• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
K is it really worth a facepalm that I have never heard of a person or video game character being named poopsmith ever in the history of all my video game playing days or even movie seeing days? Still I appreciate the humor though. And I have never played or seen a movie called Homestar Runner either never heard of anything like that in my entire life... At least from what I can remember right now. Unless it's not a video game which seems a twee bit illogical since that's all we talk about on this site... Excluding the social thread of course...
Still nice joke though. But if you steal my thunder with your facepalm meme video and take all the attention away from my Austin Powers meme image THERE WILL BE WAR!!!!!

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
K is it really worth a facepalm that I have never heard of a person or video game character being named poopsmith ever in the history of all my video game playing days or even movie seeing days? Still I appreciate the humor though. And I have never played or seen a movie called Homestar Runner either never heard of anything like that in my entire life... At least from what I can remember right now. Unless it's not a video game which seems a twee bit illogical since that's all we talk about on this site... Excluding the social thread of course...
Still nice joke though. But if you steal my thunder with your facepalm meme video and take all the attention away from my Austin Powers meme image THERE WILL BE WAR!!!!!
It was worth a facepalm that you assumed he meant it was from Pikmin.

It's not a video game. Homestar Runner is... well... essentially a flash cartoon comedy series... hard to explain. Internet circa ~2002.
http://www.homestarrunner.com/

ANYWAY, I like how pretty the new Pikmin stage is.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace

*Puts up jokes and tells people to chill*
*Then gets offended when someone jokes at him*

I'm confused.... =P

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
*Puts up jokes and tells people to chill*
*Then gets offended when someone jokes at him*

I'm confused.... =P
What part of my comment sounded defensive? I know analyzing replies to detect the mood of a person is hard but surely you can see that I'm kidding around especially when I say THERE WILL BE WAR!
I wasn't offended in any way dude. I even mentioned I found it funny that he used that video to express that I knew nothing about Homestar Runners.

Getting back on topic though... Why do any of you suppose the background in this new stage Garden of Hope is blurred out unlike all the other stages that have crisp detailed backgrounds? Seriously guys look at all the pictures of Olimar on this stage. Unless that's photoshop at work blurring out the background for Sakurai to troll us then its obviously something to talk about. Maybe it is because the stage is still in development or doesn't have finalized visuals?

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Getting back on topic though... Why do any of you suppose the background in this new stage Garden of Hope is blurred out unlike all the other stages that have crisp detailed backgrounds? Seriously guys look at all the pictures of Olimar on this stage. Unless that's photoshop at work blurring out the background for Sakurai to troll us then its obviously something to talk about. Maybe it is because the stage is still in development or doesn't have finalized visuals?

Fatmanonice said it

I'm pretty sure the background is a little blurry to add to the illusion that you're very, very small on this stage. Distant Planet did the same thing in Brawl.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
While Smash 4's art style is leaning towards primary colours, the Pikmin 3 stage honestly looks more realistic than Distant Planet. :laugh:

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Any graphics programmer can answer that question with this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draw_distance

If you were able to see clearly what is going on in the background can cause a slower frame rate. Too much stuff happening on a game where each frame matters is too risky.
Counterpoint: Then why is the Battlefield background so vastly detailed with crisp and clean visuals of ancient ruins, islands floating in the air, and a Sun and Moon cycle?
What could possibly make Garden of Hope more complex than Battlefield? Right now I can tell that a battle on the stage Battlefield would have the same framerate as a battle on Garden of Hope. The only difference between the two stages (besides the obvious) is the background details.

And lastly, I'm sorry but I think you really don't know what your talking about. I am majoring in Graphic Design and Game Art at Lawrence Tech University. A background has it's own individual layer in a video game and is therefore not effected by frame rate unless it is linked with object that moves into the background. Such as racing and adventure games like the wikipedia article mentions. But for fighting games this topic is totally different because the background IS NOT linked to any object or character. It is totally independent. Lastly Smash bros is for the most part a 2D fighting game. It could be 2.5D (look that term up it exists) but it is not a 3D fighting game at all whatsoever.

Example: Kid Icarus Uprising is a 3D fighting game because the combat can literally come from all sides. And the camera is controlled by you so the camera is locked to the background as well as the fighting too.

In Smash Bros combat only comes from 4 sides, up, down, left, and right. 3D effects are only put into place when you PAUSE the screen and rotate the camera. When you pause the screen it locks the fighting stance with the background of the stage and you can see the entire model and scenery of the background these are the effects of the camera, the camera in all Smash games locks the background with the models so that you can get a 3D view. But when you resume the background unlocks itself and becomes centered in it's own individual layer again and the game becomes 2D again.

It is very simple programming to code the camera of a game to lock and unlock the background with the models. In racing games and adventure where the background constantly changes because your constantly moving then the camera will be locked with the background and the models. This is called a 3D camera. Games that utilize a 3D camera aren't usually able to do screenshots. Can you do screenshots in Legend of Zelda or Metroid while playing the game? Not without a capture card you can't. Which explains why raw capture card video is so damn huge in data size.

In fighting games this is vastly different with the exception of Kid Icarus Uprising I have never really played a 3D fighting game. Street Fighter, Smash bros, Mortal Combat, and many more have a 2D camera where like I said before is much easier to program as attacks only come from 4 sides the background has its own individual layer. When you pause the game it switches to a 3D camera and locks the background with the models.

So this still doesn't answer my question as to why the background is so blurry in Garden of Hope. Of course Sakurai did mention at E3 that a lot of the visuals are not finalized so that is a good explaination. And Fatmanonice is right In Brawl's Distant Planet the background is kind of blurry.

Still I hope I taught you a lesson. And notice I did not mention Top-down fighting games like Warcraft and League of Legends. Well I could go into detail about how that works but honestly I haven't learned that kind of game engine yet, I'm only a sophmore after all.

EDIT: Remember when you create a custom stage in SSBB and you pause the game and rotate the camera. You will notice a black space if you rotate the camera a certain way. This is because the backgrounds available in SSBB custom stages don't have very good rendering like the normal stages. And when you do pause the game it locks the models with the background so when you see the black space when you rotate the camera to see Kirby's cute face. Smash bros has two types of cameras the 2D camera is for fighting. The 3D camera is the one for taking pictures.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Counterpoint: Then why is the Battlefield background so vastly detailed with crisp and clean visuals of ancient ruins, islands floating in the air, and a Sun and Moon cycle?
What could possibly make Garden of Hope more complex than Battlefield? Right now I can tell that a battle on the stage Battlefield would have the same framerate as a battle on Garden of Hope. The only difference between the two stages (besides the obvious) is the background details.

You still really can't see that far off into the distance. What you are seeing in the Pikmin stage is a background of a background....its just filler. There is a chance that the second background in the back moves.

And lastly, I'm sorry but I think you really don't know what your talking about. I am majoring in Graphic Design and Game Art at Lawrence Tech University. A background has it's own individual layer in a video game and is therefore not effected by frame rate unless it is linked with object that moves into the background. Such as racing and adventure games like the wikipedia article mentions. But for fighting games this topic is totally different because the background IS NOT linked to any object or character. It is totally independent. Lastly Smash bros is for the most part a 2D fighting game. It could be 2.5D (look that term up it exists) but it is not a 3D fighting game at all whatsoever.
I am majoring in Game and Simulation Programming (senior), currently taking Computer Graphics w/ Programming (using DirectX). I know definitely what I'm talking about. You are 100% wrong when you state that video games are not affected by frame rates in a 2.5D environment. Street Fighter 4 is a perfect example of this. I dare you to research why the "Training Stage" is the only stage played at competitive tournaments. Want to know the reason? Oh...that's right...there is lag on other stages. The FPS does not stay at a static 60 FPS. The background is not static, things happen. Animations in the background can cause lag.

P.S. : *complains about people being elitist then brags about his major when it has nothing to do with programming*

In Smash Bros combat only comes from 4 sides, up, down, left, and right. 3D effects are only put into place when you PAUSE the screen and rotate the camera. When you pause the screen it locks the fighting stance with the background of the stage and you can see the entire model and scenery of the background these are the effects of the camera, the camera in all Smash games locks the background with the models so that you can get a 3D view. But when you resume the background unlocks itself and becomes centered in it's own individual layer again and the game becomes 2D again.
3D effects are only put into play when you PAUSE the screen? What? Lol???????

Sorry, but the game uses a 3D plane at all times. There are X, Y, and Z coordinates. Only the characters move on a 2 Dimensional plane, but there is still depth. How the heck do you explain the depth in the background? I'll let you research this more on your own, too lazy to explain...

It is very simple programming to code the camera of a game to lock and unlock the background with the models. In racing games and adventure where the background constantly changes because your constantly moving then the camera will be locked with the background and the models. This is called a 3D camera. Games that utilize a 3D camera aren't usually able to do screenshots. Can you do screenshots in Legend of Zelda or Metroid while playing the game? Not without a capture card you can't. Which explains why raw capture card video is so damn huge in data size.
Yep simple programming...

The camera is dynamic dude. Its not static. The camera does not stay in one place. If the fight is happening more on the left side...oh hey guess what, the screen leans more to the left. It takes the average of each player's position and centers the screen based around that average. Good thing the camera isn't always changing...nope...

You can easily take a screenshot of LoZ or Metroid, they just never implemented an option. Oh, but guess what? The Wii U has a function that can take screen shots in any game and post them on MiiVerse. Why is that? Guess you can take screenshots in Zelda and Metroid now!

So this still doesn't answer my question as to why the background is so blurry in Garden of Hope. Of course Sakurai did mention at E3 that a lot of the visuals are not finalized so that is a good explaination. And Fatmanonice is right In Brawl's Distant Planet the background is kind of blurry.
Yes, Fatmanonice's explanation could be right, due to the style of the game, not just cause of Brawl, rather Pikmin in general.

P.S.: Straight from that article:
A common trick used in games to disguise a short draw distance is to obscure the area with a distance fog. Alternative methods have been developed to sidestep the problem altogether using level of detail manipulation. Black & White was one of the earlier games to use adaptive level of detail to decrease the number of polygons in objects as they moved away from the camera, allowing it to have a massive draw distance while maintaining detail in close-up views.

AFK getting a haircut.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
While Smash 4's art style is leaning towards primary colours, the Pikmin 3 stage honestly looks more realistic than Distant Planet. :laugh:

To be fair, the stages have always pretty much been in all sorts of art styles in the past. Realistic looking stages like the Bridge of Eldin and the Pikmin 3 stage to Cell Shaded/colourful stages such as Pokefloats and the Pirate Ship stage. I think Sakurai was more referring to the characters themselves rather than the stages.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
You still really can't see that far off into the distance. What you are seeing in the Pikmin stage is a background of a background....its just filler. There is a chance that the second background in the back moves.

I am majoring in Game and Simulation Programming (senior), currently taking Computer Graphics w/ Programming (using DirectX). I know definitely what I'm talking about. You are 100% wrong when you state that video games are not affected by frame rates in a 2.5D environment. Street Fighter 4 is a perfect example of this. I dare you to research why the "Training Stage" is the only stage played at competitive tournaments. Want to know the reason? Oh...that's right...there is lag on other stages. The FPS does not stay at a static 60 FPS. The background is not static, things happen. Animations in the background can cause lag.

P.S. : *complains about people being elitist then brags about his major when it has nothing to do with programming*

3D effects are only put into play when you PAUSE the screen? What? Lol???????

Sorry, but the game uses a 3D plane at all times. There are X, Y, and Z coordinates. Only the characters move on a 2 Dimensional plane, but there is still depth. How the heck do you explain the depth in the background? I'll let you research this more on your own, too lazy to explain...

Yep simple programming...

The camera is dynamic dude. Its not static. The camera does not stay in one place. If the fight is happening more on the left side...oh hey guess what, the screen leans more to the left. It takes the average of each player's position and centers the screen based around that average. Good thing the camera isn't always changing...nope...

You can easily take a screenshot of LoZ or Metroid, they just never implemented an option. Oh, but guess what? The Wii U has a function that can take screen shots in any game and post them on MiiVerse. Why is that? Guess you can take screenshots in Zelda and Metroid now!

Yes, Fatmanonice's explanation could be right, due to the style of the game, not just cause of Brawl, rather Pikmin in general.

P.S.: Straight from that article:
A common trick used in games to disguise a short draw distance is to obscure the area with a distance fog. Alternative methods have been developed to sidestep the problem altogether using level of detail manipulation. Black & White was one of the earlier games to use adaptive level of detail to decrease the number of polygons in objects as they moved away from the camera, allowing it to have a massive draw distance while maintaining detail in close-up views.

AFK getting a haircut.

Alright fine you have proven me wrong. I should not have boasted my position at college at you. You clearly do know what your talking about and you do sound like you know a lot more than me.
I know when I'm wrong. I apologize.
I believed I knew what I was talking about clearly I don't I'm sorry. I will be mature about this and accept that I need to learn more about this topic.
Thank you for correcting me I clearly need to learn more about said Game Development as you are right I am in Game Art. Game Development is not my major. Honestly I probably should have known better than to go into detail about something like this when I have only worked on games using Flash, and GameMaker. So I would really know nothing of the more complex dynamics or engines your right. I haven't even learned C++ as it isn't part of my major. I can only assume what I know from the knowledge I have gathered. My knowledge is clearly limited on this topic sorry if I offended you or ruined my reputation. I am only a sophmore I did not know you were a senior. I am happy to know that I can learn from some people on this website when I might believe I have a credible argument to back-up my points. I obviously did not so I'm sorry for the confusion. Still friends? And I am happy for you that you are nearing your completion of college. I know that is a big step for us as humans as we venture out into the career world.

BTW I just simply don't like NickRiddle... At all... Whatsoever. I just really don't like him. I don't hate him as hate is a strong word. I just don't like him. I don't understand his ethics and morals and honestly I'm sorry I expressed my strong dislike for him on this thread. I should have set him to ignore a long time ago.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
This is exactly the kinda stage I've been wanting. No platforms suspended magically in the air, everything is connected to the background.
Eh it's too soon to say, we've still seen very little of the stage. Although randomly floating platforms would be very out of place in a Pikmin level so you're probably right.

JayTheBrainMann

Smash Cadet
The Homestar Runner website has a ton of their own games on it, and they even have a game for the Wii out from Telltale Games (actually, it's five episodic games, but you get the point).

So... considering I know basically nada about Pikmin, what is that thing that's pictured?

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Alright fine you have proven me wrong. I should not have boasted my position at college at you. You clearly do know what your talking about and you do sound like you know a lot more than me.
I know when I'm wrong. I apologize.
I believed I knew what I was talking about clearly I don't I'm sorry. I will be mature about this and accept that I need to learn more about this topic.
Thank you for correcting me I clearly need to learn more about said Game Development as you are right I am in Game Art. Game Development is not my major. Honestly I probably should have known better than to go into detail about something like this when I have only worked on games using Flash, and GameMaker. So I would really know nothing of the more complex dynamics or engines your right. I haven't even learned C++ as it isn't part of my major. I can only assume what I know from the knowledge I have gathered. My knowledge is clearly limited on this topic sorry if I offended you or ruined my reputation. I am only a sophmore I did not know you were a senior. I am happy to know that I can learn from some people on this website when I might believe I have a credible argument to back-up my points. I obviously did not so I'm sorry for the confusion. Still friends? And I am happy for you that you are nearing your completion of college. I know that is a big step for us as humans as we venture out into the career world.

BTW I just simply don't like NickRiddle... At all... Whatsoever. I just really don't like him. I don't hate him as hate is a strong word. I just don't like him. I don't understand his ethics and morals and honestly I'm sorry I expressed my strong dislike for him on this thread. I should have set him to ignore a long time ago.

Don't need to apologize. You make me feel like a ****, lol.

That's mature of you though to accept your wrongs and capitalize on them. You don't really see that nowadays. Its quite rare actually.

My first year I worked with GameMaker and played a little with flash in the past. They aren't really that great, but they are good to get your first step on a giant ladder. In your spare time, try download UDK (Unreal Development Kit) and play around with that. I'm also sure you can get your hands on both Maya and 3DS Max, if you haven't already by your school. Companies will hire you based on what you have done outside of school. Since you're a sophmore, try doing some small projects that are within your scale of learning that can challenge you.

By the way, Nick isn't a bad guy, he just has authority over the forums so he might seem like a **** at times. I think I played him at two tournaments and lost twice to him and he isn't a snotty elitist as you say. His persona on the internet might come off as a bully, but I think he's a good guy out of the internet. =P

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm pretty sure the background is a little blurry to add to the illusion that you're very, very small on this stage. Distant Planet did the same thing in Brawl.
It did?
lol I've never played Pikmin, only thing I know is Olimar had to be scaled up cause he is tiny in his games, but I never thought of Distant Planet as a tiny stage.

Well come to think of it yeah, the huge flowers, the rain, I think there was some sort of can in the background too? etc. But I never thought of it as a "look, we're tiny" stage, don't know why. Even that one flat green stage gave me that feeling more than DP.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Don't need to apologize. You make me feel like a ****, lol.

That's mature of you though to accept your wrongs and capitalize on them. You don't really see that nowadays. Its quite rare actually.

My first year I worked with GameMaker and played a little with flash in the past. They aren't really that great, but they are good to get your first step on a giant ladder. In your spare time, try download UDK (Unreal Development Kit) and play around with that. I'm also sure you can get your hands on both Maya and 3DS Max, if you haven't already by your school. Companies will hire you based on what you have done outside of school. Since you're a sophmore, try doing some small projects that are within your scale of learning that can challenge you.

By the way, Nick isn't a bad guy, he just has authority over the forums so he might seem like a **** at times. I think I played him at two tournaments and lost twice to him and he isn't a snotty elitist as you say. His persona on the internet might come off as a bully, but I think he's a good guy out of the internet. =P
LOL it's funny you mention Maya. Just last spring semester I went into 3D Animation 1 and learned the basics and advanced techniques for Maya. Next semester I'm going into 3D Animation 2 and 2D animation so I will further my knowledge in Flash and Maya. I haven't learned any of 3DSMax though and I'm kind of surprised at my college for not teaching me that and instead just focusing on Maya.
Is downloading UDK free? BAH! Forget it! I'll just torrent the darn program.
I work on both high detail drawings of monsters and other mythological beasts that can be used in games. I'm a master at drawing Ridley. I have had much practice drawings the human form in my Life Drawing class this summer and my drawings skills have increased greatly as a result. I am currently starting to draft ideas to make my own website believe it or not. I know my way around Dreamweaver pretty well. And lastly I mess around with Maya a lot in my spare time. Needless to say as you probably already know Maya likes to crash... ALOT... Take note everyone you cannot tame the imbalanced complex model editing and making monster that is Autodesk Maya. If you let your guard down on that program for one second it will crash on you and you will lose all your work if you haven't saved.

And yes I do play a good guilt trip don't I LOL! I didn't mean to make you feel like a **** man I was only apologizing. It flatters me that you tell me I'm a rare breed when it comes to accepting my faults. Then again it is disappointing that most people can't do the same. Thanks for accepting my apology

Lastly I have only been a part of this forum for 4 weeks. Who knows? Maybe in the future I might grow to like Nick Riddle again. But until that time comes when I can agree with him on certain things then I will still not like him at all. Why someone would act differently on a forum than they would in real life is beyond me. That really makes no sense whatsoever. You act the same as you would everywhere whether you are on a website or in the real world. You don't change your personality because your a user on a forum. Maybe that's why I really don't like Nick Riddle.

I also don't agree with him on a very big point. He says you have to earn respect. You can't just give respect to every random person. Well I'll give him credit he's half right. Respect is given the moment you meet someone, respect is only taken away when you view that person as not respectable. Take this scenario for example
You see an old man walking slowly pushing his grocery cart. You respect his disability and follow behind him without boasting out at him. You can show him respect by asking if he needs help and offering him your assistance too. The old man has done nothing to destroy the respect you have for him and you gave him respect by being a nice person and asking if you can help him. It's called don't judge a book by its cover or benefit of the doubt. In my opinion respect is not earned. Respect is a give and take. You give a person respect when you meet them and it is only taken away when you don't find them respectable to you. For if you don't respect everyone that is respectable how can you expect for others to respect you?

So there are a few reason why I don't like Nick Riddle. You really should get to know everybody you meet. Whether it be on forums or in the real world there is no real difference at all. Another thing I disagree with him on. Just because we are limited to communicating about the norm that this site for Smash bros. doesn't mean we can't learn more and respect one another on a level that doesn't involve "THE GAME".

I will always act the same way I do on this forum as I would in real life there is no changing that no matter how long I am a part of this forum. Thanks again!

BTW I hope we actually get a different picture besides Olimar again. Olimar is starting to become a big shot now. He should know his place he is way behind the importance of Luigi!

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
LOL it's funny you mention Maya. Just last spring semester I went into 3D Animation 1 and learned the basics and advanced techniques for Maya. Next semester I'm going into 3D Animation 2 and 2D animation so I will further my knowledge in Flash and Maya. I haven't learned any of 3DSMax though and I'm kind of surprised at my college for not teaching me that and instead just focusing on Maya.
Is downloading UDK free? BAH! Forget it! I'll just torrent the darn program.
I work on both high detail drawings of monsters and other mythological beasts that can be used in games. I'm a master at drawing Ridley. I have had much practice drawings the human form in my Life Drawing class this summer and my drawings skills have increased greatly as a result. I am currently starting to draft ideas to make my own website believe it or not. I know my way around Dreamweaver pretty well. And lastly I mess around with Maya a lot in my spare time. Needless to say as you probably already know Maya likes to crash... ALOT... Take note everyone you cannot tame the imbalanced complex model editing and making monster that is Autodesk Maya. If you let your guard down on that program for one second it will crash on you and you will lose all your work if you haven't saved.

And yes I do play a good guilt trip don't I LOL! I didn't mean to make you feel like a **** man I was only apologizing. It flatters me that you tell me I'm a rare breed when it comes to accepting my faults. Then again it is disappointing that most people can't do the same. Thanks for accepting my apology

Lastly I have only been a part of this forum for 4 weeks. Who knows? Maybe in the future I might grow to like Nick Riddle again. But until that time comes when I can agree with him on certain things then I will still not like him at all. Why someone would act differently on a forum than they would in real life is beyond me. That really makes no sense whatsoever. You act the same as you so everywhere whether you are on a website or in the real world. You don't change your personality because your a user on a forum. Maybe that's why I really don't like Nick Riddle.

I also don't agree with him on a very big point. He says you have to earn respect. You can't just give respect to every random person. Well I'll give him credit he's half right. Respect is given the moment you meet someone, respect is only taken away when you view that person as not respectable. Take this scenario for example
You see an old man walking slowly pushing his grocery cart. You respect his disability and follow behind him without boasting out at him. You can show him respect by asking if he needs help and offering him your assistance too. The old man has done nothing to destroy the respect you have for him and you gave him respect by being a nice person and asking if you can help him. It's called don't judge a book by its cover or benefit of the doubt. In my opinion respect is not earned. Respect is a give and take. You give a person respect when you meet them and it is only taken away when you don't find them respectable to you. For if you don't respect everyone that is respectable how can you expect for others to respect you?

So there are a few reason why I don't like Nick Riddle. You really should get to know everybody you meet. Whether it be on forums or in the real world there is no real difference at all. Another thing I disagree with him on. Just because we are limited to communicating about the norm that this site for Smash bros. doesn't mean we can't learn more and respect one another on a level that doesn't involve "THE GAME".

I will always act the same way I do on this forum as I would in real life there is no changing that no matter how long I am a part of this forum. Thanks again!

BTW I hope we actually get a different picture besides Olimar again. Olimar is starting to become a big shot now. He should know his place he is way behind the importance of Luigi!

You probably won't be getting to learn 3DSMax then, which isn't a bad thing. Its similar to schools teaching only one language of programming and not all. Once you learn a program once, its just getting used to the new user interface and tools kind of like how programming is getting used to the new syntax. UDK is free and you can download it on the site. You just can not publish games without paying a licensing fee from using their product (which is quite reasonable). Both 3DSMax and Maya crash a crap ton. Saving often is your best friend. =P

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Again, at TheWhiteBowser and others, take personal disputes, dramas, conversations, to PMs. Pretend the P in PM stands for personal if you have to.

I wonder if we'll have a similar stage hazard to the one in brawl, where we had that giant Bulborb. I'd like to see some new content on the stage, like perhaps Fiery Blowhogs or something :p

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Again, at TheWhiteBowser and others, take personal disputes, dramas, conversations, to PMs. Pretend the P in PM stands for personal if you have to.

I wonder if we'll have a similar stage hazard to the one in brawl, where we had that giant Bulborb. I'd like to see some new content on the stage, like perhaps Fiery Blowhogs or something :p
I want a giant battery to fall from the sky.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Wii Fit Trainer being able to hit behind her with that move is interesting. I think we've seen that her forward smash has a similar property; I wonder if hitting in odd places with her goofy animations is going to be her gimmick.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
First post updated! Sorry that I haven't really been posting much. I'm rather busy with real life stuff, but I'll still continue updating the first post errday!

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Two things: 1) WFT appears to be able to cut through Link's F Air
2) That stage doesn't have any platforms, maybe it isn't a test stage, maybe it is Final Destination!

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hey, it looks like her attack does electrical damage. I may be wrong though. Oh yeah, what's the caption for the picture? Anyone know?

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
2) That stage doesn't have any platforms, maybe it isn't a test stage, maybe it is Final Destination!
Words cannot describe how incredibly lazy it would be if in the final version of the game final destination is just battlefield without platforms :p

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I thought that too at first. But his "cut" looks more like a planet or moon in the background. I could be wrong tho.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Lol she seems so broken from just the pictures. She s so far the fastest character we seen. Fast recovery after attacks. Her attacks also cover both in front and behind her (huge hit boxes!). Oh and a projectile. Top tier, I call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom