• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey, it looks like her attack does electrical damage. I may be wrong though. Oh yeah, what's the caption for the picture? Anyone know?
You'd think they'd give her fire attacks, so her opponents could literally feel the burn.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Two things: 1) WFT appears to be able to cut through Link's F Air
2) That stage doesn't have any platforms, maybe it isn't a test stage, maybe it is Final Destination!
Pretty sure this is the new FD. It looks very similar to BF, just without the platforms and different stuff in the background. They've shown it too much for it to not be included in the game.
And tbh, I really like it. It doesn't seem as big as the previous ones, and if the edges aren't as annoying as they were in Brawl, FD will be back as one of the most awesome stages to play on!

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Is it me or the most recent pictures seem to be graphically superior?

As for the platforms,compare it to another picture,the colosseum thingy is in the right part of the stage but here it's closer to the middle.It's more likely they're fighting in the top-right corner.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Why isn't anyone questioning the way she's standing in the air?

Also maybe the hitbox in the back could be a small one, or have low knockback. The forward hit seems to have launched Samus way far than Link, unless Samus had high % and Link low, he only looks stunned like from a jab hit, Samus doesn't.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Why isn't anyone questioning the way she's standing in the air?

Also maybe the hitbox in the back could be a small one, or have low knockback. The forward hit seems to have launched Samus way far than Link, unless Samus had high % and Link low, he only looks stunned like from a jab hit, Samus doesn't.

Its the way she jumps. She jumps straight up and does a flip before landing. Check the videos out again, its really strange.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
2) That stage doesn't have any platforms, maybe it isn't a test stage, maybe it is Final Destination!
It's the exact same background as battlefield, and I highly doubt they'd recycle a stage background especially nowadays (they've never done that in the past)

It's probably just taken above the platforms on battlefield

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
It's the exact same background as battlefield, and I highly doubt they'd recycle a stage background especially nowadays (they've never done that in the past)

It's probably just taken above the platforms on battlefield

Actually....if you look right below Samus there seems to be smoke. Maybe the platforms disappear at times? I believe Link is standing on the other platform though.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Actually....if you look right below Samus there seems to be smoke. Maybe the platforms disappear at times? I believe Link is standing on the other platform though.
I think that's hit trail smoke. I doubt there would be such a mechanic on Battlefield.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I think that's hit trail smoke. I doubt there would be such a mechanic on Battlefield.

Agreed, and it does seem a tad awkward. Also that trail doesn't seem to be really...trailing from anyone. I'm not too sure what to make out of that.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Agreed, and it does seem a tad awkward. Also that trail doesn't seem to be really...trailing from anyone. I'm not too sure what to make out of that.
Looks like it's coming out of Samus to me :p
Unless you're talking about the smoke further below her? That's just stage background.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Looks like it's coming out of Samus to me :p
Unless you're talking about the smoke further below her? That's just stage background.

Yea was talking about the smoke below Samus =P.

I was assuming that was a possible destruction of a platform. Does Battleground have a dark cloudy background that low? It seems to be coming from the front of the image instead of being a background smoke. There really isn't much depth.

Heck it can even be some smoke trailing from Samus after she jumps in the air, and then gets hit...I don't know...really hard to tell.

Yea was talking about the smoke below Samus =P.

I was assuming that was a possible destruction of a platform. Does Battleground have a dark cloudy background that low? It seems to be coming from the front of the image instead of being a background smoke. There really isn't much depth.

Heck it can even be some smoke trailing from Samus after she jumps in the air, and then gets hit...I don't know...really hard to tell.

The smoke is just an after effect when a character is sent flying, it's been like that for all the smash games, except in this one it varies. A hard hit=smoke, a very hard hit=fire.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
The smoke is just an after effect when a character is sent flying, it's been like that for all the smash games, except in this one it varies. A hard hit=smoke, a very hard hit=fire.

>.<

Not the smoke coming from Samus. Wayyyyyyy below her.....at the verrrrry bottom of the image. It's not connected to a character by any means.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah. This game has a lot more effects involved in it. Just watch that Mario v. Megaman video.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
The part in the right hand corner doesn't really look behind the flags to me....that light white smoke behind that flag does, however.

Never mind, I watched the the video with Mario and Megaman fighting. There are actually different depths of clouds...which was why I was so confused. If you watch the video you can see that some clouds are actually closer to the Battlefield stage than others.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Tyvm!

Hey, it looks like her attack does electrical damage. I may be wrong though. Oh yeah, what's the caption for the picture? Anyone know?
Yeah that's what I thought at first too. I wouldn't put it past them aha.

It's
"Beware the double attack!" or something like that.
Oh god. An f-air(?) that hits on both sides. This:

Lol she seems so broken from just the pictures. She s so far the fastest character we seen. Fast recovery after attacks. Her attacks also cover both in front and behind her (huge hit boxes!). Oh and a projectile. Top tier, I call it.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Picture updating in a few minutes.(Bored so I didn't sleep at all,10 AM here,the picture is the only thing I'm thinking of.)

EDIT:Guys,it's probably just her N-air,it hits on both sides like 80% of N-air's.

SmashCentralOfficial

Picture updating in a few minutes.(Bored so I didn't sleep at all,10 AM here,the picture is the only thing I'm thinking of.)
Word.

I just saw this page of the thread (idk why I didn't before), and I can't believe how deep people are looking into yesterday's picture. The smoke? Really?

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Word.

I just saw this page of the thread (idk why I didn't before), and I can't believe how deep people are looking into yesterday's picture. The smoke? Really?
I think it's mostly because those effects are next to a new character,people want to know more about that character,it's the solar attack once again.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
A lot of Wii Fit Trainer's moves hit on both sides. D-Smash, most tilts/aerials, and less commonly found F-smash.

I do think it's not her F-air, though. I recall seeing she had a forward-kick-pose thingy in the Developer Direct video.

SmashCentralOfficial

Another picture of just 3 Pikmin.

I don't know, I'm really starting to believe Olimar is only going to have 3 this time around.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It's not like there's room in that picture for a fourth pikmin... Really, this picture doesn't tell us anything new; it is kinda funny though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
There's a saying I'd like to point out here: "One's man trash can be another's treasure".

>Accurately describes Mega Man's current situation

>"Treasure found"

Well played, Sakurai.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
That...picture...is...ADORABLE!
I know it's supposed to be that Megaman is a treasure that they're picking him up, but it looks like the purple and red pikmin are taking care of an injured Megaman while the white one calls for help. D'AAAWWWW

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I have to say my mind went to a much more... inappropriate place.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Awesome. It's actually pretty strange how the Pikmin fit perfectly into the scene at hand without any overlapping of character models. Also, is this the first time we've seen Purple Pikmin for this game? If not, then Purple Pikmin are pretty much confirmed for use by Olimar now, so that's cool. At first, I didn't think that Olimar would only use three Pikmin, but now it's becoming a little more apparent to me. However, the finished product may very well have Olimar using more than that seeing as thought the game is still being developed and the 3DS version is being worked on.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea it definatly looking confirmed that olimar is going to get nerfed to 3 pikmin
Athough at the same time confirming purple this is the first picture with the purple one

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Purple was shown when Olimar was announced.
http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/pikmin.html#
5th picture on the slide-show.

Also, can people stop saying it's confirmed that Olimar will only have 3 Pikmin? They keep showing the same number so they don't reveal more about the character than they want to.

They haven't shown Pikmin latching on to anybody either. Olimar's side-b is confirmed to be a different move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom