• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
No, dude. Go to the roots. The NES is where it's at. You can get that Mega Man collection for Gamecube for like 5 bucks at your local game store, and then you can play it on your Wii (it's also on ps2!). Super Metroid/Metroid NES is waaaaaaay better than Metroid Prime (and I liked Prime, fine; played all three), but the NES and SNES versions are the classic versions that you won't regret purchasing. Also, they are insanely cheaper.
I forgot that I could play Gamecube games for Wii :awesome: I'll get it then.
But first, gotta save up my money for Sonic Lost Worlds and Smash Bros. Those are my top priority games (along with Pokemon and Mario Kart).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The stage looks incredible and I really appreciate that they decided to mix the new with the old. This might not have been the incredible "new" Friday update that many of us were hoping for but this new bit of information is still nice, to say the least.

D

Deleted member

I'm really liking the Pilotwings stage so far! It's pretty inventive how you go from the first Pilotwings area to Wuhu Island. I wonder how the stage will play out

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Yep. This is a stage that will make competitive people butt hurt because the planes tip and turn and possibly barrel roll.
My bum feels great. I love counter-picking stages like this in tournament matches. I was actually really upset when I started going back to tournies again and realized Pokémon Stadium was the only counter-pick. I also just want to say one more thing on this topic:

Can we all stop generalizing the personalities, views, and opinions of Casual/Competitive Smash players?

Make assumptions has never been cool, and so far the past three or four I've seen have all been grossly incorrect. I play with both Competitive and Casual friends on almost a daily basis, and each one has their own preferences on how to play, what stages are considered fair/unfair, etc.

No, dude. Go to the roots. The NES is where it's at. You can get that Mega Man collection for Gamecube for like 5 bucks at your local game store, and then you can play it on your Wii (it's also on ps2!). Super Metroid/Metroid NES is waaaaaaay better than Metroid Prime (and I liked Prime, fine; played all three), but the NES and SNES versions are the classic versions that you won't regret purchasing. Also, they are insanely cheaper.
I would highly recommend this advice. Playing retro games is ridiculously fun, especially since I think most of us have this "idea" of what a game is supposed to be like based on all previous games we've played and how they've progressed over the years. I've only played the Metroid games briefly on each console, and Super Metroid was definitely the most fun for me. Although I did love Mega Man 9 for Wii Ware, pretty much any Mega Man game does it for me. In fact, I played MvC2 for the first time in almost a decade the other night and Mega Man was extremely fun to use in that game. I can't wait to use him in Smash.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I look forward to this stage a lot; it looks beautiful and crazy fun. I haven't seen anything unfair looking in it so far though we really don't know how it works all that well yet; I think the verdict is "reserve your judgment" on that stuff.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
My bum feels great. I love counter-picking stages like this in tournament matches. I was actually really upset when I started going back to tournies again and realized Pokémon Stadium was the only counter-pick. I also just want to say one more thing on this topic:

Can we all stop generalizing the personalities, views, and opinions of Casual/Competitive Smash players?

Make assumptions has never been cool, and so far the past three or four I've seen have all been grossly incorrect. I play with both Competitive and Casual friends on almost a daily basis, and each one has their own preferences on how to play, what stages are considered fair/unfair, etc.
Wasn't making an assumption or generalizing everyone. I never used words to say ALL competitive players. I know a few who love the gimmicky stages.

However, recently i have been watching a few weekly breakdown videos on Youtube that are hosted by a bunch of competitive players who are bashing every stage that isn't, quote on quote, "fair".

SmashCentralOfficial

Wasn't making an assumption or generalizing everyone. I never used words to say ALL competitive players. I know a few who love the gimmicky stages.

However, recently i have been watching a few weekly breakdown videos on Youtube that are hosted by a bunch of competitive players who are bashing every stage that isn't, quote on quote, "fair".
Yeah there are those competitive players that do have a pretty boring/bland outlook on the game. I also wasn't specifically targeting you, I was referring to anyone/everyone who makes comments putting words into Casual/Competitive player's mouths. You were just the most recent person to make an assumption, don't take it personally.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Competitive Smash is no different then anything else really, it's not entirely united and there are opinions all over to place on what the aspects of anything means. I have no doubt there are overzealous players that will only consider things like Final Destination as acceptable. But I can't image they make up a large majority of them. Been awhile since I paid attention to the competitive scene so could be wrong there. Hah.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I think I speak for all competitive and casual players when I say, "smash bros is awesome". You don't even have to play it to know it's awesome. The title is awesome enough. Anyways, I'd like to see how the camera angle works for the Pilot stage. It could just be Sakurai moving the camera himself though.

SmashCentralOfficial

I'd like to see how the camera angle works for the Pilot stage. It could just be Sakurai moving the camera himself though.

I'm curious about this as well. I would think the camera would be that zoomed out, and that Sakurai just wanted to show us the island in the distance.

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
Soo many secrets and info we wanna know but such along time till realease/something very big is revealed(witch I hope they reveal TL or that they give players the option to see the other characters like in the original smash dojo in were they had question marks and you could see them to spoil it if you felt like it but well most than likely have to wait until realese for that to happen well I still have sites in were they will say the characters about some time later and I wont get Smash on realese(might)for all I know)

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Soo many secrets and info we wanna know but such along time till realease/something very big is revealed(witch I hope they reveal TL or that they give players the option to see the other characters like in the original smash dojo in were they had question marks and you could see them to spoil it if you felt like it but well most than likely have to wait until realese for that to happen well I still have sites in were they will say the characters about some time later and I wont get Smash on realese(might)for all I know)

I'd read this...but that color does not work well with a grey background.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
When people choose different colour fonts on this forum really grind my gears.
What's the point other than making it a b itch to read?

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Honestly, I don't like that ugly pink color on that Pilotwings plane, but the yellow plane from Wuhu Island looks SO MUCH BETTER. They should have just redesigned the Pilotwings plane to look less ugly, and more better looking, like a different color. Meh. :ohwell:

SmashCentralOfficial

I have no doubt there are overzealous players that will only consider things like Final Destination as acceptable. But I can't image they make up a large majority of them.
True dat.
This is pretty much the exact definition of a generalization.

English Nazi coming through!
*quote, unquote
Sorry, it was bothering me. Carry on.
Jeeez aha way to call the guy out for your whole post. I sent a pm, because the nazi in me couldn't help it, either.

So I've developed a sort of pattern to Sakurai's daily screenshots, but this is in no way meant to be taken seriously.

Monday - disappointing.
Tuesday - usually something interesting or new.
Wednesday/Thursday - complete toss up. Could Pikachu and DK looking at a flower, or a brand new stage.
Friday - always something awesome.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Ugh, it's Saturday. I forgot that there aren't gonna be pictures.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai should take 7 pictures on Monday that way he can easily post a pic for each day.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This is pretty much the exact definition of a generalization.
I apologize if I'm not understanding your quoting of my comment. I wasn't really trying to generalize things. It's just really that all groups tend to have louder more zealous individual that create the negative stereotypes. There is no social, ethic, or fanbase group that can escape that.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
IS EVERYONE READY FOR ZSS ON THE 27TH? :troll:
The day a legitimate Smash Bros rumor comes from 4Chan and Lucario is revealed on a Saturday is the day I quit Smash speculation, because it'll simply be impossible from then on.

Ruthy

Smash Apprentice
How visually offensive.

It perplexes me that some people don't understand why the default colors are the way they are.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How visually offensive.

It perplexes me that some people don't understand why the default colors are the way they are.
Try using the white/light blue theme then. Curse everyone who writes with yellow and light green text!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It is the Western tenth anniversary of Wind Waker this year though. And it is being remade and rereleased on September in Japan and October everywhere else....

Toon Link confirmed! Haters gonna hate!

Toon link04

Smash Cadet
How visually offensive.

meh white is too bland for my taste >.<

It is the Western tenth anniversary of Wind Waker this year though. And it is being remade and rereleased on September in Japan and October everywhere else....

Toon Link confirmed! Haters gonna hate!
I dont belive it I need proof O_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom