• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Three Pikmin would be a terrible design choice. Olimar is a character who, despite being useless himself, leads an entire species of creatures with no survival skills whatsoever against the other, much larger and more dangerous predators through strategy and/or sheer force of numbers, thus creating a relationship where neither can survive without the other (As well as implying that they kept some of their survival skills after Olimar left) What's left of Olimar if they give him three Pikmin? A guy who throws plants at people? Three pikmin would ruin the concept of rewarding you for keeping out as many as possible, because it's hardly a major accomplishment when "as many as possible" is three. Even Brawl's interpretation of him wasn't the greatest, but it at least had some elements of this - his up-B has longer reach the more Pikmin you have, you canm throw more pikmin on the enemy, thus delaing more damage, and it allows you to string attacks together faster. Reducing Olimar's pikmin count to three would mean either of two things. Either Olimar would be nerfed exponentially and be useless compared to his Brawl incarnation, or they would scrap this concept entirely in favour of giving him standard moves involving different Pikmin, which would be just as bad. I don't want Olimar having a standard moveset like the rest of the cast with no unique elements. This is why I'm so against him using the flying Pikmin as a recovery, because then it would just be a recovery. That's not a moveset revolving around Olimar leading the Pikmin and overpowering the enemy, it's just a throwaway moveset with no real significance. I'm not even expecting a tremendous improvement from his character in this respect - His Brawl incarnation was obviously how the Smash team envisioned Olimar in the game, and I acknowledge that a moveset revolving around this cocept would be incredibly difficult to make work properly without making the character either overpowered or useless - but his Brawl incarnation, despite maybe not being the perfect incarnation in my eyes, at least had elements of this, and felt like a decent representation of Olimar. The things people expect/want to happen would feel like such a step back for me.

I'M SORRY GUYS I DIDN'T MEAN TO WRITE A GIANT OFF-TOPIC TEXTWALL PLEASE FORGIVE ME

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/

Xigger

Smash Lord
By the way, has anyone been saving the actual DAILY image? Without the WiiU/3DS logo in the top left corner?

I've moved this thread to the Super Smash Bros. U General Discussion forum. If you want to cover 3DS screenshots as well, make a new thread in the Super Smash Bros. 3D General Discussion forum.

Basically, this thread would be for the Wii U screenshots only.
Hey Mod. Why isn't there a Super Smash Bros. GENERAL board? Not everything is split into character/WiiU/3DS.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
By the way, has anyone been saving the actual DAILY image? Without the WiiU/3DS logo in the top left corner?

If I recall correctly, every image has the system's logo on the corner, even on Miiverse. So, unless you use an image editor, there are no images without the logos.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Darn, I was about to reply with "So you don't care about your own opinion either?"
I was just wanted to reinforce the fact that it's the background and I don't know what he was facepalming about. :roll:

I hope we get something non-Pikmin related tomorrow.

EDIT: I just realized you're talking about my signature.
I am quite silly, but I'm not rude, sir. D:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Probably a false alarm, but there's a box on the front page that says
WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!
I clicked it and it links back to Olimar's page, has it been there since his debut?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I was just wanted to reinforce the fact that it's the background and I don't know what he was facepalming about. :roll:

I hope we get something non-Pikmin related tomorrow.

EDIT: I just realized you're talking about my signature.
I am quite silly, but I'm not rude, sir. D:
I actually just realized that was your signature, not part of your post.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As much as I dislike Other M as a game Samus just keeps on looking better and better everytime I see a new picture of her. Though I'm not quite sure what's up with her leg in that picture, it looks kind of broken..

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
Probably a false alarm, but there's a box on the front page that says
WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!
I clicked it and it links back to Olimar's page, has it been there since his debut?
I know! This got me so excited.....I will no doubt be tricked by it again tomorrow.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Hey I was going to say that! Or something close to that... Gosh how early do I have to get up in the morning to get the first shot at mocking these pictures? LOL
This is genius man I love the caption you gave it. Nice job.
Well, I live in Europe so I often get up likely earlier, then people who live in the US. But thanks bro. :)

JayTheBrainMann

Smash Cadet
I just hope Sakurai posts a pic of the Pikmin from the 3DS version soon so we can all stop debating over the Pikmin limit. continue debating the Pikmin limit even after the game comes out.

Maybe he can post a pic of Wii Fit Trainer from the 3DS version, too.

Zelbertoad

Smash Cadet
The attack samus does sort of looks like the spinning knuckle move Cammy does in Super Street Fighter II.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
This pic reminds me of that scene in Brawl where Captain Falcon punches R.O.B. in the face and slides through all of the Pikmin, striking a pose as all the Pikmin spirits hover away.

Xigger

Smash Lord
If I recall correctly, every image has the system's logo on the corner, even on Miiverse. So, unless you use an image editor, there are no images without the logos.
No, the image at http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg doesn't have it, it simply has the border around it. You see some people use it, that's how the first post lazily updates the picture daily and displays without the logo.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
No, the image at http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg doesn't have it, it simply has the border around it. You see some people use it, that's how the first post lazily updates the picture daily and displays without the logo.
Did you just call the OP lazy? Lets see you get up early in the morning to upload pictures for others to see, that benefits you in no way, shape, or form. Thenwe can see who is lazy...

Xigger

Smash Lord
Did you just call the OP lazy? Lets see you get up early in the morning to upload pictures for others to see, that benefits you in no way, shape, or form. Thenwe can see who is lazy...

Ok, I'll give you that, it isn't lazy. It's smart. My apologies.
I'm just trying to scavenge threads and webpages for the original images that can only be saved once a day!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Lol, love these pictures, but I am confused. What is an OP? *hopes I don't get yelled at*

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Two things I noticed that are important for discussion this time and are not related to internet memes.... Hard to believe right?

From this picture we can infer the garden of hope stage will have slanted platform(s) somewhere to fight on. Like Distant planet did. I only wonder if they will still include the rain hazard or if they will make that removable or not.

I am guessing this is a jab combo. The punch is the first jab and the second jab is the arm cannon slap but not sure. I am surprised though that a single jab could kill all three of the pikmin. If this is a jab that is.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
The slanted platform is a bridge from one of the first level of Pikmin 3. So that means there might be water. I wonder if we can still swim like in Brawl. (Hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom