• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I just realized something that may be one of the greatest trolls ever.
Aren't there other power suit characters in Metroid?
What if Sakurai made us think he was talking about Ridley, but was actually referring to a Samus clone he's adding for Sm4sh?

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Sakurai usually goes out with a bang on Friday, so I'm going to predict a Deadpool reveal.
If deadpool gets revealed, I will give up on smash. Jk, I could never do that, but I will never use him (or maybe once, cause he is pretty awesome).

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Man that looks sweet! I love how there are multiple planes and its so cool. Maybe a plane flies up from wuhu island? and it seems like miles of water for the background but still really neat and a creative stage.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pika and Fox on a plane. I can live with that, since Pika and Fox haven't had much attention lately.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Man that looks sweet! I love how there are multiple planes and its so cool. Maybe a plane flies up from wuhu island? and it seems like miles of water for the background but still really neat and a creative stage.
I wonder if you can jump from plane to plane. They look pretty close to each other.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I wonder if you can jump from plane to plane. They look pretty close to each other.
They were riding on the red plane in the past picture of this stage. Plus the red plane looks like it may actually fly out of the fighting area and come back (It seems slightly further ahead.)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like the fight starts on the SNES island and head towards Wuhuu.

Also the challenger approaching seems to have been removed.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
In the words of Nicki Minaj...

LET'S GO TO THE BEACH.

But seriously this looks beautiful. This amazing HD, Nintendo needs to make a game were we can free roam Wuhu island without time limits. Some of you may say pilot wings resort and Wii sports resort, but think about free roaming Wuhu island doing multiple activities and maybe even a real time clock (it should be able to be disabled though). Pretty much everything you could do in Wii sports resort, pilot wings, Wii music, Wii fit and maybe even Wii Play games. Plus they could add Wii Fit Trainer and people who play smash will identify her and possibly get the game. And to top it all off Wuhu island is actually amazing and pretty fun to explore.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Very impressive! I am loving every single stage that has been shown thus far.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This looks like an absolutely crazy stage. Seriously, it looks grand, hectic, and quite honestly it looks like it'll play unlike any other stage we've seen before. Looks great.

That happened on Tuesday with the Metroid stage screenshot, IIRC.
As a Ridley fan I've been keeping a sharp eye on it. It was only officially hidden in the source code yesterday, before that it sometimes had trouble showing because of cache files. It hasn't been completely removed from the code though, it looks all ready to be edited in an easy way.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yep. This is a stage that will make competitive people butt hurt because the planes tip and turn and possibly barrel roll.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Yep. This is a stage that will make competitive people butt hurt because the planes tip and turn and possibly barrel roll.
If it actually did a barrel roll. I doubt anyone would want to play there.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Funny thing is that i wasn't serious about the barrel roll. But the game would probably let you jump on another plane before the one does it.
I knew you weren't serious. Just wanted to say that. I think Smash Central is right about this being a new Pokefloats stage. This time, it won't have so many of them though.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, and it'll at least make sense this time. Poké Floats was just super random, it felt like they had run out of Pokémon ideas and decided to make a ton of giant Pokémons the platforms instead. A pretty unique idea to say the least, but I personally don't like the execution. This looks much better, it'll make you feel like Indiana Jones, except that you can actually die.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Interesting, makes me wonder how it will pan out in motion.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681

For those too lazy to check the first page for the quote.
Ya know, iDOWN. I think your first post on this thread is the most edited one in the Smashboards. You should get a medal.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
From what I can gather from the picture, it seems as though the plane's wings will dip down as one player steps on it. I think this because it looks as though Fox had just landed on the platform.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I noticed that the planes are facing away from the screen in this shot, any ideas why?
Also, there aren't Miis on the island, is that just because the planes aren't close enough yet?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was hoping for the war to be ending about Ridley today but kindof figured you had to jump plane from plane on stage I wouldn't be surprised if there was a warning from the old plane

But there's promise the team Ridley playable might win since the warning challenger approaching banner got removed again

But since next week is the last week of August 2013 I would be surprise if that is still on but possible Friday due to PAX since the westoneers witch is most of us witch would be a of greatest announcement. Although if Ridley's confirmed his confirmation will be more exciting than megamans confirmation

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
I never played Metroid, nor Megaman, so I can say that they will both not be exciting for me.
Holy cow, dude. You have some serious gaming to do. Go buy Mega Man collection for Gamecube, which has all the games 1-6, and play them all in order right now. Then get a copy of Metroid for NES, followed by Super Metroid. DO IT.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Holy cow, dude. You have some serious gaming to do. Go buy Mega Man collection for Gamecube, which has all the games 1-6, and play them all in order right now. Then get a copy of Metroid for NES, followed by Super Metroid. DO IT.
Hahaha good one, like I have the money. If I did, I would try them out. Especially Megaman, cause, judging by all the cheering he got when revealed, I bet he had some pretty good games. Metroid looks cool. I was actually gonna get the Metroid Trilogy for the Wii, but then I got Skyward Sword.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
I like how it's combining the two planes and locations between the SNES version and the 3DS version. It's also pretty! I can't wait to see its motion and gameplay.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here's the new pic in case you're too lazy to go to the front page:
View attachment 2395
OMG... this Pilotwings stage is very similar to my Sky Skipper stage idea I posted here 2 years ago! Granted, there are some differences but the concept is very similar. Read here!

Arcadenik said:
I just had this crazy idea for a stage. I know it is highly unlikely but I was just thinking about how cool it would be to have a stage where we fight on a plane. No, no, not Arwings or anything like that. I mean a regular plane from the 1920's, what's it they are called? Oh, yes, a biplane!

Anyway, this biplane is the main stage and it is pretty much made up of one long and flat platform on the top and two short but flat platforms under. The biplane's body would serve as an impassible wall between the two short platforms.

After a while, the biplane starts to move out from the screen in one side as another biplane appears from the other side. The characters must then jump on to the other biplane. Throughout the match, we jump back and forth between the two biplanes. Both biplanes can be perfectly horizontal but sometimes they tilt back and forth... so some items might roll off them and it might be a bit difficult to walk on them.

The biplane is flying around a huge Medieval castle surrounded by green hills and it is overrun with gorillas who are throwing balls at the biplanes. Inside and outside the castle, you can see playing card soldiers/frogs/rabbits, jesters, kings, and queens jumping up and down. The name of the stage would be called "Wonder Kingdom" because it is the setting of an obscure Nintendo arcade game from 1981, Sky Skipper.
http://smashboards.com/threads/new-smash-bros-for-wiiu.304894/page-79#post-12860748

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Hahaha good one, like I have the money. If I did, I would try them out. Especially Megaman, cause, judging by all the cheering he got when revealed, I bet he had some pretty good games. Metroid looks cool. I was actually gonna get the Metroid Trilogy for the Wii, but then I got Skyward Sword.
No, dude. Go to the roots. The NES is where it's at. You can get that Mega Man collection for Gamecube for like 5 bucks at your local game store, and then you can play it on your Wii (it's also on ps2!). Super Metroid/Metroid NES is waaaaaaay better than Metroid Prime (and I liked Prime, fine; played all three), but the NES and SNES versions are the classic versions that you won't regret purchasing. Also, they are insanely cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom