• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Then again, this is possibly the most hyped game we'll have out until Smash itself, so it WOULD make sense to do a Newcomer reveal, trailer and all. I don't know about you, but I'd rush to the store even faster than I'm planning to. Frickin Mewtwo and your awesomeness...
That's why I am thinking Mewtwo is going to get revealed. Out of all the Melee cut characters, Mewtwo stands above all since there was no reason to get cut it at all and it has tons of fan support to boot. Since fans have been demanding Sakurai to put Mewtwo in the game and the fact that it is one of the most popular Pokemon of all-time, I am thinking that its reveal will generate tons of hype for SSB4 and Pokemon X and Y. Better take that opportunity now!

Joy kill time: Banner coming down doesn't mean anything. It's a minor thing that will stay up for a while and eventually come down. Remember the days/months BEFORE September? And the large gaps of time between reveals?
Yes. However, they have been revealing characters near release dates. Also, we are talking about POKEMON here! It's the second best selling video game series of all-time! (behind Mario even!) And with the release of Pokemon X and Y coming out this Saturday, it would be very foolish if Sakurai didn't announce a Pokemon character. Besides, that banner was still up right before Sonic got confirmed. I'm gonna be optimistic about this since Sakurai is a pretty unpredictable person.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Oh the banner is down. This is bad news. I know everyone was hoping for the banner to go down because that'll signify a new reveal soon, but this means we may not be getting it on Friday, although it could be next week. I mean, if you think about it, the banner HAS still been up when a new character was revealed (Toon Link and then Sonic) but the banner has never been down for less than a week iirc. It just seems unlikely to me Sakurai would remove the banner just to add it back 2 days later.

Of course, I could be looking too much into this, I generally do, but I think it's still something to consider.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Everyone, I can sense it. I know who they're revealing on Friday, I swear.

Where does that come from? It's... mesmerizing...

Also, the reason I think we might not get a Pokemon character (which is not my personal opinion) but it's just because Sonic was revealed so early. Maybe he thought Sonic would give more hype than a Pokemon character in Smash (doubtful), or maybe because he didn't have anything planned for X/Y's release, he just threw in Sonic to please the fans, or revealed him at an earlier date, if Sonic was still to be revealed October.

Highly unlikely, but just a crazy theory.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yes. However, they have been revealing characters near release dates. Also, we are talking about POKEMON here! It's the second best selling video game series of all-time! (behind Mario even!) And with the release of Pokemon X and Y coming out this Saturday, it would be very foolish if Sakurai didn't announce a Pokemon character. Besides, that banner was still up right before Sonic got confirmed. I'm gonna be optimistic about this since Sakurai is a pretty unpredictable person.
A reveal being possible doesn't mean it will happen. Remember what happened with Wonderful 101. (No Smash reveal but everyone who watched the direct saw how epic the game is)

But i do see what you mean.

People need to be more realistic about this.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
A reveal being possible doesn't mean it will happen. Remember what happened with Wonderful 101. (No Smash reveal but everyone who watched the direct saw how epic the game is)

But i do see what you mean.

People need to be more realistic about this.

Although this isn't helping the point I gave, there is a contradiction. Wonderful 101 is a completely new IP. There is no way, unless Sakurai knew about the game back in '11, that a Wonderful 101 character would be selected for the roster, even though it's an amazing game.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Although this isn't helping the point I gave, there is a contradiction. Wonderful 101 is a completely new IP. There is no way, unless Sakurai knew about the game back in '11, that a Wonderful 101 character would be selected for the roster, even though it's an amazing game.
Yeah. But a lot of people watched the direct for a possible Smash reveal. Also, Sakurai probably knew about it since he's friends with Kamiya.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Tomorrow or Friday's pic of the day post...

"Here is the Pokemon reveal you have all been waiting for... the new stage, Pokemon Stadium 3!" :troll:

I'm calling it now, folks.

D

Deleted member

"Here is the Pokemon reveal you have all been waiting for... the new stage, Pokemon Stadium 3!" :troll:

Oddly enough, I can see Sakurai doing that. If he does, I would be very disappointed.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman

I'd laugh so hard if that happened. But I think Sakurai might wait 'til Monday for the reveal... or... or he might update it on the weekend just to mess with us. :D

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I GOTS TEH TINGULS.

EDIT: I have exactly 626 posts right now, you know what that means...

(lol random Disney reference)

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Sakurai is saying there's a new thing when Link uses his sheild to protect himself.
So in case I'm not clever and the answer is in front of me,did Link's sheild ever reflect projectiles?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It generally doesn't reflect them, but a thrown item is going to bounce off instead of just diappearing. I don't see any suggestion of a new mechanic beyond the small pushback.

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Because I'm afraid I'll be spoiled to no end about the game in the actual topic for X & Y:

/maskingisa*****/

I laughed more at that than I should have...

Anyways, I really hope it's Mewtwo getting revealed. I know chances are high for him to get in but still I want to know for sure. Jigglypuff is certainly in and I don't care about PT and Lucario. GIVE. ME. MY. MEWTWO. SAKURAI.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace

Just watch guys. Just to be an absolute troll and to tease the fans Sakurai won't give a new character reveal until Monday because you know Pokemon X and Y doesn't come out until Saturday. Sakurai feeds on our hype like the no-face from spirited away.

Behold the power of crappy cartoon drawing!!!

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
They're gonna reveal Pokeballs tomorrow lol I'm calling it
With X and Y themed Pokemon ofcourse.

... or Little Mac :]

D

Deleted member

I will all come down to Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, or Pokemon Trainer.

-Jigglypuff representing the new fairy type
-Pokemon Trainer representing the recent anime
-Mewtwo feels like the best representation of the X and Y games having both an X and Y Mega evolution.

I think at the end of the day I'm going to stick with Pokemon Trainer.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
I will all come down to Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, or Pokemon Trainer.

-Jigglypuff representing the new fairy type
-Pokemon Trainer representing the recent anime
-Mewtwo feels like the best representation of the X and Y games having both an X and Y Mega evolution.

I think at the end of the day I'm going to stick with Pokemon Trainer.

Ha ha, if Jigg or another pkm (like Zoroark instead Mewtwo) is revealed, many people here will explode like Electrode... S: If Sakurai reveals a trainer pokemon, want it to be of the second generation

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Oh the banner is down. This is bad news. I know everyone was hoping for the banner to go down because that'll signify a new reveal soon, but this means we may not be getting it on Friday, although it could be next week. I mean, if you think about it, the banner HAS still been up when a new character was revealed (Toon Link and then Sonic) but the banner has never been down for less than a week iirc. It just seems unlikely to me Sakurai would remove the banner just to add it back 2 days later.

Of course, I could be looking too much into this, I generally do, but I think it's still something to consider.
I still think Monday next week is a likely possibility.
But very similarly the banner was taken down within days leading up to Toon Link's reveal later that week. So it's really hard to tell.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Well, my Internet crashed again, but I'm at school, so luckily I could update here. But yeah, if my Internet isn't back tomorrow, don't expect the first post to be updated. :(

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm happy to see another screenshot with Toon Link in it, I thought he was going to get overshadowed by Sonic ever since he was revealed but Sakurai seems to be treating the both of them quite fairly with a decent amount of screenshots before the reveal of the likely Pokemon character for tomorrow. Although.... I'm still waiting for the WW Link and ST Link 3DS screenshot.... >:T

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Well, my Internet crashed again, but I'm at school, so luckily I could update here. But yeah, if my Internet isn't back tomorrow, don't expect the first post to be updated. :(

Don't worry about it, you do such a great job keeping us informed with the pics and the captions.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you are unable to update the thread, which isn't a problem, the mods can fill in for you until you are able to again. ;)

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Well, considering Sonic Lost Worlds comes out in a bit over 2 weeks (in Japan) and that's when I expected sonic to be announced. Or at least, somewhere around that time.

It would have made more logical sense (and been consistent with their trends with showing characters by their game's release) if they revealed a pokemon character this/last week and gave us sonic in upcoming weeks.

So, in my opinion, it's one of two things:
- There's something sakurai (or Gamefreak) don't want us to see until after Pokemon X/Y's release. i.e. news for smash 4 would equal spoilers for x/y
- The pokemon characters are being saved for a later event/time (which is reasonable, since the enigma behind which pokemon characters will be in smash 4 is one of the things with the most interest/hype)
Maybe a Kalos Pokemon Trainer reveal with one of the three starters being the final evolution (which hasn't been officially revealed yet and would constitute as spoilers to those who aren't aware of/avoiding the leak)? I really hope so, just because I love Chespin and Braixen would be quite awesome in looks, while Froakie would get his final form and be sweet. It would make sense, then, to announce the Trainer during the event tomorrow, because that's likely when they'd officially reveal the final forms and then there'd be no spoiler. It would be sad letting go of the Kanto starters' movesets, though.

*Sees link to TvTropes*

Oh well, I guess I'm not gonna be doing anything else for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom