• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Two persons with a hat-wearing yellow electric rat as their avatar commenting consecutively? This is no coincidence... Pikachu will appear on tomorrow's picture.

Maybe I should change my avatar to Raichu...

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Okay, I did. But I bet you can't find my hidden sombrero Raichu! *evil laugh* :yeahboi:

But seriously guys I just realized that, if Brawl's Pikachu is Melee's Pichu... Raichu confirmed?
No no no. The Pichu from Brawl will be the Pikachu of SSB4. The Pikachu of Brawl will be cut just like Melee's was. Since Pichu wasn't in Brawl, Pikachu, deconfirmed!

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
No no no. The Pichu from Brawl will be the Pikachu of SSB4. The Pikachu of Brawl will be cut just like Melee's was. Since Pichu wasn't in Brawl, Pikachu, deconfirmed!

That actually makes a lot of sense, maybe Pokémon trainer will only have Wartortle and Venasaur this time. Charizard disconfirmed, obviously.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Lol, love these pictures, but I am confused. What is an OP? *hopes I don't get yelled at*
OP stands for Over Powered. It refers to whoever is currently winning at a thread, and be not confused; for any given thread, there is always a winner. You can tell who they are as they same to be some of the few people who think that convincing everyone that they are right is the most important thing in the world, thus they are generally the one who is cussing the most and insulting other people's mothers... either that or complimenting said people's mothers because they slept with said mothers last night.

Oric Windstar

Smash Rookie
With the surprise release of Earthbound today, I really hope we get a Ness/Lucas character reveal. Probably being optimistic, though.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
With the surprise release of Earthbound today, I really hope we get a Ness/Lucas character reveal. Probably being optimistic, though.
Don't worry, we will. He will reveal them tomorrow. Jk, but I would expect him to. It would make sense to reveal them (unless there are no earthbound characters *gasp*)

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Revealing a character just ONE week after Olimar seems unlikely, Sakurai wouldn't spoil us that much, right?

*Remembers Brawl Dojo* oh wait, nevermind.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
OP stands for Over Powered. It refers to whoever is currently winning at a thread, and be not confused; for any given thread, there is always a winner. You can tell who they are as they same to be some of the few people who think that convincing everyone that they are right is the most important thing in the world, thus they are generally the one who is cussing the most and insulting other people's mothers... either that or complimenting said people's mothers because they slept with said mothers last night.

I'm sorry but your reply... I couldn't pass up the opportunity...

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Wouldn't it be cool if Pikachu was replaced by Raichu? It would be like Pichu from melee evolved into Pikachu in Brawl, and Pikachu in Brawl evolved into Raichu for Smash bros. 3DS. I know Pikachu was in Melee too, but DON'T CRUSH MY DREAMS!

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Wouldn't it be cool if Pikachu was replaced by Raichu? It would be like Pichu from melee evolved into Pikachu in Brawl, and Pikachu in Brawl evolved into Raichu for Smash bros. 3DS. I know Pikachu was in Melee too, but DON'T CRUSH MY DREAMS!
What would Riachu bring to the table that Pikachu doesn't? Does he heal himself every time he attacks?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
What would Riachu bring to the table that Pikachu doesn't? Does he heal himself every time he attacks?
I don't know, because I am not a pokemon expert. The only thing about pokemon that I know is that Blaziken should replace the pokemon trainer.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace

This right here is interesting. I think people get confused with the illusion of game design.

For example I'll use what Mr.Mumbles said. "What would Riachu bring to the table that Pikachu doesn't?" In Melee we have seen Pichu pretty much replicate Pikachu with some minor difficulties and a different model. Does this make Pichu stand out as a character due to his model or due to his attacks? If you look at the semantics, there probably are just integer changes between the characters (by this I mean changing speed, damage, etc). Now what if we gave similar move sets to other characters and leave their model the same? For example, let's make Daisy a Peach replica. Does this mean that Daisy should be worth a spot in the roster?

This is what everyone should take into consideration when determining the abilities of characters. You can visibly make a move look different (Mario's FSmash vs Pikachu's FSmash), but it needs to define the character. Although, Mario's FSmash and Pikachu's FSmash are almost the same if you look outside the visual concepts. The things that are different are very minor changes to Mario's FSmash (such as damage, range, etc).

Its way more interesting to have a WAY different attack such as Megaman's FSmash compared to anyone else's FSmash in the game. It makes this character play WAY differently from the rest. This is what makes a good character. I hope to see more interesting changes with Smash 4.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
This right here is interesting. I think people get confused with the illusion of game design.

For example I'll use what Mr.Mumbles said. "What would Riachu bring to the table that Pikachu doesn't?" In Melee we have seen Pichu pretty much replicate Pikachu with some minor difficulties and a different model. Does this make Pichu stand out as a character due to his model or due to his attacks? If you look at the semantics, there probably are just integer changes between the characters (by this I mean changing speed, damage, etc). Now what if we gave similar move sets to other characters and leave their model the same? For example, let's make Daisy a Peach replica. Does this mean that Daisy should be worth a spot in the roster?

This is what everyone should take into consideration when determining the abilities of characters. You can visibly make a move look different (Mario's FSmash vs Pikachu's FSmash), but it needs to define the character. Although, Mario's FSmash and Pikachu's FSmash are almost the same if you look outside the visual concepts. The things that are different are very minor changes to Mario's FSmash (such as damage, range, etc).

Its way more interesting to have a WAY different attack such as Megaman's FSmash compared to anyone else's FSmash in the game. It makes this character play WAY differently from the rest. This is what makes a good character. I hope to see more interesting changes with Smash 4.
I see what your doing man... You trying to sound smart so other people will think your smart when you might not necessarily be as smart as they think you are. Your smart reply will cause other users to think others aren't very smart and that will cause discrimination on the forum. Thereby systematically leading to a civil war on smashboards between the smart people and the rabbit people typically leading to the solution of who is the smartest person. But when push comes to shove your smart reply is not smart enough to cause a smart civil war on smashboards between all of us smart people even when you try to sound smarter than us. You can't fool me dude I'm too smart for you...

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I see what your doing man... You trying to sound smart so other people will think your smart when you might not necessarily be as smart as they think you are. Your smart reply will cause other users to think others aren't very smart and that will cause discrimination on the forum. Thereby systematically leading to a civil war on smashboards between the smart people and the rabbit people typically leading to the solution of who is the smartest person. But when push comes to shove your smart reply is not smart enough to cause a smart civil war on smashboards between all of us smart people even when you try to sound smarter than us. You can't fool me dude I'm too smart for you...

*scratches head*

TL;DR: Animations don't necessarily mean that the move is different. That's all I'm trying to say. >.<

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
Well I can tell whatever it is your are trying to do with this post... you are definitely trying to do it.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
So, I guess I'll just camp here after being kicked out of the Social thread.

So... I guess no MNU today then.

^If Raichu is in Sm4sh, then what about Sma5h? Pichu to restart the cycle?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Not gonna lie, I have ballsy ideas for Plusle and Minun and Pichu that could make both of them (conceptually) awesome.

However, I don't do movesets (really), but rather character concepts and how they function, which I feel are more to the point.
3 Pikmin 3 days in a row

Half-Life 3 confirmed.
False, this confirms a tri-fecta.

Half-Life 2: Episode 3, Left 4 Dead 3, and Portal 3 confirmed.

Oh, and Half-Life 1: Episode 3, Halo Reach 3 (2 doesn't need to exist for a 3rd game): and Halo 3: 3.

Edit: THIS IS EPIC!!!! The Villaer's up B confirmed=???

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Da Fuq?

What's going on?

Stage hazard?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I love how Villager seems to be saying,
"**** logic I'm flying a gyroid rocket"

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Da Fuq?

What's going on?

Stage hazard?
I really don't know, I mean, I thought Lloid was just a background character?

If Lloid can be both a character/stage hazard/assist trophy/attack, then what of Tom Nook? And K.K?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This picture reminds me of this pro wrestling game on the PS1 I used to play at a friend's house, and one of the character entered on a rocket (that same pose) and did his special move (with that pose again) as well. In fact, I think the create-a-wrestler I used did that too.

LOL, 1999 memories. Makes me wonder where you all were at 14 years ago=??? :troll: :grin: :shades:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So....

Is this how Villager catches up to his victims?

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Maybe its his Final Smash? Kinda like Sonic, Yoshi and Diddy's? (Flying around quickly)

Only Sakurai's comment may ever reveal this photos secrets thusly...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
On-Screen-Appearance confirmed.

Only question left now is why this isn't an item in Animal Crossing yet? New Leaf DLC please.

D

Deleted member

Not sure it's his Final Smash....wouldn't he have the colorful aura around him and glowing yellow eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom