• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Now people will stop whining about no 3DS pics of WFT and Villager! :D
Edit: Interesting, you can control the thickness of the outlines on 3DS for personal preference
the first 3DS images of Villager and WFT. WFT fits in well with cell shading due to how her design is.
View attachment 2314
This is so exciting. About time! They look really good. The cel-shading on WFT looks amazing.
Wow, WFT looks really good in cell-shading, and good luck losing track of your chars when you turn off the outlines :D
You guys are aware they are not cell shaded, right? Just because it has an outline =/= cell shaded. It has a smooth gradient on values on the the self shading, and it is more realistic than cell shading. She does look pretty great though. (Also adjusting the outline will make so many people happy who disliked it but I'm probably going to keep the outline as is.)

Those shadows are pretty embarrassing.
Those shadows man. :/
Yeah it's looking like pretty much every 3DS version character will have those lazy shadows.
I wouldn't say it is lazy, but it may be all the 3ds can handle to pull off good online and local play. Also the 3ds has to render everything twice when the 3d is on so it may also prevent dropped frames and keep a 4 person ice climber fest semi playable. Overall I prefer a playable game than shadows I will hardly notice (In motion you might not even miss the more dynamic shadows.)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Please let it be a new playable character an not a hazard......

Who said it's high res? All I said was that the picture was the size of a wallpaper image.

It is high res, compared to the Dojo updates. I was asking where did you get such big version of the dojo update.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wow, WFT looks really good in cell-shading, and good luck losing track of your chars when you turn off the outlines :D
Don't worry, I won't. :p

I'm a strong independent gamer. Who needs no outlines! :troll:

But seriously, I had no problems with what was going on in games like Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D when the action was going on in the background and the characters turned smaller. I doubt the stages will be that large to the point the camera needs to go that far back and it becomes hard to see what's going on. Plus I got a 3DS XL so I should be fine.

But if I really can't see what's going on or if those outlines really make the gameplay better somehow then I guess I'll turn them on then, if it doesn't make much of a difference then I'll switch it off. ;) But that's just my opinion really. :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Apparently Nintendo's going to have a big presence at PAX next week so Sakurai may push things into Maximum Overtroll by delaying any announcements about Ridley until next Friday.

Today's update is nice because people will finally quit whining about it despite it being noted multiple times in interviews that both games would have the same characters.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Apparently Nintendo's going to have a big presence at PAX next week so Sakurai may push things into Maximum Overtroll by delaying any announcements about Ridley until next Friday.
That's big news for me. PAX is much bigger than Gamescon, and it's in America. If Nintendo has a press conference of any sort there then it'll make much more sense to announce Ridley there instead.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's big news for me. PAX is much bigger than Gamescon, and it's in America. If Nintendo has a press conference of any sort there then it'll make much more sense to announce Ridley there instead.
Potentially. Apparently there's going to be as many demos as there was for E3 and they're having press conferences for several games. From the look of things this is going to be their last major convention appearance for the year.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Potentially. Apparently there's going to be as many demos as there was for E3 and they're having press conferences for several games. From the look of things this is going to be their last major convention appearance for the year.
Well, there's gotta be something then, it'd be a great missed opportunity otherwise. But hey, maybe they feel they can reach a bigger crowd with the Directs, so of course there's a chance we'll see nothing.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
the shadows are pathetic in the 3ds version im so glad Im without a doubt getting the wii u version

>Chooses not to buy a game
>BECAUSE OF SHADOW

Somebody must hate SA2 and pretty much every modern sonic game to date.
But seriously though the shadows may be pathetic but choosing one game over another for something small like that is kinda messed up.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Today's update is nice because people will finally quit whining about it despite it being noted multiple times in interviews that both games would have the same characters.
really what day that's a possible time ridley could get announced since newcomers get trailers if playable of coarse

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
really what day that's a possible time ridley could get announced since newcomers get trailers if playable of coarse
Starts next Friday and goes until Labor Day. I believe a Wonderful 101 and Pokemon X/Y press conferences have already been announced.

Update: Nintendo's now promoting the event on their Facebook page so they are, in fact, treating the event like a big deal.

Azule07

Smash Cadet
To touch on the comment from Sakurai about the Metroid Stage, i'd like to point out that this in no way actually means anything about a character reveal anytime soon. It's pretty frustrating when you're waiting for news, yes, but all he said was actually talking about the stage. He hasn't hinted at future reveals or any future stages/news before now, so why would he suddenly start doing it?

I believe that it's pretty obvious he's talking in regards to the stage, so I actually hope he's NOT talking about Ridley at all, otherwise this pretty much confirms him as a stage hazard.

And Villager just looks odd on the 3DS version.

D

Deleted member

wha... but... HE CONFIRMED THIS

what?
(I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not)

I remember seeing people freaking out when Sakurai said that they will have the same roster amount. Some people interpreted that as "The Wii U and 3DS versions will have the same roster size but there will be version exclusive characters." I have no idea why people jumped onto that conclusion.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I would think of two things that may have caused it, first of all was the lack of pictures for Wii Fit Trainer and Villager at the time the statement was made. The second is probably a result of people who did not like the WFT or the Villager and were hoping they wouldn't be in both games.

I'd assume more of the former mostly because the latter is too stupid to believe.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
The 3DS version has probably fallen behind the Wii U version in development time, the shadows will likely be better later on.
The shadows are rendered with an extra low-poly model in Smash games. (Is this true for all games?) So it's probably a poly-count issue with the 3D turned on. But 3DS falling behind is possible. The team was having issues, it seemed.
Edit: Wii U shadows are almost as bad. They don't even really exist. And they're just gigantic pixels on the ground. I'm looking through the pics and I've yet to find more than one that the shadows even exist.

JayTheBrainMann

Smash Cadet
Opinions are like assholes... most everyone has one. :troll:

Anyways, I for one am happy to finally see Wii Fit Trainer on 3DS. And I couldn't care less about the shadows.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
No matter how bad the characters, controls, storyline, weird face issues when talking, and glitches are, the Sonic Adventure Series will always be my fav. There are so many games that could have a remake on the 3DS from sonic (Sonic Advance trilogy, Sonic adventure games, and Sonic Heroes comes to mind). Oh yeah, and Sonic needs to be announced so I can choose whether or not I will get Lost Worlds, or smash (if I buy lost worlds, I might not have enough money to buy smash until much later).

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I love modern Sonic but you're four breeds of delusional if you don't think the Adventure games are crap.
Adventure 1 was a chore, Adventure 2 was one of the best Sonic games of ALL TIME. Am I the only one that loved the Knuckles levels?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Adventure 1 was a chore, Adventure 2 was one of the best Sonic games of ALL TIME. Am I the only one that loved the Knuckles levels?
I loved those levels. Guys, I think we need to get on topic. So, anyone else not expecting the pic of the day? I was pretty surprised to not see a Wii U stage

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
I know this is old news, but being able to lighten or completely get rid of the lines gives me this reaction:

(Also I don't care about those shadows - maybe they're still being made?)

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
They are definitely still in development. I doubt Sakurai would leave them that crappy. Kid icarus had shadows that weren't that horrible, so I don't think Sakurai would make it that bad.

Alzi

Smash Master
Shadows would be something you touch up towards the end, they just aren't important at this time in development.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
This whole time when people were talking about shadows, I thought they were talkin bout the outlines. I was like, "Don't people know that the outline can be turned off?"
After taking another look at the screenshot I see what yall mean. I mean, circles for shadows would've been okay, but they couldn't even make a proper F$#@$#$ circle.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
This whole time when people were talking about shadows, I thought they were talkin bout the outlines. I was like, "Don't people know that the outline can be turned off?"
After taking another look at the screenshot I see what yall mean. I mean, circles for shadows would've been okay, but they couldn't even make a proper F$#@$#$ circle.
Oh, this post made me laugh. You know they are gonna fix it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom