• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
A thing we all knew would be back with a minor change. Somehow people seem to like this pic better than Lucario's up b.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Don't play any Zelda games, so this could be a dumb question, but does that text in the yellow boxes mean anything? Looks like flipped japanese or something...
It's Hylian script, the fictional language of the Zeldaverse. It's been noted by fans that the Hylian script itself is composed of modified Japanese letters.

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
People keep making jokes about DK's nuts yet I'm pretty sure DK cares more about his banana than his nuts.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
The handle of the bat resembles dragon scales.

It makes you wonder about the mythology of the Smash universe.

"We need to craft a mystical superweapon out of pure Smash Dragon skin, what weapon should we make?"

"Hey guys, did you see that Dodgers game last night?!"

"Baseball Bat it is!"

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So I'm cautiously interpreting this to mean every character has a custom "OH ****!!!* animation for when they're hit by the home run bat? Can't wait to see it for everyone, especially a certain few characters. I'm looking at you, Marth. You too, Gannondorf.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
People keep making jokes about DK's nuts yet I'm pretty sure DK cares more about his banana than his nuts.
Yeowch! My Whoard!

"We need to craft a mystical superweapon out of pure Smash Dragon skin, what weapon should we make?"

"Baseball Bat it is!"
Wasn't Smash originally conceived as an original fighting game known as Dragon King? :surprised:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Is the eye popping with all characters or just DK?

Gonna be weird seeing a pop-eyed Mega Man

D

Deleted member

"Baseball Bat it is!"
...Dragon King.....

....he lives.......

kataridragon

Smash Ace
I'm liking the redesign a lot. I hope everyone's eyes pop out when hit by the bat.

I just imagine sonics one giant two pupil eye flying from his face. Lol

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568

And here's a look at a home run exiting the arena.
I've gotta say, this is actually a pretty bombastic cool-looking pic. Does anyone else purposefully set up cool-looking pictures and put them in the Album in the middle of a Brawl match? I've got quite the gallery myself. I'm also liking the redesign on the Homerun Bat, albeit, the pink/red handle sort of deviates from the scheme. I like how some of the classic items are getting "Smash-fied" in contrast to their previous, mundane look.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think the eyes popping out is actually part of DK's design? Remember Donkey Kong Country's intro where does kinda similar after seeing Cranky throw the TNT barrel.
There his eyes would pop out.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Ok, so what's the platform flying away under DK?

Is that the stage, did the Bat do it, and where did it come from?

EDIT Nevermind! Perspective error on my part.

Last edited:

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
I hope actual 3D eyes pop out of Game & Watch, just to screw with our minds.
If there isn't an update about that to warn me beforehand, that would probably be the most scary moment in Smash history. I can just imagine it now....Nightmare Fuel....*shudders

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Don't play any Zelda games, so this could be a dumb question, but does that text in the yellow boxes mean anything? Looks like flipped japanese or something...
It's most likely Hylian. The attention to detail is amazing.

So I'm cautiously interpreting this to mean every character has a custom "OH ****!!!* animation for when they're hit by the home run bat? Can't wait to see it for everyone, especially a certain few characters. I'm looking at you, Marth. You too, Gannondorf.
I can only imagine poor Mr. Sandbag now...

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
If there isn't an update about that to warn me beforehand, that would probably be the most scary moment in Smash history. I can just imagine it now....Nightmare Fuel....*shudders
Pretty sure that Game & Watch is so spatially complex that only 2D cross-sections of his form can exist in 3D Smash space.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm liking the redesign a lot. I hope everyone's eyes pop out when hit by the bat.

I just imagine sonics one giant two pupil eye flying from his face. Lol

Well now...That would be interesting. ¦D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom