the game will have the same cast of characters, the fact that Olimar was confirmed back when he was should have told him the little guy would be on both versions.
Pretty much this.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Now people will stop whining about no 3DS pics of WFT and Villager! :D
Edit: Interesting, you can control the thickness of the outlines on 3DS for personal preference

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Both look quite good on the 3DS all things concerned, though given their coloring and design the cell shade looks good on those two in particular.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
The only stages so far on the 3DS that look to be competitive (to me) are Battlefield and FD. Maybe that Fire Emblem stage, but I think you are able to do wall infinites. Doesn't really matter, just stay way as best as you can.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Wow, WFT looks really good in cell-shading, and good luck losing track of your chars when you turn off the outlines :D

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Of coarse something occurred to me maybe they will do 2 pictures today just like on the day luigi got revealed it was 1 picture then later on since Ridley is a newcomer the trailer and the picture

D

Deleted member

Well, at least this can prove that the roster will be the same for the Wii U and 3DS. Some people still believe that it's different in both versions...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, at least this can prove that the roster will be the same for the Wii U and 3DS. Some people still believe that it's different in both versions...

I had no proof yet :(. But now, yeah, the roster's going to be the same. I admit defeat. But I honestly laughed when they revealed the picture.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Of coarse something occurred to me maybe they will do 2 pictures today just like on the day luigi got revealed it was 1 picture then later on since Ridley is a newcomer the trailer and the picture
That should have been yesterday if it would happen. I'm holding out for Friday or next week.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I actually wouldn't be surprised if we heard anything for quite awhile actually.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
A little off topic here, but where's TheWhiteBowser? I haven't seen him in a while and yesterday had a pic that showed Bowser as well.

On the pic of today: Some great news of Vilager and WFT finally being seen on the 3ds, between the piltowings stage, the x bomb, the metroid stage, and now this, Sakurai seems to be giving us a lot of new stuff. I hope this continues, but maybe he'll just give us a mundane picture for tommorow.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
This is what I was thinking. Last time we got a pic of the day with just two characters standing, Luigi was confirmed not long after haha. If no one is confirmed today though I'm alright with that. I like the outline adjusting thing for the 3DS.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
The only stages so far on the 3DS that look to be competitive (to me) are Battlefield and FD. Maybe that Fire Emblem stage, but I think you are able to do wall infinites. Doesn't really matter, just stay way as best as you can.
There isn't a fire emblem stage.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I actually wouldn't be surprised if we heard anything for quite awhile actually.
Yeah we get about ONE major update per week, so I wouldn't be surprised if Ridley news doesn't hit us for a while as well.

Interesting, you can control the thickness of the outlines on 3DS for personal preference
Awesome feature! I wasn't a fan of the Outlines since the trailer reveal. I personally think Villager looks MUCH better on 3DS than WFT does. She still looks choppy.

A little off topic here, but where's TheWhiteBowser? I haven't seen him in a while and yesterday had a pic that showed Bowser as well.
Shhhhhhhh. The silence is nice.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
The people in the audience have explosives, so if you fly far left/right you explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom