• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Villager was in the background in Brawl's smashville, and is playable in SSB4

Gyroid confirmed for Smash 5?

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Ugh.. I don't know if I can take these pictures any longer but they will have to make do I guess.

Keto

Smash Journeyman
That yellow hydrant looks familiar...

Look at its eyes, mouth, and arm positioning. That could only mean one thing.

Cactuar confirmed for SSB4!

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Sadly enough, a Cactuar is one of the few Final Fantasy reps I could probably get behind. It's so hysterically random yet cartoonish that it fits.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Hmm a little information regarding this picture. I know some of us know that there seem to be two stages of Smashville. During the trailer, only one of them showed Gyroid in the background, he isn't in both. I can't find the thread that includes the zoomed out versions of both Smashville stages (if they are two different stages).

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hmm a little information regarding this picture. I know some of us know that there seem to be two stages of Smashville. During the trailer, only one of them showed Gyroid in the background, he isn't in both. I can't find the thread that includes the zoomed out versions of both Smashville stages (if they are two different stages).

I think their both the same stage only if you play at certain times the background changes. I think they did something similar to that in Smashville? I can't really remember It's been a while since I last played Brawl and that stage.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Nope, regardless of time, everything was the same. The only difference was, is that if you played exactly at 7:00PM, K.K. Slider would show up and sing a song.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hmm... Wasn't there also a time that if you played on that stage you see lots of these Animal Crossing characters at Nooks store that shows up on the stage or something like that? :/ Well I guess these could either be two separate stages but something tells me their the same stages. Guess we will have to wait and see until we get more info.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Hmm... Wasn't there also a time that if you played on that stage you see lots of these Animal Crossing characters at Nooks store that shows up on the stage or something like that? :/ Well I guess these could either be two separate stages but something tells me their the same stages. Guess we will have to wait and see until we get more info.

Yea I'm not too sure either. Well in the zoomed out version of the stage's photos, there was one platform. The other one had two platforms. There might be a transition of some sort, or you can choose a variation of the level. Maybe similar to choosing Morning, Evening, Night in Battlefield?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yea I'm not too sure either. Well in the zoomed out version of the stage's photos, there was one platform. The other one had two platforms. There might be a transition of some sort, or you can choose a variation of the level. Maybe similar to choosing Morning, Evening, Night in Battlefield?

Yeah possibly. Maybe depending on the time of day you play in this stage you get to see different number of platforms showing up and all.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Actually here....check this out....

Look at this video from 3:02 to 3:22....both Smashville stages are shown back to back, but we don't get a good view out of it. The coloring and textures also seem way different on both stages.........I don't know this is really awkward. Lol >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdfVCnB_IVo

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Actually here....check this out....

Look at this video from 3:02 to 3:22....both Smashville stages are shown back to back, but we don't get a good view out of it. The coloring and textures also seem way different on both stages.........I don't know this is really awkward. Lol >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdfVCnB_IVo

Well if you look at the clock's in the background you kinda see that its set in different times. The first one is set at around 1 PM and the other 12 AM. It most likely means nothing but maybe this time around the background does change depending on the time you start to play on this stage? :/ Who knows.... We need more information.... Or look at some other screenshots that show the clock's in the background.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well if you look at the clock's in the background you kinda see that its set in different times. The first one is set at around 1 PM and the other is a bit harder to see. It looks like it's at around 3 PM I think. It most likely means nothing but maybe this time around the background does change depending on the time you start to play on this stage? :/ Who knows.... We need more information.... (or look at some other screenshots that show the clock's in the background)
My theory is that the new AC stage will be randomly selected between city and town version like Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl with World 1-1 or World 1-2, offering the possibility of choosing the version by holding certain buttons as well.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
My theory is that the new AC stage will be randomly selected between city and town version like Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl with World 1-1 or World 1-2, offering the possibility of choosing the version by holding certain buttons as well.

That is of course also a possibility yes.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Hmmm good eye. I think that the clock in the second stage looks static and doesn't actually change time.

Also I realized something I didn't see before in that trailer. At 4:08, the Battlefield stage, does not have any platforms. Also the level changes from an in-game timer. The time also doesn't seem to affect the platforms since they are both shown in the morning.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hmmm good eye. I think that the clock in the second stage looks static and doesn't actually change time.

Also I realized something I didn't see before in that trailer. At 4:08, the Battlefield stage, does not have any platforms. Also the level changes from an in-game timer. The time also doesn't seem to affect the platforms since they are both shown in the morning.
On Battlefield without platforms, I think it was just a test stage that Sakurai used to showcase the new characters.

It wouldn't be too hard to implement a debug control to remove the platforms.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
On Battlefield without platforms, I think it was just a test stage that Sakurai used to showcase the new characters.

It wouldn't be too hard to implement a debug control to remove the platforms.

Very true, I thought the same thing as well. Just thought it was an interesting topic to bring up.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh wait, scratch my earlier statement. I forgot that Youtube had a full screen and HD function....

The second stage has the clock at 12 AM, maybe I should look around at some other screenshots that Sakurai posted in order to see if the timing has any significance towards how the stage looks in the background....

EDIT: Well the only other images I found that shows the clock are the ones of the first stage and they all show it at the exact same time.

First stage's clock.

Perhaps they haven't fully implemented the clock yet but oh well, I guess that's our only clue currently... Make of it as you will.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Todays photo shows off Fox's Rainbow Smash.
Not really sure how I feel about this effect. Seeing it in freeze frame and in action are two different things, but it is pretty noticeable even during a fight because it's got hot pink in it. That color just burns into the eyes.
Awaiting Fox's Up Special to become a Sonic Rainboom.

smashbrolink

Smash Journeyman

Today's picture

I am LOVING the game's new visual effects for attacks.
Making the attacks FEEL better will make the BATTLES THEMSELVES feel better.
It's going to be a lot more satisfying to land a well-timed Smash Attack when the strike has a wind-up-like flair of color and movement following it in a trail!
It makes it feel like the moves are so powerful that they leave particle after-images in their wake simply from cutting through the air itself!

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope the visual effects for the attacks change color based on the power of the attack itself.
Like for Smash Attacks, the colors go from white (weakest) to red (strongest, when you charge them to the max). Would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom